Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    Wait...what? What'd I miss? Someone have a link?
    Yeah, did I miss something, too?

Also, in reading the threads about the SGU trailer people seem to think Icarus is a moonbase. . . .

Anyone think Sam asking Jack to discuss 'plans for the new moonbase' in Continuum may have something to do with Icarus and SGU . . .?

Discuss.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      Yeah, did I miss something, too?

Also, in reading the threads about the SGU trailer people seem to think Icarus is a moonbase. . . .

Anyone think Sam asking Jack to discuss 'plans for the new moonbase' in Continuum may have something to do with Icarus and SGU . . .?

Discuss.
      Originally posted by Pol View Post
      Wait...what? What'd I miss? Someone have a link?
      That's just something he said a while back. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2786

Since it sounds like BW is putting the finishing touches on the script, I figured "a few weeks" ought to be up pretty soon.

As far as Icarus, I don't know nothin' 'bout no SGU.

But since the whole moonbase comment was kind of just a random thing, I doubt it's got much to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post

As they say- if you're interested-

watch this space.....
        lol, I definitely will.

Icarus is supposed to be a moonbase? This is the first time I hear it..but if it is, it makes sense that this is a tie-in to the Continuum. I'm quite sure it was only mentioned this once. It would also make sense that Sam would talk about it with Jack. It would be another base he'd be overseeing and Sam would probably have a hand in creating it..
        But to be honest, I have a hard time believing Icarus is located on the moon instead of some other planet..and I don't see a connection with Sam/Jack ship
        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
        sigpic
        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
          lol, I definitely will.

Icarus is supposed to be a moonbase? This is the first time I hear it..but if it is, it makes sense that this is a tie-in to the Continuum. I'm quite sure it was only mentioned this once. It would also make sense that Sam would talk about it with Jack. It would be another base he'd be overseeing and Sam would probably have a hand in creating it..
          But to be honest, I have a hard time believing Icarus is located on the moon instead of some other planet..and I don't see a connection with Sam/Jack ship
          It never made any strategic or scientific sense to have a moonbase, so I hope that's not part of the plan. But somewhere buried in the Continuum for S/J shippers thread we talked about it being just an excuse for Sam to get some private time with Jack. Which explains why he had no clue about any moonbases.

I believe RDA and AT made it up on the spot because they didn't like whatever else was written in, but I can't quote chapter and verse on that.

Comment

It never made any strategic or scientific sense to have a moonbase, so I hope that's not part of the plan. But somewhere buried in the Continuum for S/J shippers thread we talked about it being just an excuse for Sam to get some private time with Jack. Which explains why he had no clue about any moonbases.

I believe RDA and AT made it up on the spot because they didn't like whatever else was written in, but I can't quote chapter and verse on that.
            No...it was scripted. All that RDA changed was the line: "What moonbase?" It was originally supposed to be: "Sounds like work."

And considering that the gateroom and control room sets have been torn down, that would suggest that the gate is no longer in Cheyenne Mountain. Given that the real NORAD is leaving/has left Cheyenne, there's at least a realistic reason for the SGC being moved elsewhere.

And one never knows what pressure the IOA may have applied. Especially after the wraith attacked Area 51. A dogfight with death gliders over Antarctica was relatively easy to cover up. Wraith darts screaming over Nevada...not so much. The US may have been compelled to give over the gate to the international community, necessitating relocation.

But...of course...this is all just speculation. What do I know.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
              No...it was scripted. All that RDA changed was the line: "What moonbase?" It was originally supposed to be: "Sounds like work."

And considering that the gateroom and control room sets have been torn down, that would suggest that the gate is no longer in Cheyenne Mountain. Given that the real NORAD is leaving/has left Cheyenne, there's at least a realistic reason for the SGC being moved elsewhere.

And one never knows what pressure the IOA may have applied. Especially after the wraith attacked Area 51. A dogfight with death gliders over Antarctica was relatively easy to cover up. Wraith darts screaming over Nevada...not so much. The US may have been compelled to give over the gate to the international community, necessitating relocation.

But...of course...this is all just speculation. What do I know.
              Hi APA! Thanks for the correction, I knew there was something in there that was ad-libbed but I didn't know how much.

I thought Joe M. said the gateroom was the only room that was left from SG-1. I know the control and briefing rooms are gone, but the gate room is still there, last I heard. Though being re-done and who knows what that means. Probably has to do with making it into the Destiny gate.

I hadn't thought about where they might have moved the gate since the end of SGA, but since the moonbase comment was written well before they knew the series was going to end, I didn't think it was related. But, of course, they could do it in retrospect. I don't think they'd move it from Stargate Command, though, that's heresy! They have such a huge USAF following that Continuum premiered on a carrier, didn't it? I can't see the gate ever moving. But they do have the problem of there being two gates on earth again. Though one's a Pegasus gate and the other is a Milky Way gate, it seems like that's a problem. Something's got to go- actually, since Atlantis is self-contained, if I were in charge, I'd move it to the moon!

I still think the moonbase comment was just an excuse, though. The look on Sam's face doesn't suggest that she's thinking about going over floorplans!
              Last edited by VSS; 22 March 2009, 04:13 PM.

Comment

All this has got me thinking...with most of Earth's enemies gone, the asgard dead and the removal of most of the SGC set. What the heck is this movie going to be about? Now that I know there is a good probability for Ship...I want this movie even more. I do hope we hear something soon...or else I'll go crazy.
                sigpic

Comment

I was going to end the night on 3000 posts but you lured me out.

Here's my theory-
                  We know Jack is the lead character for the movie. And while there are lots of strange creatures in Washington, they're not exactly scifi movie material. Something has got to lure him out. And the most likely thing, given his personality, is if something happens to a member of SG-1. I can't see anything else that would get the (presumed) head of HWS through the Stargate now.

