PDA

View Full Version : Prometheus & Daedalus diff.

Pages : [1] 2 3

the Fifth Race
April 25th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Will there be any differences between the two?....

Was this talked about at any point during SGA and or SG this last season....

Is it because of the Asgards engine technology that we can now reach Atlantis from Earth.

Anubis69
April 25th, 2005, 08:47 AM

Is it because of the Asgards engine technology that we can now reach Atlantis from Earth.
From memory, yeah. at the beginning of "Moebius" it showed a plan view of the ship (which i can't remember!!) i think someone in another thread said how the daedalus uses the asgard ion engines instead of the naquadria hyperdrive which allows us to get there in 4 days. if you want the info regarding what we know for sure, watch the beginning of "moebius pt 1" and the i think the beginning of "the siege part 2". that's probably all we know for sure.

the Fifth Race
April 25th, 2005, 09:00 AM
From memory, yeah. at the beginning of "Moebius" it showed a plan view of the ship (which i can't remember!!) i think someone in another thread said how the daedalus uses the asgard ion engines instead of the naquadria hyperdrive which allows us to get there in 4 days. if you want the info regarding what we know for sure, watch the beginning of "moebius pt 1" and the i think the beginning of "the siege part 2". that's probably all we know for sure.

That makes sense that the engine is different in Daed. from Prom....Did they actually say in SGA that the Daed. was 4 days behind the group that came from earth to help defend Atlantis. I thought the group that came from Earth to help defend Atlantis were there for longer than a few days leading up to the attack?...although Im nor sure.

Anubis69
April 25th, 2005, 09:04 AM
i haven't seen the episode since it aired, but i remember colonel.....everett i think his name was, saying that they only had to buy enough time with the rail guns etc. till the daedalus arrives there in 4 days to give back up. but iv got it on tape (im sad!!) so ill watch that bit again.

Anubis69
April 25th, 2005, 09:15 AM
i apologise about the double post....

the colonel says "with the ZPM powering the daedalus' engines it'll be here within 4 days". so whether the engines are of Asgard design (like the ion drive) and they're easier to interface the ZPM with i don't know the specifics.

Sam also said at the beginning of "moebius" that the "daedalus had incorporated more advanced technology from various races." maybe not just the asgard but perhaps some from the race in "space race"!

immhotep
April 25th, 2005, 09:45 AM
right the daedalus is our fist real success, ship wise. the promethius was our first but it was put together in a hurry, has everything just jumbled togeth hoping its going to hold together long enough for them not to get blown up.
the deadalus however is a whole new kind of vessel, carefully put together using the latest tech, both asgard and human, it has every upgrade the promethius had standard plus many others.
the deadalus has:
*asgard weapons
*rail guns - promie lost out on those ( siege pt2)
*asgard shield
*intergalatic asgard hyperdrive - promie barely had a hyperdrive
*asgard teleporters that dont need locators, beam away in other words
*rings
*advanced power source and ZPM compatable ( i asume an asgard power source to hand engine,as martin said)

the daedalus is going to be 10x the ship the prommie could ever be and if it get blown up by the wriath in siege pt3 were royally screwed.

Qasim
April 25th, 2005, 09:49 AM
The prometheus was updated with asgard tech while the daedlaus had asgard tech in it from the start.

See this thread aswell http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3559

Lida
April 25th, 2005, 09:52 AM

I don't believe this was talked about on either SG-1 or SGA, but the TPTB did talk about it, and the Daedalus will be an improved version of Prometheus.....with a NEW commander. But you all already know that! :p

the Fifth Race
April 25th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Great info thanx, Anubis, Immhotep, qasimjavid!!!!

So the way I am understanding this, is that the Daed has the Zpm on it to power the engines to go faster?.

Immhotep or anyone else
....do you think the storyline will evolve as such, that the Daed dominates the Wraith ships and might make them think twice about invading Earth, or will it be destroyed maybe?...

Qasim
April 25th, 2005, 10:22 AM
So the way I am understanding this, is that the Daed has the Zpm on it to power the engines to go faster?.at the moment - we dont know how long the zpm will last

immhotep
April 25th, 2005, 11:00 AM
IMO the deadalus will survive but the ZPM wont, martain said in reply to my question about atlantis that the ZPM wont be address at first, so im saddened by the sound of it no surviving. the daedalus will scare the wraith, but wont deter them forever, i think well wait a few season til the next wraith attack, like we did in sg-1 with apophis.

the Fifth Race
April 25th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Ok, so your logic is, that the Zpm will burn out getting the Daed. to Atlantis?. Then they have to rely on regular Asgard power for the engines to get back to Earth in weeks like it was gonna take Prom.?. Interesting!....

How about this scenario, the Daed will be destroyed while defeating the Wraith, then the surviving crew of the Dead along with there supplies brought over from Earth will stranded at Atlantis till the Prom. or another Zpm can be found....

Or, the Zpm has to be used up to destroy the Wraith stranding them for the time being??...I can't wait till season 2!

Qasim
April 25th, 2005, 11:37 AM
IMO the deadalus will survive according to the promo pics it will

Anubis69
April 25th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Whether it survives and they use it on a regular basis, who knows. if it does, i can't wait to see how they're gonna integrate it into the show. wonder where they'll park it........

_Owen_
April 25th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Mobius
The ZPM was new and barley ever used. It should last a substantial amount of time. (See Mobius)

I believe that the Deadalus will survive. When Martin Gero was asked about a possible asgard guest star, he said, and I quote,
Atlantis Season Two

"Don’t want to give too much away, but let me say this…the Daedalus is perhaps the most advanced vessel the Air Force has ever built. We sure could use, say: a full time crew member who would ensure we’re using it to its maximum potential…if you get what I mean."

also said in the "Ask Martin Gero" thread

Atlantis Season Two

"With the Daedalus shuttling crew and items back and forth from Earth to Atlantis..."

This leads me to believe that the Deadalus will survive.

Owen Macri

Panther
April 26th, 2005, 12:46 AM
I'd be nice to see some tech specs on the baby.

_Owen_
April 26th, 2005, 05:43 PM
They will probably come out when it is actually in the show, tptb will make one.

Owen Macri

Panther
April 26th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Let's hope they did their naval combat research. LOL.

_Owen_
April 26th, 2005, 08:01 PM
lol. they've probably checked EVERYTHING out.

Owen Macri

_Owen_
April 26th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Hey I was just thinking? What do you think the designation of the Daedalus wil be, X-304? If they have mentioned this in the back half of SG-1 Season 8, I appoligize, a have not seen any episodes after "Gemini."

Owen Macri

alaskannut
April 27th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Well, as for differences between the Prometheus and Daedalus, I have it on record from Martin, that Daedalus will be bigger, and as we all guessed looking at the schematic from Moebius Pt. 1, will have a distinctly different outline....as for redesignation...I'm voting for Battle Cruiser-304 ;) :p

David
April 27th, 2005, 01:13 PM

The two ships will be almost entirely different. The opening of Moebius was filmed before the Daedalus' configuration was locked down - or even sketched, probably. GateWorld saw the art work and some of the pre-vis stuff and she is absolutely incredible. Sleek as all get-out.

alaskannut
April 27th, 2005, 01:45 PM
The two ships will be almost entirely different. The opening of Moebius was filmed before the Daedalus' configuration was locked down - or even sketched, probably. GateWorld saw the art work and some of the pre-vis stuff and she is absolutely incredible. Sleek as all get-out.
Oooohhh...you wouldn't happen to be able to post a sketch from memory..or get in touch with the producers for some of that artwork to post here???

David
April 27th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Not unless I want to be selling ice cream out of a sidewalk vender by tomorrow morning! :D

Panther
April 27th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Well, as for differences between the Prometheus and Daedalus, I have it on record from Martin, that Daedalus will be bigger, and as we all guessed looking at the schematic from Moebius Pt. 1, will have a distinctly different outline....as for redesignation...I'm voting for Battle Cruiser-304 ;) :p

Well it looks very similar to the Prometheus, and you can see the hangar deck and launch bay. :rolleyes:

alaskannut
April 27th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Well it looks very similar to the Prometheus, and you can see the hangar deck and launch bay. :rolleyes:
Ahhh...but according to david they changed the configuration for the final design:p

alaskannut
April 27th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Not unless I want to be selling ice cream out of a sidewalk vender by tomorrow morning! :D
Welllllll..I hear that does come with excellent benefits :p ;)

Panther
April 27th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Hopefully then this time we'll have an argument which class of crusing ships it is! Muahahhahaha! Here cometh high blood pressure levels!

alaskannut
April 28th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Hopefully then this time we'll have an argument which class of crusing ships it is! Muahahhahaha! Here cometh high blood pressure levels!
*Beats Panther into into submission with butt end of staff weapon*

There. Argument ended...its a battlecruising ship :p .....and hey, my blood pressure's actually a little lower than it was to begin with :D ;)

Panther
April 28th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Who knows? It could be anything from a light cruiser to a battleship! Or if they decided to go the otherway, a fully fledged carrier!

