PDA

View Full Version : Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Pages : [1] 2

Madeleine
June 1st, 2004, 08:54 PM
Amazon UK are selling the R2 Box sets for £29.97 each, free p&p. That includes s7.

I've just got s7, already had s6, but the rest I have on VHS. It's tempting to pay another £29.97 just so that one of the huge six-video-per-season sets can be moved from my full-to-bursting shelf. At least it would be if I *had* another £29.97.

Elwe Singollo
June 1st, 2004, 09:00 PM
I don't know, maybe you should have waited for the s7 DVD, cause of the beautiful widescreen high quality :)

Madeleine
June 2nd, 2004, 09:24 PM
If you go to amazon from the link on GW http://www.gateworld.net/store/ then GW gets a bit of help with its funding :)

Scroll down the page and there are links to all the UK sections of amazon.

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Did anyone read/see the new articles and such on Buffy Animated? I saw some pictures of the characters, it was kewl to see animated Angel, Dawn, Joyce, Willow, Xander, Giles, etc...

Madeleine
June 19th, 2004, 09:12 PM
It was planned a couple of years ago, but it never got off the ground. Is it back on course then?

And yes, the drawings were good, especially Willow :)

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 09:18 PM
According to Tvguide, it said that its back in the production, all they need is a network, but right now, i think they are working on voicing, the producers are keeping most of the voices secret, but they did say that AH, NB, AH, were at least going to voice their characters, but SMG won't be. (Sorry if you don't know the initials, but i don't know how to spell their names). Whedonesque.com is a good place to find information all about Joss Whedon-oriented shows and works :)

Teal'c
June 20th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Buffy is going to be voiced by the woman who does here voice in the video games... I forget her name though...

Elwe Singollo
June 20th, 2004, 04:22 PM
My friend said the person that voiced Buffy in the game did a nice job, and sounded similar to her, so if she does sound like SMG, or remotely sounds like her, then the animated show shouldn't be too bad on the voice part. If the show does get put on the air, i'm looking forward to see the past that includes Angel and Dawn, cause they've never been in the same scene before, so yah, me wants to see :)

Teal'c
June 21st, 2004, 02:00 PM
My friend said the person that voiced Buffy in the game did a nice job, and sounded similar to her, so if she does sound like SMG, or remotely sounds like her, then the animated show shouldn't be too bad on the voice part. If the show does get put on the air, i'm looking forward to see the past that includes Angel and Dawn, cause they've never been in the same scene before, so yah, me wants to see :)
Well, there was that episode of Angel last year when Angelus rang Dawn... except Dawn wasn't shown... :P

Elwe Singollo
June 21st, 2004, 02:24 PM
Haha, yah, you know what i meant !;)

Madeleine
September 21st, 2004, 03:04 PM
Amazon (UK) are selling a complete box set of Buffy, all seven series, for £139. That's a big saving on the individual box sets, even if you buy those on e-bay.

go HERE and scroll down to the bit that says in small type "R2 DVDs" and GW gets credit for your purchases. (http://www.gateworld.net/store/index.shtml/)

DownFallAngel
September 21st, 2004, 04:37 PM
Link doesn't work ma'am.

Madeleine
September 21st, 2004, 09:34 PM
Maybe it's cos it's a shtml page? the link matches exactly the address of the page. Oh well, egg on my face for trying to be clever. Click on the "Store" button just above the Log Out button, top right.

ibwolf
September 22nd, 2004, 02:03 AM
That's a big saving on the individual box sets
Yes it would be ... if I didn't already have S1-4 :mad: Actually compared to the regular retail price in R2 buying this complete set is almost cheaper then buying the 3 remaining sets :D Of course I'll be ordering mine from R1 where they retail for much much less then they do in R2.

Madeleine
September 22nd, 2004, 05:01 AM
So buy the nice space-saving Complete Box Set, and offload the rest onto e-bay or amazonsecondhand :D

ibwolf
September 22nd, 2004, 06:24 AM
So buy the nice space-saving Complete Box Set, and offload the rest onto e-bay or amazonsecondhand :D
I'll stick with my plan to import it from R1. I'm not in a hurry either to complete the set. The first three seasons were pretty good but the show went downhill from there. It's just barely good enough for the 'completist' in me to win out. I don'timagine that Buffy will be on my shopping list until sometime next year. Maybe Amazon.com will have a special on them by then :)

MartoufMarty
September 26th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Now before anyone starts saying stuff about the fact that we aren't supposed to put links up or anything like that, I'm just asking someone to PM me the site (if they know one).

Anyways, a friend of mine, and also Teal'c have basically convinced me to start watching Buffy. I got a couple episodes of Season 1 downloaded, but the one place I was getting them from doesn't have anymore Season 1 episodes. I need episode 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 11. I'm trying Kazaa and LimeWire and it's barely going anywhere.

So if anyone knows any sites that have at least all of Season 1 of Buffy, could you PM the address to me? I would really appreciate it!

It would be great if the files were under 100mbs, but if they are over 100mbs that's fine. I can always make them smaller.

Please help me!!!

And also if someone is gonna suggest that I go out and buy the episodes, don't even bother to respond. I don't have money, and I'm not gonna go and buy a show that I'm not really even sure that I like yet.

If I watch them off of TV they're probably off somewhere near the end of the series and I'd never understand. I like to watch things from the beginning, and I figure the only way to do that would be through the internet. I'd borrow from a friend around here, but not many people actually have DVDs and probably even less watch Buffy.

Also: Suprnova.org doesn't seem to work for me. I'm trying TVTorrents.com but not getting far with that either... Though I did download the complete first season of Dead Like Me earlier this week...

Elwe Singollo
November 14th, 2004, 10:52 PM
http://www.slayerverse.net/tanet/net_buffy_us/index.php?navi=news.php&id=14025

has the scans of the magazine interview, me just wanted to share :)

Elwe Singollo
November 19th, 2004, 09:52 PM
http://img66.exs.cx/img66/4057/castori.jpg

Here's something i made, out of boredome, just wanted to share :)

FieryHands
November 19th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Wow, that's really pretty. Nice work. :)

DownFallAngel
November 20th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Link is down.

MartoufMarty
December 1st, 2004, 04:51 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knew the name of that German techno song at the beginning of the episode 7x02 Beneath You. It was really cool and my sister was wondering alot. I was wondering too.

Anyone? I'd be really really happy if anyone knew!

aAnubiSs
December 1st, 2004, 05:30 AM
Beneath You:

Stillste Stund: "Von Der Tiefe"
At the start when the German Potential is being murdered

Gus Gus: "David"
At the Bronze

The Von Bondies: "It Came From Japan"
At the Bronze

Joey Ramone: "Stop Thinking About It""At the Bronze

Elwe Singollo
December 1st, 2004, 05:38 AM
Heh, i know this is a bit off topic, but that German girl reminded me of Alias, haha...

Larry
March 28th, 2005, 07:09 AM
For anybody that's interested, there is some excellent fanfic out for a Buffy Season 8. The fanfic is written like scripts for the show, and I think anybody that was really into BtVS would enjoy reading these.

http://www.buffyworld.com/

Qasim
September 13th, 2005, 02:04 AM
http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=92031&ran=156548

MISS THE Scooby gang from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”? Then rejoice in the news that six actors from the series that signed off in 2003 are back in prime time.

Alyson Hannigan (Willow), James Marsters (Spike), David Boreanaz (Angel), Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia), Nicholas Brendon (Xander) and Seth Green (Oz) are among the old faces popping up in new places in the 2005-06 season. The others:

Metarock Sam
September 13th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Yeah apparently theyre making a spike Spinoff or something like that involving Spike.

kirmit
September 13th, 2005, 07:29 AM
it's probably because none of them culd find work after the series ended, they were all stereotyped as those characters and ppl just culdn't look past that.

MarshAngel
September 13th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Yeah apparently theyre making a spike Spinoff or something like that involving Spike.
This sounds like a bad idea.

I'll enjoy seeing them all again, especially Alyson Hannigan, David Boreanz and Charisma Carpenter.

immhotep
September 20th, 2005, 01:29 AM
who would win the slayer and the most powerfull witch ever or a super powered alien and his greatest foe/weakness and another powerfull witch>?

shovar
September 20th, 2005, 01:49 AM
got to say Buffy and Willow, Slayer and Witch, a slayer who has died on multiple times and is still here and Willow can bring her back, plus all the bad guys she's beaten, now if you add Xander in there then The Scoobies will definately win! :)

JanusAncient
September 20th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Clark+Lana/Isobel, would defeat the attacking foe.

MarshAngel
September 20th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Clark and Isobel have got this one... I think. Buffy does have a history of coming back from the dead though, so I wouldn't count her out and Willow did almost destroy the world, something Isobel just hasn't come close to.

hmmm... this is a tough one. Clark may have saved smallville, but Buffy and Willow saved the world. And Clark was born with silver spoon of superpowers in his mouth while Buffy has had to train and get her butt kicked very often. Bahh...

I give it to Clark because he's beautiful.

Metarock Sam
September 20th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Clark as hes practiaclly invincible and neither buffy or willow have kryptonite so its obviously clark.

Xenan
September 20th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Clark is not invincible, you don't need kryptonite to kill him.

Willow can take on both of them by herself. Clark went up against a witch before and he was powerless and Isobel was only a lowerlevel witch. So imagine what the most powerful witch can do.

Albion
September 20th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Well, when you talk about Clark Kent, I tend to think more of LOIS AND CLARK than I do SMALLVILLE. :p (In fact I was thoroughly confused for about half this thread before I realised who the heck you were talking about. LOL)

In which case, I'd have to say my Clark Kent would win hands down. :D

Albion :)

Simonthefurling
September 20th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Buffy and Willow. Willow could just go abra cadabra and make Clark drop down dead :D

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 20th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I'm voting for Draw. No one can win.

Jeffer
September 20th, 2005, 07:39 PM
well if they fought in Smallville the i would say buffy because they would find Kyrpto if it was in buffy labd then farm boy kent

Elwe Singollo
September 20th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I think Buffy and Willow would win in Smallville-land, but maybe a tie in Buffy-verse since Buffy did kick a God's butt, although Buffy did get her butt kicked more in previous battles, but like what people say 'what doesnt kill you makes you stronger', but i guess that doesnt happen with Buffy because she did die haha...

Metarock Sam
September 21st, 2005, 10:18 AM
IF it was Clark as in proper DC superman clark then he is practically invincible. He can even manipulate time to slow things down.

Ancient 1
September 23rd, 2005, 02:44 PM
Isobel casts a spell on Clark to protect him from hostile magic: game, set & match. Scratch one slayer/witch duo.

Qasim
September 24th, 2005, 10:13 AM
http://www.filmfanzine.com/?page_id=story&art_id=475

Buffy creator Josh Whedon has written and will direct a fantasy thriller. Universal Pictures produces. He is also currently writing Wonder Woman.

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly creator is cryptic in describing the project.

"It's the story of a young woman's journey that involves a great deal of horror and some heroics," he says. "It's certainly darker than 'Serenity,' and there are a lot of left turns along the way. It is something I had in mind for a while, and it just poured out of me when I finished my film."

Whedon is currently writing Wonder Woman for Warner Bros., which he'll also direct.

Qasim
September 26th, 2005, 01:07 PM
http://www.southflorida.com/movies/sfl-buffyalumnisep26,0,2682499.story?coll=sfe-tv-headlines

Five regular cast members from that series have landed roles on network television shows this fall. A sixth former cast member has a new show waiting in the wings.

Metarock Sam
September 26th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Do we know what shows ??

Qasim
September 26th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Click the link to find out

Simonthefurling
September 26th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Yey, they are all very good actors. Interesting that theres quite alot of comedy shows that they're doing.

Qasim
September 26th, 2005, 01:28 PM
http://www.buffyguide.com/

BuffyGuide.com, home of The Complete Buffy Episode Guide, the most detailed episode guide available. We've got loads of features besides the episode guide itself, so take your time and explore.

Simonthefurling
September 26th, 2005, 01:30 PM
cool nice find, when i have some time il check it out :)

Qasim
September 26th, 2005, 01:30 PM
What did you think?

