Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by valaeryn
    That's good to know
    I agree with you that changes are hard on most ppl and we shouldn't expect Stargate fans to just embrace them immidiatly. I remember how I reacted when they replaced David Duchovny with Robert Patrick on The X-Files. It just wasn't "it" since then, although I admire RP as an actor (even more than DD actually, but DD was after all Mulder...)
    That said, the point that was raised here is different, IMO. As someone who is new to Stargate I have the same criticism as the ones that said it above me; the show IMO lacks an personal "touch" therefore somewhat lacks of emotion. I tend to blame the directors, because the stories are great most of the times and the actors are great as well (my fav are MS and AT), as far as I could see. The problem, IMO, is that they are not given the chance to show their talent. It seems that they are restricted to the scripts and there isn't much room for manuvering or anything else...(of course I don't know nothing I am just guessing here ).
    But all in all I enjoy watching Stargate, it's just that FOR ME, it doesn't go far enough in developing the charcters inner-personality. I want to see them as human beings, not just how they react or operate as millitary ppl.
    As for being given the chance to show their talent... I think they're given this chance NOW I don't remember whether it was con report (Vancouver) or an interview, but Michael Shanks said that both Claudia and Ben actually forced him and Chris Judge to do their best and they were extremely happy about it. Plus, if you go and read "Ask Joe Mallozzi" thread, he said yesterday or the day before that Ben instead of going home early helps other actors Plus, there are Beau Bridges and Lou Gossett Jr. here, both multiple Emmy winners and Lou is an Oscar winner, too. So artistically they all are chalenged and that's very good. Joe also said that in his opinion Season 9 is going to be the best one

Comment

Yeah, their's is almost as any other job. Even I, with my boring job I have to have some chanllanges every once in a while..or else I'll go crazy. I try to find those but it's not easy...

Comment

Originally posted by valaeryn
        Yeah, their's is almost as any other job. Even I, with my boring job I have to have some chanllanges every once in a while..or else I'll go crazy. I try to find those but it's not easy...
        Adddddddddddddddddddddd

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperAhoy
          I have to say that it rankles a bit for people to come on to a STARGATE forum which is dedicated to Stargate and to read about people talking down on "Gaters".

First of all, I would like to point out that there are quite a few of us here who are fans of both Stargate AND Farscape.
          I realize this comment was not necessarily directed at me, but just let me clarify that i AM a fan of both shows. And the only reason I addressed fan complaints on this particular thread is because the complaints on the clothes issue (Vala and Dr. Lam in particular) are so loud and prolific on the board as of late. It annoys me. (Although, I realize people are entitled to their opinions. That happens to be mine. It annoys me.) Especially when we've seen next to nothing of the episodes themselves so we don't know how anything (clothes included) will tie in with anything else. People (of all fandoms, it seems) make a lot of premature snap judgements about things based on the smallest scraps of evidence and I find that irksome.

I realize this is a Stargate forum and I get just as annoyed when people call Sam a little weakling 'cause she gets emotional sometimes. Or when they diss 'Grace' saying Sam was acting out of character or that the show was too mushy and smacked of 'soap opera'. (good grief) IMO, episodes that examine the emotional core of a character are necessary to a show's longevity. It can't always be diagnose the problem, run in and blow things up, save the day (again), cut to credits. That gets old.

Anyway, this is now entirely off topic. I sincerly apologize. End rant.

~cp

Comment

Originally posted by the_cadpig
            when people call Sam a little weakling 'cause she gets emotional sometimes. Or when they diss 'Grace' saying Sam was acting out of character or that the show was too mushy and smacked of 'soap opera'. (good grief) IMO, episodes that examine the emotional core of a character are necessary to a show's longevity. It can't always be diagnose the problem, run in and blow things up, save the day (again), cut to credits. That gets old.

Anyway, this is now entirely off topic. I sincerly apologize. End rant.

~cp
            I agree. It's just make Sam more human, what's wrong with that. even the most intransigent man has a feeling, that's who we are and thank god for that.

On topic - Claudi

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
              Joe also said that in his opinion Season 9 is going to be the best one
              dont you think it's weird he never answer about any Claudia Q?

Comment

Another actor Christopher Judge is enjoying having on the show in seaosn nine is Claudia Black, who wil be reprising her role as Vala for at least six episodes of the upcoming season. The character of Vala was introduced in the episodePrometheus Unbound, and Judge has nothing but high praise for Black and her working chemistry with Michael Shanks' Daniel Jackson.

"It's whacky," he says with a laugh, eyes twinkling. "The working relationship between Claudia and Michael provides this great, almost comedic undertone, and I thinkthat is what has been teh success of the show, the humor of it and the relationships between the characters. This thing between Daniel and Vala is a relationship we have never really seen before on Stargate: SG-1 and its a hoot!"
                and a pic http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/...4317032/940672

all from http://forums.scaperoute.com/kansas/...1119823438#new or http://www.livejournal.com/users/sil...fall/5728.html

Comment

Nice Pics!

Comment

Thanks for the link, I can hardly wait to lay my hands on the copy of this issue of Stargate mag, but it won't appear in Warsaw's bookstores earlier than mid-July or so...
                    BTW, guess what I've got today... that's right... Starburst Edition vol. 4. I've just listened to Claudia and Ben's TWWW commentary and started to watch "Farscape in The Raw - scenes from never-before released director's cuts of every episode in this collection!". ADV and Henson company did really, really great job with Starburst Edition, they had done nearly archeological job, dugging from the archives all these gems. Starburst Edition is DEFINITELY a MUST HAVE for every Scaper all around the world!

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                      I agree. It's just make Sam more human, what's wrong with that.
                      Too complicated? Too psychological? You have to use your brain for a while... not everybody likes it

Comment

I agree. It's just make Sam more human, what's wrong with that. even the most intransigent man has a feeling, that's who we are and thank god for that.
                        Funnily enough I think the character that had the most emotional development continually over a season was a man, Jack O'Neill. The death of his son and the personal emotional consequences were rarely directly addressed in eps, but it definitely played a continous role in S1 and S2.
                        Later of course he turned into Mr. 'Me not speak tech. Will make quip instead.'

Heroes(Part_2) Fraiser gone. i couldnt stop crying
                        I didn't know that was coming. After I saw it I was gutted.
                        They killed Frasier !?! They can't, I really liked her. And to think that it happened because they wanted something unexpected and devasting to occur (derfinitely succeeded there) and not because the actress wanted to leave.

Too complicated? Too psychological? You have to use your brain for a while... not everybody likes it
                        You got a place to hide for the next couple of days ?

A.
                        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Screencaps from those two moments between Aeryn + Crais aboard Talyn in DMD.

A.

Comment

A.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                              You got a place to hide for the next couple of days ?
                              A.
                              Yup, Tormented Space

Comment

Joe Mallozzi is on-line now, I'm trying to grill him a little bit on Claudia or more Claudia/Ben scenes later in the season or later... let's hope he's gonna answer at least one of my Q

Comment

Working...
                                X