Too bad I was wearing a jump helmet when you hit me with that staff weapon. :D

Speaking of the Daedalus, they better have some turrets on there. There's a reason we use them today.

_Owen_
April 29th, 2005, 01:11 PM
I agree the Daedalus seems like it would be a warship.

Owen Macri

Panther
April 29th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Well obviously! Any ship primarily built for war is a warship!

Anubis69
April 30th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Well, it's gonna have to be a formidable craft to rival the wraith hive ships given the firepower on those babies. "the siege" the way they carved that satellite into pieces was impressive.

immhotep
April 30th, 2005, 10:51 AM
not really, they concentrated 2 ships forepower on it, it had no shield, was probley quite run down, if it had a zpm in there it would of held for sure, obviosly itddint of we wouldnt need siege 3.
anyway, the daedalus, as david has pointed out is goign to be totally awesome whateva its like, i hope it will look like a daniel jackson or an oniel type design, but thats just me. the difference is obviosly going to be that its second generation material, that means all the kinks out of the prommie plus upgrades. ive already posted what i believe are the closest things to specs, but they just need to be confirm (david an nod or no, if allowed):D!

the Fifth Race
May 1st, 2005, 07:36 AM
not really, they concentrated 2 ships forepower on it, it had no shield, was probley quite run down, if it had a zpm in there it would of held for sure, obviosly itddint of we wouldnt need siege 3.
anyway, the daedalus, as david has pointed out is goign to be totally awesome whateva its like, i hope it will look like a daniel jackson or an oniel type design, but thats just me. the difference is obviosly going to be that its second generation material, that means all the kinks out of the prommie plus upgrades. ive already posted what i believe are the closest things to specs, but they just need to be confirm (david an nod or no, if allowed):D!

So you think the Dead. is gonna look more like an Asgard ship imm?....I guess that would'nt be so bad, those Asgard ships are quite impressive. Any ideas on the size of the Daed. compared to the Prom. I know the Prom. is like half the size of the Asgard ships.

Seastallion
May 1st, 2005, 08:50 AM
Okay... first off... the Dadealus isn't a 304 anything. Not X or BC. Prometheus is an experimental test-bed... essentially it was built to find out if we could build a viable space-faring warship. Thus the 'X', for eXperimental. The BC designation that was given the Prometheus, was because of a forced pressing into service. The BC has two possible meanings; 1) BC= Battlecruiser, or 2) BC= Battlecruister/Carrier (because it carries F-302's). For all its differences, the Dadealus will remain BC-303 model ship. Keep in mind the X-type ships are specific models used to test the viablility of a new design. The 'BC' designation is for a working model... but the 303 or 304 doesn't have anything to do with a specific ship. It is a model number, not a serial number. Each ship will have different serial numbers, but the BC-303 is the number that the Dadealus model is based from. So it will not have a 304 number of any sort. The specific ship number for Dadealus may look like.. BC-303-001, whereas the Prometheus would be something like.. BC-303-000. Thus any ships of the same model would likely be BC-303-###.

The Dadealus is a full-on production class ship, not an experimental test-bed. The Dadealus class starts with Dadealus, but certainly won't end there, as the Prometheus did. It makes sense that the Dadealus appears somewhat different, and bigger, because it is like the difference between a 'rough draft' when submitting a paper, and the 'final version'. There will be additions and deletions, which the Prometheus was used as a base model for. Once they had gotten a successful combination of elements, the came up with the Dadealus class.

As to the onboard systems...

The Prometheus originally had a human-built hyperdrive, powered by Naquadriah. The Naquadriah generator's buffer became over-loaded, and had to be ejected...and then it exploded. The Prometheus became stranded, but fortunately it was on a world that had a stargate. The Prometheus was repaired using an Alkesh hyperdrive, but was still powered by a Naquadriah generator, with a new (and likely improved) power-buffer. On the journey home, they had to take short breaks to allow the Buffer to bleed off its excess energy, meaning it was still using Naquadriah. Later, after the Prometheus returned to Earth, it was fitted with an Asgard Hyperdrive. Until we're told otherwise, we have to assume that they are STILL using a Naquadriah generator, and its associated Buffer.

The Dadealus was designed with an Asgard Hyperdrive built into the design. However, they are still using a Naquadriah generator with its Buffer. The ZPM simply allows the Dadealus to travel faster than normal. The Prometheus itself is capable of making it to Atlantis within a months time without a ZPM. We can assume the same is true of the Dadealus. The ZPM that the Dadealus will be using, will still have a substantial charge (it was 'new' and unused), which is why it will immediately be sent down to Atlantis to power the shields. Once that is done, the Dadealus will revert to using its Naquadriah generator for main power. It is conceivable that the Dadealus could return to Earth under its own power at some point, however I'm inclined to think it will stick around Atlantis for the near future.

The BC-303's use the Naquadriah generators only for the hyperdrive. They use regular Naquada generators for all other systems. All future BC-303 ships will likely be fitted with Asgard design hyperdrives. (It may be that Earth will be able to produce its own hyperdrives w/ the Asgard design) The BC-303's also use Asgard designed Shields, and Weapons. It is also fitted with 'Transport Rings', and also now has an Asgard 'Transporter'. As we recently learned in "The Siege, pt. 2", the Dadealus class ships are now fitted with Electromagnetic Rail Guns. (The Navy is currently experimenting with Rail tech to put on Navy ships in 'real' life) They also have missile weapons, that have so far been less than effective.

Besides all that, the Prometheus was designed to carry a compliment of 8 F-302's. However, since the Dadealus class is bigger, they may carry even more Fighters. (perhaps 12 or 16) The closest real world equivalent for the BC-303 would probably be the British or Soviet-era Russian Carriers. They are both essentially Battleships w/ a launch ramp for fighters. There are a few nations that have 'carriers', but the U.S. is the only nation on Earth that has 'Supercarriers', capable of launching 4 fighters at a time.

Of course, the creators of Stargate could make Dadealus completely different... but that would sort of contradict what we've already been told. To be a 'sister-ship' it will have to have strong similiarities between the ships. Dadealus may be bigger, and less 'blocky' looking... but It will essentially follow the same design theme. Dadealus is a better ship because it is designed with the improvements that were simply 'added to' the Prometheus after the fact.

Hywel
May 1st, 2005, 02:17 PM
Hmm. I guess all the recent posts were lost when the servers were changed.

Anyways, here I go again.

I'd like the lines on the Daedalus to be more curved, to make it look less like LEGO.

Are curves better for space travel? I realize when in an atmosphere / underwater, the more streamlined the better. But what about in space? Does it matter how slim the ship is?

Also, I'm guessing that the colour will be the same for the Daedalus as it was for the Prometheus. I think the grey is perfect for space travel. To quote Urgo, "What a nice shade of gray!" :p.

aAnubiSs
May 1st, 2005, 03:07 PM
The configuration of the hull should only matter when they're taking damage in a firefight. They've got shields to stop debris from hitting them while travelling at sublight.

Panther
May 1st, 2005, 03:54 PM
Um, ships don't do firefights mate. That word only applies to infantry units.

NotAllowedToNameAnything.Ever.
May 1st, 2005, 11:47 PM
ZPM dosent burnout.
The expedition team will return to Earth in "Intruder," courtesy of their new Zero Point Module.

alaskannut
May 2nd, 2005, 01:53 AM
Uhmmm..Seastallion..I was kinda kidding about the whole BC-304 thing...I was giving Panther a bad time ;)

Jordo
May 16th, 2005, 11:58 PM
It will be kinder like a VCR and a DVD player - digital and analogue.

The prommy is little (bout size oh standard Hatak)
The Big D will be big (bout size of hive ship i reckon)

I cant wait for the little asgard on the Big D to start getting worried about his life when the sparks and stuff start going off in the Big D (as per spoiler pics)

I have a funny feeling that it wil hold a lot more 302's than Prommy just cause something Martin said. "There will be a lotof 302's in season two - especially in the episode "Intruder".

So we know the Big D survive Seige 3 - ansd the ZPM survives too - cause Weir goes back to earth for bit

the Fifth Race
May 17th, 2005, 07:09 AM
It will be kinder like a VCR and a DVD player - digital and analogue.

