PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Atlantis Official Companion

TheWarrior
April 10th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Just been browsing Amazon.co.uk online and found this. I have also located it on a UK bookstore site.

It is the Season 1 companion to Stargate Atlantis, below is the cover art and the link to Amazon.co.uk.

The price on Amazon.co.uk is £9.09

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1845761162.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1845761162/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_f/202-4621384-8051842

Hywel
April 10th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Oh dear - it seems like Titan books will be releasing a companion for each series, unlike the SG-1 books where it's one every two series. While that's good for impatient fans, it'll be quite a bit more expensive - and how come the companion to SG-1 for the last two seasons is cheaper than the companion to one series of Atlantis? Good job I'm one of the impatient fans :p .

TheWarrior
April 10th, 2005, 10:07 AM
The price iis a mystery - the price for the new Atlantis might be more than the new SG-1 book because the Atlantis books are Brand New while this is the fourth SG-1 book.

I don't know if I will buy this just yet - I mean I might wait until Season 2 has aired to see if they release a book with both season 1 and 2 in.

Elite Anubis Guard
April 10th, 2005, 10:57 AM
The price iis a mystery - the price for the new Atlantis might be more than the new SG-1 book because the Atlantis books are Brand New while this is the fourth SG-1 book.

I don't know if I will buy this just yet - I mean I might wait until Season 2 has aired to see if they release a book with both season 1 and 2 in.
cover arts nasty but i shall be getting it. I forgot to buy the other companions for sg1, i only have the first.

knocknashee
April 10th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Ugh, Amazon aren't doing their business any favours with such crap scans of the products they are selling...

I might have to get this, seeing as I never bothered with the SG1 ones - just to see what they're like...

Elite Anubis Guard
April 11th, 2005, 08:18 AM
I be will be getting it aswell, I was just commenting on the naff cover art!

Atlantis1
April 14th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I went ahead and preordered it. I am very impatient. :)

TheWarrior
June 16th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Amazon.co.uk Review:

First there was the blockbuster Stargate movie, then the smash hit TV series Stargate SG-1 (now entering its ninth season), and now there's the equally successful spinoff show: Stargate Atlantis! A new Stargate team embarks on a dangerous mission to a distant galaxy, where they discover a mythical lost city and a deadly new enemy - the Wraith. New characters, new planets, new alien encounters: but the same irresistible brand of Stargate adventure! Here's the official companion to the first season, packed with behind the scenes interviews, an episode guide and scores of photos, including a 16pp colour gallery.

knocknashee
June 16th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Oh dear - it seems like Titan books will be releasing a companion for each series, unlike the SG-1 books where it's one every two series. While that's good for impatient fans, it'll be quite a bit more expensive - and how come the companion to SG-1 for the last two seasons is cheaper than the companion to one series of Atlantis? Good job I'm one of the impatient fans :p .

LOL...you think that's bad Hywel? I was in MVC today getting the latest SGA DVD when I spotted one of those companions for SG1. The price on the cover was £20!!! :eek:

TheWarrior
July 19th, 2005, 09:19 AM
The Release Date is this Friday - the same date as the SG-1 book.

TheWarrior
August 17th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Has anyone bought this book yet?

Also - Amazon.co.uk have updated the cover art - much clearer now.