This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlander fans come here!

I'm an average fan, the latter seasons are great (except S6) . Anyways, I wanted to see how many fans are left of this series....so i created a seperate thread. Any fans please reply, with when the best and the worst of the show is.

P.S. Any SG1 fans, what character from SG1 would you like to get the Quickening

I used to watch this show a lot when I was at home in the afternoons but that was mainly just because Amanda was ungodly hot and every episode thus carried a small chance of winning the oogle lottery.

The rest is sort of a blur of heads flying off and some guy called McCloud that used to do like..... stuff.

Comment

The show was great, Duncan was a fantastic character. I have been slowly collecting the show on DVD. Unfortunately I have missed a lot of episodes in the middle years, and I haven't seen much beyond the episode where Duncan chopped off a certain head that he really didn't want to, (if you have seen it, you know what I mean). So that was the end of season 5, or something like that?

The movie with Connor and Duncan was, well, weak. Highlander 2 was sickening, and I didn't see the third one. They just can't top the the first Highlander, although I have heard rumors of another film in the works...

yes, Amanda was unearthly hot Ouroboros...
      Embrace your dorkiness.

Comment

I always enjoyed the TV show. The sequels to the original movie were weak, and got weaker as they went. Probably best to leave it alone now. I've never tried to collect the dvd's for the show. Too expensive, plus I've already got enough TV that I'm trying to collect. Maybe someday there will be a real hot deal on ebay.............
        Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
        O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
        O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

I was a fan of the show and eventually saw the first movie ,Then the sequeil and third. In my opinion both sequeils suck majorly!

I think 3 is really bad ,Highlander 2 Renegad version is worth a watch , If can get over the huge insults to human inteligence and fandom that the earlier version of Highlander 2 had done. The only thing about Highlander 2 that I liked in concept was that it was the sole endeaver in the highlander universe that explored the far future, If it waisnt for the gross contridictions of continuity and huge revisioning of the franchise like making the imortals aliens from the planet Zeste and not the mystical fantasy it once was, Who travelled to earth 500 years ago to battle to the death ,Think about it Ramerez was a egyptian who was sopposed to be alive for 1800 years by the time he met Macleod ,Eventually deuled the evil Kurgan decapitated him and taken his quickening.

In Highlander 2 the villain is general "Katana" of the planet Zeste played by actor Micheal Ironside, Katana is the name of the Samurai Sword which also so happens to be the same blade Connor Macleod uses.(Major cheese!)

In the Renegad version he isnt a alien and it isnt planet Zeste but the far past on earth that he travels from.

Number 3 is actually a prequeil to number 2 , So you wont miss anything by skipping Highlander 2.

The Tv show is loosely based on the movies , Pretty much continuity is flying everywhere , So the movies didnt happen not even the first one , Since Highlander 4 kills Connor Macleod I seriously doubt either version of Highlander 2 is canon now.
          The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I loved movie 1 and I did watch some episodes of the series ..I never watch from the beginning though ..but What I saw I really liked
            He was an extremely great character

Caty

Comment

HIGHLANDER ROCKS!

I watched the show, and the first movie. I heard what the 2nd was about, so I avoided it like the plague, even when a marathon was on. If I could pick ANY SG-1 member to get the Quickening I'd pick Daniel, since he's got good experience with that kind of thing.

There can be only one!
              [email protected]
              http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
              One nation under dog
              There of which I stand alone
              A face in the crowd
              Unsung, against the mold
              Without a doubt
              Singled out
              The only way I know

Comment

I AGREE HIGHLANDER ROCKS!

I loved the films...all of them!!!
                I loved the episodes ....all of them!!!

I wish they would show them again!
                SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Noone has mentioned the short lived spinoff Highlander:Raven with Amanda? I've only seen a handful of episodes of that, dont remember much.

Comment

Do any of you folk out there have such a thing as a Highlander FAQ sheet? Y'know, listing all the why's and wherefores of Immortals?

Someone told me it was established that Immortals can't heal head and neck wounds - true?
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I liked Highlander (the TV series) ok... I liked the movies a little better though.

Just no one mention that thing they called "Highlander" after the first movie... blagh!!! Skip straight to number 3...

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                      Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                      My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                      Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                        Someone told me it was established that Immortals can't heal head and neck wounds - true?
                        I think they cant heal scars or regenerate lost parts.

Comment

Noone has mentioned the short lived spinoff Highlander:Raven with Amanda? I've only seen a handful of episodes of that, dont remember much.
                          Yeah you can believe I was watching that, despite the pain at times.

Comment

The original Highlander movie is fantastic. One of the best fantasy movies ever made (not the best, mind you, but way up there). The first sequel was weak, although the renegade version is slightly better. In my opinion they would have been better off doing a prequel, but the truth is that the first movie didn't leave any real openings for further stories.

I discovered the TV series way back when it was originally broadcast. My uncle had satelite TV and recorded the show off of Sky (I think), so I saw most of the first 2 or 3 seasons, but not much beyond that.

I picked up season 1 on DVD last year and quite enjoyed watching it through, but with a hefty price tag of 80 bucks per season (Amazon.com) I have not been sufficiently motivated to aquire more.

Comment

well, i was not that interested in the first two seasons, the third was getting better. But S4 and S5 were awesome.........they did what it should have been about all of the seasons............immortals writing history and changing through generations. (They were the inspiration for Frankenstein and they were the four horsemen in the bible)

Comment

Working...
                              X