PDA

View Full Version : The Vala/Claudia Black Discussion & Appreciation Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Yeux Bleus
April 17th, 2005, 09:36 AM
I haven't seen an appreciation thread for Vala here and so this thread is for you. Post pictures of Claudia/Vala but also Aeryn and other, or just talk about the character on Stagate SG-1.
I hope that many people like Claudia and her character :D

C'mon everybody :cool:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/BUdoodlebug/PORTRAIT_silne10cbphoto206site.jpg

MOD INSERT: Please Post your Pictures over on the Claudia/Vala WOW thread...all pictures of Claudia in any role would fall under the Claudia WOW portion.

This thread is more for discussion BUT a picture or two of course won't hurt anyone :D :D

the_cadpig
April 17th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Claudia rocks mightely! She's a really lovely lady - on the inside and out.

And I am so glad she's getting to strut more of her stuff on Stargate. She's such a professional and I, for one, can't wait to see where the Vala character is taken and how she meshes with SG-1. Should make for an interesting series of eps.

And here's hoping we see more of Claudia in the future - in whatever projects she's inclined to do. She deserves more exposure and recognition of her talents.

~cp

Tucker Case
April 17th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Claudia rocks mightely! She's a really lovely lady - on the inside and out.

Isn't she, though? I love her more than my shoes (and that’s saying a lot).

Vala may have been too heady a brew for some people’s tastes, but she was very much to my liking. A bit frisky, a bit difficult, a bit exhausting, a bit bewildering and more than a bit inscrutable. There were these tantalising moments where she seemed to yield to something genuine but they no sooner registered than they vanished – Poof! – and ended up being as disorienting as they were intriguing.

I liked ‘Prometheus Unbound’ – liked it a lot. It was, however, rather like a 42-minute fanfare. Like the big production number off the top of a Broadway musical: Good tune, excellent choreography, the live horses were a real treat and – Hoo! Wow! – how’d they ever get the monkeys to do that? But now it’s time to settle back and just tell her story for a while before breaking into the next song-and-dance routine.

That said, I’m really pleased with the spoilers we’ve seen so far. If ‘Prometheus Unbound’ was about taking Daniel on an insane joyride through the World According To Vala, it looks as though Daniel might be returning the favour in early Season 9, showing Vala how he can raise the bizarre and unpredictable to a whole new plane of existence. Vala’s getting the grand tour of the ‘Stargate’ universe, this time, and I can’t wait to see how she takes to it.

TC

valaCB
April 25th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Just bumping so Vala fans can find this.. :D
hey, thanx :D
Claudia thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so now there's 2 threads?? :eek:

esoap524
April 27th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Isn't she, though? I love her more than my shoes (and that’s saying a lot).

Vala may have been too heady a brew for some people’s tastes, but she was very much to my liking. A bit frisky, a bit difficult, a bit exhausting, a bit bewildering and more than a bit inscrutable. There were these tantalising moments where she seemed to yield to something genuine but they no sooner registered than they vanished – Poof! – and ended up being as disorienting as they were intriguing.

TC

I love her more than my shoes too...actually, that's NOT saying a lot--LOL. Suffice to say, I think she's a lovely lady and an incredible actress.

I love your take on Vala. I was a bit unsure of the episode and, not being a Stargate fan, I wasn't sure how this fit in with the show's tone. My guess is, not well from all the negativity I've read.

It's gonna be a treat to see Claudia Black, whom I only know as the formidable Aeryn Sun from Farscape, as Vala, a thief, a liar, a manipulator--all those things Aeryn wasn't. I think viewers will really warm to her as the character develops. Aeryn wasn't the most welcoming of creatures at the beginning, yet she ended up being very popular and I think that's due to Ms. Black's portrayal.

Plus the woman has an incredibly wonderful voice!

Tucker Case
April 27th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I love her more than my shoes too...actually, that's NOT saying a lot--LOL. Suffice to say, I think she's a lovely lady and an incredible actress.

She is both, and she's so gracious about her co-stars. I've been reading - and re-reading - the article on her in the latest 'Stargate' magazine and the way she talks about Ben and Michael has me more excited than ever about seeing those two guys working together, and the loveliest thing about it was how happy and excited she seemed to be for them.

I think viewers will really warm to her as the character develops. Aeryn wasn't the most welcoming of creatures at the beginning, yet she ended up being very popular and I think that's due to Ms. Black's portrayal.

Vala put on a real show in 'Prometheus Unbound.' I don't think the mask slipped more than once or twice in the episode, and even there I'm not quite sure. But Claudia seems to have a clear grasp already of Vala's back-story, and a full appreciation for her potential. All the woman needs is the chance to start working it.

I don't think I'm all that keen on seeing Vala seriously "toned down," though. Other sides of her revealed and explored, yes. But I love a good scoundrel, and I really want to see what Claudia makes of one. Finding out what makes her tick shouldn't mean she has to stop ticking.

TC

BritAngie
May 2nd, 2005, 01:39 AM
She's quite a manly thing, isn't she.

Actually that's more a reflection of my photography skills than what Claudia looks like. She is stunning in real life(I'm sure others who've seen her in RL will back me up on this) and I'd kill to even look a little like her! :D (She just can be very difficult to photograph.) Add that to a killer intellect,acting and singing talent and sense of humour and you have a killer combination. She's also really down to earth too.

Noo ani Anqueetus
June 8th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Claudia Black is the best thing to happen to Stargate since they brought Danny boy back. I hope that after her story arc the PTB are smart enough to keep her around. Let's give Daniel a girl that'll stick around for a little while.

Kalliope
June 9th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Claudia Black is the best thing to happen to Stargate since they brought Danny boy back. I hope that after her story arc the PTB are smart enough to keep her around. Let's give Daniel a girl that'll stick around for a little while.

"Ask Joe Mallozzi" thread is THE BEST place for this opinion :)

CaptainStigmata
July 16th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Claudia rox my sox. She is great in everything she is in.

Kalliope
July 16th, 2005, 02:00 PM
She is great in everything she is in.

Definitely. When I first discovered "Farscape" 5 years ago, it was Aeryn who was my favourite character from the start. Claudia is really brilliant actress and it's great to see her comedic site here, on SG-1. Vala rules! :D

Xenajules2
July 20th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Just dropped by to invite all of you who appreciate the lovely, talented and sweet Ms Claudia Black to join her "unofficial" fanclub, CBOOL. CBOOL stands for "Claudia Black is Out of Our League" and boy, is she ever!

The group exists mainly in cyperspace although we do have occasional get-togethers at conventions and various other spots. Claudia appreciates US! But, not as much as we appreciate her, I'm sure (heck, there are a lot more of us, after all!)

Anyhow, you're more than welcome to stop by our website at: http://cbool.homestead.com OR our Yahoo group at: http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/cbool

Hope to see you all there!

Jules ;)

CBOOL #10
Battle Captain, Warrior Woman and Listmum #2

GhostPoet
July 22nd, 2005, 11:31 AM
This is for everyone to gush over the character of Vala. Personally, I love the character! She's so funny! "Let's make BABIES!" cracked me and my family up so hard.

Her character has a lot of depth...and there is so much more than can be done...I STRONGLY hope we can see much more of her later. (after this arc ends)

Curious to see how she'll work in an action scene too. :)

Kas
July 22nd, 2005, 11:43 AM
If you go to the Characters and Relationships Forum, you'll find a vibrant thread for Vala/Claudia. :)

GhostPoet
July 22nd, 2005, 11:47 AM
If you go to the Characters and Relationships Forum, you'll find a vibrant thread for Vala/Claudia. :)

woo!! someone lock this thread. :P

I didn't even know we ad a character forums.=P

Kalliope
July 22nd, 2005, 11:48 AM
Vala - Claudia Black WOW Thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4376335#post4376335)
The Vala/Claudia Black Appreciation Thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11233&page=4)
Start shipping for Daniel/Vala (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4372217#post4372217)

cougarose
August 21st, 2005, 12:48 PM
I love Vala! Well that is... I love her character. The pairing of her and Daniel Jackson was genius. She has a spunky, spirited personality that only adds to the show. I was so disappointed to see her whisked off to who-knows-where in the last episode, but they've left a possibility for her come-back. And I do hope they bring her back. The show gets a bit too serious at times, especially without the smart-a** remarks of O'Neil. I think she just sparks it up enough to make us laugh and yet the SG1 team is still able to stay on task.

Kalliope
August 21st, 2005, 01:10 PM
The rest of the season without Vala is going to be soooooo empty... :(

valaCB
August 22nd, 2005, 01:28 AM
so...what do you think about Claudia Black's 6 archive epis.
I dont know why is it but i hooked with Aeryn and now Vala. what Claudia have that we hooked to her character that much.
she make me believe that her characters she made are REAL!!! now that IS talent!

Aeryn/Vala
August 22nd, 2005, 02:53 AM
It will take a year or so till the 9th season will start in Germany http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/4_9_7[1].gif !!! So I didn't see all 6 episodes!!!

I dont know why is it but i hooked with Aeryn and now Vala. what Claudia have that we hooked to her character that much.
she make me believe that her characters she made are REAL!!! now that IS talent!
I think I like Claudia for the same reason like you!! And she is such a nice and funny person :D

TracysTrails
August 22nd, 2005, 05:13 AM

I agree! Aeryn and Vala couldn't be MORE different as characters, but CB brought them both believably to life.

valaCB
August 22nd, 2005, 12:42 PM
From SFX #134
there's an interview with Christopher Judge :)
here what he said about Claudia -

"One thing the actor is sure of is the incredible lightness of being around actress Claudia Black. She made the series debut in the season 8 episode 'PU' and is due to return of a 5 episode story in season 9. 'SG has always had an underlying sense of humeur' says Jude, 'but with Claudia, the comedic level is so out there, its off the map. She has split-second comic timing and dosent miss a beat. Its been a pleasure having her on set and watching her work. The scenes with her and Michael Shanks is particular are a joy to behold'

:cool:

Kalliope
August 23rd, 2005, 08:11 AM
Oww! I love CJ! :)

ValaMalduran
August 23rd, 2005, 08:39 AM
Judging by what I've seen of CJ in SG1 on set features, I'm sure he really enjoyed having more obvious humour on SG.

A.

Aeryn/Vala
August 23rd, 2005, 09:47 AM
From SFX #134
there's an interview with Christopher Judge :)
here what he said about Claudia -

"One thing the actor is sure of is the incredible lightness of being around actress Claudia Black. She made the series debut in the season 8 episode 'PU' and is due to return of a 5 episode story in season 9. 'SG has always had an underlying sense of humeur' says Jude, 'but with Claudia, the comedic level is so out there, its off the map. She has split-second comic timing and dosent miss a beat. Its been a pleasure having her on set and watching her work. The scenes with her and Michael Shanks is particular are a joy to behold'

I could kiss him for that :D

valaCB
August 23rd, 2005, 11:41 AM
Here's more from the same magazine
SFX #134
-from the spoiler Zone - about Claudia. about Avalon1

"it'll be plain as a day to anyone who watch this episode that Claudia Black is the big star here.
She dominates every scene she's in. and the new outfit is to die for"

I think i miss a line. i'll check tomorrow again :D

Gaterelle
August 25th, 2005, 10:50 AM

Yes, she's a really good actress because she is THERE all the time, in the character. :)

valaCB
August 25th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Yes, she's a really good actress because she is THERE all the time, in the character. :)
YUP! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/ez/pi_thumbsup.gif
She is wasted. Stargate-SG1 used her talent well. hope other directors will notice her

valaCB
October 1st, 2005, 02:53 PM
Page 6??? :eek:

Do you think Claudia is talent? ;)

Aeryn/Vala
October 2nd, 2005, 01:34 AM
Page 6??? :eek:

Do you think Claudia is talent? ;)

Oh yes, she is!!!:D

valaCB
October 2nd, 2005, 01:41 AM
Oh yes, she is!!!:D
Oh really???? http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/1a_teuflisch_2.gif
and what make you said that? http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/biggrin_2.gif

Aeryn/Vala
October 2nd, 2005, 01:46 AM
Oh really???? http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/1a_teuflisch_2.gif
and what make you said that? http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/biggrin_2.gif

Really!!!!

She can play so different characters!! In Farscape she played a mostly serious and sometimes sad character (I mean "The Choice" is great!! Claudia at her best:D )!! In Stargate she is such a funny person!! Don't you think?

valaCB
October 2nd, 2005, 02:12 AM
Really!!!!

She can play so different characters!! In Farscape she played a mostly serious and sometimes sad character (I mean "The Choice" is great!! Claudia at her best:D )!! In Stargate she is such a funny person!! Don't you think?
that's why i LOVE Vala, i love the comic reveal that Claudia bring to Vala.
as for Farscape, i think Claudia as her best work is 'Prayer' and than ' The Choice'. She was brilliant in 'Prayer' and i think she deserved an Emmy for that

Aeryn/Vala
October 2nd, 2005, 02:18 AM
that's why i LOVE Vala, i love the comic reveal that Claudia bring to Vala.
as for Farscape, i think Claudia as her best work is 'Prayer' and than ' The Choice'. She was brilliant in 'Prayer' and i think she deserved an Emmy for that

Oh "Prayer"! I forgot!! You're right!!:D

Purpleyin
October 12th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Haven't been here before...

I really loved Claudia in Farscape, and remember getting excited when she was in Queen of the Damned. I also much like Vala, just a little frustrated we didn't see deeper into her character on show. I thought I caught hints to it, but I guess going further is what fanfic is for in this case. Speaking of which I'm going bump the thread with a small angsty fic - Everything Burns (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/42/everythingburns.html) :D

EDIT: For some reason FF.net has no Vala c2, only Daniel/Vala one. I was going to make one, except each user can only make one c2! Just wondering if anyone here is into fic on the site and might consider setting one up?

valaCB
October 12th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Haven't been here before...

I really loved Claudia in Farscape, and remember getting excited when she was in Queen of the Damned. I also much like Vala, just a little frustrated we didn't see deeper into her character on show. I thought I caught hints to it, but I guess going further is what fanfic is for in this case. Speaking of which I'm going bump the thread with a small angsty fic - Everything Burns (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/42/everythingburns.html) :D

EDIT: For some reason FF.net has no Vala c2, only Daniel/Vala one. I was going to make one, except each user can only make one c2! Just wondering if anyone here is into fic on the site and might consider setting one up?
I would love to reed Vala fics!!!! :)
and what is c2? :S

p.s - like what you wrote.

