This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacob Appreciation Thread

I tried searching for one and no success...so either there is one and i'm too stupid to figure out the searching system on gateworld forum, or there isnt one!

i mean...though when i think about it...why isnt there a jacob appreciation thread? jacob is one of the best characters in stargate in my opinion. he brought i dunno...a warm fuzzy feeling to the show, and the spats he would have with jack were just too funny.

i mean the idea of having your father as a tok'ra...its brilliant! who here likes jacob too?

Spoiler:
    of course they had to kill him off though...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Yeah finally a thread about Jacob now why didn't I come up with that Have you seen threads season 8 ? I like Jacob because he is wise and I liked him from the beginning, except the part he was being a bit pushy about getting Sam into NASA I guess that Selmak changed him in a new man
    Lord Zedd

Comment

too bad RCC had to kill him to push his stupid ship

Comment

I thought it was kind of funny when he was going on at Sam about joining NASA considering what she was already doing by then

I've said this before, but as it's relevant I'll say it again...Jacob is just about the only Tok'ra that I don't get the urge to punch

Comment

i agree! i love jacob in every ep...like he's a pretty down to earth person, compared to alot of characters in the show. and i think the actor does a great job too =)

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
          Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
          Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

YAY for Jacob. i always thought that he was really cool. and i loved how much you could see that he loved Sam . so he's really cool
            Save us from danger, save us from evil
            Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by Willow
              I thought it was kind of funny when he was going on at Sam about joining NASA considering what she was already doing by then
              I agree! But then I'm biased as my dad was career military and I found it very easy to relate to Sam's predicaments with her father. Especially the scene in Enemies below:

JACK: Excuse me. I distinctly remember someone saying "We're not gonna make it!" I think we made it.
              JACOB: I'm sorry, I overreacted. At the time it seemed we weren't gonna make it.
              JACK: Yes! Well, next time, maybe we'll just wait and see.
              JACOB: (Sarcastically) And blow the last chance I'll ever have to being right?
              JACK: (As Jacob passes by him) What?
              SAM: (Laughing) (Following Dad.) Welcome to MY life!

Originally posted by Willow
              I've said this before, but as it's relevant I'll say it again...Jacob is just about the only Tok'ra that I don't get the urge to punch
              Well, I can't say I never felt like he deserved one ONCE in a while. But he was always so darned lovable...

Comment

I always found that Jacob/ Selmak was an examplery man. He told Jack to give Carlie to the Tok'ra so that he could live on. It is thanks to Jacob/Selmak that the alliance between the Tok'ra and the Tauri has lasted that long.
                Lord Zedd

Comment

RIP Jacob/Selmak...

although i think i remember seeing a thread about this before

Comment

I have never seen a thread like it before perhaps you can find it
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

So after six years of appearing on the show NOW Jacob gets an appreciation thread...
                      Spoiler:
                      after he's dead! Man, do we have bad timing or what? Jacod was my favorate SG character (before Atlantis) and TPTB HAD to kill him off to do what? forward a stupid ship thats what! sorry I just really hated to see him go and not even die in a blaze of glory like Fraiser.
                      Last edited by GatetheWay; 08 April 2005, 01:34 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                        So after six years of appearing on the show NOW Jacob gets an appreciation thread
                        Spoiler:
                        after he's dead! Man, do we have bad timing or what? Jacod was my favorate SG character (before Atlantis) and TPTB HAD to kill him off to do what? forward a stupid ship thats what! sorry I just really hated to see him go and not even die in a blaze of glory like Fraiser.
                        exactly but hey, life's not always fair.
                        Save us from danger, save us from evil
                        Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

I've always liked Jacob. I think he was right when he said that Selmak would smooth some of his rough edges. I like the Jacob/Selmak scene in Seth where we find out Selmak wanted Jacob to make up with his son. Jacob says to Sam something like "Selmak's pushing it." *That* has got to be interesting. Also I think Jacob helped keep Selmak more down to earth and less arrogant than the other Tokra. Carmen A. does a great job.

Comment

I miss Jacob. He was my favourite Tok'ra.I saw Threads and
                            Spoiler:
                            well TPTB killed Jacob/Selmak He was ill. Selmak went into a coma after Reconing.I bet they are going to start killing Bra'tac in season 9
                            Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                              too bad RCC had to kill him to push his stupid ship
                              O.K., I've looked for the rationale for offing Jacob, but the search function here is so limited that separating the wheat from the chaff.

What 'ship, and who is RCC?

Comment

Working...
                              X