Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plague View Post
    What blog? Any link to it?

PS: I heard of a 3rd movie that will clear up all the Sam/Jack stuff. Is that true? Is it the Atlantis movie or another stargate movie?

Regards,
    Plague
    Here's a link to the quote, which is verbatim:http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=164236

Yes, there is supposed to be another movie featuring Jack and Brad Wright is supposed to be writing a "romantic scene" having to do with Sam and Jack. I'm guessing it will clear up everything. The only problem is waiting another year.

What do you think about his statements regarding Jack's retirement? I think they're strange. He knows Jack didn't retire, since he was responsible for the scene in Trio. But it sounds as if he thinks Jack did, at some point, retire. Huh.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
      i think the writers will probably never say for sure if they are together and if they do it wont be until the very last scene of the very last movie.they enjoy teasin all of us with the looks and subtle comments.but hey at least we know for sure that they are now
      It's getting old. They're not going to have anyone left that cares!

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        Here's a link to the quote, which is verbatim:http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=164236

Yes, there is supposed to be another movie featuring Jack and Brad Wright is supposed to be writing a "romantic scene" having to do with Sam and Jack. I'm guessing it will clear up everything. The only problem is waiting another year.

What do you think about his statements regarding Jack's retirement? I think they're strange. He knows Jack didn't retire, since he was responsible for the scene in Trio. But it sounds as if he thinks Jack did, at some point, retire. Huh.
        Interesting. I didn't know Jack retired as well. As far as I know, they never mentioned it. Maybe the 3rd movie comes inbetween the final episode of SG-1 and "Trio" episode. Just guessing.

Can't wait till they release the movie. After 10+ yrs of waiting, we will get a final confirmation.

Comment

Interesting. I didn't know Jack retired as well. As far as I know, they never mentioned it. Maybe the 3rd movie comes inbetween the final episode of SG-1 and "Trio" episode. Just guessing.

Can't wait till they release the movie. After 10+ yrs of waiting, we will get a final confirmation.
          I never thought of that- having the movies out of sync with the series and other movies. Who knows what they're going to do.

It's kind of funny though, because in Threads Kerry suggested that he retire, and then it's mentioned again in SGA's The Return, which always seemed a little out of left field to me.

Comment

I never thought of that- having the movies out of sync with the series and other movies. Who knows what they're going to do.

It's kind of funny though, because in Threads Kerry suggested that he retire, and then it's mentioned again in SGA's The Return, which always seemed a little out of left field to me.
            We expect him to be retired yet they refer to him working in homeworld security often like in 200 and even in the movie Continnum, he was there working. So if they want him to be retired, it must be right after the movie.

Comment

We expect him to be retired yet they refer to him working in homeworld security often like in 200 and even in the movie Continnum, he was there working. So if they want him to be retired, it must be right after the movie.
              Well I think it's quite clear that Jack hadn't yet retired as of Trio because in the deleted scene Sam says he's going to retire soon. And TPTB have been very clear that Continuum takes place after Trio, in fact, after S5's Search and Rescue, because Sam says she's going back to earth for Ba'al's extraction ceremony, and it's obvious there too that Jack still hasn't retired or he wouldn't have been in military garb at the ceremony nor would he have been taxed with the task of turning Ba'al over othe Tok'ra which is where they say he is as they're in the gateroom ready to leave.

I think either JM misspoke, or was referring to the fact that Jack may indeed have retired after Threads but was pulled back in following what we can only assume was Hammond's retirement from HWS. JM in fact said once that Jack's current job has never been specified officially. Hence it's fanon that's given him that role, so who knows. It is clear he has some connection with oversight of the SGC and Atlantis, hence his trip to the Pegasus galaxy with Woolsey to try to negotiate with the Ancients in the ep The Return. He also, in a deleted scene from SGA S4's Reunion, was responsible...with Woolsey...for recommending Sam for the Atlantis command.