I thought it was quite good - but like all movies didnt fit in with the series that followed it very well :D

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 26th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I would go see even if SMG (Sarah Michelle Gellar) doesn't appear in it.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 26th, 2005, 02:06 PM
*Abydos wishes that the site had a multimedia page*

Qasim
September 26th, 2005, 02:07 PM
http://www.buffy-vs-angel.com/multimedia1.shtml

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 26th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Yey, they are all very good actors. Interesting that theres quite alot of comedy shows that they're doing.
True, they are good actors. Although I'd prefer to see them doing SciFi and Drama shows, and not comedy. However, comedy may be good to them.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 26th, 2005, 02:27 PM
I've known about that site for year. But I visit it rarely.

Elwe Singollo
September 26th, 2005, 04:17 PM
I think its a good thing they are trying comedy, because although i love them in scifi/drama, i want to see their different side! Especially David Boreanaz, his character on Bones is quite lighter than Angel, but nevertheless, i like both side. :)

Alyson Hannigan is just perfect for comedy, i liked her performance, same with Nicholas Brendan in Kitchen Confidential (sad it probaly will be cancelled soon).

Charisma Carpenter in Veronica Mars?! I cant wait!

Seth Green, i haven't seen him in anything other than that dreadful Scooby Doo 2, and i can't wait for his NBC show!

MarshAngel
September 27th, 2005, 06:24 AM
The movie was silly but I still watched it twice. I'm glad the series didn't stick to it.

Simonthefurling
September 27th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Lol it's terrible. I'm a huge BTVS series fan but the film in my opinion sucks!

Simonthefurling
September 27th, 2005, 06:54 AM
True, they are good actors. Although I'd prefer to see them doing SciFi and Drama shows, and not comedy. However, comedy may be good to them.

They probably want to avoid being type cast as Buffy characters for eternity. I i was them I'd love the oppurtunity for a new genre.

Metarock Sam
September 27th, 2005, 12:16 PM
It was pretty bad, come on it starred Luke Perry in it its got to be bad.

Qasim
September 27th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Alyson Hannigan is just perfect for comedyAmerican Pie anyone :D

PartyLikeIts1984
September 27th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Brendan is great in Kitchen Confidential. That show is very, very funny. I have to admit to my initial skepticism, but it's good.

I haven't seen Hannigan's new show, but I've heard good things.

And, another case of Buffy people getting new roles, I've heard that Joss Whedon himself will be appearing in an epi of Veronica Mars. That will be cool. Ummm...let me find the link...

Here it is:
http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html&ref_id=10&tid=17005&ref_type=101

Stricken
September 28th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Theres a movie???

Qasim
September 28th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Theres a movie???http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103893/

Stricken
September 28th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks Qasim!!!!

Metarock Sam
September 28th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Theres a movie???
Yes its old and bad.

Naeara
September 28th, 2005, 03:03 PM
It's so cheesy. I remember liking it when it first came out but I was 12 and had a thing for Luke Perry (aw man, can't believe I just admitted that :p). Plus the vampire at the end that wouldn't die cracked me up. I watched it again a couple years ago and had one of those "What the heck did I see in this?" reactions. lol.

Egeria
September 28th, 2005, 03:11 PM
The movie was soooo bad, but not the worst I've seen by a long shot. :)

kharn the betrayer
September 28th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Lol it's terrible. I'm a huge BTVS series fan but the film in my opinion sucks!

^what he said

it was so bad even Joss disowned it and had a comic witten to tell the events of Buffys ''origin''

yaaayoubetcha
September 29th, 2005, 06:09 AM
it was hilarious.

i loved it. saw it twice back when it was in the theatres.

pee wee herman's death scene had me cracking up for months....
i still try and work it into conversation whenever possible.

some classic lines...
you're flying, man!

AzMcNeil
October 11th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Pee Wee Herman's character was pretty much the only saving grace of that movie....every other scene could have just been muted. Damn that Buffy Chick was hot! :D

Eoin
October 11th, 2005, 05:43 PM
The movie was silly

the film in my opinion sucks!
There understatments :P

L-JADE
October 11th, 2005, 09:39 PM
I feel cheated... I thought you're talking about a "new" Buffy film to be made, what with Joss talking about making a Spike movie in tvguide.com *sigh* going to bed now...

yaaayoubetcha
October 12th, 2005, 04:10 AM
Damn that Buffy Chick was hot! :D

kristy swanson goodness.

Qasim
October 12th, 2005, 04:30 AM
http://www.smashmouthfball.com/images/kristy_swanson-small.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000647VO.03._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

LtColSamCarter
October 12th, 2005, 07:36 AM
I enjoyed this movie a lot - I wish they would make a SMG movie

L-JADE
October 12th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Apparently SMG has too many thing to do, like supporting her hubby :P she's young and she feels she already gave 7 years of her life for Buffy.
IMHO, she doen't want to be Buffy anymore, inspite what she said to the fans, I'm pretty sure she's afraid of the fans rage if she said that outloud.

I think Buffy movie was not good, but as campy movie go, it was OK. I watched it on year 2000, it didn't feel too out of date if you know what I mean, but the series is waaaaayyyy better.

Qasim
October 12th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I heard she wants to concentrate on her movie career

Its not going too good - A Buffy movie would sort her career out I think

Simonthefurling
October 12th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Yeah, though I'm interested in the Spike TV movie, could be interesting.

L-JADE
October 12th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I heard she wants to concentrate on her movie career

Its not going too good - A Buffy movie would sort her career out I think

IMHO she's just an OK actress, not very talented or special, kinda like Phoebe Cates in her days but not Oscar material. But she is a very good Buffy, she's so Buffy even Buffy not so buff anymore :D (getting so anorexic in season 7:p )

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
October 27th, 2005, 09:21 AM
From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=33030

Buffy Movies Straight To DVD?

Marti Noxon, executive producer of UPN's Buffy the Vampire Slayer in its last seasons, told SCI FI Wire that the popular series' characters may live on in direct-to-DVD movies. "There are serious discussions going on about bringing some of the characters back and making a few movies that will go straight to DVD, but they will certainly be the quality they have always been," Noxon said in an interview. Continued fan interest in a big-budget Buffy film has led creator Joss Whedon to consider a series of movies that would focus on some of the secondary characters, she added.

Simonthefurling
October 27th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Cool, id certainly buy them :)

I'd like to see a spike movie, since iv only seen like the first season of angel (I always missed it when it was on tv and have no money for dvds) I would most likely have no idea whats going on in an Angel movie.

skritsys
October 27th, 2005, 10:40 AM
I will be at the cash register with money in hand the minute they go on sale.

Elwe Singollo
October 27th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I dont know, i was never a big fan of Noxon's work. For example would be Point Pleasant, it had an interesting concept, but the way she did it was kind of weird, made me turned off.

MarshAngel
October 28th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Somehow I don't see this happening. I suspect most of the actors have moved on and I can't see them revisiting the show... although I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it.

kharn the betrayer
October 28th, 2005, 08:22 AM
well

James masters/Alysson Hannigan and Amk Ackner(sp?) said they would be fine doing a Spike movie

skritsys
October 28th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Oooh, a Spike movie. Now that would kick @$$!

Naeara
October 28th, 2005, 07:05 PM
I dont know, i was never a big fan of Noxon's work. For example would be Point Pleasant, it had an interesting concept, but the way she did it was kind of weird, made me turned off.

I read an article with Marti where she said she would not be involved (or at least not greatly) with a movie should it happen. She said she has a lot on her plate right now. I know Joss has said that the most likely candidate to helm a Spike movie would be Tim Minear. I can live with that. :)

SG1SGAp90
October 29th, 2005, 05:37 AM
I would love to see new BTVS movies on DVD's I liked the original movie, I saw it When it was in theaters but I loved the show even more and Spike should have his own movie he is a great charactor just reminds you a little bit of Billy Idol.:)

A little note the full BTVS series is coming to a one package DVD set

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 11th, 2005, 09:53 AM
From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=33255

Whedon: Buffy Lives In Comics

Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, told fans on the Whedonesque.com fan Web site that he will be continuing the story of the Slayer in a series of Dark Horse comics, which he will write. "Speaking of Dark Horse Comics, they are starting a new Buffy comic, and as I understand it, it will take place after the end of Buffy and Angel and be canon in the Buffy world. And I understand it that way 'cause I'M WRITING IT. I'm kicking off the book with a four-issue arc that finds Buffy—you guessed it—living in Italy with The Immortal. ...Then I'll be overseeing the book more closely, to make sure it remains true."

the fifth man
November 23rd, 2005, 11:20 PM
Cool.

the fifth man
November 23rd, 2005, 11:25 PM
It would be something I'd probably check out.

Odin's eyes
November 24th, 2005, 12:04 AM
More from the rumour-mill.

Here's a snippet from info recently posted on www.whedon.info with a quote from Anthony Stewart-Head.

<snip>

“It’s gone from, being a series to a two-hour movie that might be part of a series of DVDs that we were talking about doing for the different characters from the shows. It’s got a lovely story, and I hope he does something wonderful with him”, Head told Buffy Magazine.

There’s also DVD spin-off’s in the works with the characters of Spike (James Marsters) and Illyria (Amy Acker).

The Giles film, set in England, has been on and off for a number of years now.

creed462
November 24th, 2005, 10:52 AM
I like to see closer to the last season of angle.

Qasim
November 24th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Cool indeed

SaberBlade
November 24th, 2005, 06:52 PM
screw buffy. she had seven successful years, i want a Angel movie.

Buffy has had so much success i don't think that there is a need to bring her back. Angel ended on a cliffhanger and no series should ever end like that (with the worst cliffhanger being space: above and beyond) and i'd rather see other characters get a chance of having their own movie.

finish of Angel then Giles. if Whedon can finish Firefly with a big screen movie, the buffyverse should be no problem

creed462
November 28th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Buffy didn't end on a clift hanger. I want to see them end angle

Gate Freak
November 29th, 2005, 04:53 AM
MarshAngel, there have already been several discussions going on with various actors from both Buffy and Angel. Many of whom, including James Marsters, Amy Acker, Alyson Hannigan, Alexis Denisof and Anthony Head, have expressed a desire to return if the movies go ahead.

And before anyone mentions the fact that Wes dies, yeah i know that, but Alexis has been asked all the same! :)

As for whether these movies should focus on either Buffy or Angel, the simple fact is that they will likely feature neither of them as Sarah and David are both extremely unlikely to be involved. The movies will focus on the larger slayerverse, featuring characters from both series.

As a side note however, Joss has announced that there will be a new Buffy comic series from Dark Horse that will be the official Buffy season eight, mainly because he is writing the first arc and supervising the rest from then on. What you see in this comic series is officially what happens after Chosen ends.

morjana
July 1st, 2006, 07:48 PM
From Zap2It:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-wbfarewell-buffydawsonscreek,0,3584359.story?coll=zap-tv-mainheadline

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

WB Bids Farewell with 'Buffy,' 'Dawson'

Old shows will sing swan song for Frog

June 30 2006

LOS ANGELES -- The WB will end its life with a look back at some of its biggest hits, re-airing the pilots of several of its signature shows one last time before ending its 11-year existence.

The network, which along with UPN will be folded into The CW in the fall, will treat viewers to showings of the first episodes of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Dawson's Creek," "Felicity" and "Angel" on Sunday, Sept. 17, its final night on the air, Variety reports. The CW is scheduled to sign on the next night.

**snippity doo-dah**

© 2006 Tribune Media Services, Inc.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

the fifth man
July 1st, 2006, 10:06 PM
That's cool.

Quick question. Will the CW be on the channel UPN was on, or WB?

morjana
July 1st, 2006, 10:30 PM
That's cool.

Good quick question -- to be honest, I don't really know how they're going to do that. I would imagine it would depend on each market area. I'm sure we'll hear more about it as September rolls around...

Morjana

the fifth man
July 2nd, 2006, 09:53 AM
Good quick question -- to be honest, I don't really know how they're going to do that. I would imagine it would depend on each market area. I'm sure we'll hear more about it as September rolls around...