I cant wait for the little asgard on the Big D to start getting worried about his life when the sparks and stuff start going off in the Big D (as per spoiler pics)

I have a funny feeling that it wil hold a lot more 302's than Prommy just cause something Martin said. "There will be a lotof 302's in season two - especially in the episode "Intruder".

So we know the Big D survive Seige 3 - ansd the ZPM survives too - cause Weir goes back to earth for bit

Giving away alot of spoilers for season 2 Jordo :S

I wonder if the Daedelus will be as big as a hive ship or on par with a big Asgard ship?...I hope your right about that one!

LOL....to the Asgard on the Daedelus ducking and running for cover. Although the Asgard and Thor in paticular have showed great courage all through the SG genre.

Seastallion
May 17th, 2005, 08:55 AM
It will be kinder like a VCR and a DVD player - digital and anal (http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=anal)ogue.

Uh.. I think you got the wrong Idea. The main difference between the ships, is that one was built as a test platform, and the other was built as a line production. Yes, Dadealus will be a little bit bigger... but not nearly on the scale your referring to. The Prometheus is no where near the size of a Ha'tak vessel, and I doubt even the Dadeauls is as big, either. Granted, they're both bigger than an Al'kesh, but that isn't the same as a Ha'tak. Don't assume too much difference. There are some, but not near as much as your thinking. As to your analog vs. digital analogy... doesn't ring at all. It's nothing like that at all. Your talking about a completely different set of technological circumstances, that don't line up. Analog, uses waves (like radio), and digital uses 0's and 1's, in computer language to code and decode things. VCR tapes uses magnetic field variations to transmit analog form information, where as DVD's use 0's and 1's to be decoded by a computer prgram into useful information. Totally unrelated subject with the 303's. :p

_Owen_
May 17th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Remember these ships have to be built and stored on Earth, where would you hide a ship as big or bigger than the great pyrimids?

Owen Macri

Ulos
May 18th, 2005, 03:33 AM
It might be possible, but it would be cheaper to build a greater number of small ships than to construct a place to build huge ships undetected and build a huge ship.

_Owen_
May 18th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Size is not necesarily relevant, I would take a small ship that could take on a ship 1000 times its' size over a larger ship anyday.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 18th, 2005, 02:04 PM
u know i like the idea of bieng able to use ships if formation, when ever id designed a ship i would maek sure that like if they group together the shield strength would increase tenfold or would be able to go faster.

_Owen_
May 18th, 2005, 02:28 PM
That sounds pretty cool.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 18th, 2005, 02:36 PM
i definitly think formations are the way to go, the asgard and other races dont bother because there above thinking below and all that but because weve used formation since roman times were in a position to create high class warships in formation giving us an advantage others may not have, thats if the area 51 guys can find a way to create a sort of link between the ships,a galatic internet (the tokra's last act should be to give us that dam internet thing, its the only thing ive ever wanted from them!).

aAnubiSs
May 18th, 2005, 03:35 PM
You better be damn sure to make it possible to work in numerous formations, since if it requires 4 ships for your formation all you have to do it to destroy one of them to break the formation.

I prefer battle groups of different ships over formations of the same class.

_Owen_
May 18th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Which "dam internet thing" are you refering to, I do not remember this from the show.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 18th, 2005, 11:46 PM
u know in threads and reckoning jacob bring out that handheld internet and show the team what ships are being ripped apart and stuff, it was really cool and he said in answer to jack ' i shouldnt really be doing this, in fact i shouldnt even be here, basicly is a really advanced internet.
i was by far the best thing the tokra have, cept the crystal growing( it looks brill.)

immhotep
May 19th, 2005, 08:27 AM
and yes the formations would be very adaptable, anything from 3 ships to a whole 200 strong fleet could be formated to share a large shield or have a ring of outer ships that are stong, and a inner that are weaker or bieng repaired ready to be swapped for damaged outer circle ships, gd system IMO, as long as we have the reapiring capability or even to have the inner lot keep a strong shield up while the outer fire back. or even 3 cloaking 7 shielding and 15 attacking in a 25 stong fleet.

the Fifth Race
May 19th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Those better be some killer shields Immo!....by bunching together groups of ships like that they sure are limiting there attack strategy and might make themselves vulnerable to some kind of super weapon.

immhotep
May 19th, 2005, 08:41 AM
no because if you imagine 3-200+ asgard shield or even atlantis type shields when we are capable, all combined in to a super defense barrier around a fleet i doubt any super weapon could get though and if it did there are still a fleetof ships to deal with.

the Fifth Race
May 19th, 2005, 08:46 AM
no because if you imagine 3-200+ asgard shield or even atlantis type shields when we are capable, all combined in to a super defense barrier around a fleet i doubt any super weapon could get though and if it did there are still a fleetof ships to deal with.

You're right about that.....I was mainly thinking that it would be a disadvantage if that is the only way there shirlding could defend them in an attack posture. I just can't imagine a fully cloaked fleet hanging in a semi-tight formation (because of shielding) being effective when going on the offensive.

immhotep
May 19th, 2005, 09:23 AM
ah well i was saying that if you brung your shiny new fleet in to battle and it was an ambush, wouldnt you like to be able to pull out a secret weapon that surrounds an entire fleet in with an impenatrable barrier long enough to escape or organise in any formation just by simply huddling together, if you need to escape all you do is disconnect you ships shield from the collective formatiions shield output capacity and cloak your ship, then you pass out of the formation and the shieldand hyperspace it out of there.continue until the formation is small enough to join together and create a hyperspcae window to fit whats left, our ships wont be that large and if atlantis(huge) can create a window im sure a reasonable small fleet can do the same focusing whateva create the window to the same point and have the same destination at the same time.

the Fifth Race
May 19th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Awesome Immo!...I'll buy that scenario. That's a pretty cool idea.

_Owen_
May 19th, 2005, 01:03 PM
u know in threads and reckoning jacob bring out that handheld internet and show the team what ships are being ripped apart and stuff, it was really cool and he said in answer to jack ' i shouldnt really be doing this, in fact i shouldnt even be here, basicly is a really advanced internet.
i was by far the best thing the tokra have, cept the crystal growing( it looks brill.)
Oh that explains it, I have not seen Reckoning yet, I live in Canada and the chanel that is furthest ahead where I live is Space, it is only at "Citizen Joe" which happens to be airing later today.

Recckoning part I is next week! I don't think it was threads, I caught that episode when I was in Florida, and I don't recal any internet device.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 19th, 2005, 02:00 PM
no ive looked it up, its reckoning part 1.

_Owen_
May 19th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Ok, I will hopefully catch that next week.

Owen Macri

Shade
May 25th, 2005, 05:34 PM
the daedalus is going to be 10x the ship the prommie could ever be and if it get blown up by the wriath in siege pt3 were royally screwed.

I do not believe the Wraith would be able to destroy such a ship, the Asgard highly advanced, however, the wraith are in far greater numbers and it may be possible to destroy the Daedalus.But with the Asgard's technology it seems unlikely.I guess We'll have to watch the episode when season 9 comes in.

_Owen_
May 25th, 2005, 06:24 PM
I agree, with the asgard enhanced technology there is no way two hive ships can take on the Daedalus, they wouldn't even be able to take on the Prometheus, Wraith technology is primitive in comparison, they have no chance, in place of cunning strategies, intelligence and advanced technology, they have sheer numbers and brute force.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 26th, 2005, 01:37 AM
i agree...i ment that if they could destroy it the ZPM would be gone as well, as well as the solar system i geuss, and atlantis. the daedaluss IMO is going to be a veryu formidable ship, cant wait!

Hudson
May 26th, 2005, 03:35 AM
Are curves better for space travel? I realize when in an atmosphere / underwater, the more streamlined the better. But what about in space? Does it matter how slim the ship is?

Nope. hence the borg cube.

Stricken
May 26th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Here the only pic thats around from Moeibus in the begining:

http://www.geocities.com/sgc_commander2000/Moebius1x0001.jpeg

It looks like Prometheus but it is the Deadalus i asure you of that

immhotep
May 26th, 2005, 09:42 AM
actually that isnt the daedalus, the moebius shot was a concept image. it been changed considerable since then.

_Owen_
May 26th, 2005, 12:55 PM
I think it will end up being very cool, we have nothing to worry about.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 26th, 2005, 01:01 PM
IMO the daedalus will probebly become like an early model of the beliskner.......a great ship in it own right and a brilliant addition to our fleet,well it would be our fleet practicly, in PG at least! (i hope the asgard send a few ships along to help out)

_Owen_
May 26th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I don't think it will be as advanced as the Beliskner, actually it might, seeing as tons of Asgard technology is being built directly into it.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 26th, 2005, 01:15 PM
yeah, if the oniel was the most advanced ship ever built by the asgard, and our tech is derived form that model,it should be at least as good as its predecessor.

