Vampires :General Discussion/Favorites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vampires :General Discussion/Favorites

who's your favorite vampire? and discuss vampires and their legend in general.

my favorite vampire will always be Dracula. but i also like Spike from BTVS .
    Save us from danger, save us from evil
    Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

One of my all-time fave vamps is Strahd from the AD&D Ravenloft series of books.

He's the same sort of tragic character like Dracula and has an equally interesting storyline. The modules were fun to play and the books were fun to read.

AD&D geek
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

i've never read those, but they look really interesting. thanks for the recommendation

Comment

Nick & Lacquoir (forever knight)
        Dracula ( of course)
        Vampires of any sort from any film. I love vampire films as long as there not to cheesy!!!!
        SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Dracula(duh)
          Lestat(Sp?) from interview with a vampire
          Spike/Drusilla/Harmony/Angel/Darla/Vamp Willow/Harth(buffy the vampire slay/Angel and Frey..So basicly any vamp from the buffyverse)
          Dekan Frost(blade)

Comment

all the buffy/angel vamps were cool

Comment

The Vampires from Charmed... Very funny vampires...
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

well if you throw fray into the mix..not all buffyverse vamps are great

oh and i forgot to add ''the master'' i love over the top vamps like him

Comment

Dracula...

Also, Angel. He was very well played, both as the "vampire with a soul" and as Angelus, one of the most evil vampires ever.
                  I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Even though i love Angel to bits i find his relationship with Buffy disturbing(i mean he stalked her when she 1st became a slayer at age15 )

Comment

Originally posted by jack and sam 4eva 2getha
                      i've never read those, but they look really interesting. thanks for the recommendation
                      At the time I stopped reading the Ravenloft books, Strahd had been featured in 2 or 3 books. The Ravenloft books take place in the various realms of the Ravenloft plane (and if you've not played AD&D that will mean nothing to you) and while they're not quite horror, they certainly inspire despair as much as hope for the characters.
                      Thanks!
                      Jordan

my page
                      My LJ

Comment

The fanged four from Buffy and Angel are my absolute favorite vampires of all time...

I also like Nick, Janette, and LeCroix from Forever Knight.
                        Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Vampire related, but not specifically 1 vampire...

There's 3 books by Nancy Baker...

The Night Inside
                          A Terrible Beauty
                          Blood and Chrystanthimums.

all very good. portraying the vamps in a more balanced light.

fine vampire reading by a fellow canadian. go...to the bookstores now!!

Also, there's a series of books I've been trying to remember since I read this post. A human PI that stumbles into the supernatural world of Vamps and Were-creatures and the like. The vampire helps her out periodically and occasionally goes to her for help. Set in and around Toronto.

gar....memory...failing....old...age...never...able....to....remember....the...g inko....biloba....
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
                            Even though i love Angel to bits i find his relationship with Buffy disturbing(i mean he stalked her when she 1st became a slayer at age15 )
                            You know what... I totally completely agree with that statement!
                            Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
                              You know what... I totally completely agree with that statement!
                              oh come on...there's nothing like some healthy undead stalking and pedophelia...

i was surprised they continued that story line or that there wasn't a big hubbub about it....as you say, taken in the most literal view of their ages and his nature...not healthy...
                              Thanks!
                              Jordan

my page
                              My LJ

Comment

Working...
                              X