Purpleyin
October 13th, 2005, 03:16 AM
I would love to reed Vala fics!!!! :)
and what is c2? :S

p.s - like what you wrote.
Oh sorry, a c2 is like an archive of links to stories. Each registered member of fanfiction.net is allowed to set up one. You choose a category like Stargate SG-1 and make up your c2 - could be on a theme, a character, a pairing - and then you add staff members to it who help you add relevant stories from that category. People can subscribe to the c2 and get notifications when a new story is added by staff. It's an easy way to keep up with stories on a particular subject, as long as there's plenty of people checking the categories offerings and updating the c2. Hope that explains it okay. It's one of those things I've only seen and FF.net.

I was just hoping there might be one as I'd like to read more Vala fic and the category is so big and gets so much Sam/Jack etc that stories for other character can get a bit lost and time consuming to find. It's like a few people putting in the time and effort to update it and then lots more people benefit from that. :)

I'd have made one myself but I've already created an Atlantis one and didn't realise you're limited to one. :(

valaCB
October 13th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Oh sorry, a c2 is like an archive of links to stories. Each registered member of fanfiction.net is allowed to set up one. You choose a category like Stargate SG-1 and make up your c2 - could be on a theme, a character, a pairing - and then you add staff members to it who help you add relevant stories from that category. People can subscribe to the c2 and get notifications when a new story is added by staff. It's an easy way to keep up with stories on a particular subject, as long as there's plenty of people checking the categories offerings and updating the c2. Hope that explains it okay. It's one of those things I've only seen and FF.net.

I was just hoping there might be one as I'd like to read more Vala fic and the category is so big and gets so much Sam/Jack etc that stories for other character can get a bit lost and time consuming to find. It's like a few people putting in the time and effort to update it and then lots more people benefit from that. :)

I'd have made one myself but I've already created an Atlantis one and didn't realise you're limited to one. :(
thanx for the explanation :)

and don't forget to vote for the wonderful and talent actress, claudia
http://www.nationaleopinie.nl/polls/missko.php

valaCB
October 13th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Claudia is amazingly talent.

here's what Joe Mallozzi said about Claudia

We watched the director's cut of Crusade this morning. Robert did a great job with his directorial debut. Some great shots and overall great moments in this one. Of course, he was helped by some amazing performances, and some equally amazing lighting by Peter Woeste. Its nice to have Claudia back.

Aeryn/Vala
October 14th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Claudia is amazingly talent.

here's what Joe Mallozzi said about Claudia

We watched the director's cut of Crusade this morning. Robert did a great job with his directorial debut. Some great shots and overall great moments in this one. Of course, he was helped by some amazing performances, and some equally amazing lighting by Peter Woeste. Its nice to have Claudia back.

"It's nice to have Claudia back." That's all???

valaCB
October 14th, 2005, 08:20 AM
so what do you think?
is he meant about this remark ('he was helped by some amazing performances' ) about Claudia?

valaCB
October 15th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Amazing beautiful, in all of the pics
http://brent.wirehedmag.com/ja/forum/index.php?topic=48.0

valaCB
October 21st, 2005, 04:44 AM
Television Review
STARGATE SG-1 - The Powers That Be
http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Television&action=page&type_id=270286&cat_id=0&obj_id=49407#

Here's what people think about Claudia

I love what Claudia is doing as Vala. She is just so much fun. She just throws herself into this at every moment. Daniel has to be on his guard with her at every moment as a result and you wonder if he's just going to give in to her. Despite the situations this has put her in Vala just always seems to have fun and she truely loves life. She never gets very downhearted, but she does pout and do whatever she can to get her way and no matter how serious is gets she still seems to think there is a way out. This is a person that lives by her wits and has always been good at it, but also her love of pretty objects gets her in trouble too. I truely felt for her as she was burned alive in a previous episode only to be brought back to maybe be burned alive again the next episode. Here she is threatened with being put to death once again. It was priceless when one of her former people exclaimed about how she made him massage her feet as if that was a most horrible punishment. I laughed for a while at that and it still makes me smile. I'd massage her feet!! It was fun seeing her playing it up in full goddess mode and then trying her best to save her people and slowly, but surely failing. This virus that the prior unleashes would seem to be something that might be a problem again and again, but as we saw Daniel and Teal'c were immune and for some reason Vala was too. With what was learned here and in the past it seems to me that a cure for this would likely be found soon or else this problem would logically be overused in the future. This virus has to be erradicated completely or it shifts and overcomes steps used to combat it. One nasty bug that one is. Why is Vala immune?

Aeryn/Vala
October 21st, 2005, 05:06 AM
Television Review
http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Television&action=page&type_id=270286&cat_id=0&obj_id=49407#

I love what Claudia is doing as Vala. She is just so much fun. She just throws herself into this at every moment. Daniel has to be on his guard with her at every moment as a result and you wonder if he's just going to give in to her. Despite the situations this has put her in Vala just always seems to have fun and she truely loves life. She never gets very downhearted, but she does pout and do whatever she can to get her way and no matter how serious is gets she still seems to think there is a way out. This is a person that lives by her wits and has always been good at it, but also her love of pretty objects gets her in trouble too. I truely felt for her as she was burned alive in a previous episode only to be brought back to maybe be burned alive again the next episode. Here she is threatened with being put to death once again. It was priceless when one of her former people exclaimed about how she made him massage her feet as if that was a most horrible punishment. I laughed for a while at that and it still makes me smile. I'd massage her feet!! It was fun seeing her playing it up in full goddess mode and then trying her best to save her people and slowly, but surely failing. This virus that the prior unleashes would seem to be something that might be a problem again and again, but as we saw Daniel and Teal'c were immune and for some reason Vala was too. With what was learned here and in the past it seems to me that a cure for this would likely be found soon or else this problem would logically be overused in the future. This virus has to be erradicated completely or it shifts and overcomes steps used to combat it. One nasty bug that one is. Why is Vala immune?

:rolleyes: Thanks for this wonderful link :D

whisper99
October 22nd, 2005, 08:51 PM
Television Review

That's great!

valaCB
October 22nd, 2005, 11:06 PM
Love your purple sig ;)

whisper99
October 23rd, 2005, 04:48 PM
Love your purple sig ;)

Thanks :) I like yours too :) I just uploaded a bunch more banners that turned out great too :)

valaCB
October 23rd, 2005, 11:52 PM
Thanks :) I like yours too :) I just uploaded a bunch more banners that turned out great too :)
I know. :D

Aeryn/Vala
October 24th, 2005, 12:22 AM

There are all great! And the new wallpapers... WOW :D

valaCB
October 25th, 2005, 09:33 AM
More Vala's fans at TV.com

http://www.tv.com/stargate-sg-1/show/185/forums.html&fpage=show_messages.php&board=292&topic=89988&page=0

valaCB
October 29th, 2005, 02:19 AM
New Vidoe and some stories in here http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/ValaMalDuran/messages

MemberofSG1
October 31st, 2005, 07:55 AM
I just think that Vala is a wonderful character. Her personality brings new life to the show and I think the PTB could have done more with her than they did. I even think it would have been interesting if Vala had been made a regular cast member and given Carter's position on the team. (my apologies to any character fans reading this.) That would have given the show a whole new dimension. Any comments?

Natushka
October 31st, 2005, 10:02 PM
Omg, I love Vala!

I think she's just awesome! Just recently I saw all the S9 eps with her in them.. and I've got to say.. the eps not containing Vala are boring! I think her character adds so much more spunk to the show!

I hope she comes on as a regular in S10!

GenHammondsBarber
November 7th, 2005, 04:52 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Hi Vala fans,...or anti Vala fans. I have a poll on the top 25 women of stargate. Stop by and contribute.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 7th, 2005, 04:55 PM
More Vala's fans at TV.com

http://www.tv.com/stargate-sg-1/show/185/forums.html&fpage=show_messages.php&board=292&topic=89988&page=0
Cool thanks for the link :D

valaCB
November 10th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Answers from Joe Mallozi on his Ask Joe thread over on Gateworld:

Question: Provided there is a season 10, what are the chances we will see Vala around more? <snip>

Answer: If there is a season ten, there will definitely be more Vala headed your way

and did you vote allready http://www.gateworld.net/

She's perfect! Keep up the great work. 2104 70 %
I'd like her to be more toned down. 452 15 %
I'd like her to be more off-the-wall. 80 3 %
I'm not a fan. I watch in spite of her. 323 11 %
I haven't seen her yet. 52 2 %

valaCB
November 19th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Hello all,

My friend and i created a new site for the fabulous and talented actress Claudia Black, all the news and more.
You'r wellcome to visit us
http://claudiablacknews.com/claudia/

any new news about Claudia black PLS send to claudiablacknews@yahoo.com

Thank You and enjoy :)

Lexa Jayde
November 19th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Omg, I love Vala!

I think she's just awesome! Just recently I saw all the S9 eps with her in them.. and I've got to say.. the eps not containing Vala are boring! I think her character adds so much more spunk to the show!

same thought s here....:D:D:D:D

Love the sig Natushka

SallyLizzie
November 21st, 2005, 09:23 AM

Vala's back in Season 10....full time!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Claudia Black has sauntered her way into the hearts of many Stargate fans this year, playing the sexy thief Vala Mal Doran in eight episodes of SG-1's ninth season. Now Black is set to join the long-running series as a full-time cast member.
full story here. (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/11/claudiablackjoinsisg-1icas.shtml)

*dances a happy jigful dance* :)

Aeryn/Vala
November 21st, 2005, 09:32 AM

full story here. (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/11/claudiablackjoinsisg-1icas.shtml)

http://terrafirmascapers.com/Smileys/default/veryhappy.gifhttp://terrafirmascapers.com/Smileys/default/veryhappy.gifhttp://terrafirmascapers.com/Smileys/default/veryhappy.gifhttp://terrafirmascapers.com/Smileys/default/veryhappy.gif

You can also read it here http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=33347

valaCB
November 21st, 2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah!!!

http://claudiablacknews.com/claudia/

http://bestsmileys.com/happy/5.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/happy/7.gif

valaCB
December 5th, 2005, 09:18 AM
One word - WOW!!!!
http://thehathorlegacy.info/3/women-in-sci-fi/stargate/page/2/

Lord Shiva
December 5th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Well I tried to start a thread on the Season 9 forum explaining why Vala might work out well as a main character, and that she might not be as comedy-oriented as she has been in the past, but I was attacked by several anti-Vala people who complained that I would even post something pro-Vala, and how pro-Vala people feel that they have to "defend her" and then a Mod showed up, said that my thread was pointless and there are other Vala-specific threads.... so, yeah.

Copying and pasting what I wrote here:

She is going through some serious poo-poo (since this forum is PG I can't use the word I'm searching for, but I think you guys can get My drift). She's off in Ori-ville, and supposedly at the end of season 9 they'll get her back to our side of the Galaxy... well, maybe she'll be the fun loving, humor-all-the-time Vala... but maybe she won't.

The producers could go that way and have her be the exact same Vala we all know and love (or hate lol), but on the same note, her encounters with the Ori might make her a more serious character, especially given she will be a main character in season 10. We know that the SGC won't be done with the Priors or the Ori in season 9 and that they will continue to be a major threat in season 10, so perhaps in her interaction Vala will become a major thrust of season 10 because of some knowledge she has gained from the Ori.

Heck, imagine if one of the Ori had "possessed" her, and so she had the knowledge of the Ori in her brain, and someone she was freed when she returned to our Galaxy... that could be one definete reason that they allow her into the SGC and SG-1, because of her knowledge to fight the Ori.

Just one of a slew of possiblities. Of course, i could be 100% wrong and she'll just be cracking one joke after another and making sexual advances on Daniel (which, btw, I like lol).

But I guess we shall see!

valaCB
December 5th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Well I tried to start a thread on the Season 9 forum explaining why Vala might work out well as a main character, and that she might not be as comedy-oriented as she has been in the past, but I was attacked by several anti-Vala people who complained that I would even post something pro-Vala, and how pro-Vala people feel that they have to "defend her" and then a Mod showed up, said that my thread was pointless and there are other Vala-specific threads.... so, yeah.

Copying and pasting what I wrote here:

She is going through some serious poo-poo (since this forum is PG I can't use the word I'm searching for, but I think you guys can get My drift). She's off in Ori-ville, and supposedly at the end of season 9 they'll get her back to our side of the Galaxy... well, maybe she'll be the fun loving, humor-all-the-time Vala... but maybe she won't.

The producers could go that way and have her be the exact same Vala we all know and love (or hate lol), but on the same note, her encounters with the Ori might make her a more serious character, especially given she will be a main character in season 10. We know that the SGC won't be done with the Priors or the Ori in season 9 and that they will continue to be a major threat in season 10, so perhaps in her interaction Vala will become a major thrust of season 10 because of some knowledge she has gained from the Ori.

Heck, imagine if one of the Ori had "possessed" her, and so she had the knowledge of the Ori in her brain, and someone she was freed when she returned to our Galaxy... that could be one definete reason that they allow her into the SGC and SG-1, because of her knowledge to fight the Ori.

Just one of a slew of possiblities. Of course, i could be 100% wrong and she'll just be cracking one joke after another and making sexual advances on Daniel (which, btw, I like lol).

But I guess we shall see!
Yeah, i saw it and i was shocked :eek:
this's the thread you can write safely :cool:

about you post, i can't express my self that well (english problem) so ill add that i love your options for Vala in season 10!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/tayson/nyc0220-20claudia20-20012.jpg

Aeryn/Vala
December 28th, 2005, 02:07 AM
bump

Nice pic in your sig :D I definitely agree with you :D

valaCB
January 10th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Claudia is so great and...bump :vala:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/tayson/Vala/wow.jpg

azurek8
January 15th, 2006, 01:14 PM
:vala:
No worries and you are most welcome! :D Actually those pics don't do Claudia justice!

http://www.britangie.freeola.com/conpicsquick/Images/CRW_1017a.jpg

Azurek8 says:
Thanks for the photos> They were great. Claudia can sure make some faces! She is so clever and funny. I too cannot wait to see what the writers and she cook up next year. I think there is room for everyone to shine on SG-1. It is getting full and maybe a little harder to do, but I have trust in the writers to do justice to everyone. Great show.
Luv to all stargaters!!!