_Owen_
May 26th, 2005, 01:24 PM
I think there were a couple ships in between the Beliskner and The O'Neill.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 26th, 2005, 01:32 PM
well even if its any model of the asgard, the oldest model weve encountered has been the beliskner, so its plausable that they wouldnt give us out of date technology, there would be no point, even if our tech, de-advanced the overall ship the asgard tech would probebly make a beliskner type vessel within our capabilitys,in military capabilaties at least ( beliskner was huge so size might be an issue); i think asgard hyperdrives all have that H shaped back en, and so if we get a AH we should also have to adopt that shape,making it a very different shape of ship than the prommie.

_Owen_
May 26th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I think they just liked that shape, because we already are using Asgard hyperdrives, and we haven't had to change the shape of the ship.

I agree with you the Asgard wouldn't give us out of date technology, the reason that I would say that it would be similar to the Beliskner simply because there is still pieces of our technology in it, and our technology could bring down the overall... I can't think of the word... goodness (not the word I was looking for) of the ship, so instead of it being completly Asgard, and equivilent to The O'Neill, it has some Human technology and is probably equivilent to a ship between the Beliskner and The O'Neill.

Owen Macri

Shade
May 26th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I believe that the Asgard technology that was built in the ship would be the ship's basic functions.Such as hyperdrive, weapons, shields, etc.The human technology in the ship would most likely be minor...such as computers, or interior design such as seats and things like that.But, I'm only guessing.I'm just assuming that the SGC wouldn't want to hinder the ship's abilities by putting their own weapons technology in it, or any other technology that would have a major affect on the ship's abilities.

_Owen_
May 26th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I would assume that they would stick some projectile weapons on the ship too, they are effective in some situations, more so than energy weapons.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 27th, 2005, 03:15 AM
i think the ship will have a range of weapons:
*an asgard primary 'cannon' of some kind
*rail guns
*machine guns and missles
*nuke silos or bomb deployment systems
*alkesh/energy turrets

i also think that the air force wouldnt hinder the generosity of the asgard by crapping the ship up! they might have just built a shell, said to the asgard do you thing and well sort out the rest.........in that case the ship would have our design,their tech and our finish........or it could simply be a case of us giving the asgard a blueprint and resouces and saying build it for us and add stuff u want to give us to it and send it back, custom made if you will.

Shade
May 27th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Well, whatever the layout or the ship's offense and defense, just with some sort of Asgard cannon would be extremely powerful.A rapid-firing weapon such as a rail gun would be highly effective against unshielded foes.So yeah, a sort of projectile weapon is quite effective in some situations owen.

immhotep
May 27th, 2005, 04:39 AM
i think three weapons that have different capabilities are the best type of offence for a ship, it mean u can adapt to any situation.

_Owen_
May 27th, 2005, 05:42 AM
That is a good philosophy, and I believe you are correct. However there are situations where none of the weapons will do.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 27th, 2005, 07:14 AM
the thing is you will always have an opponent u cannnot combat, all you can do is prepare fro the battles that are likely and be able to be prepared to adapt to the ones that are unlikly. its unlikely there will ever be a ship that can be used for every purpose,have every weapon for every enemy, however a ship that has many weapons that can inflict various types of damage in a variety of ways will always be superiour to a ship that is specialised to fight only one battle not the many.

_Owen_
May 27th, 2005, 01:07 PM
That is a good point, you can theoretically tell the future by analyzing the past but that is a little of topic and would take a while, so instead you just equip yourself with the technology needed to fight your known enemies, not the ones that might spontaneously appear out of hyperspace, of the likes you have never seen.

Owen Macri

May 27th, 2005, 07:41 PM
And for a change of pace the daedalus will come with seatbelts and airbags standerd.

_Owen_
May 27th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Lol, I somehow doubt that.

Owen Macri

May 27th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Fraking budget cuts, I told them i wanted a seat belt. First on star and now this.

_Owen_
May 27th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Lol! maybe they will tie them to the seats. lol.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 28th, 2005, 04:08 AM
no they have these wierd harness things.........saw them in memento and PU.

_Owen_
May 28th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Oh ya, now I remember, I though I remembered somthing like that but I wasn't sure, now I definetly remember.

Owen Macri

Anubis69
May 29th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Alright, here's a bizarre thought, what noise is the daedalus going to make??

prometheus was kind of a "dum dum dum dum dum" noise
ha'tac's are a "grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
Asgard are more of a steroetyped advanced ship noise but i can't describe it in words!
I can't remember any more. apart from hive ships but i can't remember if we ever get close enough to hear them!

I was always a fan of voyager's when it flew by the camera in the intro!! back to SG, i reckon given the asgard engines will give it the noise of, as people were comparing it to, the beliskner or other asgard vessel.

_Owen_
May 29th, 2005, 08:27 AM
It will ba combination a, dum, grr,r steryotyped advanced sip noise.

lol.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 29th, 2005, 08:51 AM
i tihnk it will be lalalalaleelaleelaleeleeleelalelalelumlolilalelo! :D

_Owen_
May 29th, 2005, 09:16 AM
lol, maybe we should just wait for the episode, either that or somebody find a sound file that you think it will sound like, the lalalalales don't realy help, lol.

Owen Macri

the Fifth Race
May 29th, 2005, 09:35 AM
The best sounding ship was the Enterprise from TNG!....I have a killer surround system (including rear channels) and a large plasma screen in my home. I basically watch all scifi genre shows and movies. The way the Enterprise sounded with the surround system on is sweet!.

_Owen_
May 29th, 2005, 09:51 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
*drools on keyboard*

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
May 29th, 2005, 10:31 AM
I'm thinking more of a pulsing "wumwumwumwum" for the insides of the Daedie :D

Hudson
May 29th, 2005, 11:00 AM
*hopes it wont make the crazy frog noise :D ....*

immhotep
May 29th, 2005, 11:31 AM
The best sounding ship was the Enterprise from TNG!....I have a killer surround system (including rear channels) and a large plasma screen in my home. I basically watch all scifi genre shows and movies. The way the Enterprise sounded with the surround system on is sweet!.
i want your home! plz email me a copy of it!

Brian2103
May 29th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Well, sound in space is one of the most erroneous things in all scifi stuff. There is no sound in space, because it's a giant vaccum. But without the sound it would be boring, so I love it. =)

Anyway, my question is... Earth is building these huge battleships and advanced space-superiority fighters, why haven't we built anything small with a hyperdrive? There have been a couple instances where the Stargate has crashed, so why haven't we built anything like a cargo ship that can go retreive teams that get stuck if that were to happen, instead of opening up the big desert doors and flying a monsterous BC-303 out just to pick up 4 peeps.

immhotep
May 29th, 2005, 01:37 PM
the x-302 has a hyperdrive, making it the smallest hyperspace capable ship ever built to our knowledge.......if it works well this could give every ship in our fleet hyperscape capabilitys..........with better weapons ( such as mini rail guns) each ship could be an extreamly compact version of an alkesh, which is a great acomplishment for us a people.

_Owen_
May 29th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Well, sound in space is one of the most erroneous things in all scifi stuff. There is no sound in space, because it's a giant vaccum. But without the sound it would be boring, so I love it. =)

Anyway, my question is... Earth is building these huge battleships and advanced space-superiority fighters, why haven't we built anything small with a hyperdrive? There have been a couple instances where the Stargate has crashed, so why haven't we built anything like a cargo ship that can go retreive teams that get stuck if that were to happen, instead of opening up the big desert doors and flying a monsterous BC-303 out just to pick up 4 peeps.
Ya, you are thinking of something in between the X-303, and X-302. Something about the same size as a transport vessel, ot maybe even an Alkesh.

The reason we haven't really built anything like that is because it would be pretty expensive on Earth, and we don't really seem to have a use for them.

We have our big ships for defense, and we have our little ships for an offensive defensive combination, we don't need anything in between when we have the stargate as a means of transportation.

Owen Macri

Proxy
May 29th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Any pics of both ships peoples?

_Owen_
May 29th, 2005, 08:47 PM
I believe that there was another thread specifically about that, but I can't remember the name.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
May 29th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Just check the Omnipedia.

Proxy
May 29th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Dagnamit

6thMonolith
May 29th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Dagnamit to what?

Proxy
May 29th, 2005, 09:45 PM
That there are no pics of both ships in this thread.