As for the 200 wedding...JM has indicated in a past blog that nothing that happened in 200...including the whole movie-pitch idea...was to be considered canon. So in my mind I always set that ep completely off to the side and never take anything of it as real. It was what it was: a way for the riders to self-mock, poke fun at, play around, make some subtle (and not so subtle!) commentary, tease and generally just have fun at their, our and the characters' expense.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm finding it hard to feel very upbeat about this latest blog posting from JM, myself. As you said, APA, it's not like we didn't know this already. But I do find it a little disconcerting that he'd come right out and say that S/J are not canon and yet should have been. And I'm really tired of hearing "In my mind" or "If you want to imagine it". I understand it's not Joe's fault but I've always maintained from the very beginning it looks at the very least like poor attention to detail to leave things hanging this long.

Comment

I'm finding it hard to feel very upbeat about this latest blog posting from JM, myself. As you said, APA, it's not like we didn't know this already. But I do find it a little disconcerting that he'd come right out and say that S/J are not canon and yet should have been. And I'm really tired of hearing "In my mind" or "If you want to imagine it". I understand it's not Joe's fault but I've always maintained from the very beginning it looks at the very least like poor attention to detail to leave things hanging this long.
                  Well, I see a couple of fairly direct follow-up questions on his blog asking for clarification on these points, so we'll see if he's so inclined to be slightly more forthcoming. Although the fact that they're currently writing the 3rd movie may require him to continue to be more circumspect.

And JM has indicated before that there's a lack of agreement between TPTB on the matter. When asked about it in conjunction with the intended Trio scene, he said "It depends which PTB your talking about...we can't even agree on lunch...." or words to that effect. So. No. Not surprise there either.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi,

I've been rewatching SG-1 and I have a couple of lengthy stories as fanfictions to be written. But I'm a novice in fanfictions (only 2 non-SG-1 stories) and I need assistance in co-writing and/or beta reading the stories to keep it accurate to their characters and to ensure that I'm not making any mistakes anywhere.

Please contact me if you are interested as I would really like to write these stories which I think will be quite a good idea.

Regards,
                    Plague

Comment

JM isn't really well versed in SG-1 knowledge, having spent most of his time on Atlantis. His saying 'retirement', I'm taking to mean Jack being removed from Sam's chain of command. It reminds me of something that was said on the commentary for one of the Atlantis episodes Jack was in when wardrobe got his shirt wrong (one star instead of two). The Atlantis peeps just aren't as familiar with the SG-1 characters.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        JM isn't really well versed in SG-1 knowledge, having spent most of his time on Atlantis. His saying 'retirement', I'm taking to mean Jack being removed from Sam's chain of command. It reminds me of something that was said on the commentary for one of the Atlantis episodes Jack was in when wardrobe got his shirt wrong (one star instead of two). The Atlantis peeps just aren't as familiar with the SG-1 characters.
                        But JM is the one who came up with the deleted scene from Trio where he definitely indicates that Jack is NOT retired. So why would he say now that Jack was? He knows whether Jack did or didn't retire. He's not confused, although he might have picked the wrong words to use.

Not knowing the insignia for a rank is several of orders of magnitude less important than not knowing if the man has a rank at all.

Comment

The issue with wardrobe was just an example, probably not the best, to illustrate that those working on Atlantis aren't nearly as well versed in the character intricasies as those who worked on SG-1. I really think JM mean't something else when he mentioned Jack being retired so that he could be in a relationship with Sam.
                          sigpic

Comment

The issue with wardrobe was just an example, probably not the best, to illustrate that those working on Atlantis aren't nearly as well versed in the character intricasies as those who worked on SG-1. I really think JM mean't something else when he mentioned Jack being retired so that he could be in a relationship with Sam.
                            You're probably right, but I still think it's strange. JM's been with the franchise a long time, and Jack isn't a minor character.

Comment

Oh, I agree that the working is strange, and it certainly is possible that he used that word VERY specifically. But its not something I'm going to worry too much over.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh, I agree that the working is strange, and it certainly is possible that he used that word VERY specifically. But its not something I'm going to worry too much over.
                                If he wasn't a writer, I'd cut him some slack.

Comment

Working...
                                X