PDA

View Full Version : A ship with Kull worrior's armor

ckwongau
March 28th, 2005, 10:01 PM
A ship with Kull worrior's armor

Kull worrior's armor can absorb energy blasts.
I been thinking about Kull worrior's armor, it is almost indestructible, the only thing that could kill a Kull worrior was that special anti-supersoldier weapon (base on that Ancient fountain of youth device) or enough heat and kinetic energy.

Anubis must have a factory building Kull worrior armor on Tartarus.The Jaffa had captured that base.

Earth ship is still use projectile weapon, like missiles, rail guns.The Goa'uld or other species use energy weapon.

If an Earth ship shield it's hull with metal like Kull worrior's armor, it could be very powerfull. All energy blast will be defected or absorb. Only maybe ships using missiles, rail guns can harm such ship(another Earth ship)

Jarnin
March 29th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Kull armor is a plot device. When the writers need someone to be practically unstoppable, they put them in Kull armor or slap on a cool alien bracelet.

There really is no reason to put Kull armor on a ship; that's what shields are for.

Darth Eddy
March 29th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Kull armor is a plot device. When the writers need someone to be practically unstoppable, they put them in Kull armor or slap on a cool alien bracelet.

There really is no reason to put Kull armor on a ship; that's what shields are for.

Yes, but the shields can be depleted. So having something that can withstand energy weapons forever is a lot better.

Wass
March 29th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Yes, but the shields can be depleted. So having something that can withstand energy weapons forever is a lot better.
Well if that was the case why didn’t the ancients use it against the war with the wraith.

Anubis345
March 29th, 2005, 07:43 AM
instead of a ship what about the SG teams vest instead of that stuff we see in heroes what if it was instead of a ship armour used for the sg team vest that would stop staff blast and zat blast that is a good idea

Gaterholic
March 29th, 2005, 08:13 AM
They should have the SG teams incorporate some Kull armor into their clothes, but as for a ship, as Jacob said, the laws of thermodynamics apply. Enough energy, like say from a SHIPS weapons, can beat it.

Ganjaman
March 29th, 2005, 10:07 AM
I don't think the kull armour would quite do the trick but having some sort of absorptive shielding would be very good indeed perhaps if the shield refracted energy into certain conduits rather than reflect it. But again Earth is limited in technology and the Asagdr and other races such as Hebridans have only given them some limited tech. That said , they have made huge advances. I think Earth's main problem is infrastructure and resources, they are still essentially using one planet for their entire operations. Alpha and beta sites are powered by Earth resources, they only have a few small-scale minign operations and the like. Getting manpower and other resources e.g. mineral would be good and I'm sure worlds such as Cimmeria would let them help out.

Bast
March 29th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Kull means penis in swedish.

:D

Captain Untouchable
March 29th, 2005, 10:40 AM
It wouldn't work. When a Kull Warrior gets hit, it recoils from the impact. It may not get hurt/damaged, but it still gets impacted. If you amplify that to a Starship bombardment...the damage dealt by the ship getting pounded about by weapons fire would shake it to bits...or make parts of the armour fall off.

Darth Eddy
March 29th, 2005, 04:30 PM
It wouldn't work. When a Kull Warrior gets hit, it recoils from the impact. It may not get hurt/damaged, but it still gets impacted. If you amplify that to a Starship bombardment...the damage dealt by the ship getting pounded about by weapons fire would shake it to bits...or make parts of the armour fall off.

That would happen to anything, remember the staff weapons can send anyone flying. The force of getting hit by weapons but not having it cause damage wouldn't hurt the ship itself. Also, they wouldn't just tie the Kull armor to the ship, they would put it on like they do the metal hull.

Ancient 1
March 30th, 2005, 01:47 PM

Your point? I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere....

Excalibur
March 30th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Well if that was the case why didn’t the ancients use it against the war with the wraith.

Stating that do you know that the ancients did indeed even haave the technology? Yes, i know they are "gods" have have best of everything, but the Ancients didnt really have foot soldiers of any kind. After saying that i would think most hulls have some refracting capibilities? would i be wrong?

