PDA

View Full Version : Lexa Doig/Carolyn Lam discussion and appreciation thread

Lord Zedd
March 8th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Hi guys I thought to start a appreciation thread for the new doctor.What has been said in GateWorld is that her name is Carolyn Lam. She is Stargate Command's new chief medical officer and the daughter of General Landry.She is at the top of her field -- intelligent, quick-witted, and she doesn't take guff from anyone."And I saw the one picture of her on the gateworld homepage Click here (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/02/lexadoigcastonistargatesg-.shtml) and she is pretty hot !! :D Here is her fan site: Lexa Doig fan site (http://lexadoig.org/) So I think that this is one of the positive things that is going to happen in the ninth season You can post your thoughts about Lexa Doig in here and you can post some pictures in here but don't make them to big !! I found this one on the gateworld homepage.She is hot.I hope she'll have the same haircolor on stargate as in this picture:D:
http://img38.exs.cx/img38/33/lexadoig7qg.jpg

Wass
March 8th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Why not a thread on the hottes Doctor in SGC

http://images.absolutenow.com/postertn/Lexa_Doig/254389.jpg

macktheknife
March 8th, 2005, 03:42 AM
Wrong person. Go get a fraiser picture then it'll be right.

Lord Zedd
March 8th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Wrong person. Go get a fraiser picture then it'll be right.
Yeah I miss Janet Fraiser too and a lot of stargate fans miss her !! :( I still don't know why they had to kill her off.But what do you think of the new doctor?What expectations do you have for Carolyn Lam?Talk to me people :D

Spiderman
March 9th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Yeah I miss Janet too but the new doctor is hot!! I heared the news that there is going to be a new doctor.I am looking forward to seeing her.I haven't seen andromeda but I found a 'soft-sex sence with Lexa Doig in it.She is hot !!! ;)

PhilM
March 9th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Lexa was great as Rommie/Andromeda. I look forward to seeing her in the SGC, but I also miss Janet. It is sad that Lexa hasn't had a big part in the final season of Andromeda. but she did just have a baby, and let's all be happy for that!

NotAllowedToNameAnything.Ever.
April 27th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Just read that lexa doig will be on sg1. anyone have any clue what she will be playing (anything but an andoriod please.) Will she be a love interest to her real life hubby one danny jackson. Most of all I want to know if we can expect a little cat fighting. Cluadia vs. Lexa.

Truth be told its time for someone to settle down on the show. I can't name four people in my life that have had that bad of luck with relationships. Heck T seems to be the one having the most luck with the ladies. Though I would advice against marriage. Both T and Jacksons wives where killed. Heck even scara who was soon to be married. See carter was just trying to save petes life. Kind of fill sorry for Ry'ac.

Lida
April 27th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Just read that lexa doig will be on sg1. anyone have any clue what she will be playing (anything but an andoriod please.) Will she be a love interest to her real life hubby one danny jackson. Most of all I want to know if we can expect a little cat fighting. Cluadia vs. Lexa.

Truth be told its time for someone to settle down on the show. I can't name four people in my life that have had that bad of luck with relationships. Heck T seems to be the one having the most luck with the ladies. Though I would advice against marriage. Both T and Jacksons wives where killed. Heck even scara who was soon to be married. See carter was just trying to save petes life. Kind of fill sorry for Ry'ac.

Lexa has been signed on for several episodes to play the new doc. Not sure how I feel about it...... :rolleyes:

DJFavorite
April 27th, 2005, 03:33 PM
According the what I've heard, there is no ship between Daniel and Dr. Lam. (I believe that's her character's name.)

shockwave
April 27th, 2005, 11:23 PM
According to the spoilers from Creaton Ent convention Dr. Lam once had a relation with Mitchell (Browder)

the Fifth Race
April 27th, 2005, 11:28 PM
She will also be (when he arrives) the new general that will lead SG's (Beau Bridges) daughter in the show.

Hatcheter
April 28th, 2005, 01:01 AM
She will also be the new general that will lead SG's daughter in the show.

:confused:

;) :D

What he means is that Dr. Lam is General Landry's daughter, though the details about all that are unclear, i.e., why is her last name different, how can she be there without triggering nepotism regulations, etc. Also, she is supposed to have some kind of romantic history with Colonel Mitchel (Ben Browder).

Michael Shanks said Doig got the role entirely on her own merit, that he had nothing to do with it.

