Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about the stargate ( reconing spoilers) !! )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about the stargate ( reconing spoilers) !! )

Hi guys I have question for you about reconing season 8.

How can you dial all the stargates at the same time? The ancient weapon on Dakara was fireing destroying all replicators on the surface and in the close region of the planet. If you dial from Dakara the pulse goes through the stargate, to Earth than how can it go to Chulak or Abydos or Kelowna. I thaught that you can get a whormhole connection that you need 2 stargates so how is this possible???
    Lord Zedd

The actual physics of it are a mystery to me. However Sam did ask Ba'al to dial up all the gates simultaneously, apparently he has the knowledge to do so. Afterall Ba'al was the one that made an automatic update spread Felger's virus throughout the whole of the gate system. It is apparently possible to dial up all the gates but I don't think they have ever given an explanation as to exactly how.
    The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
    The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
    Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
    Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus
      The actual physics of it are a mystery to me. However Sam did ask Ba'al to dial up all the gates simultaneously, apparently he has the knowledge to do so. Afterall Ba'al was the one that made an automatic update spread Felger's virus throughout the whole of the gate system. It is apparently possible to dial up all the gates but I don't think they have ever given an explanation as to exactly how.
      yeha but the gates dial themselfs automaticly for an update. Now you dial one gate with the new updates in 5 min you dial another gate while the first gate you dialed dials up another gate and so on and on. But than in Dakara the pulse?? If you compare the stargate like a phone. How can you dial from one phone to everybody in the whole world??
      Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
        yeha but the gates dial themselfs automaticly for an update. Now you dial one gate with the new updates in 5 min you dial another gate while the first gate you dialed dials up another gate and so on and on. But than in Dakara the pulse?? If you compare the stargate like a phone. How can you dial from one phone to everybody in the whole world??
        Some cold callers use a system that dials half-a-dozen phones simultaneously, then they just speak to the first one to answer. We know that the Gates are up to this, anyway; the machine in Window of Opportunity dialled about twenty.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I'm not quite sure how this works either. Imagine you have one gate (On Dakara). It dials. It connects with ALL the other stargates in the Galaxy. If someone was to step through the original Gate (Dakara) where would they end up? Theoretically, you COULD phone everyone in the world as long as they weren't already talking to someone else. And you would be able to talk through to everyone in the world who has a phone. So if you walked through the Dakara gate when it has connected with all the other gates, several things could happen.

1. The person that walks through could somehow be split into hundreds of different clones of themsleves. When the gate pulls apart your atoms, it puts them back together at the other end. But if there are hundreds of 'other ends,' the gate at the other side will put together your atoms and if there are hundreds of gates that do this, then there WILL be hundreds of copies of you. There would no longer be an original version of yourself because all the copies are exactly the same. Then you'd be running into a hell of a lot of problems if hundreds of versions of someone tried to get back 'home.' I hope you understand what i'm trying to say here...

2. Because the gate network normally works by using only two gates, and pulls apart and puts back together your atoms for only ONE end, if there are hundreds of gates that need to do this, they will need to replicate your atoms again in order to make sure that you materialise at the other end

OR

because you need to matelrialise a hundred times, and you only have enough atoms for one materialisation, when you are 'put back together' you will have considerably less atoms than when you started, and you will probably die. Basically, you haven't got enough atoms and molecules to go round a few hundred times. I also hope that you understand what I mean by all this, sometimes I confuse myself...

3. Because the gate never has to put together your atoms multiple times in one go, it might get confused and not do anything with your molecules. So you effectively walk into non-existence because the gate can't handle it, just like walking into the 'swoosh' when a wormhole engages.

These are my theories, if anyone understands what i'm banging on about please post if you agree or not!

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
          - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
          - "I'm taking this loop off..."
          - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
          - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
          - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

I reckon if you were lucky you'd get spat out of a random gate, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea to try stepping through. Most likely if you had a massed network connection then effectively, all of the Gates would have an exit event horizon.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
              I reckon if you were lucky you'd get spat out of a random gate, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea to try stepping through. Most likely if you had a massed network connection then effectively, all of the Gates would have an exit event horizon.
              I think that you would end up in the closest stargate
              Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                I think that you would end up in the closest stargate
                Yeah, i think that makes sense either that or id say it'd be instant death.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I'd say death just because the frequency was transmitted to every gate meaning it was split or copied... That frequency does not require matter so it is easier to copy, but to copy a person for instance, every Stargate would have to get/make mattter to be able to rematerialize. That's pessimistic, I like the idea of nearest gate...

I want to bring up another point though, could Ba'al have set the gate to open 8 Chevrons? Meaning opening to other galaxies... so that Ida is clear of replicators? I figure the power requirement is fulfilled since so many gates are open that the power becomes a pool for every Stargate to use.

Comment

Here's a theory. Dialing from one stargate to another is like making a phone call. So dialing all the stargates in the galaxy at once would be like making a conference call to every office in a building. There's probably a failsafe in the gate that keeps you from dialing multiple gates, so you don't send your body in pieces to a bunch of different planets or make copies of yourself.

Get rid of the failsafe, and you can create a wormhole to every gate. It's like getting a special report or an emergency message on TV. There's one source for the transmission, but everyone in the network get's the same signal.

There, I think that went pretty well. (Looks smug...)

Comment

I don't think the gate would have a failsafe because the multiple dialing sequence isn't part of it's original function so NONE of the gates would have known how to 'cope' and probably would have registered as an unknown error. Because Ba'al created the multiple dial and the Stargates have never experienced the problem before, there wouldn't be a failsafe to protect therefore a lot of crazy stuff could theoretically happen like I said in my above post.

By the way, has anyone READ my post earlier or was it too long or too complicated?

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
                      - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
                      - "I'm taking this loop off..."
                      - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
                      - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
                      - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

Working...
                      X