Formerhost
January 15th, 2006, 01:22 PM
:vala:

Azurek8 says:
Thanks for the photos> They were great. Claudia can sure make some faces! She is so clever and funny. I too cannot wait to see what the writers and she cook up next year. I think there is room for everyone to shine on SG-1. It is getting full and maybe a little harder to do, but I have trust in the writers to do justice to everyone. Great show.
Luv to all stargaters!!!

Welcome aboard! :vala:

vizel
January 15th, 2006, 10:07 PM
She has also an Appreciation Thread...nice!

vizel
January 19th, 2006, 10:19 AM

Yeah!!! :jack_new_anime07: :weiranime17:

Formerhost
January 19th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah!!! :jack_new_anime07: :weiranime17:

Isn't it great?! I hope to see veeeeery interesting stories and adventures involving Vala and the whole SG-1 team :vala: :daniel: :tealc: :sam: :cameron:

Aeryn/Vala
January 19th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Isn't it great?! I hope to see veeeeery interesting stories and adventures involving Vala and the whole SG-1 team :vala: :daniel: :tealc: :sam: :cameron:

my signature :D

vizel
January 19th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Me too :cameron:

vizel
February 6th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Page 6?!?
Come people!!! She is so talented :zelenka25:

vizel
February 23rd, 2006, 03:50 AM
Saturn Awards

Best Supporting Actress for Claudia Black!!! :vala:

Go Claudia!
I THINK SHE IS SO TALENT:vala:

Formerhost
February 23rd, 2006, 05:10 AM
Saturn Awards

Best Supporting Actress for Claudia Black!!! :vala:

Go Claudia!
I THINK SHE IS SO TALENT:vala:

Fingers crossed! :) :vala:

vizel
February 23rd, 2006, 06:28 AM
Fingers crossed! :) :vala:
Ditto

AngelQueen
February 23rd, 2006, 06:43 AM
*wanders in curiously*

I'll admit when I heard that Claudia would be returning as a full-time cast member for Season 10, I screamed. I screamed and called home and screamed some more at my mother that Vala was coming back.

I was excited. *grins* Still am.

I'm really curious as to how the writers will handle having a possible five-member SG-1. Back in the days when Michael Shanks was coming back and we didn't know what was going to happen to Corin Nemec, a lot of people were predicting a five-member team then. Sadly, it didn't happen and Corin hasn't been seen since mid-Season 7. :(

But I digress.

The skies really are the limit with what they can do with Vala. She's been in the Ori home galaxy for nearly a year now and that could have brought about all sorts of changes on her. She might not be as insanely hilarious as she was at the beginning of Season 9. Or, alternately, she might still be just as we remember just as soon as someone puts Daniel on her radar. :D Those two... sillies...

Well, no matter what they do with her, it's definitely going to be an interesting season! *bounces*

AQ

Formerhost
February 23rd, 2006, 07:32 AM
*wanders in curiously*

I'll admit when I heard that Claudia would be returning as a full-time cast member for Season 10, I screamed. I screamed and called home and screamed some more at my mother that Vala was coming back.

I'm really curious as to how the writers will handle having a possible five-member SG-1. Back in the days when Michael Shanks was coming back and we didn't know what was going to happen to Corin Nemec, a lot of people were predicting a five-member team then. Sadly, it didn't happen and Corin hasn't been seen since mid-Season 7. :(

But I digress.

The skies really are the limit with what they can do with Vala. She's been in the Ori home galaxy for nearly a year now and that could have brought about all sorts of changes on her. She might not be as insanely hilarious as she was at the beginning of Season 9. Or, alternately, she might still be just as we remember just as soon as someone puts Daniel on her radar. :D Those two... sillies...

Well, no matter what they do with her, it's definitely going to be an interesting season! *bounces*

AQ

Personally I don't think Vala will be a *member* of SG-1, more of an ally very closely co-operating with them, but in the meantime having her own adventures and fighting her own demons from the past.
Season 10 is definitely going to be extremely interesting and exciting. :D

BTW, HERE (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11507&page=154) is another thread for Claudia/Vala fans where we mostly post pics of Vala, Aeryn (Farscape) and more Claudia's characters from the past :)

valaCB
February 23rd, 2006, 08:40 AM
*wanders in curiously*

But I digress.

AQ
I agree about Corin Nemec. I loved him , too bad he wasn't another memeber of SG1 :(

About Vala, As i have seen the new pics, She was Very sad in them. So maybe there will be a joke or two but i think that Vala will not be insanely hilarious as she was in the beginning of Season 9. and i think i like it. I want her to be funny but not so delirium :) and im so glad she IS regular in season 10

I don't think Vala will be a *member* of SG-1
so what do you think she will be?

Formerhost
February 23rd, 2006, 08:43 AM
I agree about Corin Nemec. I loved him , too bad he wasn't another memeber of SG1 :(

About Vala, As i have seen the new pics, She was Very sad in them. So maybe there will be a joke or two but i think that Vala will not be insanely hilarious as she was in the beginning of Season 9. and i think i like it. I want her to be funny but not so delirium :) and im so glad she IS regular in season 10

so what do you think she will be?

Like I said earlier, an ally very closely cooperating with SG-1, but not officially being a team member. Plus, Joe has never confirmed that Vala will join SG-1 ;)

vizel
March 10th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Like I said earlier, an ally very closely cooperating with SG-1, but not officially being a team member. Plus, Joe has never confirmed that Vala will join SG-1 ;)
I really hope she will be with the SG-1 team.

Nerual
March 10th, 2006, 08:21 AM
If she does become part of SG-1 I dont think it will be for long,
Ive heard from my other half that she may be joining the atlantis team but I cant say for sure, and I'm not going to say it will definately happen.

Nerrad

P.S. very sorry if this is a spoiler

Formerhost
March 10th, 2006, 09:30 AM
If she does become part of SG-1 I dont think it will be for long,
Ive heard from my other half that she may be joining the atlantis team but I cant say for sure, and I'm not going to say it will definately happen.

Nerrad

P.S. very sorry if this is a spoiler

I thought Claudia signed a contract for 20 episodes of SG-1, and Amanda is going to be on several Atlantis episode next season? Well, I think Claudia will be on SG-1, not on Atlantis, which of course doesn't mean that crossover episodes, with Atlantis cast visiting SG-1 and interacting with Vala aren't possible. For example, episode 3 looks like it.

maxbo
March 21st, 2006, 09:42 AM
I've just started watching Season 9 (just finished The Ties That Bind) and I finally got the chance to see Vala in action and I love her. I haven't seen this kind of delightfully morally ambiguous female character in awhile and it'll be interesting to see if she's allowed to remain so after becoming a regular character in Season 10. Colorful characters tend to get toned down after they become regulars and I hope this doesn't happen to Vala. It's too bad that Sam wasn't in the first several episodes because I would love to see her and Vala interact.

Formerhost
March 21st, 2006, 09:47 AM
I've just started watching Season 9 (just finished The Ties That Bind) and I finally got the chance to see Vala in action and I love her. I haven't seen this kind of delightfully morally ambiguous female character in awhile and it'll be interesting to see if she's allowed to remain so after becoming a regular character in Season 10. Colorful characters tend to get toned down after they become regulars and I hope this doesn't happen to Vala. It's too bad that Sam wasn't in the first several episodes because I would love to see her and Vala interact.

Wait until you see episode 19 - "Crusade" :) And welcome aboard! http://bestsmileys.com/waving/6.gif

BTW, there's also another Vala/CB thread, where we're posting the most beautiful pics of Claudia as herself, as well as Vala, Aeryn (Farscape) or her other characters from the past :) - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11507&page=191

maxbo
March 23rd, 2006, 06:38 AM
Thanks, Formerhost. It just so happens that it was "Crusade" clips that peaked my interest in Season 9 and in Vala. I just finished "Beachhead" and loved it.

Thanks for the reminder about the CB/Vala pic thread. I've been checking out the beautiful CB/Vala pics on that thread and it's been fun to see a visual of all her roles. I had forgotten that the first time I ever saw her was on the Hercules series years ago.

Formerhost
March 23rd, 2006, 06:48 AM
Thanks, Formerhost. It just so happens that it was "Crusade" clips that peaked my interest in Season 9 and in Vala. I just finished "Beachhead" and loved it.

Thanks for the reminder about the CB/Vala pic thread. I've been checking out the beautiful CB/Vala pics on that thread and it's been fun to see a visual of all her roles. I had forgotten that the first time I ever saw her was on the Hercules series years ago.

"Crusade" is my abso-frellin-lutely favourite episode of the entire season, brilliant job from both Claudia and Rob Cooper, especially that it was his debut as a director! :) I'd love them to make a commentary for this episode when it's released on DVD :)

I "discovered" Claudia on Farscape about 6 years ago now and she immediately became my favourite actress and Aeryn favourite character on the show, just like Vala is my favourite character on SG-1 :)

Aeryn/Vala
March 23rd, 2006, 09:46 AM
I "discovered" Claudia on Farscape about 6 years ago now and she immediately became my favourite actress and Aeryn favourite character on the show, just like Vala is my favourite character on SG-1 :)

The same here! :vala:

TameFarrar
March 23rd, 2006, 09:46 AM
Hi Fellow Claudia/Vala Fans :D

I just wanted to give you all a heads up of a bit of house-keeping that is going to happen soon ( by this evening) Since this is the MAIN Discussion AND Appreciation thread for Claudia/Vala we are going to move a few of the picture ONLY (or with little discussion) posts over to the WOW thread and add the word Discussion to the title of this thread in order to bring it more in line with the other Character threads here on GateWorld. If you would like to say anything you can post it here OR PM me. I will be editing the title now but not moving any posts till this evening in order to give anyone who would like to say anything a chance to before then.

Thanks for your input:) and GO Claudia/Vala :)

Formerhost
March 23rd, 2006, 09:57 AM
I suppose the first 2-3 pages contain majority of just pics.

TameFarrar
March 23rd, 2006, 10:26 AM
Cool that will save me a little time :D :D

Formerhost
March 23rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
http://www.spacecast.com/microsites/spaceys06/viewersChoice/favouriteNewTVCharacter/ - vote for Vala!!!

TameFarrar
March 23rd, 2006, 07:11 PM
and we're done :D

Pictures can still be posted of course but the majority should be in the WOW thread and I posted an Insert in the first post letting all know that ALL Claudia pics are welcome in the WOW thread :D

now personally...I can't wait to see what Claudia does with the role of Vala come Season 10. I really enjoyed her portrayal in the last episodes and I liked the toned down version of Vals that still had those hints of Fun and humor :D... Claudia is just a fabulous actress to begin with so I foresee nothing but great things to come :D :D

Formerhost
March 24th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Well... Claudia is able to make even "it's not Shakespeare" scripts work wonderfully. There's so much potential for Vala that I'm sure we'll see much more complex and deeper character in season 10 and hopefully beyond :)

And I'm sick reading opinions that she needs a change of heart. Total bull****, Vala's heart is in the very right place and it's just a pity that some people are too blind to notice it.

TameFarrar
March 24th, 2006, 06:34 AM
I have to say I really enjoy Vala's playful and irreverant way of dealing with things :)

She knows that there is a more *honest*way to go about things...but why if she can get away with the easier way and she is just so darn funny doing it.

In many different interviews from various members of the cast it has been said Vala has the audacity of a child. SHe *tries* to get away with what she can and if she gets caught its a shoulder shrug and "oh well" but its never with Malice or an intent to hurt anyone. I enjoy that freshness or precosisness (sp)

Also Vala isn't stupid she just adapts to the situation and survives. From the little bit of back-story we have that is how it seems she has had to live her life. Now while it does seem that she has found some trustworthy people at the SGC I am sure she thought she had found that same thing in other places only to have been betrayed. SO it will be a learning curve for her with the Team.

The episodes with Vala in them for me personally just seemed livelier, more fun and animated. All of the cast seemed more "there" so I can't help but like that as well :)

maxbo
March 27th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Okay, I finished Season 9 and I must say that I was surprisingly pleased with the way both Vala and Cameron were handled. I'm also pleased that I also loved the non-Vala episodes. Although I've always enjoyed SG-1, it was never must see TV for me, but now I can't wait until Season 10 starts.

Now, back to Vala. Now that she's to be a regular in Season 10, I was concerned that TPTB would try to tone her down too much or even worse, only use her for comic relief, however, if she's kept the way she was in Crusade, then my concerns will be put to rest. She was delightful in Crusade - saucy, sassy, compassionate, poignant... eh, I don't have enough adjectives so I'll just say that she kept me riveted to the screen.

Formerhost
March 27th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Okay, I finished Season 9 and I must say that I was surprisingly pleased with the way both Vala and Cameron were handled. I'm also pleased that I also loved the non-Vala episodes. Although I've always enjoyed SG-1, it was never must see TV for me, but now I can't wait until Season 10 starts.

Now, back to Vala. Now that she's to be a regular in Season 10, I was concerned that TPTB would try to tone her down too much or even worse, only use her for comic relief, however, if she's kept the way she was in Crusade, then my concerns will be put to rest. She was delightful in Crusade - saucy, sassy, compassionate, poignant... eh, I don't have enough adjectives so I'll just say that she kept me riveted to the screen.

I'm pretty sure we'll see this kind of Vala in season 10 http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/scarimor/jellovalaani.gif

SunKrux
March 30th, 2006, 03:25 PM
heehee, just what I need, another Claudia/Vala thread to keep track of. :lol:

*adds this thread to her list of threads she keeps track of*

btw, Claudia ROCKS! :vala:

valaCB
March 30th, 2006, 10:26 PM
http://www.spacecast.com/microsites/spaceys06/viewersChoice/favouriteNewTVCharacter/ - vote for Vala!!!
Voted :vala:
AS FH said. Claudia had me with aeyrn and with Vala! maybe it's her talent or her carizma, i can't tell.

Formerhost
March 30th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Voted :vala:
AS FH said. Claudia had me with aeyrn and with Vala! maybe it's her talent or her carizma, i can't tell.