6thMonolith
May 29th, 2005, 10:07 PM
the 302's and 303? You can check the Omnipedia, or just google it ;)

_Owen_
May 29th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Or were you asking for pictures of The Prometheus and Daedalus?

Owen Macri

Proxy
May 30th, 2005, 02:07 AM
Asking.

immhotep
May 30th, 2005, 03:10 AM
the reason earth hasnt developed a bomber type vessel is very simple,we dont have any weapons for use in such a ship. The prommie and daedalus are not that much bigger than alkesh,i think its about 40% bigger ( the prommie anyway, the daedalus may be bigger thaqn a hatka enen nearer beliskner size)
The x-302 people seriously inderestimate, even i did in the past, all the ship needs is some rail gun type weaons and its would to be incredible formidable:
*hyperdrive- get though shields
*can take out mothership with method above
*can go in to hyperdrive and cann incredible payloads- it carried a stargate!
*could be modified by add better wepaons or adding ineriataless engines for interianal deampners or a shield or claok to become and incredible vessel..........we soon will have access to alot more old goauld naqada based tech, with our naquadria we can reduce the proportion like we did with the hyperdrive and be able to make all the cloaks,shield and weapons small, lighter and more powerfull by incorperating ancient and asgard technolgoy in to to create a super fighter with shield, powerfull energy weapons, cloak and hyperdrive in a form not much larger than a earth bomber today.
the F-303 could be a alkesh type vessel with the capabilities of a hatak the size of a glider..........and each earth mothership can holder dozens of them, a new power is rising and it is going to be good.

_Owen_
May 30th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Lol, it sounds cool, I don't know if they will actually do something exactly like it though.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 30th, 2005, 01:56 PM
sorry that was my annoying mate! sorry.

immhotep
May 30th, 2005, 02:00 PM
i think they will do a f-303, the technology's there we jsut need to utalise all of our option, and use them together, eg: the kelownen naquadria, FJN acccess to advanced ships, the asgards new found spirit of cooperation, atlantis, and all the other resources at our disposal to help earth.

_Owen_
May 30th, 2005, 02:03 PM
sorry that was my annoying mate! sorry.

That is ok, I have a friend like that too, I can see him doing the same thing. lol.

Owen Macri

_Owen_
May 30th, 2005, 02:05 PM
i think they will do a f-303, the technology's there we jsut need to utalise all of our option, and use them together, eg: the kelownen naquadria, FJN acccess to advanced ships, the asgards new found spirit of cooperation, atlantis, and all the other resources at our disposal to help earth.
I agree.

Owen Macri

immhotep
May 30th, 2005, 03:06 PM
i hope they inprove the whole ship building system once the daedalus prooduction line start, they should be continuously upgrading each ship............after 12 daedauls's are built upgrade with any new info, add a cloak, build a dozen more with upgrades, ungrade the fighters with thwe above specs, build enough to replace the current models in the ships, research the creation of a bomber type vessel after alkesh bombs are studied and retroengineered, build them, build some more daedalus( or equivallent ) class vessels and repeat; the key is continuous building,upgrading at all times, then research and built again.

Capn_Canada
May 30th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I beleive the Daed. will loose the ZPM and be stranded in Atlantis. And thanks to the magic of TV, they'll have a convinient place to dock it in Atlantis.

_Owen_
May 30th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Lol, or they could just keep it in high orbit... forever. lol.

Hey, Capn_Canada, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here, happy posting!

Owen Macri

Ganjaman
May 31st, 2005, 04:02 AM
Without the ZPM daedalus can get back it just takes a while i.e. a month instead of four days.

the Fifth Race
May 31st, 2005, 04:30 AM
Without the ZPM daedalus can get back it just takes a while i.e. a month instead of four days.

True, just like the Promethius.

immhotep
May 31st, 2005, 04:55 AM
i will take less than that..........the proomie takes a month the daedalus would prbley take a week.

Anubis69
May 31st, 2005, 07:27 AM
That was one thing i cann't remember. when prometheus' hyperdrive was upgraded by the asgard, did they make advancements to our (i use that term loosley!!) tech, or did we just get rid of the naquadriah system for a completely new asgard one?

As for the daedalus coming back to MW, i don't think it will. i reckon it'll stay in pegasus, obviously without the ZPM, but be used either as some sort of short term deterrant to the wraith or some other reason i can't think of. It seems like the sort of thing designed by TPTB to give a new layer of action to atlantis and for the SFX team to get their hands dirty. that's one thing that i missed in early SG-1, there was very little ship action but when it came along it was oh so good! Atlantis seems to be more ship orientated, which doesn't surprise me given atlantis is one big honkin' ship. it would make more sense for it to stay in pegasus anyway, what would it be used for on earth?? prometheus was barely used and that was with the goa'uld as a threat!

the Fifth Race
May 31st, 2005, 08:04 AM
I agree the Daedelus is gonna be based at Atlantis. Whether by design (stationed) or if it gets stranded there. There are way to many cool storylines they can use with the Daedelus as the back-drop!. Plus having a very powerful war-ship would keep other's (besides the Wraith) like the Genii from messing with the Tauree' :D

_Owen_
May 31st, 2005, 01:43 PM
I agree it seems as though the Deadalus will stay at Atlantis, to act as an intermediary between the SGC and Atlantis, seeing as contact on a regular basis cannot be established, however with the new ZPM...

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 1st, 2005, 05:24 AM
the daedalus will stay in pegasus and i suspect that now the daedlus class is going to go in to mass production, the prommie and others will be sent as well along witht he asgard ships for hemoid and in exchange for their allowed study of atlnaits/giving us tech.
the daealus's role in pegasus will be:
*to defend the skys above atlantis
*support the expedition on offworld missions if neccisary
*be used as intermeditary between earth and atlantis - sending spare PJ for study for example

_Owen_
June 1st, 2005, 03:07 PM
I agree that the Daedalus will stay at Atlantis, and I half agree that they will put it into mass production. They will probably make a couple more. I doubt that by the end of season two we won't see an Asgard ship at Atlantis, or at least the end of season three.

Owen Macri

Proxy
June 1st, 2005, 06:09 PM
Can anyone find a worthy image of both ships?

_Owen_
June 1st, 2005, 06:18 PM
This is an ok picture of the Prometheus, I couldn't find the Daedalus. Sorry.

http://e-stargate.fbi.cz/technologi/pictures/zeme/303.jpg

Owen Macri

Proxy
June 1st, 2005, 06:52 PM
Is the Daedalus some other design compared to the Prometheus?

6thMonolith
June 1st, 2005, 08:15 PM
Here's the only picture(in a post) yet of Daedie:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4264295&postcount=67

_Owen_
June 1st, 2005, 08:41 PM
However that was an early concept model of the Daedalus from "Mobius", I hear that it looks very diffrent from that picture.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 1st, 2005, 08:44 PM
It's just an overhead picture. No telling what it'll be like in 3D.

_Owen_
June 1st, 2005, 08:46 PM
That is true, I have a feeling that it will look very diffrent...

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 1st, 2005, 08:49 PM
Ahh, the joys of waiting for S2...

_Owen_
June 1st, 2005, 08:50 PM
Lol, it could apear in season nine of SG-1 as well...

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 1st, 2005, 08:53 PM
...if they want that much of a crossover.

_Owen_
June 1st, 2005, 08:55 PM
They might show a video of it or something like that...

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 1st, 2005, 09:02 PM
In Moebius, they said that it was leaving, and in Seige, it's on it's way. I'm not sure that Atlantis would be willing to give up the ship at least 'till the Wraith are gone. But then there's no story!

immhotep
June 2nd, 2005, 03:06 AM
i think the deadlus will be in both series because i needs to be earths ship as well, i can imagine oniel saing " the daedalus will be her in 3 days, hold out til then and well have a chance against X fleet"

Stricken
June 2nd, 2005, 04:04 AM
That is true, I have a feeling that it will look very diffrent...

Owen Macri

Yes but it will have to be similar to the image cause it would make sense how they chnaged it in a short space of time.

Also in Moebius the image flashes and everything so..

immhotep
June 2nd, 2005, 05:23 AM
they can work around that by saying the moebius image was initial design before the asgard gave us the new engines, they had to change the design for us when they done it. resulting in what i hope will be a very asgard looking ship :D

Stricken
June 2nd, 2005, 06:53 AM
they can work around that by saying the moebius image was initial design before the asgard gave us the new engines, they had to change the design for us when they done it. resulting in what i hope will be a very asgard looking ship :D

No they cant because in the Moebius they said the hyperdrive was being tested and would then be ready and going to Pegasus and the The Siege Part II Colonel Everett said it would be there within a few days, Now based on the fact that the serries have run parallel or were suppose to! they wouldnt have time to change the look from Carters screen in Moebius

immhotep
June 2nd, 2005, 07:26 AM
didnt say what hyperdrive!