Zrbyte
March 30th, 2005, 03:58 PM
This 'could' be what makes the Deadalus so special in Atlantis S2, though I still have my doubts about that ship it must have something that makes them think it stands a chance, this sounds like as good a thing as any.

aAnubiSs
March 30th, 2005, 04:25 PM

It does? I've never heard the word and I've lived in Sweden for 21 years.

thespyofcharles
April 10th, 2005, 12:48 PM
thatd be funny if a ship had kull armor and shields, and the kull armor absorbed the shields, leaving the ship open to kinetic energy attacks

Lord Zedd
April 16th, 2005, 04:35 AM

I didn't know that :eek: :eek: hihihi the penis warriors :D

_Owen_
April 18th, 2005, 11:16 AM

Then the ships would be like the very first Enterprise, they didn't have shields, they had hull plating and stuff. but I agree kull armor on a ship would be effective, but eventualy someone would find a weapon that works against it, Earth did.

Owen Macri

Darth Eddy
April 18th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Then the ships would be like the very first Enterprise, they didn't have shields, they had hull plating and stuff. but I agree kull armor on a ship would be effective, but eventualy someone would find a weapon that works against it, Earth did.

Owen Macri

I thought the Earth weapon only took away the life giving energy.

_Owen_
April 18th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Ya, I think that's what it does, but I was only using that as an example. To people who had never seen the Kull Warriors before, they would seem undefeatable, but we found a way to defeat them. Eventually someone would find a way to defeat the armor. Sorry if I was unclear about that.

Owen Macri

Darth Eddy
April 20th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Ya, I think that's what it does, but I was only using that as an example. To people who had never seen the Kull Warriors before, they would seem undefeatable, but we found a way to defeat them. Eventually someone would find a way to defeat the armor. Sorry if I was unclear about that.

Owen Macri
I get it know. Actually, didn't they say that a trinium(sp?) dart could go through it? So, all you nedd is a to put some explosive device inside one and it would tear a hole in the armor.

_Owen_
April 20th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I don't remember the specifics, so you are probagbly right about the trinium. In that case your idea would probably work.

Owen Macri

SmartFox
April 21st, 2005, 05:14 PM
A ship with Kull worrior's armor

Kull worrior's armor can absorb energy blasts.
I been thinking about Kull worrior's armor, it is almost indestructible, the only thing that could kill a Kull worrior was that special anti-supersoldier weapon (base on that Ancient fountain of youth device) or enough heat and kinetic energy.

Anubis must have a factory building Kull worrior armor on Tartarus.The Jaffa had captured that base.

Earth ship is still use projectile weapon, like missiles, rail guns.The Goa'uld or other species use energy weapon.

If an Earth ship shield it's hull with metal like Kull worrior's armor, it could be very powerfull. All energy blast will be defected or absorb. Only maybe ships using missiles, rail guns can harm such ship(another Earth ship)
Yea but think about it this way, the Kull armor only absorbed small fire. A big honking Hat'aks lasers could defintly blow up a Kull warrior and its armor. Plus Rail guns or Missiles would be able to penetrate the armor just not small arms fire.

Vetesn
April 21st, 2005, 06:41 PM
All the major warships are badly in need of armored superstructures. It defies logic to rely only on shields. Scaled up and layered Kull armor would be interesting but standard armor would be simpler to manufacture.

_Owen_
April 21st, 2005, 08:51 PM
I agree with Vetesn, the kull warrior armor wouldn't be any more powerfull than regular aromor, it might even be less powerfull, I believe that all it does is deflect arms fire, and sustain the life giving energy provided by the ancient cubey thing. I believe an air to air missile could defeat the armor. Kull Warior armor is apropriate for the kull warriors but I do not believe that it would serve useful cause on a ship.

Owen Macri

Gremalcon
April 22nd, 2005, 05:33 PM
You have an excellent idea. If, during a fight, the shields failed, having some type of energy absorb/disbursing armor plating would extend the life of the ship. Good thinking. It would kind of like the ablative armor that voyager used.