Morjana

Yeah, I suppose so.:)

Trek_Girl42
July 2nd, 2006, 10:07 AM
Sweet! That's my b-day! Do we get the WB in Canada? I'd love to see the first eps of BTVS and Angel. :)

DigiFluid
July 2nd, 2006, 10:45 AM
The network, which along with UPN will be folded into The CW in the fall, will treat viewers to showings of the first episodes of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Dawson's Creek," "Felicity" and "Angel" on Sunday, Sept. 17, its final night on the air, Variety reports.

Huh. No wonder the network is going away.

/kinda makes me glad I never got the WB
//that way, I never had to channel surf past it

the fifth man
July 2nd, 2006, 10:56 AM
Huh. No wonder the network is going away.

/kinda makes me glad I never got the WB
//that way, I never had to channel surf past it

I actually thought Buffy and Angel were pretty decent shows. And the WB gave us Smallville and now Supernatural. Two shows that thankfully will live on with the new channel, the CW.:)

Trek_Girl42
July 2nd, 2006, 11:21 AM
I actually thought Buffy and Angel were pretty decent shows. And the WB gave us Smallville and now Supernatural. Two shows that thankfully will live on with the new channel, the CW.:)
The WB was responsible for Smallville? *cough* People know what I think of that show.....:S

the fifth man
July 2nd, 2006, 02:15 PM
The WB was responsible for Smallville? *cough* People know what I think of that show.....:S

Oh, I didn't. But I think I do now.;)

Trek_Girl42
July 2nd, 2006, 02:18 PM
Oh, I didn't. But I think I do now.;)
I blasted it in The Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy show tourney thread.....it got one the larger font sizes (in bold) for the kick out on the first round.....*cringes again*:)

morjana
July 2nd, 2006, 09:02 PM
That's cool.

Thanks to the Ask Matt column on TV Guide Online, I found the answer!

Go to the CW website:

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-affiliates.html

Click on your state, and it will tell you which channel will be carrying the CW.]

In N. Calif, it appears that the UPN stations will be the new CW stations.

So...what happens to the old WB stations?

According to our local WB site, KQCA-TV, they will pick up programming from Hearst-Argyle Television. They're also a sister station to our local NBC affiliate, KCRA.

(When KQCA first premiered back in 1985, they were an independent station that played mainly REALLY old movies, and had a very weak signal strength. Now, they're one of the major station in the Sacramento market.)

Morjana

Giantevilhead
July 2nd, 2006, 09:46 PM
Everything is up to the local affiliates. The networks pay the local affiliates to show their programs. The local affiliates can refuse to show certain programs if they want.

Lord Shiva
July 2nd, 2006, 10:25 PM
Maybe they'll realize those shows rock and let Joss start a new show in the Buffy universe.

Trek_Girl42
July 3rd, 2006, 03:06 PM
Maybe they'll realize those shows rock and let Joss start a new show in the Buffy universe.
They should pick up the Firefly verse, but I wouldn't say no to anything done by Joss. :)

Sadly, it probably won't happen.

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2006, 11:13 PM
Anything Joss-related will interest me. :)

DigiFluid
July 5th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Hopefully not, IMO. Those shows were....beyond lousy.

Since we're on the Whedon subject though, I wouldn't be averse to him being allowed to resurrect Firefly.

Trek_Girl42
July 5th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I just want a new Joss show, whether something in a previous verse or completly new.....he knows how to put together a great story.....:)

takinspace
September 30th, 2006, 09:24 AM
I gather this is a "real thing" but can't seem to dig up a date for the first issue. Anyone heard anything?

The Signal
September 30th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Late this year is as close to a date as we have been given so far, and yes, you're right in the assumption that its the real thing.

redrama9
November 12th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Buffy is one of my top three favorite shows that i have ever watched. Twenty Four, Stargate and Buffy being my top 3. Now although i have watched every Buffy episode at least twice i have never seen an episode of Angel. My question is, is it a good show? The reason im asking is becuase i was thinking of buying all 5 seasons on dvd. Also how many appearances does sarah michelle gellar make in the whole Angel series like i dont need an exact number but around abouts. Thanks

Aussie_86
November 12th, 2007, 11:50 PM
In short, YES, Angel is good. Just as good as Buffy. In some cases, even better.

SMG makes a couple of appearances, but Faith makes more (and more interesting ones). Also, others who come over from BtVS for some appearances (that i can remember) include Willow, Spike, Cordelia and Wesley Wyndham Price.

My advice to you is that you would NOT be wasting your money buying all 5 seasons. Buffy Season 3, Angel season 2, first half of angel season 4, second half of angel season 5, and buffy season 7 are my favourites out of all the episodes, and in my opinion, are roughly on par quality wise.

Cheers
Aussie

kharn the betrayer
November 13th, 2007, 07:45 AM
you can count Buffy's appearances on one hand

and both episodes where in season 1

Naonak
November 13th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Buffy is one of my top three favorite shows that i have ever watched. Twenty Four, Stargate and Buffy being my top 3.
*gasp* Me too! :p :D Although, in a different order... :p

Now although i have watched every Buffy episode at least twice i have never seen an episode of Angel. My question is, is it a good show? The reason im asking is becuase i was thinking of buying all 5 seasons on dvd.
No, it's not a good show.
It's an EXCELLENT show.
:p :rolleyes:

EDIT: Hmm... I'm faintly embarrased that I wrote something so cliched... ;)

redrama9
November 13th, 2007, 11:32 AM
*gasp* Me too! :p :D Although, in a different order... :p

No, it's not a good show.
It's an EXCELLENT show.
:p :rolleyes:

Thanks, haha i didn't put them in that order for any particular reason if i had to put them in order i would probably say Buffy, twenty four, stargate. Although it is a hard choice.

MmmmMcKAy
November 13th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Angel's a wonderful show.:) You won't be disappointed.

Ripple in Space
November 13th, 2007, 07:06 PM
IMO, I started out as a Buffy fan (and still am), but I prefer Angel. If you are a big Buffy fan, you'll appreciate that the bulk of the cast are straight out of Sunnydale.

Angel - you probably guessed that one.

Cordelia Chase - Scoobie BtVS S1-3, then stars in Angel S1-4, and guest stars in S5.

Wesley Wyndham-Pryce - Buffy & Faith's S3 Watcher, and then stars in Angel S1.5-5. Arguably the most developed character Joss Whedon's ever written. Willow would be the only other contender, and they actually have an on-screen debate over it.

Spike - He guest stars along with Oz in Season 1 of Angel, and then stars in all of Angel Season 5. He and Angel's debates over who is the better champion, or Buffy's favorite are hilarious.

Harmony - Guest stars early on looking for her "path." Then she stars in season five as Angel's secretary.

Faith - Has two major arcs on Angel, Buffy appears in the first one, and Willow appears in the second.

The Master - He appears in flashbacks, and we see why Angel says that he's too scared to face off with him in Season 1.

Darla - Angel's Sire & 100-year lover. She made multiple appearance in Buffy Season 1, until Angel killed her to save Buffy.

Drusilla - She and Darla serve as a major threat to Angel.

Buffy, Willow and Oz - see above.

Giles & Dawn in phone conversations.

Andrew - Guest stars in Season 5 twice.

Basically every Buffy character has played some part, but since Xander hated Angel so much, he never appears, and is only mentioned by Cordelia and Andrew.

Angel is a more interesting show imo. Though it is extremely inconsistant.

Season 1 - is gritty, and follows more of a noir, investigative format.

Season 2 - also gritty, but drops the noir/detective Angel into the background rather than the forefront. Darla & Drusilla become a major problem.

Season 3 - cast expands, and Angel deals with past friends and foes coming into his present life.

Season 4 - almost completely drops the episodic format, and nearly every episode is a part of one big arc, picking up when the last one closed.

Season 5 - Spike joins the cast, and the show's scope & budget become much bigger.

redrama9
November 14th, 2007, 09:25 PM
IMO, I started out as a Buffy fan (and still am), but I prefer Angel. If you are a big Buffy fan, you'll appreciate that the bulk of the cast are straight out of Sunnydale.

Angel - you probably guessed that one.

Cordelia Chase - Scoobie BtVS S1-3, then stars in Angel S1-4, and guest stars in S5.

Wesley Wyndham-Pryce - Buffy & Faith's S3 Watcher, and then stars in Angel S1.5-5. Arguably the most developed character Joss Whedon's ever written. Willow would be the only other contender, and they actually have an on-screen debate over it.

Spike - He guest stars along with Oz in Season 1 of Angel, and then stars in all of Angel Season 5. He and Angel's debates over who is the better champion, or Buffy's favorite are hilarious.

Harmony - Guest stars early on looking for her "path." Then she stars in season five as Angel's secretary.

Faith - Has two major arcs on Angel, Buffy appears in the first one, and Willow appears in the second.

The Master - He appears in flashbacks, and we see why Angel says that he's too scared to face off with him in Season 1.

Darla - Angel's Sire & 100-year lover. She made multiple appearance in Buffy Season 1, until Angel killed her to save Buffy.

Drusilla - She and Darla serve as a major threat to Angel.

Buffy, Willow and Oz - see above.

Giles & Dawn in phone conversations.

Andrew - Guest stars in Season 5 twice.

Basically every Buffy character has played some part, but since Xander hated Angel so much, he never appears, and is only mentioned by Cordelia and Andrew.

Angel is a more interesting show imo. Though it is extremely inconsistant.

Season 1 - is gritty, and follows more of a noir, investigative format.

Season 2 - also gritty, but drops the noir/detective Angel into the background rather than the forefront. Darla & Drusilla become a major problem.

Season 3 - cast expands, and Angel deals with past friends and foes coming into his present life.

Season 4 - almost completely drops the episodic format, and nearly every episode is a part of one big arc, picking up when the last one closed.

Season 5 - Spike joins the cast, and the show's scope & budget become much bigger.

Thanks that was a good character summary, but what i dont get is how can darla be in Angel if shes dead:S same with spike but spike i suppose i dont know how they bring hinm back but i know they can becuase he didn't actualy go dust but darla she was dust dont understand how she can be in it but i guess i will find out.

bliv
November 15th, 2007, 03:06 AM
You'll have to watch and see how the characters return. Both are written into the script in a manner such that they don't just show up without reason.

Trek_Girl42
November 15th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks that was a good character summary, but what i dont get is how can darla be in Angel if shes dead:S same with spike but spike i suppose i dont know how they bring hinm back but i know they can becuase he didn't actualy go dust but darla she was dust dont understand how she can be in it but i guess i will find out.
You don't want to know. Just watch. :D Angel is a fantastic show and well worth your $$$. The only season that wasn't excellent was season four, which was plagued with behind the scenes issues which made for a messed up overall arc (but still has some fantastic episodes and "mini arcs" in there, and season four is just filled with some of the best episode ending moments I've ever seen).

kharn the betrayer
November 15th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Season 4... gah

the only episodes I liked where the ones including Faith...

Season 4 also has that horrid relationship between 2 certain characters *gags*

but oh well Season 5 made up for it IMO with some really great episodes like Smiletime

Trek_Girl42
November 15th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Season 4... gah

the only episodes I liked where the ones including Faith...

Season 4 also has that horrid relationship between 2 certain characters *gags*

but oh well Season 5 made up for it IMO with some really great episodes like Smiletime
Ugh.....that was one of the creepiest relationships ever seen on television. Truly disturbing.

Season Five is my favourite season. :D

Ripple in Space
November 15th, 2007, 02:18 PM
You don't want to know. Just watch. :D Angel is a fantastic show and well worth your $$$. The only season that wasn't excellent was season four, which was plagued with behind the scenes issues which made for a messed up overall arc (but still has some fantastic episodes and "mini arcs" in there, and season four is just filled with some of the best episode ending moments I've ever seen).

Even David Boreanaz (Angel) didn't like season 4. The episodes were decent enough, some great, but the Arc was terrible. Charisma Carpenter's (Cordelia) real life pregnancy & contract negotiations made it hard for Joss to write.