DWolf
April 28th, 2005, 02:48 AM
I'm happy Lexa got cast as the new CMO! :D Just have to say that. I finally have my favorite actress on my favorite show. SWEET!

DWolf
April 28th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Woo Hoo! Lexa! Lexa! Lexa!

~Happy Dance~

dec55
April 28th, 2005, 06:41 AM
The SG1 guys have been trying to get Lexa on the show since 2001.

It is not suprising they wanted to grab her once Andromeda finished.

Most likely she will be a regular next season....right now Lexa's baby is

her prioriety and maybe doesn't need a full schedule.

LordAnubis
April 28th, 2005, 10:38 AM

She's gonna be the new general's daughter too, I think, which doesnt seem like a good idea.

sg-1fanintn
April 28th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Yes, she will be playing a new doctor at the SGC. Her character is also the daughter of the new general, played by Beau Bridges.

Spimman
April 28th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Do a search and/or check the actual Gateworld website and you'll quickly find as much of her story as you are interested to read. :D

Mindgame
June 10th, 2005, 06:19 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing her. Right now I'm thinking a Mitchell-Lam-ship. Daniel has Vala. Lam needs someone and since it can't be me, I choose Mitchell.

No need to thank me Ben.

BaKsHi
July 22nd, 2005, 06:12 PM
I just saw Doig on Avalon Pt. 2 and I must say I am impressed! I just hope she is in more episodes.

** Sorry for bumping this old thread.

I didn't want to start another Doig thread if there was already one made, and she might be an interesting character to talk about.

the fifth man
July 22nd, 2005, 07:06 PM
She will be, and I agree, she did impress. At least, she did not disappoint. If the writers are as smart as I think they are, they will at least mold her character after Frazier. You know, make her the same kind of caring doctor.

TheCorpulent1
July 22nd, 2005, 07:35 PM
Outside of her talk with Landry, I definitely saw some shades of Fraiser in Doig's performance. She runs into the same problem that any young, undeniably hot actress runs into in the role of a doctor or scientist--namely, that there's no way in hell she'd BE a doctor or scientist and she was likely just cast for her looks--but she definitely did a convincing job.

thetron
July 23rd, 2005, 07:40 AM
Well she's wearing cotton now... :D

Qasim
July 23rd, 2005, 08:58 AM
As for people saying she shouldnt be working under her father it seems that they were both assigned at the same time and didnt know the other was coming

Lida
July 23rd, 2005, 09:04 AM
Outside of her talk with Landry, I definitely saw some shades of Fraiser in Doig's performance. She runs into the same problem that any young, undeniably hot actress runs into in the role of a doctor or scientist--namely, that there's no way in hell she'd BE a doctor or scientist and she was likely just cast for her looks--but she definitely did a convincing job.

Really? You don't think a female doc or scientist can be hot? Try again. You need glasses or are you just still stuck in the 60's?

As for Lexa Doig, sorry, but I didn't see any shades of Fraiser, I thought her acting was stilted, and tptb need a new technical advisor, because that "code" she ran was a joke! Vala wasn't even tubed. Give me a break.....

AGateFan
July 23rd, 2005, 09:08 AM
Jack assigned them both, he shouldnt have done that. This would not seem to mesh with normal military regulations. The only way this can even really be justified is if she is bringing something more to the table than we are seeing. As Carson said in SGA there are many, many people even more qualified then himself. So I find it hard to beleive that Lamb is the most qualified CMO for the SGC. So unless we get info indicating that Lamb is some type of prodigy or somthing then I can only assume this was Jack trying to "stick it to the man" and violate regulation to help out a friend. Nepotism at its best.

Lida
July 23rd, 2005, 09:10 AM
Jack assigned them both, he shouldnt have done that. This would not seem to mesh with normal military regulations. The only way this can even really be justified is if she is bringing something more to the table than we are seeing. As Carson said in SGA there are many, many people even more qualified then himself. So I find it hard to beleive that Lamb is the most qualified CMO for the SGC. So unless we get info indicating that Lamb is some type of prodigy or somthing then I can only assume this was Jack trying to "stick it to the man" and violate regulation to help out a friend. Nepotism at its best.

