No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well as far as the casting of a "babyface" for the role of Pete-it was my understanding that
    Spoiler:
    they were down to their last nerve, as it were-and cast him because he was available
    -no i could be wrong-and most of the time I am-so if someone knows different...

It is my humble opinion that Pete was to have been a one hit wonder-but because of the uproar
    Spoiler:
    which i think they took personally-they decided to rub it in

but as i said, it is my two cents worth-so i take full responsibility for it.
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
      Spoiler:

...snips...

I'd also like to see the relationship acknowledged in public. This could be S&J holding hands or just a verbal comment from say, Daniel, maybe one that you'd expect to embarrass Sam, but just provokes pride and amusement. Sam could even respond with a comment that embarrasses Daniel (i.e., TMI). Regardless, I want it clear that Sam's not looking to downplay it.

Having written all this out, I realize we're probably not going to get 1% of it. It was nice to think about, though.

Spoiler:

Yes, let's embarrass Daniel. How about Jack has a sprained, I dunno, wrist? Daniel asks how it happened. Sam and Jack look at each other with devilish grins and start bantering, each adding little tidbits, as a whole we get the impression of a scene similar to the Sam/Pete wrestling, er, bedroom scene. Jack: "I fell off the bed." Sam: "I did try to catch you." Jack: "Yes, bad idea." Sam: "I tried to make it up to you." Jack: "Yes, you did." Daniel raises his hands and cries, "Stop! Spare me any more details." Sam giggles. Daniel looks suspicious and asks, "Okay, what really happened?" Jack starts, "Like we were saying, I slipped off..." Daniel cries out, "Nevermind! I have, uh, papers to file... Gotta go."

Not sure that needed spoiler tags.

Comment

I would be happy with a photo of O'Neill in Carter's lab or both of them at the cabin...

SNY

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
          Another *excellent* point I with which I whole-heartedly agree! If he had been a one-ep wonder, like Orlin, I could've lived with that, even as lousy as that ep was.
          Spoiler:
          And with that background check stuff, they had a nice logical reason for Sam to get rid of him. Without killing him. And wasn't that the point of his existence? For her to have a fling with a guy who didn't die? I still don't get that either.... I mean, so she was cursed. Big flippin' deal! We all know True Love is gaurenteed to break any curse the universe can fling at a person!!

But I still think I might have been more forgiving if she'd pounced on someone actually pounce-worthy... Like Major Yummy!

er....

Davis... Major Davis... <sigh>

I digress... so I'll let you get back to the serious discusion.... Umm... What were we talking about?
          I really think that if they needed to put Sam in a relationship with someone not Jack, that they should have gone with the good NID agent... Blasted gray matter has the name blocked. There was some chemistry between them (loved the laying on top of her after the house exploded scene!), he knew about the program, a long distance relationship, short term view of "normal" but not Jack.

Okay, now this is going to bother me... Someone please give me his name!!

I never saw any chemistry between Davis and Sam. I really think that he knew how Sam felt about Jack. He was around for several missions, not to mention, being so close to the program, I often wondered if the Zatrac incident wouldn't have been in a report he could have read at some point. Ooops, me going off on wild speculation that only a fanfic author could understand! LOL!

I just didn't see that pairing.

But the NID guy would have made sense to me but they would have still had to keep it down to a one ep wonder and not drug out the storyline to ridiculous proportions.

Comment

Agent Barrett, MM. I agree that there was a lot more chemistry between them, plus he is part of the Stargate world.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
              Barrett.

While there might have been interest on his end, I never saw anything from Sam. Just another guy, essentially a stranger, with a crush on her.

Comment

Someone here said but don't remember who--what if we see Jack in his office and we see a photo of Sam there.? Gee I'm so starved for anything I'd even take that.Probably kiss the TV. But I'd don't think we'll see his office in DC. Joe Mallozzi said (saw it on another website tho maybe he said it on his thread which I haven't been to) that
                Spoiler:
                Sam who not only be away but "far far away," which sounds like another planet.

Comment

*sigh* Of course, Barrett... Thank you...

Well, I thought I saw the interest on Sam's part when she told him that she was seeing someone. Kind of a enlightening moment of "oh, wow". As if the thought hadn't crossed her mind but now that it had...

But it would have been preferable to her and Pete. Of course, I had heard that Ben Browder was offered the part of Pete but turned it down. Hot and sexy boyfriend would have made more sense for a woman that had denied herself any kind of relationship, much less a physical one, for as long as she had.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                    Well, I'm with you all. All I want is...
                    Spoiler:
                    A Great Big Honkin' Kiss!

We've been through everything else, and it's all been hinted at. Now I need to see it!
                    Yes but for me to be satisfied it must be not only a
                    Spoiler:
                    Big Honkin Kiss but romantic, like the one Sam envisioned in Grace. The AU kiss in Moebius 2 was just....silly, goofy, comical IMHO.

Give us something real, sensual and romantic in the true sense of the word. Ah, Please?

Poz
                    Who's finally back online after puter crashed

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                      I completely agree that Sam feel in love with the "idea" of a normal life rather than Pete. I thought Pete was a nice normal guy (a little immature for Sam) s
                      Spoiler:
                      right up until he walks out on her the morning after and does a background check in front of her house!!! We all know the twisted story. He then follows her to Daniel's house. He knows a stakeout when he see ones. I thought the writers did a horrible job portraying Pete.
                      For me it was somewhat believable in the begining, but it went south very quickly!