6thMonolith
June 2nd, 2005, 09:40 AM
Here's the transcript:
Carter: The Daedalus. It has a few advantages over the Prometheus. The more advanced alien technologies were integrated into the original design rather than tacked on after the fact.
Daniel: When’s it gonna be ready?
Carter: Well, they’re already testing the Asgard hyperdrive. As soon as that checks out, it should be good to go.
Daniel: Hopefully we all get to go this time.
Carter: Last time they were worried about spreading our resources too thin.
Daniel: Yeah – now that Anubis is gone, the Replicators are gone ...
Carter: There are still a few System Lords out there but without their Jaffa armies, they’ve lost most of their power.
Teal'c: Indeed.

Seems to me like the design is set.

Stricken
June 2nd, 2005, 10:38 AM
didnt say what hyperdrive!

Asgard i was going to say Asgard!!!!

Put that in and you have what happend/s

immhotep
June 2nd, 2005, 10:53 AM
kk i havent seen moebius in a while so sorry.......the daedaus is still going to kick ass!
( who likes the new sig!)

6thMonolith
June 2nd, 2005, 10:55 AM
Yup. I don't think it'll be destroyed.

immhotep
June 2nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
well we knwo it isnt, because its making repair for the first 3 eps after siege! that kinda rules out the destruction, unless it is destroyed later on in the season( the finale sounds likely) then its here to stay.

6thMonolith
June 2nd, 2005, 12:46 PM
I wanna see as much daedie as possible :P

immhotep
June 2nd, 2005, 01:01 PM
u must remember it not just 1 ship there building an entire fleet! which means alot more ships in the future.

6thMonolith
June 2nd, 2005, 01:52 PM
In the future. Each ship costs billions of dollars. Quite a few weeks of Shep's allowance to pay for a 304.

immhotep
June 2nd, 2005, 02:02 PM
the stargate budget which was 7billion is cut 70%, all that money is going to funneled directly in to the daedalus production line.

6thMonolith
June 2nd, 2005, 02:32 PM
Still, it'll take time to build more. It'll be at least two seasons before we have anything close to a fleet.

_Owen_
June 2nd, 2005, 03:08 PM
Eventually I believe that we might have a fleet but definetly not for a while. Maybe they will even do a spinoff on a ship, but then it would turn into Star Trek, and there would be lawsuits, and nobody wants that.

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 2nd, 2005, 03:26 PM
i think by the end of S9/S2 earth will have 10 ships, the prommie,and 9 daedalus's (6 gaurding earth and 3 in pegasus.
that should be enough for the time being.....thne by season 10 end we should have about 30 ships, 8 in pegasus,15 gaurding earth and another 5 liasing between new races and doing the whole exploration deal.
by season 15 (if i goe that far) earth will have a fleet of around 100 daedalus's, and 150 athena clas vessels ( athena is a ship i designed that will have more sophisicated design,similar to the oniel but with ancient defence technology from atlantis and PJ or similar ancient cloaks expanded for a mothership- it will be the BC-304)

all of this exclude outside ship we steal,claim,borrow,are sent to us, we recondission,buy along the way - for example i strongly think we should get a share of the reckoning leftovers, but does anyone listen! who knows that just my opinion.

_Owen_
June 2nd, 2005, 09:52 PM
I don't know if we will have that many...

The shows will definetly go at least that far.

I like the name for the next ship. The technology in it sounds cool.

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 3rd, 2005, 03:23 AM
yeah, i thought whats the next cool name we could use and thought athena - god of war and knowledge and wisdom, also a divine protector; what better name to fight wars,gain knowledge and protect earth!
the serie IMO will go to aobut 18 series but by then it will be really stretched for new ideas, still it will be at 400 odd episodes.........somewhere along the way earth will make a the SG public and colonise new worlds and become a cross between our aschen future and starwars......with a bit of startrek minus all the weird unpronounsable aliens!
atlantis will prevail over the wraith and the asgard will combine force with us to become a super race and to prevent extinction, the jaffa will become our slaves after atlantis flys back to earth and we rule over them like lower beings thanks to the technology it provides and some unscrupulous leaders( kinsey etc). well all have a big war and destroy the galaxy and well end up being destroywed in a massive space battle above earth with every ship in the galaxy up against earth ship ,asgard ships and a fully functioning atlantis and outpost......should be fun!

seriously i have no clue but i hope we reach 250 eps

the Fifth Race
June 3rd, 2005, 08:30 AM
I like the idea of using some female names to name new ships being built. I like Athena, how about Cleopatra or how about honoring Oma de Sala by naming a ship after her (not sure she would appreciate it). I also like the idea of naming a ship after Thor and the Asgard :D

I banking on SG going 13 or more seasons!. With the new cast in place and all the new storylines that it will bring. This could very well be a new beginning for SG. (lets hope so!)

immhotep
June 3rd, 2005, 08:55 AM
well i think the for now ship will be named after greek myths so cleopatras probley out, maybe gaia would be suitable for oma - the whole mother nature deal.

_Owen_
June 3rd, 2005, 02:35 PM
How about other names? From other countries, how about an Italian ship? They could name it "The Owen Macri." lol.

Owen Macri

the Fifth Race
June 4th, 2005, 04:54 AM
How about other names? From other countries, how about an Italian ship? They could name it "The Owen Macri." lol.

Owen Macri

As a fellow Italian/Scilian I'm down with naming some new ships with Italian names.

the Gladiator
the Coloseum
the Ceasar
the Alexander
now for some silly names......
the paisan
the pasta
the daygo
the Godfather :D

_Owen_
June 4th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Lol, cool. I think those would be good, and there are so many more that we could come up with.

Ciao,
Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 4th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Who knows? Someday we might have Rama's and Yggdrasil's side by side in a fleet :D

_Owen_
June 4th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Lol, its a possibilty.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 10:42 AM
atlantis will prevail over the wraith and the asgard will combine force with us to become a super race and to prevent extinction, the jaffa will become our slaves after atlantis flys back to earth and we rule over them like lower beings thanks to the technology it provides and some unscrupulous leaders( kinsey etc). well all have a big war and destroy the galaxy and well end up being destroywed in a massive space battle above earth with every ship in the galaxy up against earth ship ,asgard ships and a fully functioning atlantis and outpost......should be fun!

seriously i have no clue but i hope we reach 250 eps

So after we take controll of the Jaffa, we'll turn all humans into small, lumplike parasitical symbiotes, form a genetic memory, and wait to be overthrown in 15,000 years by another entrepreneurial race. Souds good to me!

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 10:59 AM
So after we take controll of the Jaffa, we'll turn all humans into small, lumplike parasitical symbiotes, form a genetic memory, and wait to be overthrown in 15,000 years by another entrepreneurial race. Souds good to me!
I like it!
lol.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 11:03 AM
well all have a big war and destroy the galaxy and well end up being destroywed in a massive space battle above earth with every ship in the galaxy up against earth ship ,asgard ships and a fully functioning atlantis and outpost......should be fun!

Sounds even better! We'd have Jaffa slaves, and special effects;)

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Lol, don't forget Kull Wariors and an army of Anubis' bent on universal domination. lol.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 11:08 AM
And some angry Aschen(if the blackhole really did destroy their homeworld) ;)

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 11:11 AM
I don't know I think they would be to afraid of us, besides what would they attack us with, their crop harvesters? lol.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 11:16 AM
I don't know I think they would be to afraid of us, besides what would they attack us with, their crop harvesters? lol.

Owen Macri

Crop harvesters and that nuclear-biological superweapon that was sent through the 'gate.

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Oh, ya, forgot about those...

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 11:25 AM
And, of course, all of the other weapons that they talked about. I should check a transcript.

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Yes, but we have the ancient outpost and atlantis and we have the main characters, we would never die.

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 5th, 2005, 11:31 AM
it would be fun, even as a spoof or AU episode id love it!

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 11:32 AM
You're right... Main characters never die... ;)

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Lol, maybe they could do an episode that has absolutly nothing to do with anything. Who remembers the Voyager episode when the doctor is stranded on the planet and Voyager left, and the people there thought that voyager was a warship that attacked them. At the end the doctor left in a shuttle but that had nothing to do with the rest of the series, it was just a random episode that had nothing to do with the other episodes.