Excellent points. I agree. Bad job on the part of the writers, what were they thinking??????

guff706
July 23rd, 2005, 09:10 AM
I prefer Fraiser as the Doctor but ofcourse that won't be happening. I also think Fraiser would have tried harder to keep spoiler(vala alive instead of calling it so fast)

tofuchef
July 23rd, 2005, 09:36 AM
the doc is hot :D i want a piece of her

NakedJehutyV2
July 23rd, 2005, 10:56 AM
lexa is married to micheal shanks?

Redwall
July 23rd, 2005, 11:04 AM
Yes.

I liked Doig because she was very different from Fraiser, much more assertive and even condescending at times.

TheCorpulent1
July 23rd, 2005, 11:10 AM
Really? You don't think a female doc or scientist can be hot? Try again. You need glasses or are you just still stuck in the 60's?

As for Lexa Doig, sorry, but I didn't see any shades of Fraiser, I thought her acting was stilted, and tptb need a new technical advisor, because that "code" she ran was a joke! Vala wasn't even tubed. Give me a break.....
I knew someone would inevitably take that the wrong way. I meant that the general perception of hot actresses is that they can't pull off "smart" roles. I don't know, maybe I'm just cynical from having recently watched the Fantastic Four movie, where they failed miserably to sell Jessica Alba as a genius geneticist. Stargate's always been great at portraying intelligent characters on both sides of the gender line, though, and Doig's Dr. Lam was no exception.

I thought Doig's inflections were similar to how Teryl Rothery portrayed Fraiser. The characters are definitely different, but they had the same kind of air to them, in my opinion. I can't say anything about how accurate her medical procedures were since I know even less about medicine than I do about the military, so I didn't notice that.

TINemo
July 23rd, 2005, 12:51 PM
I knew Lexa was coming to be the new doc, but I hadn't heard she was (Beau Bridges) Landry's daughter. From the dialogue and reactions in Avalon 2 I thought she was an ex-wife or ex-girlfriend--though admittedly rather young for old Beau who is in his 50s I believe. He is the older of the Bridges *boys*, Jeff being younger.

I agree the code was badly done.You do need to oxygenate the person ,though not necessarily intubate them,while you are trying to jumpstart the heart . They did show someone *bagging* her but having done that myself, you need to get a good seal against the face and you really have to squeeze the bag hard to overcome the stiffness of the lungs.Also it looked as if she was trying to use the paddles thru Vala's robe,and way too high on the chest. The idea is to get the electrical current across the heart to jolt the sinus node into working--and you won't do that up around the neck. Maybe they need a medical advisor on set so she doesn't look foolish

As for women scientists and doctors not being attractive-- for shame! Of course there are some very lovely ladies, and some regular ones--just as there are with men.Why are all the StarGate males handsome,witty, brave, loyal etc etc. --'cause that's what viewers want to see.Which brings me to a pet peeve-- but a different thread I'm sure. Why does Major Shepherd(now Lt Col) NEVER comb his hair? It' very unmilitary of him. He was the ranking military man but now Caldwell outranks him. Will he comb or cut it now?????

I realize that's shorthand for being a maverick, don't obey the rules guy, but in the REAL Air Force--that hair would go fast!!

Which brings up another question probably already discussed. Why the heck is the AirForce(Planes etc) running the SG land exploring program? I know they get to fly cool jets and hyperspace etc etc now, but originally(say in the movie) were they Air Force or Marines?????????

esoap524
July 23rd, 2005, 01:31 PM

Well, she's in her 30s so she's old enough to be a doctor. And I think that doctors are allowed to be attractive. If you think she was convincing as the doctor, then I guess the pretty is an added bonus.

ETA: saw your "mea culpa" post. NEVER confuse Jessica Alba with an actress. LOL!

NakedJehutyV2
July 23rd, 2005, 01:43 PM
Yes.

I liked Doig because she was very different from Fraiser, much more assertive and even condescending at times.

[mod snip]

before that she was a b movie queen

tofuchef
July 23rd, 2005, 01:51 PM
why do you people comment whether she can portray as a doc or whatever... who cares.. she's hot. period.

Avenger
July 23rd, 2005, 03:40 PM
how can she be there without triggering nepotism regulations, etc.

