Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VSS View Post
    So why would he say that then, and with no clear indication whose it was? And with the only known motorcycle owner being Sam? There are few things that we can readily identify with Sam's (and only Sam's) personal life, but the motorcycle is one of them.
    Yeah, I've always found it significant that there's clearly a 'my' before the house and the truck, but just a pause as if considering then, 'motorcycle.' Almost as if he's either considering not mentioning it (cause Landry might question his having one?) or - and this tends to be my opinion - the fact he's in a position to sell Sam's motorcyle just adds to his bemusement about the state he's found his life in .

As far as Space Race, one of my favorite subtle bits of ship from early S7 is the way Jack immediately calls Sam up after the near miss with the sun, IMHO clearly to just check to make sure she's okay, yet he can't say that, and there's just this wonderfully angsty moment when neither of them can express what they're really thinking, and you can just see him wishing he were in a position to ask her not to take the chance but, being just her CO, he can't... *sigh*

As for Nightcrawlers, I got even less. Just that Sam seems awfully anxious and concerned when she answers the phone so early in the morning at the beginning which I figure is hope/concern it might be news about Jack who's off somewhere trying to get a Tok'ra symbiote removed.

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
    Hi I'm Rhi (Amuanet)
    and I'm not sure where I stand on the whole together/not together/married part of the S/J relationship
    The way I've pieced it together in my own mind is that they're currently together but not married. Since the whole deleted scene thing in Trio is not cannon...I'm really hoping to see something in the third Sg1 movie. Unlike some I was never satisfied with how the ship was left open in Threads, I'd like to see real confirmation rather than having to read between the lines all the time
    The whole Trio deleted scene itself may not be canon, but JM said it should be considered canon cause they wouldn't have filmed it if that weren't the case and it didn't fall in line with what TPTB felt was canon.. which is about as close as you can get to confirmation without it's being crystal clear onscreen.

And, welcome! Nice to see you here

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      Yeah, I've always found it significant that there's clearly a 'my' before the house and the truck, but just a pause as if considering then, 'motorcycle.' Almost as if he's either considering not mentioning it (cause Landry might question his having one?) or - and this tends to be my opinion - the fact he's in a position to sell Sam's motorcyle just adds to his bemusement about the state he's found his life in .
      I think he just likes to play head games with Landry. Because he does it again in Beachhead. It's almost as if he wants to see how much Landry actually knows.

Personally, I think he'd eventually have to tell him because otherwise Hank would misinterpret all those trips to Colorado Springs as Jack checking up on him.

Comment

I think he just likes to play head games with Landry. Because he does it again in Beachhead. It's almost as if he wants to see how much Landry actually knows.

Personally, I think he'd eventually have to tell him because otherwise Hank would misinterpret all those trips to Colorado Springs as Jack checking up on him.
        Yeah, I've always figured Landry had to know. I actually think that's why he seems to be giving Sam something of a hard time initially, especially in 4th Horseman. He's seen her record, believes she's good, but is made a bit comfortable because all he knows about her is her exceptional record and her relationship with Jack. Which would, really, make anyone uncomfortable, and I sometimes sense he's testing her to see how good and professional an officer she is on her own merit.

Comment

Hey, I've seen you around, Rhi. Kinda had you pegged for a shipper. Did you change your avatar recently? Ah - you hit the magic 2000, that's it!
          Lol yes I've been shipping for a long time, I did change my avatar a little while ago, but I haven't been on much this year..it's been a busy year

I also think they're not married, not that they couldn't be, but I don't think TPTB have the nerve to do it. Actually, it would make sense for them to be married, but oh well...
          Yes it would, even though I enjoyed the 200 wedding part, I believe it took any chances of ever seeing a real wedding in future movies. I agree with you, I don't think TPTB would have had the nerve to have them married anyway

I will say it's fun to have to read between the lines, kind of like being a detective, but to have real confirmation is definitely at the top of my list of things I'd like to see.
          I was actually going to say something similar, but I forgot to put it in. I actually enjoy the hints and reading between the lines as well (it's great fun and everyone always has a different interpretation, which is interesting) but after all these years and now little to no SG1...I'd like some great confirmation

It’s strange that I never noticed he even mentioned the word motorcycle, but now it’s clearly noticeable. It’s an interesting concept and TPTB wouldn’t have mentioned it for the sake of it. That’s the thing about S9 & 10 is that there are little hints here and there…but you just have to know where to find them

The whole Trio deleted scene itself may not be canon, but JM said it should be considered canon cause they wouldn't have filmed it if that weren't the case and it didn't fall in line with what TPTB felt was canon.. which is about as close as you can get to confirmation without it's being crystal clear onscreen.
          That’s true. I haven’t thought about it like that…well at least we got something even if it was in the deleted scenes. It’s better than nothing

And, welcome! Nice to see you here
          Thanks!
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I've always figured Landry had to know. I actually think that's why he seems to be giving Sam something of a hard time initially, especially in 4th Horseman. He's seen her record, believes she's good, but is made a bit comfortable because all he knows about her is her exceptional record and her relationship with Jack. Which would, really, make anyone uncomfortable, and I sometimes sense he's testing her to see how good and professional an officer she is on her own merit.
            Which is exactly the kind of thing she would want to avoid given how she never told anyone about General Jacob Carter until she was forced to.