Owen Macri

the Fifth Race
June 9th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Was that the episode where time went really fast for the people on the planet and thought Voyager was there to to mess up there plaent or something. I f I remember right the Dr. went down there and ended living a full life in a matter of Voyager minutes. If I remember right he had a family on the planet?..or maybe I'm confusing it with another ST episode>

_Owen_
June 9th, 2005, 01:07 PM
No, that was another episode, allthough it was a good one as well. You are right on that planet time moved faster than in the rest of the universe, and Voyager became trapped in the magnetic field of the planet, I believe it was, anyways they became a pretty much religous figure in the planets culture, however their presense was causing huge tremors on the planet. At first they were seen as sort of gods, but then they became I guess you could say dispised and the peoples of the planet wanted to destroy them, they blamed the siesmic tremors on them. Yes the Doctor had a family on the planet.

However the episode that I was refering to was when the doctor was activated on a planet that had a museum about Voyager and Voyager was seen as a warship and the story was that a long time ago there was a war on the planet and Voyager came in and interfeered, they were cruel and killed people for no reason and stuff like that, but then the doctors emergency storage device for his matrix was found by a man who worked at the museum and he turned it on, the doctor helped to set things strait, it was basically an episode that was "out of time" this epsiode had nothing to do with the previous or following episodes, it was basically like an alternate reality. I will try to find the episode name.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 12th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Blink of an Eye ( http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/episodes/VOY/detail/110468.html )

It's a stand-alone episode. A pretty good one :D

_Owen_
June 12th, 2005, 06:36 PM
That is it! Thank you 6thMonolith, I couldn't remember.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 12th, 2005, 07:22 PM
I was never really into Voyager, and now I try to catch it whenever I can on reruns. In the meantime, I just read summaries :D

Anyhow, back on topic, I'm going to check what weapons the Aschen had now.

<edit>
Here we go, I found a transcript.

Jack: Just, out of curiosity, what kind of defense technologies are we talking about? Space guns? Force fields? Motherships?

Mellon: This is an example of a bioweapon. We can make available to you. A living, radioactive, genetic material that may be designed to attack only the specific DNA of your enemy. We have a number of efficient delivery systems.

_Owen_
June 12th, 2005, 08:53 PM
The Aschen bio-weapon has great potential, to be able to wipe a single species off the face of a planet is an incredibly powerful capability.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 13th, 2005, 09:56 AM
You're right, Owen. Didn't they distroy the entire 'Goa'uld threat' in 2010?

immhotep
June 13th, 2005, 10:53 AM
The weapon would be the best type of WMD ever created, we could get rid of just mature symbiotes of the goauld, keeping tokra and jaffa safe, we could wipe out the wraith, and any other enemy we wanted but with no unessicary casulties or structural damage, meaning all the goauld fleet etc would be intact.

_Owen_
June 13th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I think the weapon would also attak the laval symbiotes, thier DNA would be similar to the mature symbiotes. Assuming you are going to use the basic DNA and not every individuals' DNA.

I can't exactly remember if they destroyed the Goa'uld but it sounds likley. I vaguley remember something about that.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 13th, 2005, 01:32 PM
The Gateworld summary says:

President Kinsey addresses the crowd via a large-screen monitor, thanking the former members of SG-1 for their service -- and patting himself on the back for forging the Aschen alliance, which has saved Earth from the Goa'uld.

We could probably check a transcript for exact details.

_Owen_
June 13th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Lol, either way, they were able to get rid of the Goa'uld. So the weapons are obvioudly powerful.

Owen Macri

Killjoy_Zero
June 13th, 2005, 05:59 PM
And I qoute Colonel Carter on this "The Daedalus, its has a few advantages over the Prometheus. The more advanced alien technologies were intergrated into the original design instead of tacked on after the fact." All in all, theyre the same thing except the Daedalus has the alien stuff from the start instead of added on.

_Owen_
June 13th, 2005, 06:11 PM
I would have to disagree, they have a diffrent hull design and Carter says a few advantages. The prometheus was a prototype, the Deadalus is a second generation ship, there will be many improvments upon it, however subtle they may seem.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 14th, 2005, 01:24 PM
The Daedalus will have a few more advantages, but I think the real improvement will be with Asgard tech actually built in, instead of slapped on. They'll be able to use the tech much closer to it's potential, especially the engines. It seems that the Daedie will be able to ferry people to and from Atlantis, much faster than the Prommie.

Unamed
June 14th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Ok a bit of an off topic question but what episode do we first see the prometheus? Or when do we first hear about it???

6thMonolith
June 14th, 2005, 02:04 PM
I'm guessing in the episode Promethius. Season five? Time to check the omnipedia ;)

EDIT: Season six. I was close...
http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s6/611.shtml

_Owen_
June 14th, 2005, 04:41 PM
I agree, I have a feeling it will be good. It is so advanced they even need an Asgard to help them use it to its' full potential!

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 14th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I wonder what it'll be like with an Asgard in Atlantis...

_Owen_
June 14th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I think it will be cool, he can help with devising plans to kill the Wraith and exposing new cool technologies and areas of the city!

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 14th, 2005, 04:47 PM
I'm fine will it, as long as he/she wont have to check their every move with some council.

_Owen_
June 14th, 2005, 04:48 PM
I am sure that they won't they probably take orders from the Daedalus/Atlantis commander.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 14th, 2005, 04:50 PM
I'm not so sure. They still think us to be primitive, right?

_Owen_
June 14th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Not so much anymore, they owe us, so they seem to just give us whatever we want now.

Owen Macri

June 14th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Even though they may still consider us to be "primitive" there DOES seem to be a certain amount of respect for us and what we've accomplished as well. Also he is going to be a crew member of the ship, not of Atlantis. So though we may seem Hermiod in Atlantis a little, he will almost certainly be staying aboard the ship and taking orders from the ship's commander like any other crew member.

_Owen_
June 14th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Yes, I agree, however there may be a situation where he may need to take orders from Weir.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 14th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Well, Weir is a civilian, and now that there are ranking military officers in Atlantis...

_Owen_
June 14th, 2005, 08:21 PM
I think she will beat them up and take command, lol.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 14th, 2005, 08:23 PM
That would explain why you can hear someone say "I want my ship back!" in the S2 preview. :D

_Owen_
June 14th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Lol, I want to see the previews, but I live in Canada and no one that I know of is showing them, do you know where I can find them on the internet?

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 14th, 2005, 08:28 PM
The scifi sites have the previews, ( http://scifi.com/stargate http://scifi.com/atlantis ) but I can't get them to work. A google search might help some.

_Owen_
June 14th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Thank you, I will try them.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 14th, 2005, 08:36 PM
check out
http://www.sfgatescape.com/ and http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/

for the previews

_Owen_
June 14th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks!

Owen Macri

June 14th, 2005, 08:40 PM
pegasusgalaxy.com has them. That's where I'd go.

_Owen_
June 14th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Thank you, lol, I have seen a couple now, they look cool, I just want one of the chanels in my area (prefferably Space) to buy them, I have to wait even longer than you guys!

Owen Macri

theStormWeaver
June 15th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Personally, i thought that the Prometheus looked alot like the Beliskner (which was bigger than three Hetaks!!). Of course, Carter did say that it was based on a crashed Asgard ship that was found in the seventies. I think that its most likely the Dead. will look like some of the newer Asgard ships but with a human touch added.

I would also like to see it have some kind of energy weapon. Deffinitely somewhere around 12-16 F-302s. But I would like to see it take a very different shape, just for a change of pace. It would be pretty sweet if a passing ship would see the Dead. (or another Dead. class ship) and immediately recognize it as a Tauri ship. We need our own, very unique, ship design to solidify our place in the galaxy.

_Owen_
June 15th, 2005, 12:51 PM
I think we should come up with a new version of the X-302, they could come with the Daedalus.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 15th, 2005, 12:57 PM
What if we stole some Wraith Darts? They'd be cheaper... ;)

immhotep
June 15th, 2005, 01:59 PM
I think we should come up with a new version of the X-302, they could come with the Daedalus.

Owen Macri
my god ure a mind reader, ive just coem up with a new design for an F-303. ill post it tomorrow.

_Owen_
June 15th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Sweet, I want to see that, can you PM and e-mail it to me as well?

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 15th, 2005, 03:04 PM
The F-303:

The F-303 is a considerabel upgrade on the F302, firstly it relies on a new kind of propulsion making it much faster and longer lasting than the old engines, the power requiraments for these engines are also less than the old chemical engine.
Experts from hebridan succesfully shrank the Ion Drives with help form colonel carter and engineers at area 51 to fit the small F-303, and are considerable less power comsuming, faster, and more reliable ( no cutting out after xft, its able to fly in space and atmophere twith these).