She didn't look military in Avalon pt. 2

Osiris-RA
July 23rd, 2005, 03:53 PM
I didn't like how she handled Vala being "dead". I mean, she was like "Ok, she's dead, next please!" :rolleyes: A little too brash if you ask me. I miss Doc Frais's never leave a man behind on the operating table demeanor. Caroline's so far everything that creeps me out about doctors. *shudder* :(

the fifth man
July 23rd, 2005, 04:59 PM
Personally, I'm going to give this new doc a chance. Let her develop a little before I judge her too harshly. So far, so good.

jckfan55
July 23rd, 2005, 05:32 PM
So far we don't have much to go on, but I'd say one step above Dr. Dimbulb (Brightman?) from last season so far. Maybe Teryl Rotherty has more film presence-- I liked her right away.

Skydiver
July 23rd, 2005, 07:51 PM
all in all, i think she'll work out ok. yes, the medical code was poorly done. course, most tv shows so totally mess up medical procedures that i'm used to it

And to put on the mod hat for a moment. Nothing here has crossed the line yet, however there are a couple of rules that can apply to this thread

respect the actor/actress
keep the topic off thier personal lives

Quinn Mallory
July 23rd, 2005, 11:07 PM
I think it's too early to tell about Lexa Doig's character Carolyn Lam. I agree that without reading the news brief, basing just on Avalon 2, I wouldn't know that Lam is Landry's daughter but would have guessed ex-lover.

There are definitely some hot scientists and doctors in real life (although I think there are definitely more in the biological sciences than the physical sciences but that's just b/c there are more females in the bio. sciences) but I think the point of that first post is that hot actress generally don't give a good portrayal of scientists and doctors but I think this is more due to the fact that many hot actresses simply can't act at all and only got the job due to their appearance.

Excali5033
July 23rd, 2005, 11:17 PM
Against the regs - She looked like a civilian to me.

Air Force running the SGC - The Air Force has jurisdiction over anything to do with space. However, the Marine Corps play a big role in the actual field operations.

QuiGonJohn
July 24th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Well I liked her for her first appearance. But we really haven't gotten to see much of her so far. I'm sure she will work out fine as the new doc.

dec55
July 24th, 2005, 09:42 AM
I didn't like how she handled Vala being "dead". I mean, she was like "Ok, she's dead, next please!" :rolleyes: A little too brash if you ask me. I miss Doc Frais's never leave a man behind on the operating table demeanor. Caroline's so far everything that creeps me out about doctors. *shudder* :(

:lol.....If you ever watch ER, or actually work in trauma...it is a defense
mechanism of all medical staff. I found Lexa's portrayal as a doctor who
has experience seeing trauma and death many times very accurate and
far from the hollywood mold. Yes she is totally gorgeous and looks
like a kid....but yeah, she got all the technobable on the money and
the humanity and compassion when she isn't in the middle of a case.
I think the reason she did not show any feelings is that she had imediate concern with Jackson......she didn't have the time nor the luxury to grieve.....

Seeing Lexa on the set is a dream come true.

Osiris-RA
July 24th, 2005, 07:14 PM
:lol.....If you ever watch ER, or actually work in trauma...it is a defense
mechanism of all medical staff. I found Lexa's portrayal as a doctor who
has experience seeing trauma and death many times very accurate and
far from the hollywood mold. Yes she is totally gorgeous and looks
like a kid....but yeah, she got all the technobable on the money and
the humanity and compassion when she isn't in the middle of a case.
I think the reason she did show any feelings is that she had imediate concern with Jackson......she didn't have the time nor the luxury to grieve.....

Seeing Lexa on the set is a dream come true.
Still, Doc Frais made it feel more homey. :( Lexa's cool and all - but Janet was just ... someone comfy with a medical degree you could come home to..

dec55
July 25th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I would discribe Doc Fraiser as a dedicated military officer that has a proper
and easy bedside manner. She was always formal but compasionate. Dr. Lam
on the other hand seems more Urban, straight out of a major ER. She is more
confrontational when the saftey of her patients are in question. She seems
very comfortable and eager to deal with offworld medicine, and has a fast
paced demeanor. She too is compassionate....but won't let a loss of a patient
effect her, if others need her attention at the same momment. Some may feel
it makes her less feeling, but she obviously has dealt with trauma before
seeing how fast she reacts critical situations. Would have loved to see both
characters work together....but you never know.... with SG1.

dec55
July 26th, 2005, 10:18 PM
all in all, i think she'll work out ok. yes, the medical code was poorly done. course, most tv shows so totally mess up medical procedures that i'm used to it

And to put on the mod hat for a moment. Nothing here has crossed the line yet, however there are a couple of rules that can apply to this thread

respect the actor/actress
keep the topic off thier personal lives

When they used the defibulator....they should have exposed Vala's thoracic area. I was suprised they let that slide. But Lexa got all the terminology down
perfectly. I just wished they at least had a medical consultant to make things
more accurate. Overall Lexa did excellent on her part and had a air of credibility
as Dr. Lam. (My guess she has extensive ER experience and medical research.)

dec55
July 30th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Loved Lexa in this eppy...this is gonna be a great season!

