This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Physics

What would happen if you went through a stargate backwords. There is obviosly a defined way to go through because theres the whole shooting bit it does when it establishes a wormhole. So any theorys?

Daniel: The Others would have stopped you.
    Jack: They'd have a hell of a fight on their hands...
    Daniel: You wouldn't do that...
    Jack: Ba'al would be dead...
    Daniel: Jack...
    Jack: ...And don't think I'd stop there!
    Daniel: You're a better man than that...
    Jack: That's where you're wrong!

that is not tru because in lots of episodes jack steps through the gate backwards especialy when his pissin off the jaffa
    "only two things are infinate the universe and human stupidity and im not sure about the universe"

-albert einstein

Comment

No not backwards for the way hes facing, i mean going trhough the gate from behind it

Daniel: The Others would have stopped you.
      Jack: They'd have a hell of a fight on their hands...
      Daniel: You wouldn't do that...
      Jack: Ba'al would be dead...
      Daniel: Jack...
      Jack: ...And don't think I'd stop there!
      Daniel: You're a better man than that...
      Jack: That's where you're wrong!

Comment

That would really depend on exactly how the ancients created the event horizon, there are really only two possibilities.

1. The event horizon does not even recognize someone walking through that side of the stargate, and you would simply pass directly through and be on the correct side of the gate, (the one that you do go through).

2. And then there is the second more plausible possibility. The event horizon works both ways, so if you walk through the back end you will be dematerialized. Now there are two other sub-possibilities.

a) The information of your matter that is ussualy read an sent through the gate when you go through along with the energy converted from the mass of your body is not recorded at all and your energy is released into the Stargate itself being a giant superconductor. This is the most plausible explination.

b) this was the second sub possibility but I have just disproved it. You would not be transported to whichever planet the recieving gate is on because, normally when you walk through the event horizon your matter is converted into energy, and your energy is directly put into the wormhole that transports your energy to the recieving gate. However because you are going through the gate from the opposite side, it is EXTREMLY likely that you will be converted into energy and then released out the correct side of the event horizon, but not as yourself as energy, you would cease to exist.

However having energy pushed out the good side of the event horizon could be dangerous to other people and possibly equipment that is near by, it would also be a waste of energy, so I beleive that your energy would infact be released in the Stargate itself, which would contribute to powering the wormhole.

I think that I have covered every scenario, If you have any questions, just post them and I will be happy to answer.

I would also like to thank you LiquidAK for starting this thread, It is a very interesting aspect of the Stargate, it gave me something to type about, that was intriguing.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidAK
          What would happen if you went through a stargate backwords. There is obviosly a defined way to go through because theres the whole shooting bit it does when it establishes a wormhole. So any theorys?
          There is another thread discussing this exact same topic on this section of the board, on page 1. You can find it here.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

That thread has sort of become, what would happen if you go through an incoming wormhole.

Owen Macri

Comment

But it still is almost exactly the same thread
              JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
              VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
              MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
              LANDRY
              : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
              Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
              Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
              Mmm... Green...

Comment

Ya, you've got me there.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                X