This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sahara

this movie sahara is coming out in a few weeks, and its supposed to be like an indiana jones type film. i looked at a synopsis on optonline.net which i will post in the spoilers below.

Spoiler:
    Explorer Dirk Pitt, a modern-day Indiana Jones, discovers the lost barge of a pharaoh on the bottom of the Nile River. Before he can raise it, he's summoned by the National Underwater and Marine agency to investigate the source of poisons that are creating a huge red tide, one that will soon shrink the world's oxygen supply to unlivable levels. After rescuing beautiful World Health Organization worker Eva Rojoas from assassins, Dirk must help her discover the source of a fatal plague that is turning natives in Africa into bloodthirsty, rampaging cannibals. Dirk then discovers that an evil French industrialist has been using the country of Mali for solar nuclear waste disposal, and that the disposal methods have poisoned the water table. All of it ties into the sinking of an Ironclad during the Civil War and the vanishing of a famous female pilot over the Sahara in 1931.

now is that not the most ridiculous storyline you've ever heard? i want to see it now!

Ahh...you're talking about a movie.

Saw the thread and thought 'hey! who's talking about me?'

Sounds like a bizarre film though...so I'll probably watch it . The plot sounds just bad enough to be good .

Comment

Go buy the novel by Clive Cussler. The only other Dirk Pitt novel made into a film was "Raise the Titanic" (written before the Titanic was actually found), and that was butchered. I expect Cussler's Sahara to end up the same way. Hopefully this will be the last time Cussler lets anybody botch one of his books trying to make it into a film.
      Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
      O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
      O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

i love how the opotonline synopsis makes it sound so ridiculous. "After rescuing the beautiful NAME from assassins..."

i honestly cannot wait.

Comment

From viewing the trailers I thought I might want to go see this one. Now that I've read the first post, I'm thinking maybe not...it sounds too "busy," and I'm sure the plot will be thinned in order to fit in more action-packed adventure scenes.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
          X