This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remake Blake's 7

since the return of DOCTOR WHO in its new modern format has been such a huge success, do you think another iconic UK scifi series such as BLAKE'S 7 can be remade for the 21st century? i would love to see a decent modern adaptation(though not as extreme as BSG) as i think it was one of the best scifi series of all time IMHO. and in today's film & TV market you dont absolutely need the US to be a success.

Hollywood now relies on the ROW for half of its revenue and so many movies do better in Europe than they do in the US(Troy, King Arthur, Harry Potter, Alexander, The Last Samauri etc) and TV series are heavily reliant on non-american revenue to survive as they may not get the ratings in the US to survive on their own( The X-Files is a good example). basically i think the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand & South Africa makes a good sub-market(especially for BBC productions) and if the Americans dont want to buy the programs well then that shouldnt be seen as a stopper on any big scifi project.

I heard a couple years ago that either Darrow or Keaton (Vila and Avon) had bought the rights and were trying to get something new going.

Nothing other than that.

It's a classic show and I think it would succeed well updated, because it was not cheesy or too dated by the politics of the time...the basic concept doesn't need much tweaking. Just have to convince the producers that Blake's crew are not all nice people and not to do a Trek and keep it true to it's roots.

I'd love to see it happen.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I also heard Paul Darrow (Avon) bought the rights to the series but have not heard anything further on it. Maybe there is a money factor involved.

I would be interested to see them updated the show with the new tech we have for making tv and movies. I just hopee if they do that they leave the show intact. While I am glad people are enjoying the new Battlestar Galactica, I miss the show I watched.
      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
      Individuality is freedom lived.
      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Working...
      X