This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handheld Technology

One of the biggist problems I have so far with atlantis is lack of handheld tech. No ancient flashlights or better yet weapons. Surly they had to leave something laying around beside there bigger technology. Maybe we will get lucky and find the weapon lockers. (its a big city.)

Second, why didn't the atlantis team bring more milky way tech with them. A staff weapon or a zat (standerd weapon for sgc personal) might have more effect on a wraith. And if not its worth a try.

The peice of tech I am most interested in is the ancients version of a GDO. We have seen the asgard and others activte the gate without a DHD. Even cassandra had a handheld DHD in the future (either of gho'uld design which she can proably use because of naquada in her blood or as a hok'taur she has the ancient gene.) Could an ancient handheld DHD be used to deactivte the shield. Point is surley the ancients have something like this. Possably even desined to work only for the owner.
    Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Ok firstly the copywright means anything in SG-1 that wasn't in the movie is not allowed, at least thats what everyone keeps telling me.

And as for the handheld teck, as Daniel says
    "This is the race that built the stargate"
    blank look from jack
    "They did everything big."
    GODS LAST MESSAGE TO HIS CREATION IS...
    Spoiler:
    WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

THE ANSWER TO LIFE THE THE UNIVERSE ANDEVERYTHING IS
    Spoiler:

Comment

Realisticly there should be ancient handheld technology all over the place, The reason for less milky way technology is because of copyrights and they wanted to keep the show as far away from SG-1 as possible, however just because there are copyrights in place doesn't mean that we won't see any more technology from Earth, it just takes some legal working to get them to transceed the barrier between shows.

As for the ancient version of a GDO, i'm not so sure that that was a GDO, or that it was ancient, if it was ancient we probably should have found one by now, but we havn't. I believe that it could have just been created by another race, maybe humans will create it in the future, but these are just guesess, yours are as good as mine.

Owen Macri

Comment

with regards to the handheld weapons if you walk round your average city here in the uk you would really struggle to find masses of hand held weapons it would take a long while and some friends to point you in the right direction.

but i do agree with you looking at the personal shield seen in SGA id have thought the ancients would have medical checkers like the tollan or at least a remote to operate the cool computer displays
        the very young do not always do as they are told...

you blow up one star and suddenly everyone expects you to be able to walk on water... next parting the red sea

Comment

They probably put them away in storage when they left, we will find something eventualy.

Owen Macri

Comment

And don't forget, Atlantis isn't just a city, it is a millitary outpost, reaserch base, SHIP, I don't know anyone that wouldn't have weapons in a millitary outpost.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllowedToNameAnything.Ever.
              One of the biggist problems I have so far with atlantis is lack of handheld tech. No ancient flashlights or better yet weapons. Surly they had to leave something laying around beside there bigger technology. Maybe we will get lucky and find the weapon lockers. (its a big city.)
              Actually, I would be very, very surprised if SG-A finds very much in the way of handheld devices.

The Ancients evacuated the city/galaxy in a timely, orderly fashion. It makes sense that they would have brought all the portable stuff with them.

Isn't that what you do when you move?
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

That is a good point, however the ancients wern't technically "moving." As said by the old ancient guy in "Before I sleep," "They were going back to Earth to live out the remainder of their lives."

This makes it sound like they are going hide among the population of Earth, if they were doing this a ton of really advanced technology would be a bit of a give-a-way that they wern't from around there.

Also it did not look like anyone was taking anyhting such as a handheld device, and there didn't apear to be any boxes of handeheld devices in the gate room. I think that they pretty much left everything on Atlantis.

Owen Macri

Comment

If your going to have a weapons locker shouldn't there be one in command incase someone made it through the gate?

Heck if they left the puddle jumpers I am sure they left something laying around.
                  Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

The ancients didn't expect that people would get past the shield, as far as we know, they were right.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                    X