No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, wonder why CB was chosen to co-write the script instead of a seasoned SG-1 writer who knows the characters. . .
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      Hmm, wonder why CB was chosen to co-write the script instead of a seasoned SG-1 writer who knows the characters. . .
      I went to the IMDB and looked up his credits. It turns out he was a creative consultant on each episode during the last two years of SG-1 (not sure that's actually a good thing considering I didn't like the last two years of SG-1, though I don't know what a creative consultant actually does, either.)

I kind of like the non-SGA things they have listed there. It's not a bunch of action flicks, more character-driven stuff.

He wrote the SGA episode Critical Mass and Letters from Pegasus which I think were really outstanding episodes. Looking at his credits, I think the franchise might have fared better if he'd continued as a writer and didn't move up to EP!

So all in all, I'd say this is encouraging. I just really wish they'd let us know who is in the darn movie, already!

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        I went to the IMDB and looked up his credits. It turns out he was a creative consultant on each episode during the last two years of SG-1 (not sure that's actually a good thing considering I didn't like the last two years of SG-1, though I don't know what a creative consultant actually does, either.)

I kind of like the non-SGA things they have listed there. It's not a bunch of action flicks, more character-driven stuff.

He wrote the SGA episode Critical Mass and Letters from Pegasus which I think were really outstanding episodes. Looking at his credits, I think the franchise might have fared better if he'd continued as a writer and didn't move up to EP!

So all in all, I'd say this is encouraging. I just really wish they'd let us know who is in the darn movie, already!
        I tend to think that, overall, it's a good thing exactly because his body of work seems so character driven. And I always figured 'creative consultant' means 'man I get to steal doughnuts from cause his office is down the hall from mine' but I could be wrong In seriousness, I dunno but there are such an awful lot of those types in the credits I suspect that's not far off (as in, someone who I could drop in on to ask questions while writing).

Comment

If those two episodes are anything to go off then he shouldn't be too bad, especially Critical Mass which is one of my favourite SGA eps...but I'm not sure what his views are S/J ship wise
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
            If those two episodes are anything to go off then he shouldn't be too bad, especially Critical Mass which is one of my favourite SGA eps...but I'm not sure what his views are S/J ship wise
            Frankly, for the type of 'big confirmation' we're hoping for, I suspect his own personal views don't matter. Look at what JM's written lately... What's important, IMHO, is his writing style and strengths, which I think are well inline with the sort of story we're hoping to see.

Comment

Maybe the creative consultant's duties included coming up with shippy hints for two seasons. Then he'd know a lot about how to write S/J at this point.

Comment

Maybe the creative consultant's duties included coming up with shippy hints for two seasons. Then he'd know a lot about how to write S/J at this point.
                Only the stuff he's written seems to be far more overt than subtle.

Maybe they brought him in cause they wanted more overt ship? One can hope, but it's dangerous about these parts.

Comment

As you know we have been changing how we label our threads. Please visit this thread for information as to if there will be any changes to the Sam and Jack threads and what those changes will be. And please join in the discussion there. Discussion held outside the official discussion thread will not be acknowledged.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=65091
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I wanna know what you guys think. Because if we merge these two threads, they can't be unmerged. Do all of you want to be in one singular thread? Can you with the fluffy 'only want to hear the positive' co-exist with those that want to explore the not so happy side of the ship? can those of you that just want to post pictures and fluff deal with those that want to discuss?

can those of you that want to discuss handle pages and pages of pic spam?

You need to realize that, if you don't want to hear negative thoughts, and people are discussing what you might see as negative, you gotta accept it. you can't tell them to hush and go away.

if you are discussing how the ship might not work out and a bunch of peopel are ignoring you and continuing to post links to vids and walls, you gotta accept it and deal because they are just as important as you are.

Can those of you that are completely positive deal with those that arent? Can those of you that aren't deal with those that are?

can those of you that like to talk deal with those that don't? can those of you that like nothing but pictures, deal with those that don't?

can all of you peacefully get along and accept each other?

go over to that thread and have your say please.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I did; thanks Skydiver!
                      sigpic
                      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

it's the ship of the ships forever, i'm a fan of slash and i like the Jack/Daniel but it's irreal, the ship Jack/sam is evident, they're many kiss and sentence, look and Not said.
                        They're so good for each over, it's the shame We didn't really see them finishing together in the show.

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

Hi!
                          I've just found out that this thread exists! And to think that for years I complained about a lack of place to discuss ship..
                          I've read people complaining that no one posts here - hey, I'm game I just need to catch up with your discussion so far..
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I'd completely forgotten about this thread as well. I'll probably participate if someone starts a nice, in depth discussion - though, its all been done before so it does kinda feel like a rehash of sorts. But - I'll still happily read!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Hi.

I just found out about this thread and I love the idea that there's a place to discuss ship. I'm an S/J shipper to the end and I've been on the S/J Family thread a few times but I'm not a fan of the fluff etc. I'm glad to find a thread that is for discussion only.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                I'd completely forgotten about this thread as well. I'll probably participate if someone starts a nice, in depth discussion - though, its all been done before so it does kinda feel like a rehash of sorts. But - I'll still happily read!
                                I've been thinking about organizing a rewatch of SG-1 from a S/J shippers POV, but I wanted to wait until I knew we were going to get a third movie with the promised "romantic scene."

Would anyone want to help with that?
                                Once we get it going it will probably move kind of fast, considering how much ground there is to cover. I was thinking probably an ep every other day or so once it gets going.

Comment

Working...
                                X