This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we can go almost anywhere

whoa this just came to me. in 48 hours we learned that if a gate made contact with another can, the lost power, hte dhd on the otherside would then finish the transferrance. well as we learned in Letters from pegasus we can establish a 8 chevron dial for a limited time. so if we can establish a wormhole to a gate with a dhd in another galaxy we should be able to get almost any where with a gate. mindblowing is it not?

I think that that only applies outside of Pegasus. The Atlantean Ancients probably reprogrammed the Pegasus Gate network so that it would need a "Phone Card" in order to accomplish the task. The only Phone Card known to exist is the property of the Tau'ri.

Also, it requires the two DHDs to be feeding power to each gate at the same time.

I think that the Pegasus gates were the types of Stargates that you'd find on e-Bay.
    Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

in 48 hours it was stated in 48 hours that if for some reason one dhd was not able to give the needed energy and something was being transfered that the other dhd would compensate finishing the travel.and now that atlantis is more accesable we can figure out someway to synthesize the "phone card"

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
        in 48 hours it was stated in 48 hours that if for some reason one dhd was not able to give the needed energy and something was being transfered that the other dhd would compensate finishing the travel.and now that atlantis is more accesable we can figure out someway to synthesize the "phone card"
        The Phone Card only has a use in Pegasus. It carries the nessasary codes that would allow a Pegasus gate to dial other galaxies.

When Atlantis gets the ZPM installed, we will be able to go there from the Alpha Site. The Alpha Site Stargate is probably also used to study the gate system, since the gate there has both a DHD and an SGC Dialer.
        Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
          whoa this just came to me. in 48 hours we learned that if a gate made contact with another can, the lost power, hte dhd on the otherside would then finish the transferrance. well as we learned in Letters from pegasus we can establish a 8 chevron dial for a limited time. so if we can establish a wormhole to a gate with a dhd in another galaxy we should be able to get almost any where with a gate. mindblowing is it not?
          Thats assuming that the DHD has enough power to sustain the wormhole, and that we have enough power to initially gate there, and that we have the gate address, and that we have enough time to power the gate to get everyone through. Thats another thing that bugs me. The Atlantis team took forever to get through the gate. If they had hurried, wouldnt the SGC have a still working ZPM?
          JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
          VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
          MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
          LANDRY
          : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
          Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
          Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
          Mmm... Green...

Comment

Perhaps. Although it's just as possible that the ZPM was too drained and that's what drained the ZPM remaining in Atlantis.

I think it was McKay that said that they should have had enough energy to maintain the shields another 100 years until they showed up. I find it a stretch to think that the lights and life support and the like used as much power in a few hours (or even days maybe) as maintaining the shields against hundreds of thousands of tons of water would in 100 years. Rather, it seems more plausable that Atlantis was forced to supply most of the energy to maintain the open wormhole and THAT is what drained the rest of the ZPM.

Comment

I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying could you please clarify.

Owen Macri

Comment

why cant the team dial earth and then get them(SGC) to compensate? or vice versa
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

You mean, why can't Atlantis dial Earth and have Earth supply the power for the wormhole? Technically they can, but Earth dosn't have enough power to sustain the wormhole either. If Earth had a ZPM that was constantly connected to the gate than when Atlantis dialed the gate to Earth, the gate would draw power from the Earth ZPM, but Earth dosn't have a viable power source as of now.

Owen Macri

Comment

Really if you think about it, earth and Atlantis have the two most important gates. The ones that the Ancients used, who really knows what kind of powers that we have with our gate. Time will tell.

Comment

Actually the gate that earth currently uses, with the point of origin as the pyrimid thing with the sun, was brought to earth by Ra, the one that we blew up in Revalations (i think, season 6 premier) was the gate that the ancients originaly put on earth. but when you think about it the ancient "really used" all of the gates, they probably had outposts on every world.

Owen Macri

Comment

congrats 350, well maybe I can make it for the second time

Comment

thank you, and if we keep having discussions like this it shouldn't take you to long.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                          X