PDA

View Full Version : The Thor/Jack disscussion/thunk thread

Nurgle
May 1st, 2004, 11:48 AM
Hasn't anyone else noticed that O'Neill and Thor seem to have a very "special" relationship, and that Jack has an obsession with Asgard "shiny flat butts"?

ShadowMaat
May 1st, 2004, 12:41 PM
Well, they're both unemotional and a bit aloof. And it's better than SOME pairings I've heard about. Why the heck not? http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/lynx/bluewink.gif

spg_1983
May 1st, 2004, 03:14 PM
i can definately see the special relationship between them but the ship id really like to see developed is thor/kinsey there is definately something there! :p

Teal'c
May 1st, 2004, 03:26 PM
I'm more of an Anise/Paul shipper :P

spg_1983
May 1st, 2004, 03:38 PM
what about hammond/morrigan? i think there might be something going on there

alaskannut
May 1st, 2004, 05:35 PM
O, Neil/Thor?????/.....Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *breathes* Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nurgle
May 1st, 2004, 06:06 PM
The one I *really* want to see is Anise/Osiris....

spg_1983
May 1st, 2004, 06:46 PM
how about olokun/kali?

daxterdd
May 1st, 2004, 07:11 PM
Hasn't anyone else noticed that O'Neill and Thor seem to have a very "special" relationship, and that Jack has an obsession with Asgard "shiny flat butts"?

Most definately.

Why else would Jack have asked Thor to go fishing with him?

spg_1983
May 1st, 2004, 07:13 PM
Most definately.

Why else would Jack have asked Thor to go fishing with him?
well wait a second he has taken teal'c fishing as well. are we atarting to see a trend here?

daxterdd
May 1st, 2004, 07:17 PM
well wait a second he has taken teal'c fishing as well. are we atarting to see a trend here?

Ya never know. Maybe.

:beg:

spg_1983
May 1st, 2004, 07:42 PM
Ya never know. Maybe.

:beg:
i think it would be funny to have an episode where thor did agree to go fishing with jack but have teal'c pull him aside and have a quiet conversation with thor that we cant hear and then thor comes back to jack and says on second thought maybe i should just go....

Nurgle
May 2nd, 2004, 04:46 AM
Something else to consider as potential proof in the O'Neill/Thor Ship/Slash (what gender is Thor, anyway?)...

The Asgard have shown an interest in using O'Neills DNA for procreation....

angsty_otaku
May 2nd, 2004, 06:33 AM
i see a definate possibility for a relationship happening... ;)

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 07:44 AM
Something else to consider as potential proof in the O'Neill/Thor Ship/Slash (what gender is Thor, anyway?)...

The Asgard have shown an interest in using O'Neills DNA for procreation....
i think they are all genderless now since they no longer have the ability to sexually reproduce

ShadowMaat
May 2nd, 2004, 07:48 AM
i think they are all genderless now since they no longer have the ability to sexually reproduce

Doesn't keep 'em from trying, I'll bet. ;)

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 08:49 AM
Doesn't keep 'em from trying, I'll bet. ;)
lol i think it might be hard to try if the naughty bits are all gone lol!

ShadowMaat
May 2nd, 2004, 09:36 AM
lol i think it might be hard to try if the naughty bits are all gone lol!

You just lack imagination. ;) There are ways around almost anything...

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 09:40 AM
You just lack imagination. ;) There are ways around almost anything...
lol im trying really hard to not picture it in my head. they are aliens after all they might have kept their genitals in their knees for all we know

Major Clanger
May 2nd, 2004, 10:14 AM
Just a gentle reminder about the PG nature of the forum

Major Clanger
GateWorld Moderator

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 10:25 AM

Major Clanger
GateWorld Moderator
sorry i wasnt trying to be sexual just going for the joke factor. ill be more clear with my jokes from now on.