As for Darla, in the beginning she's only in flashbacks.

redrama9
November 15th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Well based on the feedback here i went and bought the first season yesterday. I didn't buy the box set as for some reason buying the season sets by themselves is the same price. Anyway i have watched 5 episodes and it is definitely different to buffy. II can’t believe Angel destroyed the Gem of immarra. He could have at least kept it for a few episodes! would have made the writers jobs a lot easier letting him go in the sunlight.

the fifth man
November 15th, 2007, 06:07 PM
5 episodes in? You're just getting started. Things definitely get better and better as you continue on. Enjoy.:)

kharn the betrayer
November 15th, 2007, 09:26 PM
5 episodes in? You're just getting started. Things definitely get better and better as you continue on. Enjoy.:)

well till S4 then you are more like WTF...ewwww who and who did what! and then... bleh

yes yes I know I repeated my last post basically

S4 had some great but poorly executed ideas and some downright WTF worthy things going on <_<

redrama9
November 15th, 2007, 10:46 PM
How good was the episode I will remember you. Great episode i just finished watching it. Definitely my favourite episode of the 8 i have watched so far. It was worth buying the first season just for that episode to see another episode of buffy and the angel story arc. Obviously i know that there wont be many other story arcs that happen that are too do with the other show but it is nice for me to kind of get a new 'buffy' episode after all this time.

Naonak
November 15th, 2007, 11:34 PM
How good was the episode I will remember you. Great episode i just finished watching it. Definitely my favourite episode of the 8 i have watched so far.
Oh, just wait until the next episode... :sheppardanime32:

Ripple in Space
November 15th, 2007, 11:35 PM
How good was the episode I will remember you. Great episode i just finished watching it. Definitely my favourite episode of the 8 i have watched so far. It was worth buying the first season just for that episode to see another episode of buffy and the angel story arc. Obviously i know that there wont be many other story arcs that happen that are too do with the other show but it is nice for me to kind of get a new 'buffy' episode after all this time.

Did you know that Joss Whedon is writing Buffy Season Eight at this very moment? He's already released the first Arc, and the second is 3 issues in. It's in comic book form, but it is from the REAL Buffy writing team & is canon.

Mousie
November 15th, 2007, 11:57 PM

Smiletime is one of the best eps I've ever seen - "look at the wee little puppet man!"

pokeyspride2002
November 16th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Buffy is one of my top three favorite shows that i have ever watched. Twenty Four, Stargate and Buffy being my top 3. Now although i have watched every Buffy episode at least twice i have never seen an episode of Angel. My question is, is it a good show? The reason im asking is becuase i was thinking of buying all 5 seasons on dvd. Also how many appearances does sarah michelle gellar make in the whole Angel series like i dont need an exact number but around abouts. Thanks

Hi, Pokeys pride Here!! I own all 7 seasons of Buffy and have seen all 5 seasons of angel, I believe Sarah is only in three eps of angel. ANd angel is a very good show!!!! nice ot meet anther Buffy fan.

kharn the betrayer
November 16th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Sarah was only in 2

the ''3rd appearance'' in S5

when Spike and Angel where in Rome... that wasnt actually Buffy

Trek_Girl42
November 16th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Sarah was only in 2

the ''3rd appearance'' in S5

when Spike and Angel where in Rome... that wasnt actually Buffy
Her voice also appeared in another S5 episode "Soul Purpose"- though I think the clips were taken from a Buffy episode, though I'm not 100% sure.

kharn the betrayer
November 16th, 2007, 03:27 PM
I was talking about on screen appearances only and I dont remember that... hmm maybe I should go rewatch S5 again

oh and Willow makes a brief appearance at the very end of Season 2 for obvious reasons if you know what season of Buffy Angel S2 runs along side with

SheWolf
November 16th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Hey guys!
I'm a Buffy and Angel fan, loved both series. I love how Joss keeps trying out people in one series before moving them on to the next... Nathan Fillion was in Buffy and Gina Torres was in Angel before they joined on Firefly. I was Wiccan when I started watching the show and it was nice to have Willow to relate to!

redrama9
November 16th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Did you know that Joss Whedon is writing Buffy Season Eight at this very moment? He's already released the first Arc, and the second is 3 issues in. It's in comic book form, but it is from the REAL Buffy writing team & is canon.

yeah i did know but not really interested in reading a comic book. Obviously i would love to know what a season 8 would be like and how the world is with so many slayers but na not going to read a comic book.

without giving much away.... because season 5 of Angel is after season 7 of buffy does the fact that there are so many slayers come into the equation of season 5 of Angel? i mean im assuming it would have too how could they just ignore it.

kharn the betrayer
November 16th, 2007, 08:40 PM
you really should give the S8 comic a chance just because its a comic should not stop you from trying it(and its not like comics are expensive any ways) its really not different than reading a book other than it has pictures doing the describing

as for Angel S5 they have an episode dealing with a rogue slayer (not evil but just down right not right in the head) but thats pretty much it

Ripple in Space
November 20th, 2007, 04:42 PM
yeah i did know but not really interested in reading a comic book. Obviously i would love to know what a season 8 would be like and how the world is with so many slayers but na not going to read a comic book.

I'm not a comic book person either. As a matter of fact, Buffy Season Eight was the first I've ever read. TrekGirl from here turned me onto it.

I won't say that it's as good as the show, because the actors are what made the show, but since it's written by Joss, you get to see how your favorite characters are doing. And since it's been a few months now, the first Arc is being offered in book form.

IMO, an arc is roughly equal to an episode, so for every 5 issues, it is one episode.

redrama9
November 21st, 2007, 07:44 AM
Well i have watched the whole of season 1 and it was good enough that i decided to buy season 2. It’s a bit different to buffy as in buffy is a bit more on the humour side of things. Buffy is a better show I think but Angel is still definitely worth watching.

doublecut
November 21st, 2007, 08:41 AM
Glad you're enjoying it, redrama9.

You'll find, that even though it is different from Buffy in tone, that you'll end up addicted to it just as much. One of the best episodes of season 2, "Are You Or Have You Ever Been" is a series classic...and right on the first disc. And it just goes from there.

I envy you. I wish I was still able to enjoy episodes from the Buffyverse for the first time. And this f***ing writers strike is going to make the wait for Joss' new show Dollhouse that much more painful.

Ripple in Space
November 21st, 2007, 12:13 PM
Well i have watched the whole of season 1 and it was good enough that i decided to buy season 2. It’s a bit different to buffy as in buffy is a bit more on the humour side of things. Buffy is a better show I think but Angel is still definitely worth watching.

I won't say Angel gets better, however, if you're looking for Buffy-esque humor, Season 5 is for you. When Angel & Spike aren't fighting to the death, they are comically debating frivolous issues like Cavemen vs. Astronauts:
SPIKE
It's ********, Angel! It's your brand of ******** from the first to
last.

ANGEL
No, you can't ever see the big picture. You can't see any picture!

SPIKE
I am talking about something primal. Right? Savagery. Brutal animal
instinct.

ANGEL
And that wins out every time with you.
(in Spike's face)
You know, the human race has evolved, Spike!
(walks away from Spike)

SPIKE
(follows Angel making mocking gestures)
Oh, into a bunch of namby-pamby, self-analyzing ******s who could
never hope to—

ANGEL
We're bigger. We're smarter. Plus, there's a thing called teamwork,
not to mention the superstitious terror of your pure aggressors!

SPIKE
You just want it to be the way you want it to be.
ANGEL
(yelling)
It's not about what I want!

WESLEY
(walks up to the office door)
Sorry. Is this something we should all be discussing?
ANGEL
(embarrassed to be caught by Wes, backs away from Spike)
No.

WESLEY
It just...sounds a little serious.

ANGEL
It was mostly...theoretical. We...

SPIKE
(calmly)
We were just working out a b—
(passionate again)
Look, if cavemen and astronauts got into a fight, who would win?
(crosses his arms and looks expectantly at Wes)

WESLEY
Ah. You've been yelling at each other for 40 minutes about this?
(Angel looks down, Spike stares at Wes, still expecting an answer)
(looks pensive, crosses his arms)
Do the astronauts have weapons?

ANGEL & SPIKE
(simultaneously)
No.

Who Buffy likes better:

ANGEL: Buffy never really loved you: Because you weren't me.
SPIKE: Guess that means she was thinking about you... all those times I was puttin' it to her.

Who saved the world more:
ANGEL
I helped save the world, you know.

SPIKE
Like I haven't.

ANGEL
Yeah, but I've done it a lot more.

SPIKE
Oh, please.

ANGEL
I closed the hellmouth.

SPIKE
I've done that.

ANGEL
Yeah, you wore a necklace. You know, I helped kill the mayor and,
uh, and Jasmine and—

SPIKE
Do those really count as savin' the world?

ANGEL
I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

SPIKE
Buffy ran you through with a sword.

ANGEL
Yeah, but I made her do it. I signaled her with my eyes.

SPIKE
She killed you. I helped her!
(points)
That one counts as mine.

ANGEL
My point is I'm better than this. OK? We're better than this. What
the hell could Buffy see in him?

DEMON BUTLER
(stepping out of a nearby car, speaking in an Italian accent)
Perhaps she likes the cut of his trousers.

Cordelia learning that Spike got his soul and teasing him:

CORDELIA
Spike.
(smiles, laughs)
Well, well. I heard you weren't evil anymore, which kind of makes
the hair silly.
(Spike changes into vampire facade)
Or nice?
(Spike walks purposefully toward Cordelia)
Aah! Aah!
(Spike grabs Cordelia and bites her neck; Cordy screams)
Aah!

Trek_Girl42
November 21st, 2007, 05:40 PM
Great quotes Ripple in Space! I've been re-watching season five in anticipation of "After the Fall" and those moments just never get old. Got "Not Fade Away" to watch tonight, since I can't get my copy of the comic book until tomorrow! :eek:

Hey guys!
I'm a Buffy and Angel fan, loved both series. I love how Joss keeps trying out people in one series before moving them on to the next... Nathan Fillion was in Buffy and Gina Torres was in Angel before they joined on Firefly. I was Wiccan when I started watching the show and it was nice to have Willow to relate to!
Other way around. :) Nathan Fillion and Gina Torres took those roles after Firefly was cancelled. And of course Adam Baldwin played Marcus Hamilton in season five of Angel. Summer Glau on the other hand appeared in an episode of Angel before she was cast in Firefly.

without giving much away.... because season 5 of Angel is after season 7 of buffy does the fact that there are so many slayers come into the equation of season 5 of Angel? i mean im assuming it would have too how could they just ignore it.
Ooh, the comic is completely worth it- while you do miss the actors, it does maintain the spirit of the show extraordinarily well, and the dialog, when reading it, you just hear it in your head like it came right from the actors' mouths it is so spot on with the show. The writers working on this are fantastic- first you've got Joss, and then a number of other writers from the series are trying their hand at future issues, but right now Brian K. Vaughn's arc is just.....he gets the character of Faith so perfectly, and he is an amazing seasoned comics writer, and it shows. His other work is definitely worth checking out as well. ;) Buffy just translates really well on to the page, I find myself grinning with glee at all the best moments as when watching the show. :D Then there are Jo Chen's gorgeous covers.....

And definitely looking forward to finding out what happens in "Angel: After the Fall". (can't believe it's here!)

Ripple in Space
November 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM

There are two episodes where the newly activated Slayers are dealt with. The first one is completely focused around it, and in general it is very significant to resolving some S7 Buffy stuff. It also lets us know that Giles still thinks of Wes as a second-rate Watcher, even after 4 years of working with Angel.

The second slightly addresses the Slayer situation, but Joss elaborates on it in Buffy Season Eight (comic).

redrama9
November 24th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Glad you're enjoying it, redrama9.

You'll find, that even though it is different from Buffy in tone, that you'll end up addicted to it just as much. One of the best episodes of season 2, "Are You Or Have You Ever Been" is a series classic...and right on the first disc. And it just goes from there.

I envy you. I wish I was still able to enjoy episodes from the Buffyverse for the first time.

Yeah its good to have new episodes to watch. Also everything seems to be pretty original no stories that you have already seen on buffy. I liked the flashbacks of the past in season 2 i always looked forward to seeing one of those. And they did it in a way that made it really good if you had seen the flashback of Spike killing the slayer in the boxing rebellion getting the story of what Angel and Darla where doing while spike was fighting the slayer. I hope there are more flashbacks of the past in the next season. haha i also thought it was funny some of the things Angel said to the master.

kharn the betrayer
November 24th, 2007, 10:57 AM
oh dont worry you will get to see plenty of flash backs by the end of the series

Ripple in Space
November 24th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah its good to have new episodes to watch. Also everything seems to be pretty original no stories that you have already seen on buffy. I liked the flashbacks of the past in season 2 i always looked forward to seeing one of those. And they did it in a way that made it really good if you had seen the flashback of Spike killing the slayer in the boxing rebellion getting the story of what Angel and Darla where doing while spike was fighting the slayer. I hope there are more flashbacks of the past in the next season. haha i also thought it was funny some of the things Angel said to the master.

