Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Kind Of Weapons Do We Need For Wraith.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Kind Of Weapons Do We Need For Wraith.

Anyone Have Any Good Ideas To What Type Of Weapons We Need For Fighting The Wraith.

Something with actual stopping power like a shotgun or for that nostalgic charm how 'bout a tommy gun. They could even go the bargain basement route and just load up on chopped or collapsable stock AKs.

This half a clip per Wraith goon stuff has got to stop.

Spoiler:
    looks like it might already have got Everett killed

Comment

may be a weapon that leaves a big enough hole for them no to be able to regenerate. but i think 2 shots with a zat would do it

Comment

Yeah I wonder if now the reinforcements have arrived, they brought zats with them. I hope so because I always wondered why they don't use the zats. I thought that the zats have become standard SG-unit weapon when they go off world
        Lord Zedd

Comment

The only weapon that is needed is a ZPM powered Twinky!!!! That should get the Wraiths attention

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Jago
            The only weapon that is needed is a ZPM powered Twinky!!!! That should get the Wraiths attention
            lol
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Right now they're fighting the wraith with P90s and using 9mm pistols (berettas) as sidearms.

Beretta 9mm pistols are quite puny, my grandma could easily take a shot from a 9mm pistol. So it's no surprise it that it takes more than 2 clips to take down your standard wraith. Instead of using berettas they should be using desert eagles with .50AE ammo. Desert eagles are known as ridiculously powerful hand guns.

"Desert Eagle .50AE"

Although P90s have excellent armor penerating capabilities for submachine guns (which is probably why they were adopted in SG1), they are still only a submachine gun. We've seen a lot of M4 carbines on the atlantis base that some soldiers use. If off world teams could use those it'd be a big step up but not enough IMO.

I think they should replace the P90s with FN Minimi which would be able to turn enemy wraiths into various meat products in no time. You could also try a USAS-12 automatic shotgun with 20 rounds drum magazine, you probably wouldn't be able to identify the wraith's corpse after that.

"FN Minimi"

"USAS-12 automatic shotgun with 20 rounds drum magazine"

As a sniper rifle they should use the Barrett M82A1 with .50 BMG ammo, which should blow hole right through a wraith's head and into the wraith behind it and so on and so forth.

"Barrett M82A1"

Some people say that stargate uses P90s over heavier guns because they look high tech. Well if we want to go with high tech and also keep damaging effectiveness up why dosen't the atlantis team use the XM29 OICW or XM8 which are real life high tech assult rifles. Perfect for the high tech look of stargate IMO.

"XM8 carbine"

"Some army guy firing XM29 OICW"

If all else fails just use one of those nifty rail guns.

Comment

Originally posted by jsw
                Anyone Have Any Good Ideas To What Type Of Weapons We Need For Fighting The Wraith.
                The Holy Hand Grenade.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

those machine guns look like they can defeat the wraith at close combat the para model and the spw model just pump the wraith full of that they wont get back up

Comment

I've been saying they should start using 50cal sniper rifles (I recommended the Barrett M82A1) for months now. But the people on the forum thought it would be too heavy

Comment

How about Bio-weapon like the ones Hoffans developed with our help I know it was not designed to be weapon but it evolved into one. We have enemy we cannot negotiate peaceful solutions with. If we don’t kill them they will certainly kill us.
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

How about Staff Weapons or Wraith Based weapons that they captured ?
                        I am also thinking a M203 with buckshot would stop them in their tracks.

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman
                          How about Staff Weapons or Wraith Based weapons that they captured ?
                          I am also thinking a M203 with buckshot would stop them in their tracks.
                          Wraith weapons stun people they don’t kill people, the last thing you want to do is stun a wraith and take your eyes off him for minute next thing you know he will be feeding upon you.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by WraithSteve
                            Right now they're fighting the wraith with P90s and using 9mm pistols (berettas) as sidearms.

Beretta 9mm pistols are quite puny, my grandma could easily take a shot from a 9mm pistol. So it's no surprise it that it takes more than 2 clips to take down your standard wraith. Instead of using berettas they should be using desert eagles with .50AE ammo. Desert eagles are known as ridiculously powerful hand guns.

"Desert Eagle .50AE"

Although P90s have excellent armor penerating capabilities for submachine guns (which is probably why they were adopted in SG1), they are still only a submachine gun. We've seen a lot of M4 carbines on the atlantis base that some soldiers use. If off world teams could use those it'd be a big step up but not enough IMO.

I think they should replace the P90s with FN Minimi which would be able to turn enemy wraiths into various meat products in no time. You could also try a USAS-12 automatic shotgun with 20 rounds drum magazine, you probably wouldn't be able to identify the wraith's corpse after that.

"FN Minimi"

"USAS-12 automatic shotgun with 20 rounds drum magazine"

As a sniper rifle they should use the Barrett M82A1 with .50 BMG ammo, which should blow hole right through a wraith's head and into the wraith behind it and so on and so forth.

"Barrett M82A1"

Some people say that stargate uses P90s over heavier guns because they look high tech. Well if we want to go with high tech and also keep damaging effectiveness up why dosen't the atlantis team use the XM29 OICW or XM8 which are real life high tech assult rifles. Perfect for the high tech look of stargate IMO.

"XM8 carbine"

If all else fails just use one of those nifty rail guns.

dont you need to consider that sg teams are supposed to scout ahead and stuff, and taking these overly powerful guns kind of limits there mobility a little, at least with there p90's they can run, turn, take a shot and keep on runnin

Comment

Originally posted by WraithSteve

"Barrett M82A1"

"XM8 carbine"

Holy ****, look at those beasts of a weapon. And heres me loving P90s when theres awesome weapons like, I mean comeon, that last weapons like something they'd have in Starship Trooper, that beast must pack a punch!

Here have a rep point!
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X