PDA

View Full Version : Let Hammond be Sassy!

col_oatmeal
April 17th, 2005, 03:40 PM
How come Hammond never got to play any really fun scenes? He went from rather mean in the beginning to a steadfast SG1 team crusader in the end, but never got a really juicy episode. No wonder he left the show! Maybe if they gave him better lines than "ok", "Debriefing in 1 hour", "I just can't authorize that", or "Do it!" he would still be on stargate!

I want to see him getting captured by an enemy, going nuts, or sipping a Mai Tai in a speedo at the beach! :cool:

The Rodney Factor
April 17th, 2005, 03:52 PM
YEAH, after 7+ years on the show you would think they would throw him a bone! He had definite potential. The only ep where he left the SGC was when he went to Antarctica to save sam/jack, and when he was a col. during the mirror that sent daniel to an alternate reality. Those were great!

ConspiraciesAreFUN
April 17th, 2005, 03:56 PM
YEAH, after 7+ years on the show you would think they would throw him a bone! He had definite potential. The only ep where he left the SGC was when he went to Antarctica to save sam/jack, and when he was a col. during the mirror that sent daniel to an alternate reality. Those were great!

Actually he once went to Chulak i believe. And Abydos(for that one broad's funeral, Daniel's wife, whatsherface)
I do agree though, send Don Davis out and about in a new series!
Stargate: Old, Bald, and Pissed OFF!

blueguy w/thehand
April 17th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Don't we all!!!

He went to get help when Hathor returns and he helps fire the "Thread the needle Ship."

Agent_Dark
April 17th, 2005, 06:06 PM
He got to do a 'fun' scene in The Gamekeeper... though I suppose it wasn't actually him ;)
He also went offworld in Homecoming (Season7 opener) and even Carter thought it was abit strange to see him off world :D

col_oatmeal
April 17th, 2005, 06:10 PM
He also went off world when SG1 was trapped in Dante.
He got a big episode when he was forsed down because of his granddaugters were abducted.

Hywel
April 18th, 2005, 08:42 AM
He got a scene in 'Fire and Water' when O'Neill smashed his car at Daniel's wake. But I agree he should have got more.

col_oatmeal
April 18th, 2005, 03:57 PM
He needs to come back he was dependable and a good ally.

Willow
April 19th, 2005, 07:41 AM
He gave Major Davis a telling off once and he had some good lines in Disclosure, I think :)

blueguy w/thehand
April 19th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Plus, he was quite mean at the beginning. In the episode "spirits" he actually wanted to steal naquadah or trinium from the mountains. Even after the Native americans said it was too destructive. I wonder what made TPTB change their minds about hammond and make him a good guy?

Willow
April 20th, 2005, 04:42 AM
^ I don't think it was because he was 'mean' I think that even General Hammond had orders from someone higher than him and he would have to follow them whether he agreed with them or not.

jckfan55
April 20th, 2005, 04:49 PM
He got to tell off people like Samuels and Maybourne occasionally.

col_oatmeal
April 20th, 2005, 05:08 PM
In some Maybourne got to the president and won.