Major Clanger
May 2nd, 2004, 10:27 AM
oh no, don't get me wrong, up to now it's fine (and hilarious, I'm a Jack/Thor shipper, when I'm not being a Jack/Harry shipper)

it's just easier to give a gentle nudge first, rather than have to come in with mops & buckets after

:D

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 10:33 AM
lol because of your avatar and darrens i just got this hillarious image of harry and bra'tac walking into the gate room carrying mops and buckets after sg-1 came through under fire and them grumbling about having to clean up after other peoples messes

Major Clanger
May 2nd, 2004, 10:34 AM
we have a fic challenge thread somewhere...

in the meantime... is your username after the Hamster from The Young Ones? (or am I showing my age?)

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 10:39 AM
we have a fic challenge thread somewhere...

in the meantime... is your username after the Hamster from The Young Ones? (or am I showing my age?)

Hammster from The Young Ones? nope sorry dont even know what that is lol. its actually just my initials and birth year, not very inventive i know but its been pretty much the same username ive used for everything since i first got online and signed up for my very first email account. ive always meant to ask you what MajorClanger is?

Major Clanger
May 2nd, 2004, 10:42 AM
The Young Ones was a comedy TV show in UK from about a century ago!

Major Clanger is the chief clanger. They are small, pink, knitted space creatures who in no way resemble any of the following: rats, mice, aardvarks, anteaters, pigs, armadillos.

http://www.clangers.co.uk

Will tell you everything you ever wanted to know, and more about Clangers. Including what they sound like

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 10:44 AM

Major Clanger is the chief clanger. They are small, pink, knitted space creatures who in no way resemble any of the following: rats, mice, aardvarks, anteaters, pigs, armadillos.

Will tell you everything you ever wanted to know, and more about Clangers. Including what they sound like
they kind of look like pink versions of this hamster i had as a kid..... :D

Major Clanger
May 2nd, 2004, 10:47 AM
are you familiar with my spoon?

---O

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 10:52 AM
aahhhh *runs and hides* ok so they dont look like a hammster i had as a kid!!!

Major Clanger
May 2nd, 2004, 10:57 AM
I knew you'd see it my way.

And before I have to spoon myself: Jack/Thor ship - Jack certainly has an easy way around Thor, he's even comfortable to shout at him. But only Sam has been invited for a meal with the little grey Supreme Commander.

ShadowMaat
May 2nd, 2004, 11:01 AM

That's why I didn't go into detail. :p

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 11:15 AM
But only Sam has been invited for a meal with the little grey Supreme Commander.

well it was really an invite to a meal, thor didnt eat, and after the way it turned out i dont think sam will be invited back anytime soon lol

Major Clanger
May 2nd, 2004, 11:27 AM
but still, he's never shared food with Jack. Unlike Harry...

I'll get my coat.

Teal'c
May 2nd, 2004, 12:41 PM

Ah, I remember being a kid and hating when that came on... now it's only on at 5am when stoned have ran out of munchies :P

DarkQuee1
May 2nd, 2004, 01:47 PM
And before I have to spoon myself: Jack/Thor ship - Jack certainly has an easy way around Thor, he's even comfortable to shout at him. But only Sam has been invited for a meal with the little grey Supreme Commander.

Yes, and he tried to poison her with the yellow "pellet with the poison."
;) Obviously, sheer jealously on his part, as he knows that Jack's heart will always belong to Sam.

J.

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 01:49 PM
;) Obviously, sheer jealously on his part, as he knows that Jack's heart will always belong to Sam.

J.
lol those asgard can be so petty sometimes!

ShadowMaat
May 2nd, 2004, 02:16 PM

Poisoning her with food?? Has he been hanging around Luke?? Luke better not find out he tried to poison Sam or there'll be REAL hell to pay. :D

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 05:02 PM
Thor....Jack.....ROFL
I laughed so hard at these posts....thanks you guys :D

Teal'c
May 2nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
Poisoning her with food?? Has he been hanging around Luke?? Luke better not find out he tried to poison Sam or there'll be REAL hell to pay. :D
A deathmatch between Thor and Luke! :D Why do they fight when all they need to do is rip apart Sam and Jack, keeping the pieces for themselves... :P

Geekyred
May 2nd, 2004, 05:07 PM
The one I *really* want to see is Anise/Osiris....
:D ;) :D ;)
Thats all I'm gona say :p

Geekyred
May 2nd, 2004, 05:10 PM

J.

