No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, we're reaching the time to make a decision, please vote in the poll adn the mods will take this into consideration when we decide what to do with the Discussion and the Family thread.

Please note, the sam and jack thread in off topic will remain untouched and the Resort thread will either get closed or merged. So those two threads aren't open for discussion or debate. This poll is ONLY for the Family and Discussion thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=65091
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi all,

well, I took the plunge and started to write my first Carter/Jack story.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ddsg1

first chapter is up.

Comment

Lovin all the thoughts of the next movie... I truly have no speculations.... However, there are a few things I'd like to see, things like the old/original SG-1 banter back. And of course lots of Sam/Jack interraction. The idea about the gou'lded
        Spoiler:
        kinsey
        is cool.

I love timetravel episodes. Probably my fave is Moebius 1 & 2. I'm pretty sure they won't do another timetravel movie given Continuum, but a gal can dream
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
          Hi all,

well, I took the plunge and started to write my first Carter/Jack story.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ddsg1

first chapter is up.
          You ought to post this over on the Sam/Jack Ship Family thread. We eat up fic over there!

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
          Lovin all the thoughts of the next movie... I truly have no speculations.... However, there are a few things I'd like to see, things like the old/original SG-1 banter back. And of course lots of Sam/Jack interraction. The idea about the gou'lded
          Spoiler:
          kinsey
          is cool.

I love timetravel episodes. Probably my fave is Moebius 1 & 2. I'm pretty sure they won't do another timetravel movie given Continuum, but a gal can dream
          Well, time travel is my favorite! But you know, since season 8 more than half of Jack's screen time has been either imaginary, AU/AT, or someone's hallucination. Nothing that moves the story forward at all. And I'd like to know what he's been up to. And with whom.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
            since season 8 more than half of Jack's screen time has been either imaginary, AU/AT, or someone's hallucination. Nothing that moves the story forward at all. And I'd like to know what he's been up to. And with whom.
            Greetings - just discovered this thread. Hope you don't mind my jumping in...

Not sure what AT means but I do wonder about the cut scene from Trio and if TPTB will omit it from canon or push forward with that scene ensconced in their heads. Also, the fact that Sam had a solo picture of Jack (sans SG-1) in her office (or was it quarters?)... doesn't that count for something?

Comment

Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
              Greetings - just discovered this thread. Hope you don't mind my jumping in...

Not sure what AT means but I do wonder about the cut scene from Trio and if TPTB will omit it from canon or push forward with that scene ensconced in their heads. Also, the fact that Sam had a solo picture of Jack (sans SG-1) in her office (or was it quarters?)... doesn't that count for something?
              Welcome!

AT probably means 'Amanda Tapping'.

Sam not only had a solo pic of Jack in her quarters, she had a pic of her and Jack fishing at his cabin.

Absolutely counts for something in my book!

The Trio scene was cut for time and because it 'dragged', according to one of the writers. It wasn't cut for the content so I consider it to be canon.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

but it can also mean Alternate Timeline
                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Ok so if she has photos of Jack in Atlantis, and indicates to Keller she's seeing someone in Washington, I'd say that accounts for something.

I think my only concern at this point (for the 3rd film) is that a small part of why I enjoy the series so much IS because of the UST. Like Joss Whedon once said, give audiences what they need, not what they want. Yes, I want 'confirmation' in the 3rd film but I want that as the payoff at the end of the story. I want these two to struggle for it within the film's story. Otherwise, it won't have the same value, IMHO.

Comment

Ok so if she has photos of Jack in Atlantis, and indicates to Keller she's seeing someone in Washington, I'd say that accounts for something.
                    And the 'who would you' childish game Keller played with Carter (they could have cut THAT and left in the Sam seeing a man in Washington scene) . . .Carter chose . . . who? A hot, older, grey haired man . . . that was so totally a hint.

I think my only concern at this point (for the 3rd film) is that a small part of why I enjoy the series so much IS because of the UST. Like Joss Whedon once said, give audiences what they need, not what they want. Yes, I want 'confirmation' in the 3rd film but I want that as the payoff at the end of the story. I want these two to struggle for it within the film's story. Otherwise, it won't have the same value, IMHO.
                    I agree - to a point. I think more interesting would be knowing they're together at the beginning of the film and then during the course of the story come to realize that one or both of their lives are in danger. One of them could lose the other and therein would lie the tragedy and heartbreak of it all.

No, I'd rather the UST be gone finally. It's dragged on long enough. You can have compelling drama all wrapped up in with firmly established RST characterization that doesn't lessen their importance as individuals.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                      but it can also mean Alternate Timeline
                      Yes. The meaning is somewhat contextual.

There hasn't been any UST since the end of Threads/Moebius. I think that's a pretty big hint, myself, but I have to admit at first I found it rather shocking and I didn't like it.

Until I figured out why there's no UST.