Buffy's "Tabula Rasa" & Angel's "Spin the Bottle" are the same concept, and aired around the same time, but they're not identical...

I like the Master flashback too, since it's used to explain 1. Why the Master considers Angelus to be the most vicious creature he's ever met (trying to take on a Big Bad as a newb), and 2. Why Angel was too scared to take on the Master in Buffy S1.

redrama9
November 29th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Well i have finished watching the first three seasons. There were a few surprises like Angel trying to kill Weasly. Cordelia ascending? so its just no stargate that has ascension. So whats all this about season 4??? Is it really that bad??? should i skip straight to season 5 but then i wont get to see how angel gets out of that box. Although im assuming the ascended cordelia will get him out one way or another. Yeah so anyway without giving much away can anyone tell me why season 4 is so bad. Are there off screen reasons why or something. Someone said above that the whole of season 4 is one big arc which sounds good which makes me more confused as to why season 4 is so much worst then the other seasons.

Naonak
November 29th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Oh, season 4 isn't actually bad (IMO at least) it just isn't as good as the rest. To be honest, I'm not totally sure why, as there's some fantastic episodes in there (it also ties in quite a lot with the final season of Buffy).

I think there's just a few elements which didn't really work, plus a kinda icky relationship (although it does make sense later).

But, no, don't skip the season.

kharn the betrayer
November 29th, 2007, 12:26 PM
as much as I dislike most of S4 you pretty much have to watch it or S5 will leave you going WTF O_o

especially when it comes to certain characters and character development (glares at Wesley) as well as why they are in the situation they are in

and ''kinda icky'' is not what i would describe that relationship as either <_<

redrama9
November 30th, 2007, 06:57 AM
i watched the first episode of season 4 and it wasn’t all that good so that isn’t encouraging.

Ripple in Space
December 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM
Seriously? I liked the first ep... Yeah, you can't skip S4. Personally, I have a problem with the Arc, not the individual episodes. Most of Angel's Arc that began in season 1 of Buffy (aside from the Buffy & Wolfram & Hart parts) leads up to episodes 20 & 21 of Season 4. And they just don't do a 7-year arc justice. Those two can't even be compared to most of the Buffy & Angel finales.

Episode 22 leads directly into Season 5.

redrama9
December 2nd, 2007, 01:58 AM
Does anyone think that Angel hurts the importance of the slayer portrayed on Buffy. On Angle humans Charles, Weasly and even Fred take out vampires easily. Charles is a good fighter but he is still human. Weasly has developed as a character and now kills vampires easily as well despite the fact he is also human. An then there is Fred i mean she hurts the image of the slayer the most. Just her and Charles took out 5 or 6 vampires at the merry go round by themselves.

On the opposite side on Buffy also does anyone think Spike got knocked around too much. He is suppose to be a vampire that has killed two slayers and he always was getting his arse kicked.

Just going by Angel its like Charles is better to have in a fight then Spike which is not true.

Naonak
December 2nd, 2007, 03:17 AM
Does anyone think that Angel hurts the importance of the slayer portrayed on Buffy. On Angle humans Charles, Weasly and even Fred take out vampires easily. Charles is a good fighter but he is still human. Weasly has developed as a character and now kills vampires easily as well despite the fact he is also human. An then there is Fred i mean she hurts the image of the slayer the most. Just her and Charles took out 5 or 6 vampires at the merry go round by themselves.
I dunno - the rest of the Scooby Gang took out their fair share of vamps too.

On the opposite side on Buffy also does anyone think Spike got knocked around too much. He is suppose to be a vampire that has killed two slayers and he always was getting his arse kicked.
Usually by Buffy... ;) I can't really think of any other examples, although I think he was usually either outnumbered or up against something kinda nasty (like Olaf).

Ripple in Space
December 2nd, 2007, 08:50 AM

Just going by Angel its like Charles is better to have in a fight then Spike which is not true.

I agree to some extent, but....

Charles Gunn has been fighting vamps for somewhere around 20 years, longer than almost anyone. He's also physically fit, with a powerful 6'4"+ 200lbs+ build. And possibly most importantly, he's not scared of Vamps. Fear is usually what does most humans in.

Wesley has now gotten into shape, lost his insecurities, plus he has ALL of the TRAINING that Slayers have. Heck, he was trained to be able to teach Slayers the ropes.

I can't say much about Fred, aside from the fact that she survived in a hell dimension on her own without super powers. And without giving away too much, she's considered by some to be the "perfect human being."

Spike, I agree with you to some extent. However, he's never been shown to be especially physically strong. Sure he outclasses 99% of vamps, but Slayers are notably stronger than Vamps. Even Angel was usually unquestionably stronger than Spike. Spike's main advantage was that he summed people's personalities up, and attacked their weaknesses. He also enjoys fighting constantly, which Slayers usually don't (sans-Faith). While Faith is stronger, I could see Spike killing her. At least he thought he could.

As far as the significance of the Slayer, well Buffy hurt that the most. Now there are thousands... From Angel, I take away that Angel is more important that Buffy for the fight of good. Angel is slightly less physically strong, but he has more combat experience, he's immortal, gun shot wounds just make him angry, he's far more durable, arguably fast, and can jump higher. He also doesn't have to sleep and eat.

A funny debate Angel and Spike have later on is about how the Big Bads that Buffy put down were more powerful, that her Big Bads could really have destroyed the world. And Spike doesn't consider Angel's battles to have been as important.

redrama9
December 2nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
I dunno - the rest of the Scooby Gang took out their fair share of vamps too.

Usually by Buffy... ;) I can't really think of any other examples, although I think he was usually either outnumbered or up against something kinda nasty (like Olaf).

not reallly i mean xander, willow and oz did 1 vampire at a time when buffy ran away after she killed angel and mostly when they had just risen, but most of the time if xander tried to take a vampire on he would just get thrown agaisnt the wall or something. Never in 7 years did we see say xander and willow take out 6 vampires at once by themselves. Even Anya when she became human was useless in a fight despite the fact she knows how to fight. When she became a vengence demon again she could hold her own against buffy. I dont remember any fights on buffy where i fought that character shouldnt have been able to do that. Charles ok say he is a great fighter two campires should be able to take him out you know what i mean.

Ripple in Space
December 2nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
not reallly i mean xander, willow and oz did 1 vampire at a time when buffy ran away after she killed angel and mostly when they had just risen, but most of the time if xander tried to take a vampire on he would just get thrown agaisnt the wall or something. Never in 7 years did we see say xander and willow take out 6 vampires at once by themselves. Even Anya when she became human was useless in a fight despite the fact she knows how to fight. When she became a vengence demon again she could hold her own against buffy. I dont remember any fights on buffy where i fought that character shouldnt have been able to do that. Charles ok say he is a great fighter two campires should be able to take him out you know what i mean.

In that episode, weren't all of those vamps malnourished & beat up by Holtz' crew before the fight?

You can't compare Xander to Gunn. Even in real life Nicholas vs. J August would be a two second fight, with Nicholas having an 8" & 30+lbs disadvantage. Much less Gunn with the expertise of vampire hunting since he was a teenager, vs. Xander who's a poor fighter even by human standards.

Cordelia: Boy, of all the humiliations you've had I've witnessed, that
was the latest.

Xander: (points back at Jack) I could've taken him.

Cordelia: Oh, please. O'Toole would macrame' your face. He is a psycho.
Which is still a lot cooler than being a wuss.

Xander: (glances at Jack) Why is it that I've come face-to-face with
vampires, demons, the most hideous creatures Hell ever spit out, and I'm
still afraid of a little bully like Jack O'Toole?

Cordelia: Because, unlike all those creatures that you've come face-to-
face with, Jack actually noticed you were there.

Xander: Why am I surprised by how comforting you're not?

Cordelia: It must be really hard when all your friends have, like,
superpowers -- Slayer, werewolf, witches, vampires -- and you're, like,
this little nothing. (Xander looks down) You must feel like Jimmy Olsen.

Xander: (chuckles) I was just talking to... (suddenly offended) Hey,
mind your own business!

Cordelia: Ooo, I struck a nerve. The boy that had no cool.

Trek_Girl42
December 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM
and ''kinda icky'' is not what i would describe that relationship as either <_<
Really really really icky, is more how I'd describe it. ;)

Flyboy
December 8th, 2007, 03:06 AM
I agree to some extent, but....

Charles Gunn has been fighting vamps for somewhere around 20 years, longer than almost anyone. He's also physically fit, with a powerful 6'4"+ 200lbs+ build. And possibly most importantly, he's not scared of Vamps. Fear is usually what does most humans in.

Wesley has now gotten into shape, lost his insecurities, plus he has ALL of the TRAINING that Slayers have. Heck, he was trained to be able to teach Slayers the ropes.

I can't say much about Fred, aside from the fact that she survived in a hell dimension on her own without super powers. And without giving away too much, she's considered by some to be the "perfect human being."

Spike, I agree with you to some extent. However, he's never been shown to be especially physically strong. Sure he outclasses 99% of vamps, but Slayers are notably stronger than Vamps. Even Angel was usually unquestionably stronger than Spike. Spike's main advantage was that he summed people's personalities up, and attacked their weaknesses. He also enjoys fighting constantly, which Slayers usually don't (sans-Faith). While Faith is stronger, I could see Spike killing her. At least he thought he could.

As far as the significance of the Slayer, well Buffy hurt that the most. Now there are thousands... From Angel, I take away that Angel is more important that Buffy for the fight of good. Angel is slightly less physically strong, but he has more combat experience, he's immortal, gun shot wounds just make him angry, he's far more durable, arguably fast, and can jump higher. He also doesn't have to sleep and eat.

A funny debate Angel and Spike have later on is about how the Big Bads that Buffy put down were more powerful, that her Big Bads could really have destroyed the world. And Spike doesn't consider Angel's battles to have been as important.
To be fair. They weren't.

If I recall rightly, it's only the Angel S4 and 5 finale where the world was at stake, the other battles were all more personal. That said, I reckon Angel (or Spike) are more integral to the Buffyverse than Buffy. Why?

Buffy S1 - Buffy could not have defeated the Master had Angel not found her in time to save her.

Buffy S2 - Angel was the big bad, whcih made him later decide to go to LA.

Buffy S3 - Whilst not defeating the mayor directly, Angel played a key role.

*Angel leaves for LA*

Buffy S4 - Unlike the previous 3 seasons, Adam does not represent a world ending threat. Buffy defeats him on her own... well... sort of.

Buffy S5 - Buffy defeats Glory, ok I'll give her that one.

Buffy S6 - Xander saves the day.

Buffy S7 - Spike saves the world using an amulate brought to him by Angel.

If we turn to look at Angel, unlike Buffy, we can't just go season by season, it was all leading up to S4. I'd argue that all the events of Angel and the first 3 seasons of Buffy lead to Angel being a pawn in the plans of two parties; Jasmine and the Senior Partners. The Senior Partners have manipulated Angel to suprress a threat to their apocalypse (the apocalypse caused by the First) and Jasmine manipulated Angel to create her world. The Senior partners win. They succesfully eliminate all competition. And now they're apocalypse is what is left. As the key figure, it is only Angel who can make a difference. All the other silly little "apocali" were insignificant. ANgel alone faces the big one.

So why is Spike the key player? Because he too has been just as integral to everything in the show, and yet there's one big difference. Even when Spike became vampire, he wasn't a monster. Angel was. Angel MADE Spike the monster. Spike sought his own soul.

redrama9
December 8th, 2007, 07:21 AM
i watched the episode that focuses on Harmony today and i have to say it is one of my favorite of the Angel series.

I have a question does anyone think that bullets should have the same impact on slayers as vampires. We have seen angel be shot lots of times i thnik it would have been better if bullets did the same damage to slayers. It would also help explain why vampires dont use guns against slayers which is something everyone thinks about when they see the show. I have no idea why they didn't make it like that. Does anyone agree with me?