In my opinion if the writers had chosen a guy that was smart, funny, intelligent, more mature, and good looking then there would have been more angst and a much better story. The angst between her and Jack would be great. It would force the two to address issues left in the room. However, they didn't do that and Jack was never worried about Pete, because he couldn't hold a candle to Jack. The writers missed out on a great build up and tried to sale a story very few believed.
                      I'm of two minds about this.

spoilers for s7's grace and chimera, and s8's threads
                      Spoiler:
                      i've talked about this with another shipper in detail, and we both came to the conclusion that having a 'hunk' play pete might have made it all worse. let's say that pete was played by paul gross (from due south - http://www.galleryofcelebrities.com/gross.htm ). i could have understood sam turning the other cheek at the end of chimera. man, ddl is not a dog!, but he's just not dreamy and hot like jack is for me (or for some, paul gross too).

let's say, for the sake of this discussion, that sam met a paul (gave him another name) shanahan at her gym. he was just another member of that gym, and the two of them had met before grace came along. but after grace, sam's looking for companionship, so she takes paul up on his offer of a date. like with chimera, sam's totally into giving this side of her life a try. what paul does for a living is unimportant, as is sam's career is to paul. they just go out and enjoy each others company. so for the last half of season 7 and almost all of season 8, sam's dating paul. it's easy-going, non threatening, and the ONLY reason sam starts getting uncomfortable with him is that he wants to make things more serious. and the getting serious happens when threads takes place. instead of sam fretting on an upcoming marriage, it could have been that paul wanted to move in with sam. sam calls off the relationship because her dad's dying, jack's got a girlfriend, and sam knows she's really in love with jack. how much more 'gentle' this would have been on sam's character if pete would have been played/written like paul???

but to get back to why pete being a hunk might have made it worse is that 'then' we might have seen the real passion there instead of the tame stuff. okay, to be fair, some fans didn't find the sam/pete stuff tame or boring, but for me, i just couldn't get into pete because i wasn't attracted to pete/ddl. but would i have gotten into pete more (written the same way) if paul gross had played him? honestly, yes, i think i would have. and then that would have given me *major* conflicted feelings!

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I really think that if they needed to put Sam in a relationship with someone not Jack, that they should have gone with the good NID agent... Blasted gray matter has the name blocked. There was some chemistry between them (loved the laying on top of her after the house exploded scene!), he knew about the program, a long distance relationship, short term view of "normal" but not Jack.

I never saw any chemistry between Davis and Sam. I really think that he knew how Sam felt about Jack. He was around for several missions, not to mention, being so close to the program, I often wondered if the Zatrac incident wouldn't have been in a report he could have read at some point. Ooops, me going off on wild speculation that only a fanfic author could understand! LOL!

But the NID guy would have made sense to me but they would have still had to keep it down to a one ep wonder and not drug out the storyline to ridiculous proportions.

Well, I have to agree, I think she definitely had more chemestry with Agent Barrett... I wasn't suggesting they should have paired her with Davis... Only someone more attractive, like Major Yummy! Cos whether or not he has chemestry with Sam, he's still a tasty dish!

I'd have said Barrett earlier if he'd crossed my mind, but I never cared for him much at all. Still, I'd rather have seen *him* hook up with her than the Spudly Duckling!

Love and hot fudge,
                        Bren Ren
                        ~
                        My stories!
                        ~

sigpic

Comment

That's a good point though MM. (And could lead to some interesting fanfic for sure!)There had to be several people reading those reports. And given everything that happened in the first 3/4 of S4, it would be hard to believe that *none* of the things that happened never made it into a report....

Sam and Jack would seem to have the most well-known secret ship ever. I'm sure for those with access to the reports, especially after S4, they were waiting with baited breath, wondering what development in the ship they were going to read about next... And given that we're all only human... y'can't tell me the military rumor mill didn't spread Sam and Jack's 'little secret' far and wide....
                          Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 27 March 2005, 06:04 PM.
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                            well as far as the casting of a "babyface" for the role of Pete-it was my understanding that
                            Spoiler:
                            they were down to their last nerve, as it were-and cast him because he was available
                            -no i could be wrong-and most of the time I am-so if someone knows different...
                            that sounds familiar, but i can't be totally sure. i know they'd asked ben browder (hunk or not, i would have HATED him being pete because he looks too much like daniel!), but he turned it down. i don't know who else they asked. btw, i really like ddl being labled as 'baby-faced', because it's true and it's a nice description. i've always been more attracted to handsome over baby-faced, though. well, maybe not 'always', because i remember liking really cute and baby-faced guys when i was really young.

It is my humble opinion that Pete was to have been a one hit wonder-but because of the uproar
                            Spoiler:
                            which i think they took personally-they decided to rub it in
                            Who knows.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                              That's a good point though MM. (And could lead to some interesting fanfic for sure!)There had to be several people reading those reports. And given everything that happened in the first 3/4 of S4, it would be hard to believe that *none* of the things that happened never made it into a report....

Sam and Jack would seem to have the most well-known secret ship ever. I'm sure for those with access to the reports, especially after S4, they were waiting with baited breath, wondering what development in the ship they were going to read about next... And given that we're all only human... y'can't tell me the military rumor mill didn't spread Sam and Jack's 'little secret' far and wide....
                              Considering that Kinsey tried to make a point of it in Inaguration, I'm sure that some of the ship made it into reports. You have to love Hayes' answer that they are allowed their feelings! So I would imagine that it is out there somewhere. You might have to read between the lines a bit, but probably not much. As to who would have access to those reports, well, Davis as liason to the SGC for the Pentagon would be a prime candidate.

And, Bren-ren, I know you weren't necessarily suggesting Davis but I have heard speculation about him in that light before. As well as Barrett.

Comment

Yeah, I thought they were going to pair her off with Agent Barrett too. I think it would have been a better match and more of a threat to Jack. It rubbed me the wrong way that they would give Sam
                                Spoiler:
                                such a lame bf and give Jack this great gal.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X