This is just another example of how TPTB set up this story arc to end with either nothing more, or something big. Either Jack and Sam finally gave up on each other, or they've been together since Threads.

I don't think the Trio scene is canon, but I do think that is where their minds are regarding Sam and Jack. I don't think they'd release cut scenes unless they fit with their concept of the story, since they so rarely release any cut scenes at all.

I don't think any TPTB would.

And cutting that scene meant to me that again, it's all or nothing. As leiasky said, it didn't have to be cut. AT had even given an interview mentioning it. And when it disappeared I knew something was up, but didn't know what it was until the scene was released and MG (the director) said it was "franchise issue". I think BW wants the story to unfold exactly the way he wants it to- I just didn't know whether it was ALL or NOTHING until he gave that interview.
                      Last edited by VSS; 25 March 2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        I agree - to a point. I think more interesting would be knowing they're together at the beginning of the film and then during the course of the story come to realize that one or both of their lives are in danger. One of them could lose the other and therein would lie the tragedy and heartbreak of it all.
                        Sold! Having read the ideas proposed above -- with Sam captured and Jack taking off after her -- I'd like to see Teal'c and/or Daniel have a heart to heart with Jack about the two of them. Yeah, call it mushy, but I've always considered T and Daniel to be card carrying shippers.

I've become unreasonably antsy about this third film as of late. I suspect the reason they haven't announced the shooting schedule yet is because of the SAG contract talks but geez, Louise, let's go already.

Comment

Yeah, call it mushy, but I've always considered T and Daniel to be card carrying shippers.
                          Teal'c, if either of the two, is very clearly aware of the feelings between Sam and Jack. If for no other reason are his perceptive remarks to Jack when Sam is missing in Grace.

I'm not as sold on Daniel really knowing but if someone would like to put forth an arguement in favor of it, perhaps I can be swayed

I've become unreasonably antsy about this third film as of late. I suspect the reason they haven't announced the shooting schedule yet is because of the SAG contract talks but geez, Louise, let's go already.
                          It likely has nothing to do with the SAG contract talks (actors continue to work unless there is a sanctioned strike) and everything to do with the shooting schedule of SGU. With, perhaps, a few cast scheduling issues thrown into the mix.
                          sigpic

Comment

Teal'c, if either of the two, is very clearly aware of the feelings between Sam and Jack. If for no other reason are his perceptive remarks to Jack when Sam is missing in Grace.
                            Plus let's not forget that Teal'c was in the observation room during Divide & Conquer!

I'm not as sold on Daniel really knowing but if someone would like to put forth an arguement in favor of it, perhaps I can be swayed
                            On the one hand, I agree with you because the series certainly progressed in that manner, on the other hand, Daniel's supposed to be the compassionate, sensitive to others, guy - right? So why ISN'T he aware? I mean, we are? Right?

It likely has nothing to do with the SAG contract talks (actors continue to work unless there is a sanctioned strike)
                            But they know SGU's shooting schedule so why not set up the film's? There's been quite a few productions put on hold in Hollywood out of fear that they'll start construction, or even shooting, and the SAG negotiations will finally fall apart with union members ordered to walk off. Maybe this isn't the issue but with the scheduling challenges surrounding Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping, I would think it would be in everyone's best interest to get the schedule settled asap... unless RDA wants script approval, which is possible.

Comment

Plus let's not forget that Teal'c was in the observation room during Divide & Conquer!
                              Absolutely!

On the one hand, I agree with you because the series certainly progressed in that manner, on the other hand, Daniel's supposed to be the compassionate, sensitive to others, guy - right? So why ISN'T he aware? I mean, we are? Right?
                              Yes, but we, as the viewers, have been privy to a lot more going on between Sam and Jack than Daniel has been.

But they know SGU's shooting schedule so why not set up the film's?
                              There's been quite a few productions put on hold in Hollywood out of fear that they'll start construction, or even shooting, and the SAG negotiations will finally fall apart with union members ordered to walk off. Maybe this isn't the issue but with the scheduling challenges surrounding Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping, I would think it would be in everyone's best interest to get the schedule settled asap... unless RDA wants script approval, which is possible.

There can be so many reasons why there isn't a shooting schedule done yet. Or - perhaps there is an it just hasn't been released. . .

RDA, unless he is an exec producer for the film, likely won't have script approval. He will, however, alter the dialogue to his liking on set on the day! LOL!
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes, but we, as the viewers, have been privy to a lot more going on between Sam and Jack than Daniel has been.
                                Geez, now I feel like I should go back and watch THE ENTIRE SERIES just to figure out what Daniel HAS seen!!!

RDA, unless he is an exec producer for the film, likely won't have script approval. He will, however, alter the dialogue to his liking on set on the day! LOL!
                                Actually, actors of RDA's caliber get script approval all the time but yeah, he'll definitely 'tweak' material on the set. No question!

Comment

Working...
                                X