Dani347
July 31st, 2005, 09:52 AM
I like Dr. Lam. I've never watched Andromeda, so my only experience with LD's acting came from The 4400. I think her acting here is fine. I also like that the character isn't a Janet clone, which I would find insulting, and that she has more personality than Brightman.

Rommies Slave
July 31st, 2005, 09:53 PM
Who was Brightman?

Sheylafan87
August 1st, 2005, 02:10 AM
hey does anyone know when lexadoig.org will be back up.?

Rommies Slave
August 1st, 2005, 04:56 AM
Not for a while.

Sheylafan87
August 1st, 2005, 06:40 AM
DO U KNOW Y the sites on hiatus?

Qasim
August 1st, 2005, 06:45 AM
I have been wondering about that aswell

Lida
August 1st, 2005, 10:20 AM
When they used the defibulator....they should have exposed Vala's thoracic area. I was suprised they let that slide. But Lexa got all the terminology down
perfectly. I just wished they at least had a medical consultant to make things
more accurate. Overall Lexa did excellent on her part and had a air of credibility
as Dr. Lam. (My guess she has extensive ER experience and medical research.)

You're kidding, right? So all actors that play docs on TV/movies have "extensive ER experience and medical research"? ROFL

If that were the case, perhaps they would get something as simple as a code done correctly. You're right about about defibbing on bare skin, but what about gel pads or just gel? And how about intubation? I don't recall her asking for an injection of Lidocaine.....etc, etc.

Every show with a doc in it has a medical advisor/consultant and so far this season, the SG-1 med advisor has been fast asleep.

As for Ms. Doig's acting, I'll withhold final judgement until I've seen her in more than one or two episodes.

dec55
August 2nd, 2005, 10:02 AM
You're kidding, right? So all actors that play docs on TV/movies have "extensive ER experience and medical research"? ROFL

ER experience in the sense that she can at least visit one and ask questions of folks that work there. She obviously won't be allowed to treat people but she can watch folks interact. At least doing some research would help. Though I don't know if Lexa does such things. I just can speculate.

If that were the case, perhaps they would get something as simple as a code done correctly. You're right about about defibbing on bare skin, but what about gel pads or just gel? And how about intubation? I don't recall her asking for an injection of Lidocaine.....etc, etc.

They could have done the proceedure more accurately, maybe having
Lexa do all the other stuff would have taken to much time and if it were
done, would have been edited anyway. Hopefully they will be more careful in
future eppys.

cjnol
August 2nd, 2005, 08:16 PM
Go Lexa! I think Lexa is a great fit with the cast and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her. We have the most popular actors of the best sci-fi shows all in Stargate!

Qasim
August 3rd, 2005, 05:10 AM
What do you think of my new sig

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1685/lexacmo4nc.jpg

dec55
August 3rd, 2005, 09:29 PM
I love those!!!!! :D Great Lexa sigs qasimjavid and cjnol!!!!!!!

Qasim
August 4th, 2005, 03:37 AM
Thanks - Zelazny made it for me

AshViper
August 9th, 2005, 01:38 PM
I'm currently loving this season and get really excited when ever I see Lexa on screen during an ep, lol (same goes for The 4400).

Dave6309
September 5th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Hi guys I thought to start a appreciation thread for the new doctor.What has been said in GateWorld is that her name is Carolyn Lam. She is Stargate Command's new chief medical officer and the daughter of General Landry.She is at the top of her field -- intelligent, quick-witted, and she doesn't take guff from anyone."And I saw the one picture of her on the gateworld homepage Click here (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/02/lexadoigcastonistargatesg-.shtml) and she is pretty hot !! :D Here is her fan site: Lexa Doig fan site (http://lexadoig.org/) So I think that this is one of the positive things that is going to happen in the ninth season You can post your thoughts about Lexa Doig in here and you can post some pictures in here but don't make them to big !! I found this one on the gateworld homepage.She is hot.I hope she'll have the same haircolor on stargate as in this picture:D:
http://img38.exs.cx/img38/33/lexadoig7qg.jpg
I for one am very glad to see Andromeda's Rommie here on Stargate Sg1. All that is missing now is to get Lisa Ryder (Bekka) on either SG1 or Atlantis.

dosed150
September 6th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I'm currently loving this season and get really excited when ever I see Lexa on screen during an ep, lol (same goes for The 4400).

you do realise what that sounds like

GenHammondsBarber
September 11th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Hi to all the Lam fans. I just wanted to let you know that I have a top 25 poll that i am inviting you to contribute to. Dr. Lam is ranked #12. Outside the top 10 currently.

