This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 Weaponry

I was watching a season 1 episode earlier and notived that SG-1 was just using MP-5 submachine guns. What other (earth)weapons have been primary arms for SG teams, and does anyone know why they switched to the P90's besides the kevlar-defeating bullets they fire and aesthetic purposes?

so far, I've been able to think of: M249 SAW, SPAS-12, M-4, MP-5, P90, and Tippmann Pneumatic 68 carbine paintball guns that they call tranquilizer guns.

oh, and those m-16 looking assault shotguns

anything else?

-Chachi
    Hermiod: "Crap indeed!"

Originally posted by Chachi
    and does anyone know why they switched to the P90's besides the kevlar-defeating bullets they fire and aesthetic purposes?
    Because they are so much better, and waay cooler And the kevlar-defeating bullets should be reason enough

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi
      I was watching a season 1 episode earlier and notived that SG-1 was just using MP-5 submachine guns. What other (earth)weapons have been primary arms for SG teams, and does anyone know why they switched to the P90's besides the kevlar-defeating bullets they fire and aesthetic purposes?

so far, I've been able to think of: M249 SAW, SPAS-12, M-4, MP-5, P90, and Tippmann Pneumatic 68 carbine paintball guns that they call tranquilizer guns.

oh, and those m-16 looking assault shotguns

anything else?

-Chachi
      Those M-16 looking shotguns are USAS automatic shotties

Teal'c uses a MM-1 auto grenade launcher in a few episodes (Death Knell for one) and Sam has her 'Carter Special' that she uses throughout Season7.

They first switched to the P-90 in the Season 4 episode 'The First One' (where Daniel gets captured by the Unas, and the rest of SG-1 go out to find him). O'Neill specifically asks for the P-90's before heading out, so I assume he wants them for the Armor Piercing rounds. Unas' have thick hides after all

Comment

I dont think SG-1 ever used them but there were some M-16A1's and XM177's being used by the base security and other sg teams. Actually now that i think of it, sam uses an XM177 in season 3 nemesis.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Teal'c uses a MM-1 auto grenade launcher in a few episodes (Death Knell for one) and Sam has her 'Carter Special' that she uses throughout Season7.
          Nooo! It's a 40mm Federal Multi-Launcher!

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
          - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Don't forget Daniel's 9mm!!!

P90's do look a lot cooler than the old MP-5's and they're also more compact, lighter and easier to carry around. Everyone in Atlantis carries a P90 and a 9mm, I don't remember seeing much else. When the Daedalus arrives maybe it should bring bigger weapons now that they know about the wraith threat, P90's aren't powerful enough to take down multiple wraith (wraiths?)

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
            - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
            - "I'm taking this loop off..."
            - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
            - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
            - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

your question can be answered with another question, why eat a rotten apple when you have a perfectly good chocolate bar in your hand? i would like to insert that the P-90 is the coolest weapon ever made. and it is not that a P-90 can't take down multiple wraiths, it can, the just regenerate, atlantis need weapons that will kill the wraith, the P-90's can deffinetly do some damage. but since the P-90's are so cool, i suggest for atlantis that they find someway to modify the P-90's so that they kill the wraith imediatly.

Comment

Not to mention the macho rail guns they use in "The Seige part 2". When i saw those babies being rolled out, my heart soared.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                  Not to mention the macho rail guns they use in "The Seige part 2". When i saw those babies being rolled out, my heart soared.
                  I wan't some energy weapons for the sg1. Like mini-bullets but made of energy.

Besides the rail guns, has the SG1 command made any real weapons or defense that not been helped built by the Tok'ra or the Asgard? They need to be more original.

Comment

Originally posted by randy
                    I wan't some energy weapons for the sg1. Like mini-bullets but made of energy.

Besides the rail guns, has the SG1 command made any real weapons or defense that not been helped built by the Tok'ra or the Asgard? They need to be more original.
                    Rail gun bullets don't have to be made of energy, they can be projectiles as well but instead of being fired using gun powder etc. and other traditional mechanisms but accelerated by two powered rails. or is that a coil gun? either way, one is two rails, one is one rail but i can't remember which is which.

Comment

http://www.powerlabs.org/coilgun.htm
                      http://www.powerlabs.org/railgun.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                        Rail gun bullets don't have to be made of energy, they can be projectiles as well but instead of being fired using gun powder etc. and other traditional mechanisms but accelerated by two powered rails. or is that a coil gun? either way, one is two rails, one is one rail but i can't remember which is which.
                        They said in the Siege that rail guns bullets were going at Mach 4 so probably gave us the illusion of energy weapons.

Comment

They were going at Mach 5, and Mach 5 is just a velocity, why would it give us the illusion of energy weapons?

If it was an energy weapon there wouldn't be a 10,000 round limit since there's an atmosphere full of atoms.

Comment

If I recall correctly, the weapons that the Air Force people used in Children of the Gods didn't really effect the Jaffa that came through the gate. So maybe they switched to the armor peircing rounds because its effective against Jaffa armor. Just a thought.
                            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Thanks for the links, cleared up a lot of grey areas!

Comment

Working...
                              X