X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kalliope
    You're kidding, right? Everybody knows who Claudia Black is

http://fp.culttv.plus.com/claudiablack/website.htm
    erm...ok......but who does she play/what does she do?

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
      One thing I noticed while watching the ep again:

Spoiler:
      Vala says "Get over it" to Daniel when he's upset about not going to Atlantis. Vala has never heard of the Tau'ri or Earth, yet that phrase is Earth slang. The writers need to be careful about "aliens" using it. It doesn't ring true.

Lisa Michelle
      There's an explanation for it, I think. Vala has never heard of the Tau'ri or Earth at the time of PU.
      Spoiler:
      there were two SG soldiers with her who brought her to SGC. It's probably that she might hear that phrase from one of them.

Comment

she was also a host to a goa'uld - meaning she would of known about the tauri plus she has met the tok'ra maybe she heard about it from them - she might of saw jacob.
        i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
          One thing I noticed while watching the ep again:

Spoiler:
          Vala says "Get over it" to Daniel when he's upset about not going to Atlantis. Vala has never heard of the Tau'ri or Earth, yet that phrase is Earth slang. The writers need to be careful about "aliens" using it. It doesn't ring true.
          Somebody pointed out something similar last season, in the episode 'Sacrifices,' when
          Spoiler:
          one of the Jaffa holding Ishta warned Teal'c that Ishta was weak and that "zatting us both, even once, will kill her." The short form "zat," even as a noun, is a Tau'ri thing - an O'Neill-ism, in its origin; for a Jaffa to use it, particularly as a verb, was really jarring.

Vala is a more, um, "informal" character than, say, Thor or Teal'c or Selmac or your average Goa'uld, and is more likely to slip into the vernacular from time to time. As long as she sticks to things like
          Spoiler:
          "get over it," and nothing so culturally specific as "don't have a cow, man" or "talk to the hand,"
          I can cope.

Having said that, what did throw me out of the plot for a second was when she
          Spoiler:
          picked up the lamp to shine the bright light on Landry's face when she asked if he'd come to torture her. It made me think she's seen too many of the same "bare bulb over the table" interrogation scenes in the same old Hollywood movies that I have.
          We're probably going to have to learn to shrug these things off.

Tucker

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
            Still, here's a little something to water your mouth.

A.
            wow!!! thank you.

Michael Shanks and Claudia brain are same!!! LOL. im sure they had fun toghter! cool, very cool!!! more Vala pls, even MS ask for more

Comment

Well... we have to talk one of the directors into putting her in the singer's role on the screen
              I agree

Comment

Hi Egraine! More people, more people!!

Googling the news a bit. Not that impressed with this outing.
                http://theedge.bostonherald.com/tvNe...rticleid=93870

Well, yes. But nevertheless, nooooooooooooo.

A.
                we know all of that

Comment

Originally posted by Heru'urs_first_prime
                  erm...ok......but who does she play/what does she do?

wellcome
                  maybe this will help http://imdb.com/name/nm0085227/

Comment

TV Zone Special #64 has arrived earlier today!!!

Comment

Well... we have to talk one of the directors into putting her in the singer's role on the screen
                      Well, I can easily imagine Vala dragging the guys into a karaoke bar and forcing them to sing some lovely 80s love songs.

But seriously, I'd like to see or better hear her in some movie, but that's always treading very dangerous grounds.
                      The only one I liked lately was 'Moulin Rouge'. Hats off to Nicole Kidman. Whatever you might think of her she did a phenomenal job dancing (in high heels, no less) and singing. And Ewan McGregor wasn't bad either.

A.
                      VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

TV Zone Special #64 has arrived earlier today!!!

Comment

Well, I can easily imagine Vala dragging the guys into a karaoke bar and forcing them to sing some lovely 80s love songs.

But seriously, I'd like to see or better hear her in some movie, but that's always treading very dangerous grounds.
                          The only one I liked lately was 'Moulin Rouge'. Hats off to Nicole Kidman. Whatever you might think of her she did a phenomenal job dancing (in high heels, no less) and singing. And Ewan McGregor wasn't bad either.

A.
                          Agree, I liked "Moulin Rouge" very much, too. BTW, Rygel... erm... Jonathan Hardy is in it, too, Man in the Moon. When I met Jonathan 2 years ago during Collectormania in UK he signed this photo of him from "MR" for me

Comment

Agree, I liked "Moulin Rouge" very much, too. BTW, Rygel... erm... Jonathan Hardy is in it, too, Man in the Moon. When I met Jonathan 2 years ago during Collectormania in UK he signed this photo of him from "MR" for me
                            Yes, now that you mention it I think I can remember his face.

Rygel would make a great 'Green Fairy', though. But I fear the absinthe would result in a very hazardous throne sled manoeuvering.

A.
                            VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Comment

after the dress in episode one, i think this is OK

Comment

Working...
                                X