Both. :)

valaCB
March 31st, 2006, 10:00 PM
Thanx to FH :vala:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26733

AM: But often with Ben it would be just – And the same thing with Claudia, who we’ll see later as Vala, you give them the floor, you provide the stage and then you just, “Okay, go ahead, let’s, you know, see your take on it.”

RC: Right, which is what you do with Rick all the time (Jack and Landry playing chess and talking).
I love RDA!!! :)

we wanted to give the audience the impression that Daniel and Vala were not actually there, but, you know, just linked to these people. And of course we weren’t gonna do a story, in which Claudia Black and Michael Shanks were not on-screen for the whole episode. It’s much more interesting to be seeing them.
Agree :cool:

RC: The other thing that a lot of people have reacted to, both positive and negative, is the sexiness of the Vala character. You kind of helped establish that in directing “Prometheus Unbound”. And obviously Claudia had a tremendous amount to do with that. But, you know, it was something different. I’m sure that for you it was, you know, a fresh flavour.

AM: Oh, absolutely.

RC: We sort of… We’re almost androgynous on SG-1. It’s sort of sex-free show. And I think a lot of audience kind of reacted to that. A lot of people kind of …Don’t expect that or even don’t want that in Stargate. It’s a family show. Certainly there’s a line that we don’t want to cross and that we want to be respectful. But I thought it was fun to have a character that was a little more aware and, you know, overtly sexual.

AM: Exactly. Exactly.

Sex show...lol! Claudia has lots of sexual attention i'll say :) :valaanime04:

RC: Or it just would be incredibly stagnant, and you know what? Some of it works for some people and some of it doesn’t. But for all of us we are just tickled by her character and by Claudia. I know it’s for her, it’s like a giant ice cream sundae because she’s been, you know… She was so sort of a different character on Farscape. She was the straight man.

AM: This is the polar opposite.

RC: You know, she was the straight man and now she’s getting to do all the yacks.

AM: Love her or hate her. She elicits a strong response.

I think Claudia had so much fun playing Vala.

Sorry, I’m just being distracted by the beauty of Claudia Black
“There’s Vala, isn’t she gorgeous?”
hehehe...that's nice :vala:

RC: Because I think besides the fact that her character from a dialogue point of view tends to pop out, because she has the edgy humour sort of lying in the scene.

AM: Right.

RC: She seems to visually pop out and, you know, for obvious reasons.
I love her energy!

RC: I think Claudia was the one who said: “It’s a miracle. You’ve made me look like I have breasts.”

:valaanime06:

Formerhost
April 3rd, 2006, 04:49 AM
RCC is really wonderful guy. After what he is saying about Claudia I think I love him :D

lissa1000
April 3rd, 2006, 12:43 PM
I think Vala's sexy outfits suit her character and decided to pop in here and see what y'all think. I've seen elsewhere that others disagree with me. Although I understand where they are coming from, I think Vala is such a strong yet fun character that it would almost be weird if her clothes were more conservative.

I think Vala is a fun addition to the show. I'm a Farscape fan, so I'm clearly biased.

In case anyone was wondering, I'm a heterosexual woman, so my opinion isn't based wanting to see more female flesh.:)

Aeryn/Vala
April 3rd, 2006, 01:22 PM
I think Vala's sexy outfits suit her character and decided to pop in here and see what y'all think. I've seen elsewhere that others disagree with me. Although I understand where they are coming from, I think Vala is such a strong yet fun character that it would almost be weird if her clothes were more conservative.

I think Vala is a fun addition to the show. I'm a Farscape fan, so I'm clearly biased.

In case anyone was wondering, I'm a heterosexual woman, so my opinion isn't based wanting to see more female flesh.:)

Welcome *waves*

Well said! http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/vala/vala15.gif

Formerhost
April 3rd, 2006, 01:30 PM

Welcome aboard! http://bestsmileys.com/waving/6.gif

Yeah, some people for some strange reasons don't like Vala's sexiness and the outfit she wore at the beginning of season 9. I wonder though what kind of clothes she's gonna wear in season 10 being officially a member of SG-1 team...

BTW, HERE (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11507&page=206) there's another thread for Vala/CB fans (and I'm a Scaper too! :) ) where we mostly post pics of Claudia not only from SG-1, but of course from Farscape and other TV show Claudia played in. Feel free to join us! :vala:

valaCB
April 6th, 2006, 08:36 AM
This is gonna be really interesting... :
Spoiler:
Episode 10.02 - Morpheus: Vala is in a session with a shrink.
Source: http://spoilerfix.com/othershows.php.

BUT we also get, less Vala's screen time.

Isn't it enough that she'll be in ALL 20 episodes?

If she will be in all 22 epis but the writers make her character like Ronon is SG.Atlantis season 2, so, no. it's not enough for me.

Agree.

i've copied this to here:D

Just want to add that it will be very interesting to hear Vala talking about her difficulty in her life (with Daniel ;) ) maybe about her past, about her family, about her time with Qetesh and so on.

Aeryn/Vala
April 6th, 2006, 08:40 AM

Just want to add that it will be very interesting to hear Vala talking about her difficulty in her life (with Daniel ;) ) maybe about her past, about her family, about her time with Qetesh and so on.

Definitely! I really wanna know if it is true what Vala told Daniel in TTTB in Daniels room!!

Formerhost
April 6th, 2006, 09:19 AM

About her time with Qetesh I'd love to see her talking to Sam, after all Sam used to be a host herself for a short period of time, so they definitely can share painful experiences.

valaCB
April 6th, 2006, 09:39 AM
interesting.

10.02 "Morpheus"

The team goes off-world and ends up in a mess of trouble. Meanwhile, Landry is faced with having to decide whether or not Vala can be trusted to remain at the SGC.

Landry decide whether or not Vala can be trusted to remain at the SGC??? maybe that's why she is going to a shrink :D
I wonder, what Vala is going to tell the shrink that will make Landry the decision that Vala can stay.
any suggestion?

http://wiki.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/index.php/Season_Ten

Formerhost
April 6th, 2006, 09:45 AM
interesting.

10.02 "Morpheus"

The team goes off-world and ends up in a mess of trouble. Meanwhile, Landry is faced with having to decide whether or not Vala can be trusted to remain at the SGC.

Landry decide whether or not Vala can be trusted to remain at the SGC??? maybe that's why she is going to a shrink :D
I wonder, what Vala is going to tell the shrink that will make Landry the decision that Vala can stay.
any suggestion?

http://wiki.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/index.php/Season_Ten

No idea...

lissa1000
April 6th, 2006, 10:29 AM
After reading some of the spoilers for season 10, I'm really excited. I can't wait to see how they justify adding Vala to the team.

I think it would be really cool if Vala and Sam became friends. They are very different, so it would be unexpected. I think the antis are afraid Sam will be dropped in favor of Vala, but I can see them working together. There is plenty of room for 2 women on the show.:)

SunKrux
April 6th, 2006, 11:22 AM
After reading some of the spoilers for season 10, I'm really excited. I can't wait to see how they justify adding Vala to the team.

I think it would be really cool if Vala and Sam became friends. They are very different, so it would be unexpected. I think the antis are afraid Sam will be dropped in favor of Vala, but I can see them working together. There is plenty of room for 2 women on the show.:)

Hey lissa1000 - read my sig image. ;) I'm with ya...there's more than enough room for both Sam and Vala! :D They need more girl power on the show. ;)

valaCB
April 6th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I can't wait to see how they justify adding Vala to the team.

Maybe, the reason for her adding is Vala's miracle child - AdriaIt must be it.

I think it would be really cool if Vala and Sam became friends. They are very different, so it would be unexpected. I think the antis are afraid Sam will be dropped in favor of Vala, but I can see them working together. There is plenty of room for 2 women on the show.
I agree. i really want to see some dialog between them.

Aeryn/Vala
April 6th, 2006, 01:04 PM

I agree. i really want to see some dialog between them.

Yeah, definitely more than in Beachhead!!

Vala_Fanboy
April 6th, 2006, 01:09 PM
It was a shame how they treated Vala in "Beach Head" they barely paid any attention to her, and at how she suffered because of it

Formerhost
April 6th, 2006, 01:21 PM

Or perhaps because Vala is going to save Daniel's life and Daniel will definitely tell Landry about it

Formerhost
April 6th, 2006, 01:28 PM
It was a shame how they treated Vala in "Beach Head" they barely paid any attention to her, and at how she suffered because of it

Agree, it was a great shame. And I really think they owe her apology.

valaCB
April 6th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Or perhaps because Vala is going to save Daniel's life and Daniel will definitely tell Landry about it
I don't think it's a major reason for letting her stay.
Bratac(sp) save Teal'c lots of time and he didn't join SGC and another thing, i think Vala prefer to be free in the universe than stay in SGC. It's need to be a decisive reason.

Aeryn/Vala
April 6th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Agree, it was a great shame. And I really think they owe her apology.

A big apology!! Especially because she destroyed the supergate in Beachhead!

lissa1000
April 6th, 2006, 04:22 PM
i think Vala prefer to be free in the universe than stay in SGC. It's need to be a decisive reason.

I agree. I think Vala will need a good reason to join SGC. I can't wait to see what they come up with.:)

Aeryn/Vala
April 6th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I agree. I think Vala will need a good reason to join SGC. I can't wait to see what they come up with.:)

Wouldn't be Daniel a good reason??
Or she needs the help of them to fight her own daughter!

valaCB
April 6th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Wouldn't be Daniel a good reason??
Or she needs the help of them to fight her own daughter!
Sound a good reson. I wonder, how would they learn that Adria is or will be an evil person. i mean she is just a baby. Vala could be raising her out of earth

Aeryn/Vala
April 6th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Sound a good reson. I wonder, how would they learn that Adria is or will be an evil person. i mean she is just a baby. Vala could be raising her out of earth

Yeah but Adria is not a normal human. She grows faster than other so they will find out her evil side very soon!

valaCB
April 7th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Yeah but Adria is not a normal human. She grows faster than other so they will find out her evil side very soon!
You've got a point.
So, we solved the mistery about Vala coming to SGC team? :tealcanime49:

Formerhost
April 7th, 2006, 04:43 AM
You've got a point.

Not sure... :valaanime06:

Aeryn/Vala
April 7th, 2006, 04:52 AM
You've got a point.

Seems so! :mckay:
But I still hope it's because they know Vala is good (in any way) and they really like her!

valaCB
April 7th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Seems so! :mckay:
But I still hope it's because they know Vala is good (in any way) and they really like her!
I really hope so too (She's good! :vala: )

valaCB
April 7th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Has someone read this? Very interesting

Asked what SF works influenced her, Blade Runner crops up. "I saw it for the first time when I was about 10, and then saw the director's cut about 10 years later," Black said.

"I was amazed at how much of it had imprinted on my mind. It was an enormously progressive and intelligent look at the future."

So, where does she see society evolving as humanity enters the space age?

"Without a doubt, space is our future," she said. "The sooner we learn to colonize other planets, the better, since planet Earth isn't going to be here much longer for us."

Indeed, she believes that it may only be through eventual contact with other life forms that man may gain a fuller idea of why he exists. And she doesn't mind borrowing a line from the film Contact to make her point.

"If we really are the only people here, what a waste of space," she said.

Future roles and the role of science fiction

She believes SF movies, books and other forms of entertainment play a crucial role in society, goading humanity to develop knowledge to meet the technological vision.

"Science fiction has enormous influence because it propels people into thinking about how the future will be," she said. "Everything in science fiction seems to come true."

Looking ahead to the day when Farscape or Aeryn Sun proves mortal -- what might Black do then?

"I'd like to do a period piece, or something by David Mamet or Tom Stoppard, and I very much liked Shakespeare in Love," she said.

"Science fiction creates strong roles for women, endowing women with strength and responsibility," she said. "But I wouldn't mind playing the opposite of that, perhaps a romantic comedy."

about the sci-fi, i so believe it's true ("Everything in science fiction seems to come true.")

http://www.space.com/sciencefiction/movies/pitch_black_claudia_000203.html

Formerhost
April 7th, 2006, 10:30 AM
This is really interesting and I guess it's gonna happen in "Morpheus" episode: RobertPicardo.com reports that on "Stargate SG-1," Woolsey will be accused of "some very shocking behavior" toward Claudia Black's character, Vala Mal Doran.

valaCB
April 7th, 2006, 01:23 PM
This is really interesting and I guess it's gonna happen in "Morpheus" episode: RobertPicardo.com reports that on "Stargate SG-1," Woolsey will be accused of "some very shocking behavior" toward Claudia Black's character, Vala Mal Doran.

miserable Vala... :(

Aeryn/Vala
April 8th, 2006, 02:37 AM
about the sci-fi, i so believe it's true ("Everything in science fiction seems to come true.")

http://www.space.com/sciencefiction/...ia_000203.html

Oh dear!

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
April 10th, 2006, 03:57 AM
I appreciate her leather clothes

valaCB
April 26th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Im at work now :samanime15:
Anyway found Vala's bio
http://www.geos.tv/index.php/credits?CharID=15954

Aeryn/Vala
April 26th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Im at work now :samanime15:
Anyway found Vala's bio

Thanks! But there is no bio for Claudia :(

valaCB
April 26th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Thanks! But there is no bio for Claudia :(
She has just joined the cast...maybe they will write her bio in the next days/weeks...

and i found something cool!!!
Someone here loves Firefly? :jack_new_anime07:

Aeryn/Vala
April 26th, 2006, 03:13 AM
She has just joined the cast...maybe they will write her bio in the next days/weeks...
Hope so!!

and i found something cool!!!
Someone here loves Firefly? :jack_new_anime07:

I'm not a Firefly fan! You mean that Morena Baccarin will play the adult version of Adria??!! Read it on Stargate-Project!

valaCB
April 26th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Hope so!!

I'm not a Firefly fan! You mean that Morena Baccarin will play the adult version of Adria??!! Read it on Stargate-Project!
Yes. You can also read it in here http://www.geos.tv/index.php/credits?CharID=15954.
I always thought that she looks like Claudia a lote :)
Morena Baccarin she has a little evilness in her look, don't you think? even in Firefly i think...

I appreciate her leather clothes

Me too :valaanime06:

Formerhost
April 26th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Hope so!!