Since the F-302 the hyperdrive technolgy has been refined with help from the asgard and other races can now travel between star systems, but is not a patch on the BC-303's engines, it also takes longer than the athena vessels, and the distance is limited because of life support only lasting 8 days, to get to the hebriden world in an F-303 would not be possible, it would take over 3 weeks. But for the moment we as a race should be contented that every ship in our fleet in now capable of intersteller travel, something that even the goauld did not acomplish.

The F-303 is equiped with a modified goauld shield retroengineered from a teltak(cargo) ship and reduced using naqadria to provide power, making it small enough and powerfull enough to be worthwhile in combat, it can handle many glider attacks for nearly 10 minutes continuously, which is outstanding for such a basic shield in such a primitive ship.
The F-303 is also fitted with advanced rail cannons, slightly more powerfull than the EMRG-1000, along with auto fire standard EMRG-1000 underturret(the EMRG is an electro magnetic rail gun weapon i had also designed but for another purpose) weapon standard to SG teams, able to take out squadrons of gliders instantly and alkesh after a few fly bys, the weapons are changing the balence of power, the speed and power is difficult for the goauld or their ships to combat.

because of the upgrades in both engines weapons, power and the introduction of a shield, the F-303 is slightly larger than the F-302, about the 1/3 larger, but the increase in size is worth the potential prowess this ship has in combat.

Overall the F-303 is a great ship and each BC carries up to 8 of them and due to the F-303 FTL capabilities the hull structure can withstand hyperspace therefore allowing for squadrons to be towed through hyperspace using the larger engines of the BC's. This fighter is a whole new breed of weapon for our enemys to combat and will be used to its full potential.

there earths new intersteller fighter.

_Owen_
June 15th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Sounds really cool, but I don't know about F 303 for the name. We already have a 303, The Prometheus. How about 304 or even a completly diffrent name?

Thanks for the PM!

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 15th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Is the Daedie a '303 or '304? We know it's an upgrade from the Prommie, but is it a whole new class?

_Owen_
June 15th, 2005, 07:08 PM
It doesn't have a number, it is just Daedalus. The X-??? were just designations for the experimental ships, X-301, X-302, X-303, they renamed the Prometheus after it was completed, they used the name of the cover for the project, Prometheus. I think they should have called it The Enterprise, or The Owen Macri, either one would be good, lol.

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 15th, 2005, 11:58 PM
The F-303 is the name for fighter 303, because its our third fighter, plus there F and BC/X are different. One is fighter (F) and the other is battle crusier (BC).
Also it is the daedalus class, not the promethius in origin sopilers or rising cant remember which, it state more daedalus class vessel should be built, meaning they are know as daedalus's and the prothethius is the standalone.

_Owen_
June 16th, 2005, 03:23 PM
That is a good point, however having an X-303 and and F-303 might be confusing to some people, especially Jack, that might make a good scene in an episode...

I think they should give the new smaller vessels a name for thier class instead of a number, allthough you could have a number too, like, X-303 Prometheus. Even though Prometheus is not a class. Like Voyager is the name, and Intrepid is the class.

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 16th, 2005, 11:51 PM
well in real life each ship would be called by its name and F-303' would be know as ' our fleet of f-303's' or colllectively known as 'the fleet'.
I dont think we need any other types of vessel yet, we dont bomb planets, we dont drop of thousands of troups, we dont have the knowledge to research stuff that detailed, we can just use the normal vessels.

_Owen_
June 16th, 2005, 11:54 PM
That is logical, I guess I could go for that.

Owen Macri

Jarnin
June 17th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Is the Daedie a '303 or '304? We know it's an upgrade from the Prommie, but is it a whole new class?
Considering that they called Deadalus the sistership of Prometheus, it technically should be a BC-303.
However, the numbers following the class letter seems to be more about the projects, and not what type of craft it is.

What we know so far is:

X-301: Seen in the episode Tangent, this project was canceled due to the original Goa'uld technology still being in control of the ship.

X-302: First seen in Fallen, this is the project which was eventually known as the F-302, and is now in service.

X-303: First seen in Prometheus, this ship was eventually known as the BC-303, and is now in service.

Daedalus could be a continuation of the 303 project, or it could be a totally new design, which may be considered the X-304. The truth is, we don't know yet.

immhotep
June 17th, 2005, 03:24 AM
well the F-303 while in production would be an X-304, but would be an f-303 when it goes in to production.
X = eXperiemtnal
Bc = battle cruiser
F= fighter

so it would be x -303 thne in to the Bc 303 line of daedlaus/promethius vessels.
and x-304 thne in to F-303.

Stricken
June 17th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Prometheus was experimental then they decide it needed to be upgrade to "BC"

immhotep
June 17th, 2005, 08:31 AM
i just said that????

6thMonolith
June 17th, 2005, 10:40 AM
So, not only do we get the Daedalus, we get the Battle Cruiser Daedalus? Sounds good to me. ;)

the Fifth Race
June 17th, 2005, 11:05 AM
I'm curious to see what the inside of Daedelus look's like, and how much bigger (on the outside) it is compared, to the Prometheus.

immhotep
June 17th, 2005, 11:35 AM
we got it !!! we got a daedalus inmage and plan!!!!! man this is great:
http://www.stargate-project.de/stargate/popup.php?link=../atlantis/images/episodenguide/staffel2/202_14.jpg

i cant post it cos they dont let you! its so good though, its going to be an oniel class type vessel just from the nose you can tell. Also from another image it has asgard computers and proper sensors/beamers! man i cant wait now.

Lt. Elliot
June 17th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Oh wow. I am like drooling now after seeing this. Oh man, I am so glad July 15th isn't that long from now!! :D :D

_Owen_
June 17th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Lol, that picture looks good, I think the Daedalus will be a very powerful ship.

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 17th, 2005, 02:37 PM
i think the wraith are gunna have one heck of a fight on their hands thats for sure, imagine if we had a fleet of them, backed up by oniel class asgard ships! then we could do soem real damage, i mena its only 60 ships, Sg-1 have blown up more than that im sure in 8 yrs by using C4/a sun/other means! LETS JUST 'BORROW' THE ASGARD FLEET FOR A WHILE! would they really miss it !

_Owen_
June 17th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Lol, the replicators are gone, what do they need them for?

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 17th, 2005, 02:50 PM
exactly, lend them a couple of hataks for transport etc - im sure they can adapt them easy enough, while we go kick wraith butt with the big guns! and then atlantis will be safe and they can study thier 'cloning problem' all they want!

_Owen_
June 17th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Lol, the cloning problem is nothing, istead of copying the body just make a new one, perhaps as the Asgard original form with the same genetic information, then they would have a chance at a fresh start, and might even be able to reproduce.

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 17th, 2005, 03:07 PM
why dont they just synthesise ancient DNA ( if they cna do that or collect it from i dont know an ancinet tissue sample they gathered once) and create an ancient body, then download their minds in to that......we know ancients can handle the repository, and that is infinite, the asgard mind is not infite therefore and ancinet 'host' would be suitable and they could reproduce.

_Owen_
June 17th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Yes, an Ancient body would be a very good choice, I am sure the specifications are on file in Atlantis.

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 17th, 2005, 03:18 PM
now what would we require in return for saving their entire race twice in 6months, h yeah a fleet of oniel warships hellbent on destroying the wraith. :)

_Owen_
June 17th, 2005, 03:20 PM
We would get complete acess to all Asgard information and technology and we would work fully along side them.

That would be so cool!

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 17th, 2005, 03:26 PM
openness good, we exploiting their desperation......better!

_Owen_
June 17th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Lol, yes, openness would be incredibly fun! We could have anything that we want!

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 17th, 2005, 04:41 PM
...Except for those neato self-replicating toys. I wonder why they wouldn't let us have any... :rolleyes:

_Owen_
June 17th, 2005, 04:43 PM
:confused: what neato self replicating toys?

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 17th, 2005, 04:48 PM
These guys
http://stargatecaps.com/sg1/s4/401/html/496.html

Arent they cute? :P

_Owen_
June 17th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Lol, I wouldn't want replicators. Replicators are far to dangerous, that is why I am so strongly against the artificial creationg of sentient life in mechanical form. They would be more powerful than us and to great a threat.

Owen Macri

the Fifth Race
June 18th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Lol, I wouldn't want replicators. Replicators are far to dangerous, that is why I am so strongly against the artificial creationg of sentient life in mechanical form. They would be more powerful than us and to great a threat.

Owen Macri

Anything that creates something (artificial or otherwise) who's sole purpose is to destroy, kill, conquer...etc...anyone should be treated as an entity that should be destroyed, whether censioned or not. Sg got it right when they wiped out the replicators, even though they were considered censioned.