Yeah but maybe Thors not after Jack's heart...... :p

stargate barbie
May 8th, 2004, 06:26 PM
ya know i've always thought that thor had a thing for jack. i'm not sure jack knows about it though. now there's an episode i'd LIKE to see!

Daniel: c'mon jack, how can you not know? he's named a ship after you. hhhmmm? a SHIP? no?
ok, he's threatened kinsey for ya? he's saved your butt countless times when the rest of the asguard said they couldn't do it? no?
ok how about that mysterious valentines you got last year?
Jack: :eek:

although now that i think about it, jack is always asking for thor... hhmm, maybe its not so one sided after all.....

May 8th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Oky i think two of them should become real frineds in the near feature, but no sexual stuff....ewww that's messed up... And if they are good friends that would help Human/Asgard allience a lot :D But i'm like really intersted in Asgard :D

stargate barbie
May 8th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Oky i think two of them should become real frineds in the near feature, but no sexual stuff....ewww that's messed up... And if they are good friends that would help Human/Asgard allience a lot :D But i'm like really intersted in Asgard :D

but they're in llluuuurrrvvvveee! are you shipophobic? or do you just not want jack and his alien life partner to be happy? :D

May 8th, 2004, 07:15 PM
but they're in llluuuurrrvvvveee! are you shipophobic? or do you just not want jack and his alien life partner to be happy? :D
well i have nothing against alien life partners, but the show would be killed if Jack would be gay..however may be if THEY prove that Thor is actaully a fimale..then may be...something like when Asguard restord their DNA, and Thor becomes a really hot female then MAY BE...But there is SAM!!!!!! <3

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 07:16 PM
well i have nothing against alien life partners, but the show would be killed if Jack would be gay

Who's to say Thor's a guy? It could be female. Or some third gender. After all, Thor's an alien. :D

stargate barbie
May 8th, 2004, 07:29 PM
yeah there is sam. but she doesn't have to know about thor. i think the rule goes, once they're in a different galaxy, its not cheating.
and jack could be bi. or maybe he's tri?

thorshammer
April 30th, 2005, 07:42 AM
This thread is for posting picutures, commentaries, and opinions. Peferally funny. I don't know why there isn't one already...well post away.

Lida
April 30th, 2005, 08:24 AM
OK, I've posted this pic and caption before, but I don't think anyone liked it.....http://www.freewebs.com/p3x888/Thor%20and%20Jack.jpg

"Yes I do agree Col. O'Neill, Sam is quite the looker."
:p

thorshammer
April 30th, 2005, 08:47 AM
I can't see your picture. :S

Lida
April 30th, 2005, 08:54 AM
I can't see your picture. :S

That's strange, I can see it. OK, I'll attach it. :)

thorshammer
April 30th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Little moments:
http://img156.echo.cx/img156/5580/30304edited4ne.th.jpg (http://img156.echo.cx/my.php?image=30304edited4ne.jpg)Click on it to see it bigger.

Good times :p

thorshammer
May 8th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Why aren't people posting?

ChevronFanatic
November 19th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I did a search and there's no Jack/Thor appreciation thread *shame everyone* ;)
So I figured why not start one.

First I think Jack was one of the coolest characters of SG1, I found the whole Asgard storyline very fascinating and it's so cool how Thor and the Asgard have this whole believe in him, I'd almost figured if Jack hadn't been the link to the Asgard there wouldn't have an alliance :thor:

And I love that scene ( no Jack unfortunally) where Kinsley raises his finger and then Thor doing the same, telling them that SGC one is in the best hands with Hammond and SG1, that was cool I can watch that 'finger-scene' over and over.

So what's your thought on Jack & Thor

King Oropher
October 30th, 2009, 04:15 AM
I enjoyed their friendship. I was disappointed though that they didn't have a farewell scene for Jack & Thor in Unending, would have been better to have O'neill in that episode rather than Landry.