Ripple in Space
December 8th, 2007, 07:25 PM
To be fair. They weren't.

If I recall rightly, it's only the Angel S4 and 5 finale where the world was at stake, the other battles were all more personal. That said, I reckon Angel (or Spike) are more integral to the Buffyverse than Buffy. Why?

Buffy S1 - Buffy could not have defeated the Master had Angel not found her in time to save her.

Buffy S2 - Angel was the big bad, whcih made him later decide to go to LA.

Buffy S3 - Whilst not defeating the mayor directly, Angel played a key role.

*Angel leaves for LA*

Buffy S4 - Unlike the previous 3 seasons, Adam does not represent a world ending threat. Buffy defeats him on her own... well... sort of.

Buffy S5 - Buffy defeats Glory, ok I'll give her that one.

Buffy S6 - Xander saves the day.

Buffy S7 - Spike saves the world using an amulate brought to him by Angel.

If we turn to look at Angel, unlike Buffy, we can't just go season by season, it was all leading up to S4. I'd argue that all the events of Angel and the first 3 seasons of Buffy lead to Angel being a pawn in the plans of two parties; Jasmine and the Senior Partners. The Senior Partners have manipulated Angel to suprress a threat to their apocalypse (the apocalypse caused by the First) and Jasmine manipulated Angel to create her world. The Senior partners win. They succesfully eliminate all competition. And now they're apocalypse is what is left. As the key figure, it is only Angel who can make a difference. All the other silly little "apocali" were insignificant. ANgel alone faces the big one.

So why is Spike the key player? Because he too has been just as integral to everything in the show, and yet there's one big difference. Even when Spike became vampire, he wasn't a monster. Angel was. Angel MADE Spike the monster. Spike sought his own soul.

The Master was just after Sunnydale, and Adam would've eventually been defeated by the US Government, maybe Woolsey would've taken care of him :P. But Angelus, Glory, Willow and The First could've destroyed the world.

The Senior Partners love the World and claim responsibility for making the world as it is. Life on Earth IS THEIR APOCALYPSE. Jasmine would have enslaved the world.

I don't know, I think Angel's just better in general, aside from being slightly weaker.

Flyboy
December 9th, 2007, 05:15 AM
I always kinda view Jasmine as good that lost its way, y'know, went a bit psychotic.

redrama9
December 12th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Well i have finished watching the entire series now. so you can ay anything to me about the show now. Anyway i wanted to ask why did the show end it wasn't getting good ratings or why? did they end the last episode like that becuase they had a expectation to get a movie green lighted or they just decided to end i like that.

Interesting that they deciced to kill Weasley. I was surprised that Lorne kiled Lindsey. I really doubted that they were going to kill Angel or Spike but im surpirsed that Gunn and surivived ahead of Weasley, Weasley being on buffy and all.

Mousie
December 12th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Well i have finished watching the entire series now. so you can ay anything to me about the show now. Anyway i wanted to ask why did the show end it wasn't getting good ratings or why? did they end the last episode like that becuase they had a expectation to get a movie green lighted or they just decided to end i like that.

Interesting that they deciced to kill Weasley. I was surprised that Lorne kiled Lindsey. I really doubted that they were going to kill Angel or Spike but im surpirsed that Gunn and surivived ahead of Weasley, Weasley being on buffy and all.

Sorry but I have to say this: His name is Wesley, not Weasley. :hammond:

Flyboy
December 12th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Sorry but I have to say this: His name is Wesley, not Weasley. :hammond:
YOU MEAN HE WASN'T HARRY POTTER'S CHILD HOOD CHUM!?

;)

Mousie
December 12th, 2007, 06:02 AM

;)

I'll admit I was thinking along the same lines. I don't remember Wesley being ginger.

Trek_Girl42
December 12th, 2007, 10:46 AM

;)
:lol:

Perhaps he dyed his hair. ;)

redrama9
December 12th, 2007, 03:05 PM
well that is how the name is traditionally spelt

Ripple in Space
December 12th, 2007, 11:10 PM

;)

Wes had more mojo than all of the Harry Potter kids combined.

Mousie
December 13th, 2007, 12:17 AM
well that is how the name is traditionally spelt

Whilst I won't suggest that I've seen every variation, I've only ever known it to be spelt Wesley. It's different when we are talking about TV characters though as their names are known and undeniable. He always has been Wesley, however it is traditionally spelt. It's like people calling Sam Carter, Crater, as they did a few years ago.

kharn the betrayer
December 13th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Wes had more mojo than all of the Harry Potter kids combined.

he was heaps more badass as well

(and Im wondering why arnt we using the regular Buffy topic that seems to refuse to die?)

redrama9
December 13th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Whilst I won't suggest that I've seen every variation, I've only ever known it to be spelt Wesley. It's different when we are talking about TV characters though as their names are known and undeniable. He always has been Wesley, however it is traditionally spelt. It's like people calling Sam Carter, Crater, as they did a few years ago.

im not saying your wrong ill take your word for it the characters name is probably spelt Wesley. Anyway the reason i spelt it Weasley is because i have never seen the characters name written. It is not the same as calling carter crater as they are pronounced totally different, however Wesley and Weasley are pronounced the same.

Mousie
December 17th, 2007, 02:25 AM
im not saying your wrong ill take your word for it the characters name is probably spelt Wesley. Anyway the reason i spelt it Weasley is because i have never seen the characters name written. It is not the same as calling carter crater as they are pronounced totally different, however Wesley and Weasley are pronounced the same.

Unflortunatly to me and those I have asked, they are not pronounced the same - Weasley would be said more along the lines of Weeesley, or the animal of a similar name. :jack_new_anime04:

What the heck though! That's what makes life interesting :daniel:

Ripple in Space
December 17th, 2007, 03:06 PM

Sorry I missed your question earlier...

Wesley was not meant to die until Joss found out that Angel wasn't being renewed. They didn't find out until the end of S5, but Joss planned on continuing the franchise in another form.

Angel's cancellation was ridiculous. Angel was the WB's #2 drama, so Joss figured he could ask for a renewal decision early. The WB chose not to renew (shortly thereafter the exec who pulled the plug was fired).

The WB then offered to make an Angel trilogy of TV Movies to continue the Buffyverse. David Boreanaz (Angel) refused unless they could get a theatrical release, so the movies fell through.

Then Joss and the WB planned on Spin-off movies, one starring Spike, one starring Illyria/Wes, and a third with Willow. All parties were on board, but James Marsters (Spike) gave them a deadline simply because he thought that him being 20 years older than Spike was supposed to look was getting silly.

Joss' schedule (Serenity, formerly Wonderwoman, etc.), the WB's closure and everything caused too many delays, and now 20-something Spike is beyond what 45-y/o Marsters can see himself pulling off.

The chances of any movies are basically gone, but the BBC is planing on doing a Giles/Ripper Movie/series.

As for what happens next, Joss is currently writing the continuation, and we now know that:
Angel, Spike, Illyria, Connor, Nina (Angel's girlfriend) and Electro-Gwen survived. The team disbanded, Angel now works alone... well with his pet dragon (the dragon in NFA was working for TPTB). Spike thinks that after killing the Circle of the Black Thorn, he's atoned for his evil, and has retired for now.

Connor, Gwen & Nina form a resistance for humans.

Gunn was turned into a vamp, and now is a Big Bad.

Wes died, but his ghost is working for Wolfram & Hart, since his contract extends past death. He's implied to be straddling the line between good and evil, but aides both W&H and Angel.

And Wolfram & Hart sent all of Los Angeles into a hell dimension to punish Angel & co. It's implied that they're trapped there.

redrama9
December 19th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Sorry I missed your question earlier...

Wesley was not meant to die until Joss found out that Angel wasn't being renewed. They didn't find out until the end of S5, but Joss planned on continuing the franchise in another form.

Angel's cancellation was ridiculous. Angel was the WB's #2 drama, so Joss figured he could ask for a renewal decision early. The WB chose not to renew (shortly thereafter the exec who pulled the plug was fired).

The WB then offered to make an Angel trilogy of TV Movies to continue the Buffyverse. David Boreanaz (Angel) refused unless they could get a theatrical release, so the movies fell through.

Then Joss and the WB planned on Spin-off movies, one starring Spike, one starring Illyria/Wes, and a third with Willow. All parties were on board, but James Marsters (Spike) gave them a deadline simply because he thought that him being 20 years older than Spike was supposed to look was getting silly.

Joss' schedule (Serenity, formerly Wonderwoman, etc.), the WB's closure and everything caused too many delays, and now 20-something Spike is beyond what 45-y/o Marsters can see himself pulling off.

The chances of any movies are basically gone, but the BBC is planing on doing a Giles/Ripper Movie/series.

As for what happens next, Joss is currently writing the continuation, and we now know that:
Angel, Spike, Illyria, Connor, Nina (Angel's girlfriend) and Electro-Gwen survived. The team disbanded, Angel now works alone... well with his pet dragon (the dragon in NFA was working for TPTB). Spike thinks that after killing the Circle of the Black Thorn, he's atoned for his evil, and has retired for now.

Connor, Gwen & Nina form a resistance for humans.

Gunn was turned into a vamp, and now is a Big Bad.

Wes died, but his ghost is working for Wolfram & Hart, since his contract extends past death. He's implied to be straddling the line between good and evil, but aides both W&H and Angel.

And Wolfram & Hart sent all of Los Angeles into a hell dimension to punish Angel & co. It's implied that they're trapped there.

Sonds like David Boreanaz is ultimatly respo nisble then for the buffyverse ending i wonder why he wouldn't make tv / dvd movies.

Ripple in Space
December 19th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Sonds like David Boreanaz is ultimatly respo nisble then for the buffyverse ending i wonder why he wouldn't make tv / dvd movies.

I imagine he figured that committing to television movies about the same character he'd been playing for 8 years couldn't be the best career move. To be honest, his Bones gig now gives him better exposure than the Buffyverse ever did.

Trek_Girl42
December 19th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I imagine he figured that committing to television movies about the same character he'd been playing for 8 years couldn't be the best career move. To be honest, his Bones gig now gives him better exposure than the Buffyverse ever did.
Unfortunately I've got to agree.....though I just started watching Bones and he's great in it; he looks like he's having a lot of fun.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
December 26th, 2007, 09:07 PM
The Master was just after Sunnydale, and Adam would've eventually been defeated by the US Government, maybe Woolsey would've taken care of him :P. But Angelus, Glory, Willow and The First could've destroyed the world.

The Senior Partners love the World and claim responsibility for making the world as it is. Life on Earth IS THEIR APOCALYPSE. Jasmine would have enslaved the world.

I don't know, I think Angel's just better in general, aside from being slightly weaker.

The Master's rising would have also brought apocalyptic hordes of demons (possibly the Old Ones) out of the Hellmouth. The tentacular demon was just the beginning.

Adam wouldn't have ended the world instantly, but his army was a dire threat to the world and only the combined powers of Willow, Xander, Giles, and Buffy stopped it from happening.

I agree that Angel's Big Bads operated on less of a seasonal basis and more of a series basis. It was all leading up to conflicts with Jasmine and the Senior Partners.

Also, I don't honestly think that Connor/Cordelia was that icky. Except for the fact that she was possessed by Jasmine, but Connor didn't know that. Factoring in Quor'toth time, she was only four years older than him.

Ripple in Space
December 26th, 2007, 10:30 PM
The Master's rising would have also brought apocalyptic hordes of demons (possibly the Old Ones) out of the Hellmouth. The tentacular demon was just the beginning.

Adam wouldn't have ended the world instantly, but his army was a dire threat to the world and only the combined powers of Willow, Xander, Giles, and Buffy stopped it from happening.

I agree that Angel's Big Bads operated on less of a seasonal basis and more of a series basis. It was all leading up to conflicts with Jasmine and the Senior Partners.

Also, I don't honestly think that Connor/Cordelia was that icky. Except for the fact that she was possessed by Jasmine, but Connor didn't know that. Factoring in Quor'toth time, she was only four years older than him.