Since the mostly likely person to get into trouble is Sam, because she's
                  Spoiler:
                  On the Hammond and who even knows if SG-1 is still a team

it's also a perfect little shippy set-up. But that's just the way my mind works.

I can't wait to hear something, either. Not that I was ever a huge fan of BSG like I am for SG-1, but now there's nothing for me to look forward to as far as TV goes. But I do think, when/if the movie is made, it's going to be great.

Comment

Here's my theory-
                    We know Jack is the lead character for the movie. And while there are lots of strange creatures in Washington, they're not exactly scifi movie material. Something has got to lure him out. And the most likely thing, given his personality, is if something happens to a member of SG-1. I can't see anything else that would get the (presumed) head of HWS through the Stargate now.

Spoiler:

it's also a perfect little shippy set-up. But that's just the way my mind works.

I can't wait to hear something, either. Not that I was ever a huge fan of BSG like I am for SG-1, but now there's nothing for me to look forward to as far as TV goes. But I do think, when/if the movie is made, it's going to be great.
                    I love this idea, VSS! Even if it doesn't, you've hit on a plot bunny you should expound upon.

And congrats on 3000 (I couldn't green you)
                    sigpic
                    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                      I love this idea, VSS! Even if it doesn't, you've hit on a plot bunny you should expound upon.

And congrats on 3000 (I couldn't green you)
                      Aw, thanks! I actually have a different plot bunny but I just can't bring myself to do anything with it. I need some news soon, or something shippy out of AT's Q & A with JM. My mojo is at an all-time low. And that's saying something.

Comment

Here's my theory-

Spoiler:

Love this idea, VSS! (Here I am posting here tonight when I never post here).

Your comment I've bolded made me think of something President Obama said earlier this week: "Washington is a lot like American Idol. But everyone there is like Simon Cowell."

LOL!!! Just had to throw that in.

Seriously, that could be the set-up!

* Goes off to speculate on VSS's idea...

Comment

*waves at VSS*

You're right...my bad...the gate room was being "redone"...but why redo it if it's not in a different location? And I understand the connection to the USAF in real life...but the fact may be that w/o SG-1 or SGA needing that strong tie any more and with SGU being completely cut-off from earth and the SGC, there may not be the need for things to be as close as they've been in the past, military-wise.

And yes...the "moonbase" remark was...I'm sure...originally just a line meant to exit Sam and Jack together under pretense of discussing...something. But that doesn't mean that in retrospect they couldn't decide to build on that...especially in light of events of Enemy at the Gate.

As for the Atlantis gate...

Spoiler:
                          I'm pretty sure JM indicated that Atlantis was heading back to Pegasus in the next movie, so I'm not sure it's presence on earth is going to be an issue.

As for Movie #3....

Well...JM was recently asked on his blog if there were any minor goa'uld who were still out there. His reply was affirmative. I can't imagine why there would even be an answer to this question if it hadn't already been discussed in some fashion.

There is one goa'uld who "got away"...whose storyline was left incomplete...and that's

Spoiler:
                          the goa'ulded Kinsey

Frankly, I can't imagine a better bad guy for a Jack-centric story.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                            *waves at VSS*

You're right...my bad...the gate room was being "redone"...but why redo it if it's not in a different location? And I understand the connection to the USAF in real life...but the fact may be that w/o SG-1 or SGA needing that strong tie any more and with SGU being completely cut-off from earth and the SGC, there may not be the need for things to be as close as they've been in the past, military-wise.

And yes...the "moonbase" remark was...I'm sure...originally just a line meant to exit Sam and Jack together under pretense of discussing...something. But that doesn't mean that in retrospect they couldn't decide to build on that...especially in light of events of Enemy at the Gate.

As for the Atlantis gate...

Spoiler:
                            I'm pretty sure JM indicated that Atlantis was heading back to Pegasus in the next movie, so I'm not sure it's presence on earth is going to be an issue.

As for Movie #3....

Well...JM was recently asked on his blog if there were any minor goa'uld who were still out there. His reply was affirmative. I can't imagine why there would even be an answer to this question if it hadn't already been discussed in some fashion.

There is one goa'uld who "got away"...whose storyline was left incomplete...and that's

Spoiler:
                            the goa'ulded Kinsey

Frankly, I can't imagine a better bad guy for a Jack-centric story.

One interesting thing about that gate, from what I can tell, is that it is in front of a green screen. They can make it look however they want, now, including making it look like it's in the SGC. It's a very clever idea.

I personally am not a huge fan of aliens (no, really!) but at least a goa'uld appears human so I can live with it. And who better than Kinsey? It's a great time to hate politicians

Plus, Kinsey was the one who "read between the lines" regarding Sam and Jack. I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to use that against either one of them. So yes, I agree he'd be a very good bad guy. He could be the one who nabs Sam!

Comment

I just realised that I've been waiting to hear news on this movie since continuum was realeased...I can't believe how long ago that was

Here's my theory-

Spoiler:

Plus, Kinsey was the one who "read between the lines" regarding Sam and Jack. I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to use that against either one of them. So yes, I agree he'd be a very good bad guy. He could be the one who nabs Sam!
                              Oh I love that idea, it’s fantastic! I would seriously glue myself to the tv screen if that happened…

I personally am not a huge fan of aliens (no, really!) but at least a goa'uld appears human so I can live with it. And who better than Kinsey? It's a great time to hate politicians
                              Kinsey always played a great antagonist and I'm sure even more so as a Goa'uld...but I only have a vague recollection of him becoming one (I haven't seen S8 in a very long time)
                              sigpic

Comment

i love the idea of a kinseygoauld giving jack a headache.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X