This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Superman movie

a movie titled "Superman Returns" is being released June 30, 2006. (according to the optonline movie section). its cast includes :

Brandon Routh, Kevin Spacey, Kate Bosworth, James Marsden, Hugh Laurie

its being directed by Bryan Singer

other movies being released around that time include:

-Pirates of the Carribean (July 7, 2006): Dead Man's Chest- a sequel to the original, it stars all of the original actors (Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, Geoffrey Rush)

-Poseidon Adventure (May 5, 2006): no info given

-The Da Vinci Code (May 19, 2006): based off the book, Tom Hanks stars.

-X Men 3 (May 26, 2006): another sequel with the same actors.

Hmmm. As many times as this movie has been delayed, etc. etc. It will probably suck to put it bluntly. I don’t see the point in making another one anyway. The original ones were kind of hokey, but they were classics.

Originally posted by defina91rvc
    -Poseidon Adventure (May 5, 2006): no info given
    How could they possibly top the original. It was hilarious.
    Last edited by LoneStar1836; 04 April 2005, 04:20 PM.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

I saw the little guy they got to play superman. He's too cute. Superman is a Boy scout, first and foremost - then minimal eye candy, and it's not exactly imperative he look good in spandex. I sure won't be yelling out SUPERMAN!! to the screen anytime soon.

BTW, I'm wondering, seriously now ... Is the Role Of Superman Cursed?
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I love superman! I cant wait for this movie

sigpic
        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
          I saw the little guy they got to play superman. He's too cute. Superman is a Boy scout, first and foremost - then minimal eye candy, and it's not exactly imperative he look good in spandex. I sure won't be yelling out SUPERMAN!! to the screen anytime soon.

I believe Kevin Spacy is slated to play Lex Luthor.

Comment

I think if they gave the movie a dark theme and got away from the original story it could be good. Everyone already knows how he got his powers, no need to retell it, just skip out to the future after some cataclismic event or something.

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA

Dean Cain's still alive and kicking.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                Hmmm. As many times as this movie has been delayed, etc. etc. It will probably suck to put it bluntly. I don’t see the point in making another one anyway. The original ones were kind of hokey, but they were classics.
                So was the Italian Job. If they can remake that film, they can re-do Superman(again!)
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                  I love superman! I cant wait for this movie
                  I was hoping that TW from Smallville would get the part. I think he was "considered," but never heard anything more about it...probably contratual obligations kept him out. Anyone got a clue as to why he didn't get the part?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by defina91rvc
                    a movie titled "Superman Returns" is being released June 30, 2006. (according to the optonline movie section). its cast includes :

Brandon Routh, Kevin Spacey, Kate Bosworth, James Marsden, Hugh Laurie

its being directed by Bryan Singer
                    Just a quick update to this information. Hugh Laurie had to drop out of the role of Perry White due to scheduling conflicts with his TV series "House, MD." Frank Langella has signed on to replace him.

As much as I admire Frank Langella's work, I would dearly loved to have seen how Hugh Laurie would have played it. I need a quantum mirror sometimes. I'd see what this movie would have been like with Hugh Laurie, and I'd find a reality where Firefly kept running.

-IMF
                    Last edited by IMForeman; 05 April 2005, 08:31 PM. Reason: Correcting my Spelling buffoonery.
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                      So was the Italian Job. If they can remake that film, they can re-do Superman(again!)
                      Well that doesn't mean I have to like it.

What is with all the remakes? Doesn't anyone have an original idea any more? Though I'm glad RDM decided to do his take on BSG so I guess I can't complain.

I've never seen the original Italian Job, but I liked the new version. That genre is easy to remake. Car chases, money heist, yada yada yada, never gets old. Superman is more or less an original idea, and yeah they remade him in the two latest TV shows, but a new movie just wouldn't be the same. Like I said, I think it'll still suck cause they have some pretty boy nobody actor (they just lucked out with Tom Welling on Smallville) and the movie has been tossed around and delayed for a while.
                      Last edited by LoneStar1836; 06 April 2005, 08:55 AM. Reason: sp
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                        I was hoping that TW from Smallville would get the part. I think he was "considered," but never heard anything more about it...probably contratual obligations kept him out. Anyone got a clue as to why he didn't get the part?
                        Probably because he's too young. The Superman movies are about he's life when he's older

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                          Probably because he's too young. The Superman movies are about he's life when he's older
                          Point of interest: Tom Welling is over 2 years older than Brandon Routh, the fella they got playing Superman in the film.

-IMF
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                            Well that doesn't mean I have to like it.

What is with all the remakes? Doesn't anyone have an original idea any more? Though I'm glad RDM decided to do his take on BSG so I guess I can't complain.

I've never seen the original Italian Job, but I liked the new version. That genre is easy to remake. Car chases, money heist, yada yada yada, never gets old. Superman is more or less an original idea, and yeah they remade him in the two latest TV shows, but a new movie just wouldn't be the same. Like I said, I think it'll still suck cause they have some pretty boy nobody actor (they just lucked out with Tom Welling on Smallville) and the movie has been tossed around and delayed for a while.

Fair enough. You track down the original Italian Job and watch it and I MIGHT check out the new version!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                              Point of interest: Tom Welling is over 2 years older than Brandon Routh, the fella they got playing Superman in the film.

-IMF
                              maybe they just wanted to keep smallville seperate from the movie, it doesn't exactly follow the movie storylines anyway

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X