Alien power sources.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien power sources.

I figure there's alot of topics on the ZPM:s, however there's not many on all the other power sources. So I decided to create a topic where you're free to speculate on how alien power sources work. I'll go first.

Asgard Neutrino-Ion Generators
    SPECULATION:

I guess Neutrino-Ion Generators could be compared to a Neutron star, or a regular star if you want to.

First the Asgard pump a room full of Ions. Then they introduce electrons and a very high pressure. Under high pressure protons and electrons merge and create a neutron and neutrino.
    So perhaps Asgard reactors first merge protons and electrons and then the neutrinos are either absorbed by some material/field or the neutrinos themselves merge or interact with other particles and start another chain reaction.

The neutrons that are left might interact with Naquadah or something just like neutrons interact with Uranium during Fission. Or they are used for another unknown reaction.

The Asgard might run the plasma in a Fusion reactor before merging the protons and electrons for a little more energy. This could be compared to a supernova. The dying star bleeds of insane amounts of energy in the form of neutrinos.

Or they have a few billion hamsters on wheels. It would explain the size of the Asgard motherships, and why only one Asgard(Aesir?) seems to be on one at once. Not enough food for the billion and two of them...
    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
    LANDRY
    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
    Mmm... Green...

Comment

I thought that other gates provided their own power source (Naquida) and didn't need a third party to power the gates, but they kind of ran off themselves? I'm sure there are some worlds that have the same problem as Earth, maybe they use nuclear power or old fashioned gun powder, petrol, oil, fire etc.

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
      - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
      - "I'm taking this loop off..."
      - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
      - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
      - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

Originally posted by captain_kirk999
        I thought that other gates provided their own power source (Naquida) and didn't need a third party to power the gates, but they kind of ran off themselves? I'm sure there are some worlds that have the same problem as Earth, maybe they use nuclear power or old fashioned gun powder, petrol, oil, fire etc.
        The gates need an outside power source. A DHD will suffice, but the SGC had no DHD to start, and I bet a few other worlds have run into that problem,too.
        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
        VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
        MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
        LANDRY
        : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
        Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
        Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
        Mmm... Green...

Comment

what about the ion drives from hebridians?
          Those who know the truth must rise up boldly and be a light into the darkness, if the truth bearers stay quiet, then the lost are already gone.

Comment

Ion Drives are just engines.

Comment

I want to know more about Tollan technology, there were no chips or circuts or power sources in those arm things that they had.

Owen Macri

Comment

me too because the tollan use no moving parts so they can not be backwards engineered

Comment

Hey, Buckner, I haven't seen you on in a while. I wouldn't necesarily agree that there technology couldn't be backwards engineered, If Tollan technology is just one piece than you canuse whatever materials required to make that one piece. But either way there technology is indeed intriguing (did I spell that right?), I would like to hear more about how it works.

Owen Macri

Comment

the tollan said they made it with no moving parts to make it hard to backwards engineer, I havnt seen you in a while I am on every day but do not post much

Comment

First of all, THANK YOU FOR POSTING, I was getting so bored, no one was posting in the science and tech section and i've pretty much shut down most of the threads. Any ways, yes, I agree Tollan technology could be incredibly hard to backwards engineer, but with the Tollans' help it would be incredibly easy, and with enough time it could be backwards engineered, without their help either. It would just be very hard.

Owen Macri

Comment

If you aren't busy could you look at my other posts and do your hardest to find any holes in them so I will have someone to discuss them with.

Owen Macri

Comment

sure

Comment

Thank You!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                              First of all, THANK YOU FOR POSTING, I was getting so bored, no one was posting in the science and tech section and i've pretty much shut down most of the threads. Any ways, yes, I agree Tollan technology could be incredibly hard to backwards engineer, but with the Tollans' help it would be incredibly easy, and with enough time it could be backwards engineered, without their help either. It would just be very hard.

Owen Macri
                              I dont think that the tollan would help us, I wonder how they get power to their devices because they are so small yet do amazing things.

Comment

Working...
                              X