We saw an alt. dimension where the Master succeeded. Giles must've pulled some mojo to keep the hellmouth closed. And I doubt that there were Old Ones down there. The Master just hung out in Sunnydale. At some point the US Military would've taken Adam down. I'm pretty sure a fighter jet or tank would've owned him.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
December 27th, 2007, 09:36 AM
The Master presumably rose from the Harvest in the Wishverse. The Hellmouth opening and the demons escaping to end the world was only mentioned as what would happen if he got out months later, from feeding on Buffy (Slayer blood, that's the good stuff).

Adam already engineered the deaths of the majority of the troops in the Initiative base. If the Scoobies hadn't been there, the casualities would have been total, and the outside world would be without warning for the emergence of Adam's army. Being military demon-cyborg-zombies, they'd be both willing and able to use fighter jets and tanks of their own. Adam himself, with his uranium power core and incredible toughness, probably wouldn't be taken out by anything less than a nuclear strike, if the military could make his location.

prion
April 28th, 2008, 01:51 PM
In a roundabout way...

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2008/04/the_wb_kids_wb_live_again_onli.php

excerpt:

April 28, 2008 12:51 PM

The WB, Kids’ WB Live Again Online
By Sergio Ibarra

Warner Bros. Television Group will resurrect its former broadcast network, The WB, as a new ad-supported Web video-based interactive site, TheWB.com. The site will feature some of the studio’s most popular shows from its library targeted to the 16- to 34-year-old demographic.

Warner Bros. also will launch KidsWB.com, a site aimed at ages 6-11, featuring the studio’s collection of animated favorites, from classic Looney Tunes sketches to more recent fare.

Both sites are touted as “interactive and personalized,” allowing users to create playlists and communities based around their preferred programming.

TheWB.com will include shows from its broadcast lineup, including “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Everwood” and “Roswell,” in addition to shows produced by Warner Bros. Television such as “The OC,” “Veronica Mars” and “Friends.” Viewers will be able to watch episodes of the series and interact with other fans.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Madwelshboy
November 28th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Joss Whedon is planning to resurrect Buffy The Vampire Slayer on the big screen, an Australian newspaper has claimed.

The success of vampire film Twilight has led the writer to consider bringing the franchise to cinemas, reports the Herald-Sun.

Whedon is said to have a script based on the TV show ready to start production as soon as he is given the green light.

The Buffy character first appeared in 1992 movie Buffy The Vampire Slayer, starring Kristy Swanson.

Whedon then adapted the story for the small screen in 1997, with Sarah Michelle Gellar in the title role.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a136947/buffy-heading-for-the-big-screen.html

Jeffala
November 28th, 2008, 04:06 AM
YAY! I hope it comes to fruition.

Bagpuss
November 28th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Ditto ! I really miss the Scooby Gang .:D

Jeffala
November 28th, 2008, 07:59 AM
THE RETURN OF DARTH ROSENBERG!

(Doubtful, but it would make me extremely happy.)

Bagpuss
November 28th, 2008, 08:02 AM
You liked Dark-magicky,vengeful Willow too ?

Oh boy,I'd love to see more of that from Alyson Hannigan !:cool:

Jeffala
November 28th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Totally!

Even the Season 7 episode where Anya and Buffy go at it and Willow went all dark and veiny for about 3 seconds was delightful.

kharn the betrayer
November 28th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Darth Willow is awesome she was pretty much the highlight of season 6 for me(well her and Tara any ways)

spoilers for Buffy Season 8
also I liked her appearance in the current Buffy Season 8 Arc~

stargatefan234
November 28th, 2008, 12:49 PM
If it is a Buffy-VERSE then :D

Bagpuss
November 28th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Totally!

Even the Season 7 episode where Anya and Buffy go at it and Willow went all dark and veiny for about 3 seconds was delightful.
Amen ! More ,please,Mr Whedon .:cool:
I loved Willow all the way through the seasons,but seeing the good girl go dark was a wonderful thing ,and so justified after what happened to Tara.

Darth Willow is awesome she was pretty much the highlight of season 6 for me(well her and Tara any ways)
Agreed.
I don't normally ship/slash but Joss created my second-favourite ever tv pairing with W/T.
( First place goes to Inara/Mal,btw.)

Both Willow and Tara were well-rounded characters ,both "fit" into the show and the team.Neither was a shady tree, where one partner gets all the lines and plot ,and the other is submissive.
No shilly-shallying like most tv show writers dole out.
He's a brave writer,imo .:cool:

Jeffala
November 28th, 2008, 01:23 PM
And the musical episode "Once More With Feeling"! I loved it. I have the soundtrack. I sing along!

(And I'm not embarrassed by that at all! :P )

Bagpuss
November 28th, 2008, 01:28 PM
No need to be embarassed at all.:D

I sing along too,though I've been offered bribes to "pleasegodjustshaddap !" by my kids. :P

the fifth man
November 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I'll admit that I rather enjoyed Buffy. If he could get as much of the original cast from the show together as possible, I'd be all for it.

kharn the betrayer
November 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM
while I dont sing along to that episode I also admit I enjoyed it~

and since it seems people here like that episode

heres the online version of the official poster

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=2275&mode=search

which i really really wouldent mind having a proper copy to go on my wall

knowles2
November 29th, 2008, 03:19 AM
I would not mind the film at all.

Wonder what the story will be about through.

As long as they do not recon anything from the last episode of the tv series, Willow super powerful, they have small army in a yellow school bus, exander(sp?) only got one eye if I remember rightly to.
Then I be happy to see this at the cinema.
But I hope it not base all around vampires.

Jeffala
November 29th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Random aside: the mention of the school bus made me think of Anya's fate and that made me sad. :(

TheRandomOne
November 29th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Bring in Angel damn it & Spike ;) & make it the vampire version of Independence Day

the fifth man
November 29th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Bring in Angel damn it & Spike ;) & make it the vampire version of Independence Day

Angel and Spike being in it would be so bada**!:)

pbellosom
November 30th, 2008, 08:41 AM
If they do this my vote is for them setting it within the series as oppose to afterwards so as to minimise conflicting with Season Eight

Flyboy
November 30th, 2008, 09:10 AM
If they do this my vote is for them setting it within the series as oppose to afterwards so as to minimise conflicting with Season Eight
Except for the fact that the characters would have REALLY aged...

I don't know much about the S8 continuity (except giant Dawn is freaky), but I'm sure a standalone movie in keeping with S8 canon is achievable. Although Whedon has said, that he doesnt mind discarding comic canon if new live action oppertunities arise.

knowles2
November 30th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Never seen the comic, do not really like comics so ignoring them is not a problem for me.

the fifth man
November 30th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I just watched the show. I'm not at all familiar with the Buffy comics. What, did they continue on from the end of the series?

Flyboy
December 1st, 2008, 02:37 AM
I just watched the show. I'm not at all familiar with the Buffy comics. What, did they continue on from the end of the series?
Yes. I haven't read them myself, but Joss Whedon considers them an official canonical continuation where

Buffy is head slayer, there's an army of slayers, the US military are extremely uncomfortable with this, and regards them as some kind of terrorist group, Xander is a watcher, Giles is rebuilding the Watcher's council, and for some silly reason, Dawn is a giant. There's also an Angel Series 6, where after saving the world, Gunn is a vampire, Wesley's soul is in service to Wolfram and Hart and Angel is, apparently, mortal.

Pharaoh Atem
December 1st, 2008, 06:02 AM
a bit late now buffy will be seen as trying to rip off twilight. cause most young have never heard of this show

i on the other hand am bloody excited if this is true

Jeffala
December 1st, 2008, 07:59 AM
a bit late now buffy will be seen as trying to rip off twilight. cause most young have never heard of this show

Yeah, it's not unusual for young people to be culturally retarded.

jds1982
December 1st, 2008, 09:17 AM

i on the other hand am bloody excited if this is true

I remember reading a letter in T.V. Guide where some girl thought Tru Blood was ripping off Twilight, even though the books it was based off were written like 5 years before Twilight came out.

Ripple in Space
December 1st, 2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah the fact that it'll "throw out" Joss' current cannon work is the only thing that bothers me...

the fifth man
December 2nd, 2008, 07:12 PM
Yes. I haven't read them myself, but Joss Whedon considers them an official canonical continuation where

Buffy is head slayer, there's an army of slayers, the US military are extremely uncomfortable with this, and regards them as some kind of terrorist group, Xander is a watcher, Giles is rebuilding the Watcher's council, and for some silly reason, Dawn is a giant. There's also an Angel Series 6, where after saving the world, Gunn is a vampire, Wesley's soul is in service to Wolfram and Hart and Angel is, apparently, mortal.

Thanks for filling me in.:)

Flyboy
December 3rd, 2008, 03:56 AM
Thanks for filling me in.:)
You're welcome.

Madwelshboy
December 7th, 2008, 12:57 AM
You just can't keep a good Slayer down. Recent rumours suggest that Buffy Summers and the remnants of her Scooby Gang could well be heading for cinema screens in the near future - over five years since Joss Whedon's legendary television series concluded. But do the actors really need to exhume their old characters for a career boost? Cult Spy looks at how the Sunnydale dwellers, or at least those who weren't killed off early, have fared since leaving the wonderful world of wooden stakes.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a137550/buffy-where-are-they-now.html

the fifth man
December 7th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I had not known what some of them have been up to lately. Thanks for posting the link to that. I really hope most of them can come together for this.

Ripple in Space
December 15th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Thank you for the article! Green. I knew most of the info, and agreed with all of it except the bit about Marsters--he's starring in a $100m blockbuster that releases soon (second billing after the protagonist?), if it does even moderately well, I believe that would put him into a level of success beyond any of the others which is pretty far from needing a career boost.

Madwelshboy
December 24th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Buffy The Vampire Slayer character Oz will be the focus of a new comic book series written by the show's former writer and producer Jane Espenson.

The scribe told Sci Fi Wire that she is returning to the Sunnydale-based franchise to pen the further adventures of the werewolf, played by Seth Green in the television show.

"I'm doing this five-issue Oz arc," she said. "I am planning on doing a lot of writing on that over the Christmas break."

However, she revealed that her work on another Joss Whedon project will take precedence, saying: "The next thing I'm going to do is finish this Dollhouse script, then we get into that Oz comic and really, really knock that out."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a139068/buffy-writer-returns-for-oz-comic.html

pbellosom
December 28th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Excellent! Oz was always one of my favourite characters. Do we know if this will be part of the season 8 comic or a separate thing?

Wolf O'Donnell
December 29th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Excellent! Oz was always one of my favourite characters. Do we know if this will be part of the season 8 comic or a separate thing?

I hope its just a season eight thing... i already had o drop "Angel after the fall" to save cash.

Madwelshboy
February 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Joss Whedon states Buffy movie not proceeding

Despite numerous rumours that 20th Century Fox are planning to finance a movie based on the long running TV series, Joss Whedon has said that no one has approached him about a return to the big screen for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Promoting the launch of his new series Dollhouse, Whedon told reporters that there "is not going to be" a Buffy movie. "I think that’s pretty much it. Nobody has ever broached the subject from the studio side. I think everybody is busy working, so I think that it probably won’t happen. That’s my guess..." although he admitted that "the landscape changes constantly."

Whedon will continue to oversee the continuing Buffy and Angel adventures produced by IDW, and hopes for further comics based on the Firefly TV series.

http://www.dwscifi.com/news/3130-joss-whedon-states-buffy-movie-not-proceeding

Jeffala
February 18th, 2009, 11:37 AM
:(

Madwelshboy
April 2nd, 2009, 03:47 AM
Angel's James Marsters still up for Spike spinoff, but he's not getting younger

James Marsters, who played the vampire Spike on TV's Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, told SCI FI Wire that a spinoff centering on his character is still a possibility, but the aging actor needs to be sure that lighting and makeup can still make him look like the eternally young vampire.

"Oh, yeah, when Angel was coming down, [creator] Joss [Whedon] came to me and said, 'Do you want to do a Spike project?'" Marsters said in an exclusive interview on Monday in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was promoting Dragonball: Evolution. "And I said, 'Heck yes. In fact, whatever you want to do, whether it's Spike or not, wherever I am in the world, just call me. I'll come running. But you have seven years, Joss, because I don't want to do Spike aging. Let's keep him the same age, and I think that I can hold that look for about seven years before it starts to become too different.' Maybe there's a few more years, but at this point, really it would all have to do with a camera test. Can we light my face in such a way that it's still in the same ballpark as what the audience is used to? If that's possible, then I think that it would be a good thing to do."