I'm wondering when Stargate-Project will give us the interview with Claudia they had been collecting questions for a month ago now?

valaCB
April 26th, 2006, 06:49 AM
I'm wondering when Stargate-Project will give us the interview with Claudia they had been collecting questions for a month ago now?
I hope we will see any interview with Claudia

Aeryn/Vala
April 26th, 2006, 09:45 AM

Yeah, me too! I think Claudia is really busy at the moment so it will take some more time!!

aaobuttons
April 26th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Just in case anybody missed it!

Okay Stargate fans! This is absolutely the *last* update before the nomination period ends, so listen up!

Nominations for the Stargate Fan Awards will close on April 30th. That's this Sunday! We've already received so many nominations. It’s really great!

Without spilling the beans too much, Stargate Atlantis is ahead of SG-1 and Slash noms are leading the pack for both. *Now* is the time to send in nominations to be sure that the type of fic that *you* like to read is represented and recognized in the 2006 Stargate Fan Awards!

If *you* don't nominate them, your corner of the fandom won't be properly represented!

Go to: http://www.stargatefanawards.com/index.shtml to enter your nominations and make sure that the fic you enjoy receives the recognition it deserves.

There are only a few more days to submit nominations so what are you waiting for? Go forth and nominate!

valaCB
April 27th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Im at work now and i did some yahoo searching and look what i found
:lol:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=claudia+black%2Bstargate&ei=UTF-8&pstart=1&fr=FP-tab-web-t-333&b=11

click on no. 19 :jack_new_anime06:

Adal
May 1st, 2006, 04:27 AM
I actually really like Vala, and it's for one of the reasons that people cite as to why her introduction makes people nervous. She isn't what we traditionally call 'Stargate'.

I won't say I liked Vala when I first saw her in Prometheus Unbound, more intrigued I'd say when I found out that they were bringing the character back for a 5 week stint. I guess I saw possibilities that were a bit out of the box thinking.

Unfortunately I was disappointed with what was delivered, it was quite slapstick and to me came across crass. I guess I expected the writers to do better, I know they can write some very good stuff. To me it was an opportunity wasted. Oh well I guess we'll both be waiting to see what happens next huh?

valaCB
May 1st, 2006, 04:30 AM
I won't say I liked Vala when I first saw her in Prometheus Unbound, more intrigued I'd say when I found out that they were bringing the character back for a 5 week stint. I guess I saw possibilities that were a bit out of the box thinking.

Unfortunately I was disappointed with what was delivered, it was quite slapstick and to me came across crass. I guess I expected the writers to do better, I know they can write some very good stuff. To me it was an opportunity wasted. Oh well I guess we'll both be waiting to see what happens next huh?
What do you think about Vala in 'CRUSADE'?

Deevil
May 1st, 2006, 04:42 AM
I like your description of Vala.
and i want to add, she will cheat only when she have to and only when she surrounded by new people and not people she care. I think she learned to care and respect SGC.

I don't doubt she would cheat people out of material possesions, not in the least. But I think that's what makes her interesting, that we don't know when we can trust her.

But that being said, I think she has more loyality then she even gives herself credit for, let alone anyone else. So it could be very interesting to see what she does. Conisdering, during her time in the Ori galaxy she could have lived a simple life without being recruited to assist in the fight against the Ori. But she still felt the need to fight them. It wasn't something that many would have expected her to do.

I thought the writers presented us with a very interesting character, with many complexities. I enjoyed that.

But yeah, as you said, we can only wait and see what happens next. None of us know how it's going to go down.

Adal
May 1st, 2006, 04:46 AM
What do you think about Vala in 'CRUSADE'?

That's a difficult question. First you have to understand that I thought the episode was a boring excuse for a clip show. I hate clip shows, they have become a lazy excuse for writers to get an easy episode in while they waste $$$ on SFX on another episode.

Can I say I liked her better but I still did not like her and see how they are going to write the character in next season? I'm still trying to resolve how I see this character which is basically why I'm waiting to see Season 10 before I make up my mind. I see potential, a lot of it, but I guess my main bug bear is I am not too trusting of the writers these days.

The writers had a great opportunity bringing in new characters (hey, they lined up 4 good actors and I was excited) but to me they wasted it because they forgot what Stargate is, the essence of it, what they had spent 8 years building. I guess this is why some of the fan base has become polarised and I seem to be stuck somewhere in the middle not really happy but hoping they get their acts together because I see the possibilities.

<added>
Hey, I just saw Skydiver's post. Should we move this to another thread?

valaCB
May 1st, 2006, 07:08 AM
That's a difficult question. First you have to understand that I thought the episode was a boring excuse for a clip show. I hate clip shows, they have become a lazy excuse for writers to get an easy episode in while they waste $$$ on SFX on another episode.

Can I say I liked her better but I still did not like her and see how they are going to write the character in next season? I'm still trying to resolve how I see this character which is basically why I'm waiting to see Season 10 before I make up my mind. I see potential, a lot of it, but I guess my main bug bear is I am not too trusting of the writers these days.

The writers had a great opportunity bringing in new characters (hey, they lined up 4 good actors and I was excited) but to me they wasted it because they forgot what Stargate is, the essence of it, what they had spent 8 years building. I guess this is why some of the fan base has become polarised and I seem to be stuck somewhere in the middle not really happy but hoping they get their acts together because I see the possibilities.

<added>
Hey, I just saw Skydiver's post. Should we move this to another thread?
There's a 'Vala open fourm' thread, we can continue there or 'The Vala/Claudia Black Discussion & Appreciation Thread

Anyway. i loved this episode very much! I love seeing Claudia acting ability and she was marvelous.
i loved the dynamic betwwen Vala and Tomin and i was really intersting in the story, i really wanted to know what happend to Vala after 'Beachhead'.

but to me they wasted it because they forgot what Stargate is, the essence of it, what they had spent 8 years building. I guess this is why some of the fan base has become polarised

I've seen the whole series and i have to say that season 9 isn't my favourite season. let's hope season 10 will be much more exciting ?
I agree also that season 9 has a different energy than Stargate use to be but it's legitimate. New cast added, RDA out so of course this won't be the classic Stargate. You have to face that reality.

Originally Posted by Deevil
But that being said, I think she has more loyality then she even gives herself credit for, let alone anyone else. So it could be very interesting to see what she does. Conisdering, during her time in the Ori galaxy she could have lived a simple life without being recruited to assist in the fight against the Ori. But she still felt the need to fight them. It wasn't something that many would have expected her to do.

Agree :)

I thought the writers presented us with a very interesting character, with many complexities. I enjoyed that.

Agree completely :D

Skydiver
May 1st, 2006, 10:09 AM
i was asked to move these posts (guessing exactly which ones valacb asked for) out of the 'who's the daddy' thread to this one.

Which is why they're here.

valaCB
May 1st, 2006, 10:34 AM
i was asked to move these posts (guessing exactly which ones valacb asked for) out of the 'who's the daddy' thread to this one.

Which is why they're here.
Thanks Skydiver :zelenka25:

esoap524
May 3rd, 2006, 08:35 PM

Ditto about Sam/Vala. I hate when shows don't pair up the women. In RL, most women in a work situation buddy up with another woman, not a guy...okay, this is Vala we're talking about but still.

It seemed to me that in Beachhead, Vala showed more respect towards Sam than she did to the guys in the preceding outings. I thought that was pretty cool.

I love CB; whatever they do with the character, I hope it doesn't become a caricature or a pale by comparison version of Aeryn Sun (the best female character EVER, imho).

valaCB
May 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Ditto about Sam/Vala. I hate when shows don't pair up the women. In RL, most women in a work situation buddy up with another woman, not a guy...okay, this is Vala we're talking about but still.

It seemed to me that in Beachhead, Vala showed more respect towards Sam than she did to the guys in the preceding outings. I thought that was pretty cool.

I love CB; whatever they do with the character, I hope it doesn't become a caricature or a pale by comparison version of Aeryn Sun (the best female character EVER, imho).
I hope we will see more V/S buddy scenes :cool:
Where did you see that Vala showed more respect towards Sam in Beachhead?
and i think Sam wasn't that nice at all to Vala :mckay:

esoap524
May 4th, 2006, 08:59 PM

I never thought Sam "dissed" Vala--she looked more confused at Vala's presence. I thought the "back-up singer" line, which many Vala-fans see as a dis, was actually quite clever and in line with Mitchell's getting the band back together analogy. And it was certainly a legitimate question from a Lt Col in the Air Force--who IS this person? And why is she here? It would have rung completely false had Carter fallen all over herself over Vala.

In Beachhead, early on when they're all in the gateroom and Carter's going on about something (can't remember what), Vala shows actual interest in what Carter's saying, as opposed to eye rolling, and addresses Carter as "Colonel Carter" with a tone of respect. And, later, when she actually goes off the dismantle the super-gate, she credits Carter with the idea, something to the effect of "it was actually Col Carter's idea." I never thought she gave the guys much credit for brains--Teal'c and Mitchell were just the muscle and Daniel was just fun to annoy. She couldn't play that card with Carter so I think she was just straight up with her.

I'll try to find the quotes I have in mind. Also, in Crusade, Carter seemed as sympathetic to Vala's plight as anyone, possibly more so because she clearly understood the ramifications of a pregnancy under those weird circumstances. At least, that was the vibe I was getting.

I definitely do not want to see a Vala vs Carter campaign or cat fight. There's absolutely no reason why these two interesting, smart and strong women (each in her own way), can't find common ground and understanding.

esoap524
May 4th, 2006, 09:06 PM

Ok, here's the first scene I had in mind, and a lot has to do with Vala's body language/expression more than the actual dialogue:

CARTER: We've revised the original plans slightly to expedite matters. The Prometheus is enroute and will rendezvous with us at P4C-452. We’ll proceed to kalana from there. Now considering their unique ability to maintain an active Stargate indefinitely and their force field capabilities… the President has authorized any and all means to complete the mission.

MITCHELL: Oh boy. *Mutters to Teal’c* And here I was trying to have a nuke free career.

CARTER: We've been developing something at Area 51, that General O'Neill believes will be our best chance to stop them. right here. right now.

VALA: But you don't agree?

CARTER: *licks lips, thinking of the best way to say it* I agree we have to try. I just don't think it'll be enough.

Then, later:

JACKSON: What are you doing?

VALA: Trying to help, Daniel. Someone had to do something and you wouldn't listen. Actually, I got the idea from Colonel Carter. The objects are being held in some sort of energy field like links in a chain and I intend to take the place of the last link.

CARTER: Vala, when that singularity forms, there will be a powerful shockwave. The cargo ship won't survive.

VALA: I'm counting on it. I'll ring back before it hits. Then you can all thank me immensely.

Vala, decloaks the ship and moves it toward the objects.

Carter goes on to point out that Vala's running out of time, then later, she did it and the gate's been destroyed.

Again, there's body language and expression but Carter looks impressed.

valaCB
May 5th, 2006, 12:13 AM
I never thought Sam "dissed" Vala--she looked more confused at Vala's presence. I thought the "back-up singer" line, which many Vala-fans see as a dis, was actually quite clever and in line with Mitchell's getting the band back together analogy. And it was certainly a legitimate question from a Lt Col in the Air Force--who IS this person? And why is she here? It would have rung completely false had Carter fallen all over herself over Vala..
She could said 'Who is she' instead of the "back-up singer" line. It's more nice...

In Beachhead, early on when they're all in the gateroom and Carter's going on about something (can't remember what), Vala shows actual interest in what Carter's saying, as opposed to eye rolling, and addresses Carter as "Colonel Carter" with a tone of respect. And, later, when she actually goes off the dismantle the super-gate, she credits Carter with the idea, something to the effect of "it was actually Col Carter's idea." I never thought she gave the guys much credit for brains--Teal'c and Mitchell were just the muscle and Daniel was just fun to annoy. She couldn't play that card with Carter so I think she was just straight up with her. I'll try to find the quotes I have in mind

Good point. never thought about that. Vala as we know her, knows how to communicate with people and to make contact with Sam is to credit her about her work and to be interesting.

. Also, in Crusade, Carter seemed as sympathetic to Vala's plight as anyone, possibly more so because she clearly understood the ramifications of a pregnancy under those weird circumstances. At least, that was the vibe I was getting.

this scene is A LOT different from the scenes with sam in the first 6 episodes. In this episode Vala is different and she trying to help GWC so , no need for tricks, she's more relax (Even if in her world the Ori maybe will kill her if they found her) that's why i think it was more woman thing than anything else.

I definitely do not want to see a Vala vs Carter campaign or cat fight. There's absolutely no reason why these two interesting, smart and strong women (each in her own way), can't find common ground and understanding.
I agree completely :zelenka25:

valaCB
May 5th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Ok, here's the first scene I had in mind, and a lot has to do with Vala's body language/expression more than the actual dialogue:

CARTER: We've revised the original plans slightly to expedite matters. The Prometheus is enroute and will rendezvous with us at P4C-452. We’ll proceed to kalana from there. Now considering their unique ability to maintain an active Stargate indefinitely and their force field capabilities… the President has authorized any and all means to complete the mission.

MITCHELL: Oh boy. *Mutters to Teal’c* And here I was trying to have a nuke free career.

CARTER: We've been developing something at Area 51, that General O'Neill believes will be our best chance to stop them. right here. right now.

VALA: But you don't agree?

CARTER: *licks lips, thinking of the best way to say it* I agree we have to try. I just don't think it'll be enough.

Then, later:

JACKSON: What are you doing?

VALA: Trying to help, Daniel. Someone had to do something and you wouldn't listen. Actually, I got the idea from Colonel Carter. The objects are being held in some sort of energy field like links in a chain and I intend to take the place of the last link.

CARTER: Vala, when that singularity forms, there will be a powerful shockwave. The cargo ship won't survive.

VALA: I'm counting on it. I'll ring back before it hits. Then you can all thank me immensely.

Vala, decloaks the ship and moves it toward the objects.

Carter goes on to point out that Vala's running out of time, then later, she did it and the gate's been destroyed.

Again, there's body language and expression but Carter looks impressed.
Yup! Very nice. i liked this -VALA: But you don't agree?- :cool:

Aeryn/Vala
May 5th, 2006, 03:04 AM
She could said 'Who is she' instead of the "back-up singer" line. It's more nice...
That was really rude!! :mckay:

Good point. never thought about that. Vala as we know her, knows how to communicate with people and to make contact with Sam is to credit her about her work and to be interesting.
And Sam should get it!!

