This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amityville Horror

this movie is also coming out soon, and it actually looks pretty scary. since i live about 20-25 minutes away from Amityville i'll probqaly be seeing this movie for fun. another remake of the original.

the story (which is true btw) goes like this: this guy goes crazy and kills his whole family in their beds. he later claims he was possessed. another family moves in b/c they bought the house so cheap. they dont know about the murders then creepy stuff happens and they soon leave the house.

-btw the house still stands, and people currently live there.

Originally posted by defina91rvc
    this movie is also coming out soon, and it actually looks pretty scary. since i live about 20-25 minutes away from Amityville i'll probqaly be seeing this movie for fun. another remake of the original.

the story (which is true btw) goes like this: this guy goes crazy and kills his whole family in their beds. he later claims he was possessed. another family moves in b/c they bought the house so cheap. they dont know about the murders then creepy stuff happens and they soon leave the house.

-btw the house still stands, and people currently live there.
    Two years ago, my family and I were on Long Island and found the house on Ocean Street in Amityville. The current family, the ones before them, had the house redone and the spooky windows were changed to more square windows and address was changed to avoid all the gawkers and curious ppl. It still gave me the creeps. However, the current owners, and the owners even after the Lutz family left, said they never had anything weird happen and the Lutz family made it up to get outta their mortgage or something.

I dunno what the truth is, but I'd like to see the house again and even go in it. Is the new movie supposed to scarier or something?

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
      Two years ago, my family and I were on Long Island and found the house on Ocean Street in Amityville. The current family, the ones before them, had the house redone and the spooky windows were changed to more square windows and address was changed to avoid all the gawkers and curious ppl. It still gave me the creeps. However, the current owners, and the owners even after the Lutz family left, said they never had anything weird happen and the Lutz family made it up to get outta their mortgage or something.

I dunno what the truth is, but I'd like to see the house again and even go in it. Is the new movie supposed to scarier or something?

i dunno about the movie, but its newer so i would expect the special effects and wat not to make it scarier. as for living in the house, i wouldnt want to regardless if its haunted, just b/c of the murders that happened there. i would like to go inside the house though

Comment

Yeah I saw a trailer for this the other day. Looks quite scary, I'll probably go see it soon

Comment

just a thought, but i beleive that the family that lives in the house now could make quite a lot of money by psychics and stuff come to the house to build publicity for the movie.

i guess they just want to be left alone, but what do you expect when you buy a house thats been the focus of so many movies.

Comment

For a detailed background on the Nov 1974 murders in the Amityville house, including graphic crime scene photographs, go to: http://www.amityvillemurders.com/

Comment

I thought about this movie for a whole three seconds in the theater, but then decided against it because I'm a bitter ALIAS fan who got extremely mad about Melissa George's involvement with the show. The moment I saw her in the ad, I was like, "but I'm sick of her!" Unfair to the actress? Yes. Can I help it? Not really.

Comment

Speaking of Melissa George - she was just on Rove Live - an Australian variety show a couple of seconds ago. Her accent is a strange variation on the Australian accent.

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
                  I thought about this movie for a whole three seconds in the theater, but then decided against it because I'm a bitter ALIAS fan who got extremely mad about Melissa George's involvement with the show. The moment I saw her in the ad, I was like, "but I'm sick of her!" Unfair to the actress? Yes. Can I help it? Not really.
                  That's really mature -- boycotting a movie because of an actress' involvement in another production. And to think you told me to grow up in your red rep comment

Comment

Working...
                  X