Angel wrapped in 2004, and time is running out. "Oh, he's got one more year," Marsters said. "Come on, Joss. I wrote it for him. I gave him the story."

Marsters' plan for Spike is to finally step up and get what he wants. "I would like to see Spike proactively accomplish something for himself, not be a guinea pig or along for the ride, but to actually decide that he needs something and go get it for himself," Marsters said. "That would be nice."

Unfortunately, as it always goes with Buffy, the Spike series would be a tough sell to the networks. "I think that Buffy has always been swimming upstream," Marsters said. "It's always been fighting uphill. It's no different now. You would have to really get behind it and sell it, even if Sarah [Michelle Gellar] were the lead. But asking the powers that be to put their money behind a secondary character of that show, there's just resistance. I think if Sarah wants to come back, I'll jump on behind her again, but I think that's the way there would probably be something else."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/angels-james-marsters-sti.php

Madwelshboy
April 9th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Rumor control: Is Sarah Michelle Gellar really pushing a Buffy movie? Really?

In one of the unlikeliest rumors to surface recently, a site called ShowBizSpy is reporting that Sarah Michelle Gellar is in talks to reprise her role as the title character in a new Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie.

Problem number one with this rumor: It's based on an anonymous source.

Problem number two: The "insider" calls SMG "Michelle." We've always heard her called "Sarah Michelle," not "Michelle."

Anyway, here's the quotes they use, which probably came from someone who is pulling a fast one on the site: "There is an idea for a script and to pick the story up with Buffy older and maybe even a mother. Michelle is busy with movie projects at the moment, but she is excited about the idea. Buffy still has a huge fanbase so this is a movie that already has an audience. Michelle is a shrewd businesswoman, so the chances are this will happen at some point."

Of course, avid Buffy fans all know that Gellar, who played the vampire-slaying blonde for seven years, was ready to move on after the show ended in 2003. There was no open hostility or anything; she was tired and ready for something new. It's possible she's ready to return to her most famous role, but unlikely.

Avid fans also know that Buffy creator Joss Whedon is currently shooting his upcoming horror film Cabin in the Woods (with director Drew Goddard), not to mention running his Fox show Dollhouse, and wouldn't have a lot of time to be developing a Buffy movie, even if it existed. And it's hard to imagine a Buffy project without Joss' involvement.

We're not the only ones who are skeptical: a New York Post blogger is already saying the story has no credibility.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/rumor-control-is-sarah-mi.php

wraith queen inga
April 9th, 2009, 12:34 PM
There is already a Buffy/Angel thread.

Its unneccesary to have two.:mckay:

Madwelshboy
April 9th, 2009, 12:41 PM
There is already a Buffy/Angel thread.

Its unneccesary to have two.:mckay:

You mite want to post that in the other thread, since the original post in this thread is 2 years older than the original post in the other thread. If it really botheres you ask a mod to join the 2 threads.

Madwelshboy
April 10th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Sarah Michelle Gellar expecting baby?

Sarah Michelle Gellar and her husband Freddie Prinze Jnr are expecting their first child, reports People.

An unnamed source reportedly told the celebrity website that the couple are "very excited" about the pregnancy.

In a recent interview with Gotham magazine, Gellar said of becoming pregnant: "When we do have children, my husband and I will have such a strong foundation because we've given our relationship time to grow."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a152405/sarah-michelle-gellar-expecting-baby.html

the fifth man
April 11th, 2009, 07:18 PM

Sarah Michelle Gellar and her husband Freddie Prinze Jnr are expecting their first child, reports People.

An unnamed source reportedly told the celebrity website that the couple are "very excited" about the pregnancy.

In a recent interview with Gotham magazine, Gellar said of becoming pregnant: "When we do have children, my husband and I will have such a strong foundation because we've given our relationship time to grow."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a152405/sarah-michelle-gellar-expecting-baby.html

Good for the two of them. I wish them luck.

Pharaoh Atem
April 11th, 2009, 07:22 PM

yay a little buffy

Madwelshboy
May 26th, 2009, 01:01 AM
A Joss Whedon-less 'Buffy' movie: Worst idea ever of the year

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the rights holders of Buffy the Vampire Slayer -- which began as the 1992 crapmound film starring Kristy Swanson and was later transformed by writer Joss Whedon into one of the touchstone TV series of the last 25 years -- are planning a remake/relaunch. Now, fans of the Buffyverse have been clamoring for a feature extension ever since the show's end in 2003; and they've made the Whedon-overseen comic books best sellers. Whedon has long been the hand on the wheel of the Buffy franchise, and his cultish fanbase are legion.

That raucous sound you hear is that fanbase currently consulting an engineer to figure out exactly how to support all of the hell they're gonna raise. Because -- get this -- Whedon isn't involved. AT ALL.

continues at link:-
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/new-buffy-movie.html

pbellosom
May 26th, 2009, 01:35 AM
That sounds a phenomenally awful idea.

Madwelshboy
May 26th, 2009, 02:14 AM

:indeed:

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I think it'll be hilarious to see them try this. What would make it even MORE awesome is if negative reaction forces them to ask Joss to give his blessing... and he says "No."

This is a colossally bad idea, IMO, but it doesn't mean the fail won't be funny. And for extra giggles it seems that some people are blaming Stephanie Meyer and the popularity of the Twilight franchise as one of the reasons they're trying this. HA! I somehow doubt her little sparklepires would have gained any popularity at all if Joss hadn't paved the way first with the "real" thing.

Also funny? Trying to justify this by saying that it worked for Star Trek. I don't think there are words to describe just how misguided that kind of comparison is.

Madwelshboy
May 27th, 2009, 12:10 AM
A 'Buffy' movie without its maker? Joss Whedon speaks out!

What do you think about this Buffy movie they're making without you?
JOSS WHEDON: I hope it's cool.

Alright, so maybe I over-hyped our exchange a little bit. In my defense, it's all I could get out of him given the time constraints. (Whedon's crazy busy shooting the horror flick Cabin in the Woods and only had 10 seconds to spare.)

But while his words may have been brief, come on, the meaning behind them was anything but. At the very least, his statement is open to all kinds of interpretation. Is he taking the high road? Is he genuinely hopeful it won't suck? Is "cool" secret code for something else -- like "colossal failure," perhaps?

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/a-joss-less-buf.html

Pharaoh Atem
May 27th, 2009, 07:24 AM

:teyla25: 1000000% agree

Gregorius
May 27th, 2009, 07:32 AM
I assume this is going to be another reboot of a succesful franchise?

I think it's a bad idea because the series, up to a point, was a good series and rebooting it without Joss Whedon would mean that certain aspects will be sarcrificed in order to boost its appeal to a wider audience.

Considering the current market, and taking Twilight into account, it will probably be a lighter movie focussed on a shallow romance between Buffy and Angel, leading up to his desoulment at the end so they can create a sequel. This might appeal to teenage girls, or couples that just go see it to make out, but I doubt it would appeal to the people that have seen the series or like the Whedonverse. It would defang and ruin the entire franchise.

Personally I'd prefer a sequel movie to Angel, where we can see what happened after the fall.

ykickamoocow
May 27th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Im all for a Buffy movie if it is a continuation of what happened at the end of season 7 (with the proper cast) but i am not a fan of this idea.

Hell SMG career is in the toilet, she might jump at the chance to do a Buffy movie.

pbellosom
May 27th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Considering the current market, and taking Twilight into account, it will probably be a lighter movie focussed on a shallow romance between Buffy and Angel, leading up to his desoulment at the end so they can create a sequel. This might appeal to teenage girls, or couples that just go see it to make out, but I doubt it would appeal to the people that have seen the series or like the Whedonverse. It would defang and ruin the entire franchise.

I thought this was based upon the original movie instead of the show, if so then there's no Angel. No Xander or Willow either. Maybe Pike though :S

Gregorius
May 27th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I thought this was based upon the original movie instead of the show, if so then there's no Angel. No Xander or Willow either. Maybe Pike though :S

I don't know, I thought it was a reboot. In either case, they'd probably introduce a character like Angel that Buffy falls in love with, so they can add a whole romantic subplot.

Madwelshboy
June 2nd, 2009, 01:14 AM
Anthony Head: The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible

Just as news is breaking that a new Buffy movie is in the works, Head said that he was talking about the proposed spinoff, to be called Ripper, with Whedon just before Whedon began to conceive Fox's Dollhouse.

"I actually introduced Joss to Julie Gardner, who was the executive producer on [Merlin] with the BBC," Head said in a conference call on Monday during which he was promoting Merlin. "She has long wanted to do something with the project. There are obviously complications with Ripper, because there are lots of tie-ins. There's Fox, there's the Kuzuis [who own the rights to Buffy], there's all sorts of stuff. Basically, it isn't just the simple question of Joss making a series that he wants to make. As far as anything concerned with Buffy, there are a lot of people down the line that would have a say. That's part of the equation, but we were sort of talking about what we might do with it. Pretty much at that point he had this conversation with Eliza [Dushku about Dollhouse], and the rest is history, for the moment."

Continues here:-
http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/anthony-head-the-buffy-sp.php

Madwelshboy
June 2nd, 2009, 10:12 AM
Anthony Head slams 'Buffy' movie plans

Speaking to USA Weekend, he said: "I wouldn’t want to see it, no. The Kuzuis didn’t do a great job on the movie the first time around.

"It was Joss’s script at the age of 19, but they changed a lot of it. They said, 'Look, we know best and we know how to make this movie', and it became quite schlocky and high camp."

Head, who played Buffy's (Sarah Michelle Gellar) mentor Rupert Giles in the cult series inspired by the original movie, added that "it was madness" to consider a film without the involvement of Whedon.

"The bottom line is if a movie was ever to be made, it should be made with Joss Whedon, whether it’s a retrospective or not," he said.

"[The Kuzuis] have the rights to because they have the rights to the original movie, but it should be interesting to see. It may be a bit like watching a car wreck."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a157855/anthony-head-slams-buffy-movie-plans.html

Angela V
June 2nd, 2009, 05:26 PM
I agree with Anthony Head. And it does sound like they are just trying to jump on the "vampires are cool" bandwagon again. If it weren't for Joss Whedon no one would even remember a Buffy movie was made.

the fifth man
June 2nd, 2009, 05:43 PM
I agree with Anthony Head. And it does sound like they are just trying to jump on the "vampires are cool" bandwagon again. If it weren't for Joss Whedon no one would even remember a Buffy movie was made.

No argument from me there.:) Joss did amazing things with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Amalthea
June 6th, 2009, 12:14 PM

Exactly! I think most fans agree with you, too. The Buffy fix can be acquired through the Buffy Comics if need be. We won't be all rabid for this new movie just because it exists. Quality counts and quality is Joss.

the fifth man
June 7th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Exactly! I think most fans agree with you, too. The Buffy fix can be acquired through the Buffy Comics if need be. We won't be all rabid for this new movie just because it exists. Quality counts and quality is Joss.

Definitely, in this case.

Descent
June 10th, 2009, 07:48 AM
And it does sound like they are just trying to jump on the "vampires are cool" bandwagon again.

Yep. I blame Twilight (haven't seen it, but it sounds like a really bad ripoff of Buffy).

I'm really hoping that this movie doesn't happen. Or, if it does, bring Joss, David Fury and Tim Minear in and make it a continuation of the series. I mean... come on! :S

Jeffala
June 10th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Yep. I blame Twilight (haven't seen it, but it sounds like a really bad ripoff of Buffy).

Don't see it, either. I did and I regret it at least once a week.

the fifth man
June 10th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Don't see it, either. I did and I regret it at least once a week.

That bad, eh?:D

Madwelshboy
June 11th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Roy Lee, one of the producers of a proposed new Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, denied to IGN that Megan Fox is being considered for the title role: "The rumors of Megan Fox being involved with Buffy are just rumors. ... While I think she would be great for our project, we are still in the early stages of developing the script."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/news-briefs-abrams-cruise.php