Me neither!! There is so much potential for a respectful relationship!!!

esoap524
May 5th, 2006, 06:59 AM

Yeah, but it's not nearly as funny. Nope, I liked that line. Showed a little spunk from Sam and a connection with Mitchell.

this scene is A LOT different from the scenes with sam in the first 6 episodes. In this episode Vala is different and she trying to help GWC so , no need for tricks, she's more relax (Even if in her world the Ori maybe will kill her if they found her) that's why i think it was more woman thing than anything else.

I agree completely :zelenka25:

The thing with Vala, I think, is that she knows/knew that whatever manipulations she practiced on the guys were not going to work on another woman, especially not one who's smart and pretty. Vala has no power over her so she's going to have to treat her as an "equal". I don't think she sees the guys as equals, but something she can easily manipulate and push around.

For me, that's interesting because SG1 seems like a "guy-centric" show--the men have the power and Carter just nods and does what she's supposed to, which is right, I guess, given the military setting. Still, it's fun to see a person, especially a woman, who steps outside the box and upsets the status quo. And Vala might also be one who says "listen to Col Carter because she's smarter than the rest of you." When Carter was explaining stuff, there's an awful lot of speed it up looks and eye rolling from the not as technically smart
guys.

At least, I hope Carter and Vala will end up paired up at some point. I love Daniel/Vala but I want to see her interaction extend beyond DJ.

Formerhost
May 5th, 2006, 06:59 AM
That was really rude!! :mckay:

And Sam should get it!!

Me neither!! There is so much potential for a respectful relationship!!!

Exactly. And I want to see this kind of relationship being developed in season 10.

valaCB
May 5th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Yeah, but it's not nearly as funny. Nope, I liked that line. Showed a little spunk from Sam and a connection with Mitchell.

Nope! don't like it. don't care about Sam/Cam connection on account of Vala :mckay:

The thing with Vala, I think, is that she knows/knew that whatever manipulations she practiced on the guys were not going to work on another woman, especially not one who's smart and pretty. Vala has no power over her so she's going to have to treat her as an "equal". I don't think she sees the guys as equals, but something she can easily manipulate and push around.

correct!

For me, that's interesting because SG1 seems like a "guy-centric" show--the men have the power and Carter just nods and does what she's supposed to, which is right, I guess, given the military setting. Still, it's fun to see a person, especially a woman, who steps outside the box and upsets the status quo. And Vala might also be one who says "listen to Col Carter because she's smarter than the rest of you." When Carter was explaining stuff, there's an awful lot of speed it up looks and eye rolling from the not as technically smart guys.

and that's why i love to see more Vala/Sam interact. Girls power :D

At least, I hope Carter and Vala will end up paired up at some point. I love Daniel/Vala but I want to see her interaction extend beyond DJ.
Me too.
I love love love Daniel/Vala as a frienship deal but i really want to see Vala interact with others especially Teal'c :D and some scenes with Jack (PLS!!!)

lissa1000
May 5th, 2006, 09:33 AM
I agree. I don't think there will be any cat fights. It's too cliched. I can see these two polar opposites bringing out the best in eachother or maybe the worst.;)

esoap524
May 5th, 2006, 12:22 PM
I agree. I don't think there will be any cat fights. It's too cliched. I can see these two polar opposites bringing out the best in eachother or maybe the worst.;)

The worst might be a lot of fun. They don't have to always agree or necessarily get along, just like I wouldn't expect Mitchell and Daniel to always agree to get along. I just hope that, whatever their conflicts, they aren't girly in nature.

valaCB
May 7th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Bump with a Q.
What do you appreciate about Claudia? :valaanime03:
Or star any subject about Claudia or Vala to move this thread forward :p

SunKrux
May 7th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Great question valaCB

What do you appreciate about Claudia?

I appreciate that she's very cheeky. I also appreciate (while I might not agree with her choices acting wise) that she sticks to her acting choices and follows through with them. I appreciate that she seems to enjoy playing strong female characters and not those nambypambywimpy type of women we see all to frequently on telly. I also appreciate that she's simply stunning. :D

Next victim? ;)

esoap524
May 7th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Great question valaCB

I appreciate that she's very cheeky. I also appreciate (while I might not agree with her choices acting wise) that she sticks to her acting choices and follows through with them. I appreciate that she seems to enjoy playing strong female characters and not those nambypambywimpy type of women we see all to frequently on telly. I also appreciate that she's simply stunning. :D

Next victim? ;)

I have to agree with this part for certain: I appreciate that she seems to enjoy playing strong female characters and not those nambypambywimpy type of women we see all to frequently on telly. I also appreciate that she's simply stunning

She's got a rich, gorgeous voice. She's a seemingly private person yet is gracious towards her fans and even sang for them at a Farscape convention. She's intelligent, has a sense of humor and is self-deprecating. I went back to watch the hypaspace interview where she pops in during Shanks' interview, which some people really hated, and she makes a comment--"I'm all ears...no, really, I'm all ears." Anyone who's heard her speak in person knows that she's the first to point out that she's not perfect. And I admire and appreciate that as well.

Let me see...hmm...talented. Seems to have integrity in her work. Refuses nude scenes.

Oh, yeah, and the stunning part. Completely agree.

valaCB
May 7th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Great question valaCB

Next victim? ;)

What do you mean 'while I might not agree with her choices acting wise'? :confused: You mean her choice playing Sci-Fi TV? If yes, i agree with you but than again, maybe that what she got as an offer working acting...

valaCB
May 7th, 2006, 07:00 PM
I went back to watch the hypaspace interview where she pops in during Shanks' interview, which some people really hated, and she makes a comment--"I'm all ears...no, really, I'm all ears." Anyone who's heard her speak in person knows that she's the first to point out that she's not perfect. And I admire and appreciate that as well.

What??? :samanime24: I just can't believe it. People just trying to find a reasons to hate her or what???
All i saw, when Michael praise Claudia she was very embarrassed and her saying "I'm all ears" was to cover it!
So much hate :mckay:
I wish for Claudia to move on after season 10 and to make lots of movie and i hope she will make an European movies :D

She's got a rich, gorgeous voice
I love her voice. did you hear her doing commercials? lol http://claudiablacknews.com/claudia/sounds.htm

She's a seemingly private person yet is gracious towards her fans I like that part a lote :cool:

esoap524
May 7th, 2006, 07:07 PM
What??? I just can't believe it. People just trying to find a reasons to hate her or what???

Color me surprised. There's a handful of people out here who just want to be negative about everything. I don't really care; last year they were slamming Ben Browder himself, not just the character. I guess it's Claudia's turn. And let's not forget some of the very nasty comments directed at Amanda Tapping, not the character, but Ms. Tapping herself who also seems very gracious towards her fans.

I give up. Misery loves company and there's a few out there who should create their own little island of woe.

Unhappy people tend to be the minority; most people either don't care about the changes, have already moved on if they didn't like the changes, or are ok with them since it's just a TV show and something diverting to watch on Friday nights. It's the vocal minority. I will not judge the majority of fans by that anti-season 10 thread.

valaCB
May 8th, 2006, 03:47 AM
Color me surprised. There's a handful of people out here who just want to be negative about everything. I don't really care; last year they were slamming Ben Browder himself, not just the character. I guess it's Claudia's turn. And let's not forget some of the very nasty comments directed at Amanda Tapping, not the character, but Ms. Tapping herself who also seems very gracious towards her fans.

I give up. Misery loves company and there's a few out there who should create their own little island of woe.

Unhappy people tend to be the minority; most people either don't care about the changes, have already moved on if they didn't like the changes, or are ok with them since it's just a TV show and something diverting to watch on Friday nights. It's the vocal minority. I will not judge the majority of fans by that anti-season 10 thread.
I agree :vala: :weiranime17:

Formerhost
May 8th, 2006, 05:33 AM
I have to agree with this part for certain: I appreciate that she seems to enjoy playing strong female characters and not those nambypambywimpy type of women we see all to frequently on telly. I also appreciate that she's simply stunning

She's got a rich, gorgeous voice. She's a seemingly private person yet is gracious towards her fans and even sang for them at a Farscape convention. She's intelligent, has a sense of humor and is self-deprecating. I went back to watch the hypaspace interview where she pops in during Shanks' interview, which some people really hated, and she makes a comment--"I'm all ears...no, really, I'm all ears." Anyone who's heard her speak in person knows that she's the first to point out that she's not perfect. And I admire and appreciate that as well.

Let me see...hmm...talented. Seems to have integrity in her work. Refuses nude scenes.

Oh, yeah, and the stunning part. Completely agree.

Agree with every single word :)

ValaMalduran
May 8th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Hm, I don't think I can add anything to why I like Claudia Black. You've said it all.

Regarding Sam and Vala:
I think I've made it known often enough that I want both of them
- to get along
- to have different opinions on things and discuss it like adults (snark can be part of it, but not childish snark)
- to give us the female counterpart to all that testosterone on the show
- to influence one another

All the things that happen in a normal working relationship/friendship.

A.

SunKrux
May 8th, 2006, 11:29 AM
What do you mean 'while I might not agree with her choices acting wise'? :confused: You mean her choice playing Sci-Fi TV? If yes, i agree with you but than again, maybe that what she got as an offer working acting...

No, I totally dig that she's doing SciFi type stuff. I don't agree with the choices she's made in regards to portraying Vala. Let's just leave it at that. I seem to be the only one on this thread that feels that way.

Formerhost
May 8th, 2006, 11:35 AM
No, I totally dig that she's doing SciFi type stuff. I don't agree with the choices she's made in regards to portraying Vala. Let's just leave it at that. I seem to be the only one on this thread that feels that way.

Vala is non-Earth human. She doesn't have to behave like humans from Earth. Why should she? Claudia did more than brilliant job with her character, and yes, you're the only one (too big influence of another thread's members, I think ;) ) who thinks differently.

ValaMalduran
May 8th, 2006, 11:51 AM
I don't know. We have all different tastes in people. Would be a pretty boring world otherwise.

Right, gotta go back to saving world peace. You shouldn't let someone like Kofi wait.
:vortex04:

A.

esoap524
May 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM

No, you're not the only one. There's a couple of moments, especially in "The Ties that Bind", that aren't quite on the mark for me. I don't have a problem with her playing Vala, the character. It's just some bits didn't quite work for me. I never felt that way about Aeryn, as I recall. It was like they found Aeryn walking the streets of Sydney and asked her if she'd like to be in a TV show, that's how in sync I thought that character was.

ValaMalduran
May 9th, 2006, 12:30 AM
At the moment I like her acting choices concerning Vala very much. Granted, contrary to Aeryn I can't identify with Vala, but she's the kind of person that makes me go: "I wish I was more like that."

Wouldn't it be great, if a woman could be that brash and sexually provocative in our world? Without all that talk behind closed doors the moment she's out of the room?

And now on to something completely else:

farscapism made this cap from a new S10 preview. Now that's exactly wat I want to see. Sam and Vala working together. :D

http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=9831.0

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/ValaMalduran/Stargate/zatguns_480x270.jpg

A.

SunKrux
May 10th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Vala is non-Earth human. She doesn't have to behave like humans from Earth. Why should she? Claudia did more than brilliant job with her character, and yes, you're the only one (too big influence of another thread's members, I think ;) ) who thinks differently.

NO one has influenced my thinking, EVER! I resent that you think that. I've always made my own decisions regardless of what or how anyone else thinks. You just don't like that I'm honest about how I feel about Claudia. Just because I don't happen to like some of Claudia's choices with how she's portraying Vala, doesn't mean I don't respect or like her as an actress. I have a much broader mind than several people on this thread.

lissa1000
May 10th, 2006, 06:22 PM
No character or actor is perfect. It's cool with me if you aren't as crazy about Vala as I am.:)

esoap524
May 10th, 2006, 06:22 PM
NO one has influenced my thinking, EVER! I resent that you think that. I've always made my own decisions regardless of what or how anyone else thinks. You just don't like that I'm honest about how I feel about Claudia. Just because I don't happen to like some of Claudia's choices with how she's portraying Vala, doesn't mean I don't respect or like her as an actress. I have a much broader mind than several people on this thread.

Although I don't know you THAT well, SunKrux, I know you well enough to echo that you think your own thoughts, and also that you are an ardent fan of Claudia Black.

Not that you need me to back you up.

I love my children but that doesn't always mean I agree with the things they do.

SunKrux
May 10th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Although I don't know you THAT well, SunKrux, I know you well enough to echo that you think your own thoughts, and also that you are an ardent fan of Claudia Black.

Not that you need me to back you up.

I love my children but that doesn't always mean I agree with the things they do.

Thanks esoap524. Just because I don't worship at the temple of Claudia like some of her fans do, doesn't mean I don't love her for her talent, compassion, passion and cheekiness. I love my family dearly, but have I always liked choices they make, frell no!

It's a shame that some Claudia fans have a problem with any one (Claudia fan or not) expressing the fact that they might not like certain things about Claudia's acting choices on SG1 or in anything else she's done. I mean...I remember a long time ago when on a group for Claudia, I commented that I found it a little disturbing and stalkerish that some fan was waxing rhapsodic about the whiteness of her teeth or some such. I was told it was just in jest...but I still have my doubts about that.

I can accept that some here don't like my views and I'm honestly good with that. I don't hate anyone here. Am I annoyed by some here, you betcha. Are some here annoyed by me, I'd say you betcha. Thing is, I'm not going to hold that against anyone. Are you going to hold it against me? If you do, you're only hurting yourself cause I don't give a flying frell if you like me or my views. :D

Why can't we all agree to disagree on certain things regarding Claudia and this board and not take it to other boards and show only a ONESIDED version of the events? Not very adult or Scaper like imho. What would Claudia think? How would she feel? I'd think long and hard about that before taking any issues you might have with how things here are run to another board. Whether you like it or not, your behavior is looked at by many and sadly it can make others think twice about giving Claudia a chance on SG1 because they'll worry that certain rabid Claudia fans will attack them for daring to say anything they don't agree with in regards to Claudia's performance.

valaCB
May 10th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks esoap524. Just because I don't worship at the temple of Claudia like some of her fans do, doesn't mean I don't love her for her talent, compassion, passion and cheekiness. I love my family dearly, but have I always liked choices they make, frell no!

