This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goa'uld technology inaccuracies

the goa'uld should improve their technology... as advanced as they are... they can't even shoot sg'1 from airborne fighters while they are running around on the ground... sg1 has gotten away countless times because they couldn't shoot a moving target with their staff weapons, either in the hands of a jaffa or on a death glider... our technology- guns, missiles, are accurate because they're designed to kill, unlike the weapons of terror of the goa'uld, like jack said in "allegiance". Yes, goa'uld weapons are designed to terrorize, and yes, putting in automatic targeting systems into their weapons would get the jaffa thinking about technology isn't of serving their gods, but jeez... they can't shoot... lol

This is what happens when you put p90's against muskets.

If one shot misses one of the bullets following it will hit. Also... Guns are not intended to kill in war, they are intended to disarm the enemy so that they must stay in hospital or die from wounds, lol my history teacher told me that, i cracked up. ?

Anyway... Staffs are close range weapons, if u wanna shoot the guy in the face thats what their for. The zats are better suited for all other shooting purposes, atleast better suited than staffs.

Why did they hook staffs to gliders? they stole tech, that doesnt make them smart. They should of put zats on it, Zats would shoot faster and knock them out so the jaffa can blast their faces in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

The Goa'uld don't really need short range weapons since in a real war they can just nuke everything from space.

Comment

the goa'uld use staff weapons on the gliders because a big explosion of dirt and fire is scarier than a blue pulse it is true the goa'uld should have rethought thier weaponary the minute they saw us as a threat, they never really had a threat before so they just used thier weapons to scare people and make them think that they were gods

Comment

The goauld were to cocky to change their technology when they meet us. So now they have suffered the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
            the goa'uld use staff weapons on the gliders because a big explosion of dirt and fire is scarier than a blue pulse it is true the goa'uld should have rethought thier weaponary the minute they saw us as a threat, they never really had a threat before so they just used thier weapons to scare people and make them think that they were gods
            Yep. Besides, you have to admit, those hand devices are short of pure genius!!
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

besides what were the goa'uld going to switch thier technology to they steal all of thier technology and they basicaly cleaned out the universe, then if they did that they would have to train millions of jaffa to use the new weapons, when they are already experts with the old one, and the jaffa would question them as gods, why would a god need to change its technology to defeat an enemy it's a god it is suposed to be more powerful than everything else already

Comment

wow that was really good owen

Comment

thanks buckner

Comment

i also think a reason is that the go'auld never really needed weapons to kill, just terrorize. I think this is mentioned in the warrior. So, the weapons did what they were needed for. For everything else, they had sheer numbers and the people they ruled would stand and die without rally running, so the weapons worked. until they faced a society with weapons meant to kill and not scare. that would be us.
                    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

basicaly the goa'uld were overconfident and didnt have anywere left to steal from so even if they did want to change thier weapons they had no one else to get weapons

Comment

Yup. The Goa'ud do change technology, but very slowly. Just think of Ra's Pyrimid ship, and how it was replaced by the Ha'tak. I personally think that the Goa'uld, in their new situation, should make some more effective weapons for distruction, not just terror. Some unmanned ships and projectile weapons would do, I think.
                        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                        VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                        MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                        LANDRY
                        : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                        Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                        Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                        Mmm... Green...

Comment

I always assumed that the "guard" jaffa, the ones with the helmets, had some kind of staff aiming aid in the helmets. I mean the glowing eyes show some kind of technology is at work in those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                            besides what were the goa'uld going to switch thier technology to they steal all of thier technology and they basicaly cleaned out the universe, then if they did that they would have to train millions of jaffa to use the new weapons, when they are already experts with the old one, and the jaffa would question them as gods, why would a god need to change its technology to defeat an enemy it's a god it is suposed to be more powerful than everything else already
                            Considering there are technologically superior races like the Aschen, Nox, and once upon a time the Tollan out there I don't think they've cleaned out anything.

If the Jaffa didn't lose faith after seeing how useless their gods "magic" was against SG teams I don't see how being given something better would hurt.

Maybe if they had some inspired leadership they could've discussed rearmament during one of those posturing filled System Lord meetings.
                            "Time is waiting
                            We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
                            No hesitating
                            Grab a boy and grab a girl!
                            Time is waiting
                            We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
                            No hesitating
                            We only got 4 minutes, huh 4 minutes..."

System Lords like to dance too .

Comment

You want inaccuracy? Try the Death glider cannon used in the fifth man. The blast goes off at an angle to where hte barrels pointing!
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                              X