Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
    Technically, I don't think he ever identifies them as "my" house or "my" motorcycle...ownership is left rather...ambiguous.
    Really? I'm going to have to go back and watch that scene again! It's been so long since I've seen it. I don't re-watch much of Season's 9 and 10.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

He said "My house, my truck,.. motorcycle."

The only ownership left ambiguous was the motorcycle's, because Jack never had one. Did anyone ever see one? You'd think that with Sam's interest in motorcycles it would have been a topic of conversation at least once.

But no. Because he sold hers. Or she was with him in Colorado and they sold it all at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post

The only ownership left ambiguous was the motorcycle's, because Jack never had one. Did anyone ever see one? You'd think that with Sam's interest in motorcycles it would have been a topic of conversation at least once.

But no. Because he sold hers. Or she was with him in Colorado and they sold it all at the same time.
        Well...I was half right. At least the half that counts.
        sigpic

Comment

Well...I was half right. At least the half that counts.
          Well, it's the only half that counts to me, too!

And you know my mantra- TPTB never do anything accidentally. The whole motorcycle comment was just too weird since no one ever saw Jack with one nor did he mention one, ever.

So why would he say that then, and with no clear indication whose it was? And with the only known motorcycle owner being Sam? There are few things that we can readily identify with Sam's (and only Sam's) personal life, but the motorcycle is one of them.

I've even sifted back through the Avalon thread in recent weeks just to be sure I'm not hallucinating, and I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Comment

Ohh, I always wondered why he mentioned a motorcycle since we never saw Jack with one . . . makes perfect sense that (was this during the time Sam was at Area 51?) he would be back in CO selling all of 'their' stuff at the same time . . .
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              Ohh, I always wondered why he mentioned a motorcycle since we never saw Jack with one . . . makes perfect sense that (was this during the time Sam was at Area 51?) he would be back in CO selling all of 'their' stuff at the same time . . .
              Right. There is no other reasonable explanation. Why would TPTB suddenly decide Jack owns a motorcycle? They don't do random things like that, especially since Jack had just a few lines in the entire episode. Although there are those who doubt Sam would ever sell her motorcycle- I'm just not one of them. I think she spends her free time in Washington, now.

And, as I mentioned earlier, either Sam was with him or they're married, because technically he can't sign the papers on her motorcycle by himself. Either way it's worth a big shippy smile from me.

Comment

Right. There is no other reasonable explanation. Why would TPTB suddenly decide Jack owns a motorcycle? They don't do random things like that, especially since Jack had just a few lines in the entire episode. Although there are those who doubt Sam would ever sell her motorcycle- I'm jusst not one of them.

And, as I mentioned earlier, either Sam was with him or they're married, because technically he can't sign the papers on her motorcycle by himself. Either way it's worth a big shippy smile from me.
                I remember when watching the episode for the first time wondering when Jack had a motorcycle and if it was in an episode and I just missed it. Then I thought that it was cool he had one but upset that we never got to see him ride it.

Then, of course, with shippy glasses on, its more believable that he was there to sell Sam's bike. I would hate to think Sam sold that bike she loved so much because she moved to Area 51. She could have kept it. . .
                sigpic

Comment

I remember when watching the episode for the first time wondering when Jack had a motorcycle and if it was in an episode and I just missed it. Then I thought that it was cool he had one but upset that we never got to see him ride it.

Then, of course, with shippy glasses on, its more believable that he was there to sell Sam's bike. I would hate to think Sam sold that bike she loved so much because she moved to Area 51. She could have kept it. . .
                  Well, if you've ever had to move a house-full of stuff, it becomes very easy to sell stuff, even things you thought you'd never sell.

And she's never talked about that bike since then, I believe.

Comment

Which episode was the bike in again? I think I need to watch that ep again
                    sigpic

Comment

Which episode was the bike in again? I think I need to watch that ep again
                      The bike has been in a few...Space Race was the last one, I think. Also, I think, The Curse--when she opts to stay in Colorado and work on it rather than go fishing with Jack--which of course we know she really couldn't do at that point because, well...by then fishing meant so much more than just...fishing.

And she mentions the bike in Nightwalkers too....

There's one more, but I can't put my finger on it atm.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ahh, Space Race and Nightwalkers . . . just useless episodes. It's no wonder I don't remember much about them. There on the bottom rung of enjoyable episodes for me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ahh, Space Race and Nightwalkers . . . just useless episodes. It's no wonder I don't remember much about them. There on the bottom rung of enjoyable episodes for me.
                          Actually they have some rather telling moments in them...which, unfortunately, I don't have time atm to point out. But I'll defer to others *cough*Jenn*cough* to discuss them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Actually they have some rather telling moments in them...which, unfortunately, I don't have time atm to point out. But I'll defer to others *cough*Jenn*cough* to discuss them.
                            Well, I hope SOMEONE discusses them because they're bottom rung to me, as well.

But, leiasky, if you want to catch the bit where Jack is talking about the motorcycle, it's Avalon Part 1.

Which, of course, is after Sam finally goes fishing.

Comment

Hi I'm Rhi (Amuanet)
                              and I'm not sure where I stand on the whole together/not together/married part of the S/J relationship
                              The way I've pieced it together in my own mind is that they're currently together but not married. Since the whole deleted scene thing in Trio is not cannon...I'm really hoping to see something in the third Sg1 movie. Unlike some I was never satisfied with how the ship was left open in Threads, I'd like to see real confirmation rather than having to read between the lines all the time
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
                                Hi I'm Rhi (Amuanet)
                                and I'm not sure where I stand on the whole together/not together/married part of the S/J relationship
                                The way I've pieced it together in my own mind is that they're currently together but not married. Since the whole deleted scene thing in Trio is not cannon...I'm really hoping to see something in the third Sg1 movie. Unlike some I was never satisfied with how the ship was left open in Threads, I'd like to see real confirmation rather than having to read between the lines all the time
                                Hey, I've seen you around, Rhi. Kinda had you pegged for a shipper. Did you change your avatar recently? Ah - you hit the magic 2000, that's it!

I also think they're not married, not that they couldn't be, but I don't think TPTB have the nerve to do it. Actually, it would make sense for them to be married, but oh well...

I will say it's fun to have to read between the lines, kind of like being a detective, but to have real confirmation is definitely at the top of my list of things I'd like to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X