_Owen_
April 22nd, 2005, 08:11 PM
Or even better, the energy could be absorbed by the hull plating, routed into a buffer and then used to boost power for something. If a ship was so badly damaged that the hull plating was the last line of defense, you are usually low on power as well, this could help, and give you the boost you need to strike back. The buffer would have to be able to contain a considerable yield of energy, however if the input of energy is too great the buffers would simply release the energy into space, this would foil an attempt to overload the buffers on purpose by increasing the standard amount of energy in a discharge of the weapons array.

Owen Macri

lethalfang
April 23rd, 2005, 01:33 AM
You have an excellent idea. If, during a fight, the shields failed, having some type of energy absorb/disbursing armor plating would extend the life of the ship. Good thinking. It would kind of like the ablative armor that voyager used.
I know it's convenient for show purposes, but WHY would an energy shield EVER deplete? As long as the power supply is still there, the shield should always be 100% up. Unless the shield generator is somehow damaged, then the shield strength should go to zero immediately.
There shouldn't be any in betweens.

_Owen_
April 23rd, 2005, 08:31 AM
actually that is not true, shields are powerful but shields can be weakend by simply shooting it, placing stress on the shield itself causes it to draw more energy, there is only so much energy to be drawn so when energy levels become low so will the effectivness of the shield. Also shields can be bypassed, if the attacker knows the frequency which the shield operates on they can set there weapons to that frequency and they will pass through.

Owen Macri

Zrbyte
April 23rd, 2005, 11:21 AM
actually that is not true, shields are powerful but shields can be weakend by simply shooting it, placing stress on the shield itself causes it to draw more energy, there is only so much energy to be drawn so when energy levels become low so will the effectivness of the shield. Also shields can be bypassed, if the attacker knows the frequency which the shield operates on they can set there weapons to that frequency and they will pass through.

Owen Macri

Thats startrek, not stargate :)

lethalfang
April 23rd, 2005, 12:47 PM
Yes, the energy shield is drawing more energy from your power supply. You can put stress on your power supply, but you shouldn't make a dent in the shield for as long as the power supply is still supplying power.
Personally, I only see 2 ways to defeat the energy shield without "cheating," like knowing the frequency and stuff:
1) A big honking space gun that simply overwhelms the shield and you destroy your ship in one shot, kinda like Tolans ion cannon before gould upgraded their shield;
2) You cannot overwhelm the shield at first, so you keep shooting, but the energy shield should be "replenished" after each shot. Yes, the shield is drawing increasing power, but for as long as the power supply is not dry, the shield shall remain 100%. When the power supply runs out, it goes to zero-strength.
3) Thought of this as I was typing: you shoot at this shield continuously, and depletes the shield strength faster than it replenishes from the power source.

_Owen_
April 23rd, 2005, 04:36 PM
Or you could fire a weapon at it that launches an incredible burst of energy that feedsback into the powersuply, overwhelming it. Not only would this cause a magnificent explosion, but it would also leave the ship dead in the water, having absolutly no power at all, not even emergyency power, the energy feedback would also feedback into the power grid and then into the emergency power generator overwhelming it too.

On most shps, the power supply can support the shields, the weapons, the lights, etc. But it can't support anything else, not only would this cost more, but it would be overkill, so they don't think they will need it so they don't put it in. Firing a weapon at the shields would cause the shields to draw more power from the generators, if there was just enough power for everything to run at the same time, there would be no power to spare, therefore the shields would have to run at less than optimal efficiency. On a ship like The enterprise, when they would say, route power from life support to the shields, all they realy do is "turn down" the life support do that there power source will have more power to give to the shields allowing them to run at a higher strength. If, however they had a power supply that was soley for the shields and was incredibly large, (a ZPM perhaps), then, it would probably take centuries if not thousands of years to completly deplete the ZPM, leaving the shields at zero percent, or non-existent. But it is possible for the shields to deplete in strength, with more power to spare, the longer it would take, but with the shields under constant stress it would happen eventualy.

Owen Macri