It's a shame that some Claudia fans have a problem with any one (Claudia fan or not) expressing the fact that they might not like certain things about Claudia's acting choices on SG1 or in anything else she's done. I mean...I remember a long time ago when on a group for Claudia, I commented that I found it a little disturbing and stalkerish that some fan was waxing rhapsodic about the whiteness of her teeth or some such. I was told it was just in jest...but I still have my doubts about that.

I can accept that some here don't like my views and I'm honestly good with that. I don't hate anyone here. Am I annoyed by some here, you betcha. Are some here annoyed by me, I'd say you betcha. Thing is, I'm not going to hold that against anyone. Are you going to hold it against me? If you do, you're only hurting yourself cause I don't give a flying frell if you like me or my views. :D

Why can't we all agree to disagree on certain things regarding Claudia and this board and not take it to other boards and show only a ONESIDED version of the events? Not very adult or Scaper like imho. What would Claudia think? How would she feel? I'd think long and hard about that before taking any issues you might have with how things here are run to another board. Whether you like it or not, your behavior is looked at by many and sadly it can make others think twice about giving Claudia a chance on SG1 because they'll worry that certain rabid Claudia fans will attack them for daring to say anything they don't agree with in regards to Claudia's performance.

I can tell you that i do like Claudia choices and i love Vala a lote!!! that dosen't mean that i think Claudia is the most perfect person. as all of us she has/had her mistake im sure.
But i do like Vala, can you respect my opinion?
Sure you do. lets stay in this level and not complain on what people write or may write in general. if you have someone specific, talk about him or with him. otherwise the otmospire isn't comfortable (for me anyway).

SunKrux
May 11th, 2006, 07:30 AM
I can tell you that i do like Claudia choices and i love Vala a lote!!! that dosen't mean that i think Claudia is the most perfect person. as all of us she has/had her mistake im sure.
But i do like Vala, can you respect my opinion?
Sure you do. lets stay in this level and not complain on what people write or may write in general. if you have someone specific, talk about him or with him. otherwise the otmospire isn't comfortable (for me anyway).

valaCB, I'll respect your opinion if you and your pals respect mine. As for you being uncomfortable, I'm sorry, but know you know how I feel, certain people on this thread make me feel uncomfortable because they don't like that I don't agree with them 100% all the time in regards to Claudia and or Vala.

If we all thought the same, had the same opinions and views, life would be boring and dire. IMHO, life is far more interesting when we all have different views/opinions on things.

travis
May 11th, 2006, 07:38 AM
I think I might add my appreciation for Vala/Claudia.

When I first saw her in Prometheus Unbound I had mix feeling about the character/actress. I didn't hate nor did I like her, basically I didn't care. But then after seeing her in season nine I was like wow I love this character. It was like there was some thing glowing about her that made the other character look like backdrops. The dynamic between her and the other member of SG1 was just to halarious and entertaining for me not to admire her as an actress.
I mean how can you not like her wit and sassyness(my word for sexy, smart, and resourceful). I know some would find it offesive and insulting, but hey each to there own guess.

Having her in season nine made the season so much more enjoyable to watch(IMO).
I rearly rewatch season nine of SG1, but when I do I have to admit I only watch the Vala eps. It was sad when she left after beachhead it just was'nt the same for me.

I'm so looking forwards to having her in season ten as a full time cast member, and man the interation with her and Sam in going to be a treat (I hope).
Every time I look back at the scene in beachhead when Sam said "what's up with the back up singer" and then Vala's reaction just cracks me up and gold in my book.:) ;)

travis
May 11th, 2006, 07:44 AM
valaCB, I'll respect your opinion if you and your pals respect mine. As for you being uncomfortable, I'm sorry, but know you know how I feel, certain people on this thread make me feel uncomfortable because they don't like that I don't agree with them 100% all the time in regards to Claudia and or Vala.

If we all thought the same, had the same opinions and views, life would be boring and dire. IMHO, life is far more interesting when we all have different views/opinions on things.
I just join this thred so the discussion is new to me, but I will say I do respect your opinion and I'm sure other do to.(I hope):)

valaCB
May 11th, 2006, 07:54 AM

You can post and say whatever you like. All im saing don't blame in a collective way. If you have isue with someone talk to him.

I just join this thred so the discussion is new to me, but I will say I do respect your opinion and I'm sure other do to.(I hope):)
:jack_new_anime07:

valaCB
May 11th, 2006, 07:57 AM
I think I might add my appreciation for Vala/Claudia.

When I first saw her in Prometheus Unbound I had mix feeling about the character/actress. I didn't hate nor did I like her, basically I didn't care. But then after seeing her in season nine I was like wow I love this character. It was like there was some thing glowing about her that made the other character look like backdrops. The dynamic between her and the other member of SG1 was just to halarious and entertaining for me not to admire her as an actress.
I mean how can you not like her wit and sassyness(my word for sexy, smart, and resourceful). I know some would find it offesive and insulting, but hey each to there own guess.

Having her in season nine made the season so much more enjoyable to watch(IMO).
I rearly rewatch season nine of SG1, but when I do I have to admit I only watch the Vala eps. It was sad when she left after beachhead it just was'nt the same for me.

I'm so looking forwards to having her in season ten as a full time cast member, and man the interation with her and Sam in going to be a treat (I hope).
Every time I look back at the scene in beachhead when Sam said "what's up with the back up singer" and then Vala's reaction just cracks me up and gold in my book.:) ;)
I agree although in general i didn't like season 9 so much. Let's hope season 10 will be more enjoyable :cool:

SunKrux
May 11th, 2006, 09:38 AM
You can post and say whatever you like. All im saing don't blame in a collective way. If you have isue with someone talk to him.

Well sorry, but the feeling I've gotten from a select few here makes me feel uncomfortable so I'll speak collectively. Sorry if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Back to Vala/Claudia discussion. :)

valaCB
May 17th, 2006, 12:12 PM
http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/conventions/2006_vancouver_creation.shtml

In the Season 9 episode, Crusade, Vala takes over Daniel's body a la the switch in Avalon Part 2 and Origin. She thinks he did such a good job in the locker room checking Mitchell out, has Michael had a lot of practice at looking at Ben Browder's bum?

Michael looks a little... puzzled, and tries to clarify the question. "Do I have any practice in looking at Ben Browder's bum?"

The audience, of course, bursts into laughter.

"Well, ask the girl who played me in the back row," Michael jokes. "Um... all I was doing oddly enough was... because they'd done the episode with David Hewlett who plays McKay on Atlantis where he sort of was all .... where it was the girl inside the man sort of thing... what was the episode called?"

Lots of responses.

"Okay, just one of you... "Duet", yes. They didn't want to do the same thing with us so basically Claudia just did her version or little snippets of it, and I just did whatever she was doing."

Girl says he did it well.

The next fan comments that Michael and Ben Browder have very good comedic timing. He'd like to know if they work on it, or if it just comes about naturally.

He explains that with he and Claudia it's more natural, whereas he and Ben talk through the scenes and work them out a little bit more. Not too much, though, as Ben is "pretty on the ball. We... we work on it on set, we don't go home with each other and you know...look at each other

Just bumping ;)

Aeryn/Vala
May 17th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Just bumping ;)

Thanks

ValaMalduran
May 17th, 2006, 01:09 PM

Just bumping ;)

And what a nice bum-p!

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

A.

lissa1000
May 17th, 2006, 06:24 PM
I'm really looking forward to s10. I can't wait to see what they do with Vala.:)

valaCB
May 17th, 2006, 11:48 PM
And what a nice bum-p!

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

A.

A question
How do you think Vala will merge to SG1 team. Will all of them like her or maybe some will hate her (maybe Cam ;) heheheh)

ValaMalduran
May 18th, 2006, 03:24 AM

A question
How do you think Vala will merge to SG1 team. Will all of them like her or maybe some will hate her (maybe Cam ;) heheheh)

I suppose there'll be a careful approach.
I think in a dangerous (combat) situation they'll trust her. She wouldn't be on the team if they couldn't. But I think in everyday life the others will be a bit more careful and suspicious at first.

A.

valaCB
May 18th, 2006, 12:44 PM
I suppose there'll be a careful approach.
I think in a dangerous (combat) situation they'll trust her. She wouldn't be on the team if they couldn't. But I think in everyday life the others will be a bit more careful and suspicious at first.

A.

Can you give some examples? :D

"drum solo" :jack_new_anime06: hilarious!!! http://claudiablacknews.com/claudia/video/claudia_SG1crusade_03shes_got_the_beat.avi
Do you think it was Claudia's idea or was written in script?

Aeryn/Vala
May 18th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Can you give some examples? :D

"drum solo" :jack_new_anime06: hilarious!!! http://claudiablacknews.com/claudia/video/claudia_SG1crusade_03shes_got_the_beat.avi
Do you think it was Claudia's idea or was written in script?

Dunno! Maybe we will get to know it when there will be a commentary for Crusade on the last volume of s9 DVD!! But it seems that she had a lot of fun doing it!!

ValaMalduran
May 18th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Dunno! Maybe we will get to know it when there will be a commentary for Crusade on the last volume of s9 DVD!! But it seems that she had a lot of fun doing it!!

Well, Claudia likes cooking and Vala probably likes to do something.
Yes, hopefully the commentary will save this mystery.

Can you give some examples?

Who am I? Mystery Meg? :D

I don't think they'll need to be worried about their watches. IMO, Vala wouldn't waste her time with things like that unless she's really bored. She was bored like hell pre TPTB, hence all the extreme innuendo and teasing (which I enjoyed, btw).

I'm talking about personal trust. What would the others tell her about their lives. Would Vala come around to Sam's for a movie, etc...
Just like in real life, these are the things that take time.

A.

valaCB
May 18th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Who am I? Mystery Meg? :D

You'r not??? http://bestsmileys.com/magic/1.gif

I don't think they'll need to be worried about their watches. IMO, Vala wouldn't waste her time with things like that unless she's really bored. She was bored like hell pre TPTB, hence all the extreme innuendo and teasing (which I enjoyed, btw).

I'm talking about personal trust. What would the others tell her about their lives. Would Vala come around to Sam's for a movie, etc...
Just like in real life, these are the things that take time.

A.

again, What interesting me the most is how SGC will get there trust from her and why they should trust her. She save them from the Ori in 9X6 and she has a personal issue with them (Adria) but still she is a thief . They taking a very bid chance here. All for the best i think.

What would the others tell her about their lives. Would Vala come around to Sam's for a movie, etc...

I want to see this !!! Vala on earth with Teal'c, Sam, Daniel and Cam.

valaCB
May 21st, 2006, 06:13 AM
Paul Goddard's CD.

It's great so far.
http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=10125.0
Is Claudia track is 7.'Groove'?

Aeryn/Vala
May 21st, 2006, 06:27 AM
Paul Goddard's CD.

It's great so far.
http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=10125.0
Is Claudia track is 7.'Groove'?

Yes it is!! :D

valaCB
May 21st, 2006, 09:59 AM
Yes it is!! :D
I have just ordered mine :vala:
Claudia's voice is super!

Aeryn/Vala
May 21st, 2006, 11:08 AM
I have just ordered mine :vala:
Claudia's voice is super!
:indeed: It was a little bit weird when I heard it the first time but now it's great!!!

valaCB
May 21st, 2006, 11:11 AM
:indeed: It was a little bit weird when I heard it the first time but now it's great!!!
Yeah... i thought so too at first .

Jazz is my favorite kind of music! :cool:

valaCB
May 25th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Mallozzi talk about Claud's talent
Some spoiler

?I watched Farscape and loved Claudia Black and Ben Browder in it. Claudia is such a gifted actress, but I?d never really seen her do comedy?, explains Mallozzi. ?Her character always tended to be serious in Farscape, and when she guest-starred on Stargate in Prometheus Unbound, as well as in the ninth season episodes last year, it was much the same. However, in Morpheus she has excellent comedic timing. Claudia has the rhythm down and is wonderful opposite a psychiatrist played by Ben Ratner, who also does a great job in the episode. The back and forth banter between them is quite funny.?

http://www.visimag.com/tvzone/t203_feat01.htm

Aeryn/Vala
May 25th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Mallozzi talk about Claud's talent
Some spoiler

http://www.visimag.com/tvzone/t203_feat01.htm

Thanks! Everybody loves Claudia (except her haters) http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/vala/vala15.gif

valaCB
May 27th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I've just "talk" to Paul Goddard, i just love this actor :valaanime04:
http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=10125.100
Here's what he wrote about Claudia's song

PPS - Just checked out claudiablacknews.com so thanks twovalla2go for that plug. Much appreciated. I think Claudia did a great job - as I think I have said here or elsewhere I wrote Groovy especially for her when we were doing Farscape. I had the basic track down - the rhythm - a lot of cut up loops that I'd played around with a la Farboy Slim - and bass but no melody or lyrics and one night I started playing around with some vocals and I started to hear Claudia. I was thrilled when she heard early demos of the other tracks and Groovy and agreed. She's a great lady. Anyhow thanks for the mention.

Aeryn/Vala
May 27th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I've just "talk" to Paul Goddard, i just love this actor :valaanime04:

That's so cool, isn't it?? http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/vala/vala15.gif

ValaMalduran
May 27th, 2006, 12:26 PM
That's so cool, isn't it?? http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/vala/vala15.gif

It's very cool! :cool:

A.

valaCB
May 27th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Yeah, it's COOL :cool: :jack_new_anime18:
I know some of the people or most of them don't like Stark but i do. I can see his heart and i applaud to Paul for his acting!!! It will be intersting to meet him someday.

But but but look what he wrote about Claudia? This woman need to make a CD some day :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/tayson/extra017.jpg

A.L.
May 28th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Don't hate me but I didn't like her at first. Of course my first taste of her was in Promethus Unbound (I think that's the epi). Then I saw her in Farscape and my opinion did a 180. By the time I saw her again in SG-1 at the end of S9 I was liking her very much. She's cool.

AL

ValaMalduran
May 29th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Don't hate me but I didn't like her at first. Of course my first taste of her was in Promethus Unbound (I think that's the epi). Then I saw her in Farscape and my opinion did a 180. By the time I saw her again in SG-1 at the end of S9 I was liking her very much. She's cool.