Comment

Which is exactly the kind of thing she would want to avoid given how she never told anyone about General Jacob Carter until she was forced to.
              Exactly. And, really, given she's the daughter of a general, and the last two generals she's worked for she's had personal relationships (remember, Hammond was a friend of the family), it's not surprising Landry would feel the need to have her prove herself to him.

Comment

Hi,

It's been a while since I've watched SG-1. Didn't like how it was going post Season 8 so I skipped it unless they brought RDA in. So I must have missed this. Can you please enlighten me about this deleted scene that you are talking about? I would really appreciate that.

Regards,
                Plague

Comment

Originally posted by plague View Post
                  Hi,

It's been a while since I've watched SG-1. Didn't like how it was going post Season 8 so I skipped it unless they brought RDA in. So I must have missed this. Can you please enlighten me about this deleted scene that you are talking about? I would really appreciate that.

Regards,
                  Plague
                  You betcha. Here it is. It was deleted from the final cut, but JM said it should be considered as representing canon and in the SGA S5 commentaries AT, MG, and MW all make references to Sam's boyfriend the General considering retiring in Washington... Maybe someone can link those transcripts, cause I can't find them atm.

Comment

Just a reminder...hope to see you there!!!

* Smilie by Zuz

Comment

You betcha. Here it is. It was deleted from the final cut, but JM said it should be considered as representing canon and in the SGA S5 commentaries AT, MG, and MW all make references to Sam's boyfriend the General considering retiring in Washington... Maybe someone can link those transcripts, cause I can't find them atm.

Thanks for that. Can't wait to read the transcripts.

PS: After watching the video, I watched "200" again. Remember the scene when Vala propositioned the idea of Jack and Sam in a wedding? Both of them had that funny smile in them as if they have a secret. Since this clip gave almost a confirmation of them dating, maybe that scene gives them the idea of how their wedding should take place? Just a thought.

Regards,
                      Plague

Comment

I keep thinking we'll yet get a reference back to 200 (i know it's supposed to be a joke, but the party never made sense to me, it was much too big of a deal for someone's 200th trip through the gate).

But I'd rather not see a wedding. Wedding rings, a picture, something like that would be okay. After all, Sam had that picture of Daniel in his tux in her office on Atlantis, although JM said it wasn't related.

Comment

I keep thinking we'll yet get a reference back to 200 (i know it's supposed to be a joke, but the party never made sense to me, it was much too big of a deal for someone's 200th trip through the gate).

But I'd rather not see a wedding. Wedding rings, a picture, something like that would be okay. After all, Sam had that picture of Daniel in his tux in her office on Atlantis, although JM said it wasn't related.
                          I agree. The party didn't make sense to me either. And I don't think they got married in that episode itself. But I think Sam and Jack got an idea when Vala pitched the wedding. Thor doing the ceremony, Daniel as the groomsman and Vala as the bridesmaid. Kind of suits them after all they've been through don't u think? What's a normal wedding when u can have an inter-galactic one?

Regards.
                          Plague

Comment

Originally posted by plague View Post
                            I agree. The party didn't make sense to me either. And I don't think they got married in that episode itself. But I think Sam and Jack got an idea when Vala pitched the wedding. Thor doing the ceremony, Daniel as the groomsman and Vala as the bridesmaid. Kind of suits them after all they've been through don't u think? What's a normal wedding when u can have an inter-galactic one?

Regards.
                            Plague
                            Well, after what was on Joe's blog today I'm guessing there really is a little more to that party.

Comment

Well, after what was on Joe's blog today I'm guessing there really is a little more to that party.
                              What blog? Any link to it?

PS: I heard of a 3rd movie that will clear up all the Sam/Jack stuff. Is that true? Is it the Atlantis movie or another stargate movie?

Regards,
                              Plague

Comment

i think the writers will probably never say for sure if they are together and if they do it wont be until the very last scene of the very last movie.they enjoy teasin all of us with the looks and subtle comments.but hey at least we know for sure that they are now

Comment

Working...
                                X