Re: SG Universe Top 25 Babes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Poll

1) Col. Samantha Carter (159 pts) 2) Dr. Weir (154) ^ 3) Teyla (151) ^
4) OSIRUS (139) 5) Dr. Frasier (138) ^ 6) Vala Mal Duran (137)
7) Charlotte Mayfield [Ba'al's companion] (116) 8) Ishta (114)
8) Dr. Heightmeyer (114) ^ 10) Anise (111) 11) Sora (110)
12) Dr. Lam (104) 13) Ayiana (96) 14) Hathor (92)
15) Lt. Cadman (85) 16) Sha're (81) 17) Krista (80)
18) Nirrti (68) 19) Oma Dasala (57) 20) Shau'nac (53)
21) Cadet Hailey (47) 22) Katie Brown (43) 23) Kerry Johnson (40)
24) Garshaw (33) 25) Replicarter (30)

Others: These characters have recieved votes, but not enough to crack the top 25.

Lya, Reese, Tenis raymond, Mellin, Lt. Claire Tobias, Kynthia, Krista James, Rosha, Waitress from Holiday, Merrin, Lt. Satterfield, Wraith Keeper, Technician Davis, Drey'auc.

Lord Zedd
September 13th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Cool didn't know that. Nice to see my old thread I started away back before season 9 began, again :p

GenHammondsBarber
September 15th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Hi I forgot to leave the link:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

deSaintphalle
September 27th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Wow, I am totally ready to learn more about Carolyn. Whenever she appears on screen, I'm all like, "cool - now we'll learn something."

Time for more Dr. Lam.

dec55
December 3rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
Woooohoooo!!!! New episodes are gonna be here soon!!!! More Lexa/Lam!!!
Yippie!!!!

dec55
December 10th, 2005, 06:32 PM
I loved how Lexa sees her character...it really adds another dimension
to Dr Lam....

This is from the Sci Fi interview.....

Lexa Doig
Dr. Carolyn Lam

Q: What is the most interesting thing you've found about playing the character of Dr. Carolyn Lam? The hardest thing about playing the character?

Doig: The most interesting thing (and, incidentally, the most disturbing thing) about playing Lam is discovering that she and I are a lot alike in many ways. The hardest thing about that is I find her choices in regards to her relationships to be a bit immature. I wouldn't make those choices, so it's hard for me to find the justifications for them.

But then again, my relationships with my loved ones always take precedence over work. I think, for Carolyn, that the importance she places on her career is a defense mechanism because she doesn't know how to handle her personal baggage.

jazz!
December 13th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Is it me or does the new Doc seem quite depressing!
She does not seem to have any enthusiasm.

Lord Shiva
December 13th, 2005, 03:44 PM
I kinda like her, but her character really needs more development. This is NOT a negative post in any way - I do like her.

Madeleine
December 15th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Is it me or does the new Doc seem quite depressing!
She does not seem to have any enthusiasm.

I don't find her depressing. I agree that she's not got much enthusiasm, but she does have drive, which is enough for me. She's definitely driven.

She seems to be in medicine for the intellectual challenge, which I do like to see cos it makes a nice change; it's more common for female TV doctors to be motivated more by their desire to help people than by their dispassionate intellectual side.

KillerMercury
December 17th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Yeah! Filipina in scifi! Okay, she's only half Filipino, but it's something.

Dr. Lam seems like a cool character to me. Even though she needs to crack a smile every now and again, the way she interacts with everyone and her relationship with her father is definitely worth watching.

cjnol
January 11th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Dr. Janet Fraiser was serious also, but that's how a doctor usually is. I don't think Dr. Carolyn Lam is any different, she's just as serious as Dr. Fraiser was. I enjoy her on the show and would like to see more of her.