AL

Hi A.L.! :)

Maybe it's been so much much easier for me to fall in love with the Vala character, because I already new the talent and range of Claudia.
I could trust that she'd take every possibility and use it to full extend.

A.

maxbo
June 3rd, 2006, 04:37 AM
Although I loved CB in Farscape, I wasn't interested in seeing her in SG1 because I hadn't watched SG1 in years. However, the more I heard about Vala, the more curious I was about seeing CB's take on this character. Thankfully, I finally got around to viewing the Season 9 episodes and CB's portrayal of this refreshing character has been a joy to watch.

valaCB
June 3rd, 2006, 04:42 AM
Although I loved CB in Farscape, I wasn't interested in seeing her in SG1 because I hadn't watched SG1 in years. However, the more I heard about Vala, the more curious I was about seeing CB's take on this character. Thankfully, I finally got around to viewing the Season 9 episodes and CB's portrayal of this refreshing character has been a joy to watch.
We know :D . looking forward to season 10. I hope she'll stay an intersting character
Welcome :vala:

valaCB
June 7th, 2006, 08:19 AM
3 promos and Vala/Claudia is there
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29407

ValaMalduran
June 7th, 2006, 09:36 AM
3 promos and Vala/Claudia is there
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29407

Thank you! :D

I've made some screen caps. HERE (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=5377474#post5377474)

A.

silverdamascus
June 7th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Just started on Season Nine, Vala is brilliant! :D First time I've seen her and she is so cool! I'd almost given up on SG1 the past few seasons and now there is bucket loads of hope, yay Vala! :D

valaCB
June 16th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Vala and her unavoidable confrontations with the Ori.
A beautiful clip-art http://claudiamedia.cabspace.com/

lissa1000
July 21st, 2006, 07:54 PM
I left GW because I decided to stop watching sga(too much kirking), but after watching this week's sg1 I had to come back. I love Vala. She was great in this episode. In fact, I would have to say she is easily my favorite character on all the stargates. Maybe coming from a Farscape fan that doesn't mean much. In my defense, I have never been the type to like something just because a certain actor is in it.

LadyBozi
July 21st, 2006, 10:19 PM
Tonight- She was soo cute.. Studying! HAHA..and she had D's password... =P I love when she was lieing during the test. I was Cracking upp...... what can I say? she just want's some Loot! lol

SunKrux
July 22nd, 2006, 11:45 AM
I enjoyed the eps ok. The inkblot test was funny as was the end when she wanted to leave. Especially the "You stop that" and pushing the SGC guy away from her. :lol:

WANTED more SAM/VALA interaction. :(

Imgnryflagdotcom
July 22nd, 2006, 11:57 AM
I enjoyed the eps ok. The inkblot test was funny as was the end when she wanted to leave. Especially the "You stop that" and pushing the SGC guy away from her. :lol:

WANTED more SAM/VALA interaction. :(

Yeah, Vala had some hillarious parts in the ep.

I think Woolsey is going to tread lightly around vala now, after what she said he tried to do at the end of the ep.

During the CB interview that went up last night, CB said that there was a scene with Vala and Sam during Morpheus, but it got cut out.

SunKrux
July 22nd, 2006, 12:05 PM

I think Woolsey is going to tread lightly around vala now, after what she said he tried to do at the end of the ep.

During the CB interview that went up last night, CB said that there was a scene with Vala and Sam during Morpheus, but it got cut out.

I know about that scene. I asked Amanda back in March at the SG con in Vancouver Canada about working with Claudia and she mentioned the cut scene. :( Stupid frellin' horny writers/producers. :rolleyes: They'd rather see t&a than two strong, intelligent woman GETTING ALONG! Morons!

*stomps off*

Farscapefan
July 22nd, 2006, 12:11 PM

Yeah, characters development scenes which don't move the story forward "go to God" quoting Claudia from her interview. Shame really. Let's hope this scene will come back on DVD or SciFi Pulse will put in on-line.

lissa1000
July 22nd, 2006, 02:14 PM
I think the reason I like Vala so much is that she reminds me of Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She's a lovable bad guy with somewhat good intentions. I give tptb and Claudia credit for coming up with such a multi-faceted character.

stargate-princess
July 26th, 2006, 03:28 AM
hey guys! i'm pretty sure this is the thread i was looking for. just wanting to join in on talking about Vala! i love her. she very quickly worked her way up to be defiantly one of my fav characters, if not favorite! i think she's funny, beautiful etc...so yeah, if you guys will have me:o
i probably wont spend hours on this thread like i do for others, because i'm still...learing and liking more about her i guess you could say, where as other characters i have already formed established opinions on. any way. maybe i'll talk soon!

Farscapefan
July 26th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Vala is definitely my absolutely favourite character on the show. But it's Claudia Black who is playing her so wonderfully... :)

ValaMalduran
July 26th, 2006, 03:50 AM
hey guys! i'm pretty sure this is the thread i was looking for. just wanting to join in on talking about Vala! i love her. she very quickly worked her way up to be defiantly one of my fav characters, if not favorite! i think she's funny, beautiful etc...so yeah, if you guys will have me:o
i probably wont spend hours on this thread like i do for others, because i'm still...learing and liking more about her i guess you could say, where as other characters i have already formed established opinions on. any way. maybe i'll talk soon!

Well, the others are 8 1/2 years ahead of Vala, so that's ok. ;)

A.

Willow'sCat
July 26th, 2006, 04:08 AM
Heya just dropping by to say I really like Vala. :vala: I am enjoying her no end on SG-1...

Spoilers SG-1/SGA I can't wait to see her come to Atlantis. No idea what will happen in The Pegasus Project but just having her there should be fun :)

I think the reason I like Vala so much is that she reminds me of Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She's a lovable bad guy with somewhat good intentions. I give tptb and Claudia credit for coming up with such a multi-faceted character.
I never made that link before but I can see it Spike often did and said the wrong thing even though he wanted to say the right thing, and yes he was also looking out for himself, but not always in a bad way... not always. ;) :P

Runciter
July 26th, 2006, 05:09 AM
I love Claudia's voice in that CD, Groovy is a great song. I'm thinking about her music talent and I would like to see Vala singing a song in Stargate. Can you imagine that?. It will be great and very very funny.

Farscapefan
July 26th, 2006, 05:09 AM

I'm not sure whether I agree that Vala is a "bad guy". She's definitely a survivor, doing whatever she can to survive in a rather hostile galaxy. Plus, being a Goa'uld host in the past definitely damaged her a lot. At the end of the day, she is able to do the right thing, like almost sacrificing her life destroying the supergate or taking a shot aimed at Daniel and that's what matters the most.

nunuu
August 9th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Just got through seasons 8 and 9 in SG-1 and I have to say that Vala is a VERY welcomed presence in the series. I adore Claudia Black's character more than ANY other SG-1 character. In fact, she's my favourite character (and I never had one before in the series :P).

Her first appearance in Prometheus Unbound had me rolling on the floor laughing. The conversation on the bridge with Daniel and the "Kull warrior" was classic. Her subsequent appearances in season 9 were an absolute joyride.

One thing that sort of bothered me was the skin-tight outfit during the early episodes of season 9. Must have been painful to wear that thing. :P Looked awesome with the coat on though.

Anyway, cannot wait till I start season 10! :D!

Farscapefan
August 9th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Just got through seasons 8 and 9 in SG-1 and I have to say that Vala is a VERY welcomed presence in the series. I adore Claudia Black's character more than ANY other SG-1 character. In fact, she's my favourite character (and I never had one before in the series :P).

Her first appearance in Prometheus Unbound had me rolling on the floor laughing. The conversation on the bridge with Daniel and the "Kull warrior" was classic. Her subsequent appearances in season 9 were an absolute joyride.

One thing that sort of bothered me was the skin-tight outfit during the early episodes of season 9. Must have been painful to wear that thing. :P Looked awesome with the coat on though.

Anyway, cannot wait till I start season 10! :D!

Welcome aboard! http://bestsmileys.com/waving/6.gif

Yup, that skin-tight outfit during the early episodes of season 9 was definitely painful to wear. Claudia even said in one of her interviews that she hated that outfit.

valaCB
September 1st, 2006, 06:00 AM
I've just read in 'Cameron - Discussion and Appreciation ' . They say that Vala take all his screen time
and the story line...
So sad that the people who i thought were Farscape fan and love Claudia and Ben are thinking ONLY about Ben.
He had his chance in season 9, he was the main character in Farscape , now it's Claudia turn to shine! What wrong with that. :jack_new_anime07: :vala:

nick_fury
September 1st, 2006, 01:33 PM
I've just read in 'Cameron - Discussion and Appreciation ' . They say that Vala take all his screen time
and the story line...
So sad that the people who i thought were Farscape fan and love Claudia and Ben are thinking ONLY about Ben.
He had his chance in season 9, he was the main character in Farscape , now it's Claudia turn to shine! What wrong with that. :jack_new_anime07: :vala:

You tell 'em, girl. Too bad there are few of us anti-Mitchell against those other pro-Mitchell....

Anyway, Claudia shone all the way through from farscape, and her transition here is more fluent than the guy that need to be "the next big lead of the gang". Even O'neill didn't refer to him much in "200". Just a weak link. a weed. a substitute. a..... you catch my drift...

Farscapefan
September 1st, 2006, 01:40 PM
and the story line...

Agree, these Pro-Ben only people are terrible egoists :(

Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel
September 1st, 2006, 03:04 PM
Hi, how's everyone? I was just reading the last few posts here and I just want to say that I agree that Cam shouldn't get more time than Vala. Although, I won't say I'm anti-Cam or anti-Ben (I like him), I just think that, in this show at least, his character isn't more important or likable than Claudia's. It is her turn to shine a little. Not at the expence of the other characters, of course, but as much as them. :)

valaCB
September 2nd, 2006, 12:51 AM
Hi, how's everyone? I was just reading the last few posts here and I just want to say that I agree that Cam shouldn't get more time than Vala. Although, I won't say I'm anti-Cam or anti-Ben (I like him), I just think that, in this show at least, his character isn't more important or likable than Claudia's. It is her turn to shine a little. Not at the expence of the other characters, of course, but as much as them. :)
Agree. and agree with you also FF...
I just have to say that i'm glad that Claudia get out from the Gateworld and will start a new project. at least nobody will hate her by the gaters or some Ben's fans.

Go Claud! :)
I wonder if we wait long until we will see her in a new project (baby and so) I hope not.:D

Farscapefan
September 2nd, 2006, 05:17 AM
Agree. and agree with you also FF...
I just have to say that i'm glad that Claudia get out from the Gateworld and will start a new project. at least nobody will hate her by the gaters or some Ben's fans.

Vala should get her own Stargate show. Her character is not finished yet. I want to see much more Vala's adventures.

valaCB
September 2nd, 2006, 07:19 AM
Vala should get her own Stargate show. Her character is not finished yet. I want to see much more Vala's adventures.

Well, maybe she will kind of ;) http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=12173.0
But i really want to see her in the new series "Caprica". I think BSG is an amazing show :vala:
Or to see Claudia doing some un-scifi roles , that will be refreshing :)

Farscapefan
September 2nd, 2006, 01:06 PM
Well, maybe she will kind of ;) http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=12173.0
But i really want to see her in the new series "Caprica". I think BSG is an amazing show :vala:
Or to see Claudia doing some un-scifi roles , that will be refreshing :)

It would be great to see her on anything BBC. Let's hope she'll get back to London after finishing filming Stargate.

valaCB
September 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM
It would be great to see her on anything BBC. Let's hope she'll get back to London after finishing filming Stargate.
BBC is nice and any other European works is fine by me ;) Or some quality work from USA creators is also nice :D

Farscapefan
September 3rd, 2006, 12:31 PM
BBC is nice and any other European works is fine by me ;) Or some quality work from USA creators is also nice :D

Or Australian... it would be great to see her on Rowan Wood's next big screen movie.

valaCB
September 3rd, 2006, 12:40 PM
Or Australian... it would be great to see her on Rowan Wood's next big screen movie.
I can see that he Direct some Farscape episodes
http://imdb.com/name/nm0940774/

Farscapefan
September 3rd, 2006, 12:51 PM
I can see that he Direct some Farscape episodes
http://imdb.com/name/nm0940774/

Not only directed, he also played fat "Zhaan" in John Quixote episode.

valaCB
September 4th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Not only directed, he also played fat "Zhaan" in John Quixote episode.
Yeah, i know.:)

Travis wrote that maybe Vala will be in the new series.
I don't know what the series will be about. I hope it will be something like Firefly
A group of people who travel via the gate

gbbarb
September 4th, 2006, 11:28 AM
and the story line...

Actually we have been complaining because he hasn't been connected to any of the characters or the story line in a major way. Claudia character has been given a great connection to the story line and Ben can't even be leader otherwise it would upset the Sam fans. We complain because he didn't get what she got. We are not complaining that she got a great role just that Ben didn't also get a great role. They both had great roles in Farscape.

SunKrux
September 4th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Actually we have been complaining because he hasn't been connected to any of the characters or the story line in a major way. Claudia character has been given a great connection to the story line and Ben can't even be leader otherwise it would upset the Sam fans. We complain because he didn't get what she got. We are not complaining that she got a great role just that Ben didn't also get a great role. They both had great roles in Farscape.

The reason Sam fans are not pleased/upset that Cam is now the leader (sort of) is because Sam has been at the SGC and with SG1 for 10 years and then he comes waltzing in and gets commmand. Sam should have gotten it, period. But the writers/producers decided to give into the "male dominated" society mode of thinking and gave it to the "man".

Sadly for Ben, the writers just didn't know what to do with him and it showed in what he didn't get from them and in what he did get. :(

valaCB
September 6th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Yeah! Her character is much more interesting and she can use her acting skill much more. But Stargate is cancel and as much as i like Vala i really glad that we will see other works from Claudia and also Ben.

Drakloyen
September 6th, 2006, 04:39 AM
posted it in the vala WOW thread, sorry wrong thread =)

vizel
September 22nd, 2006, 07:33 AM
I agree with you.

vizel
September 22nd, 2006, 07:44 AM
I've never thought about it, great catch. Spike was my favourite as well as Vala.