No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think romance is considered boring unless it culminates in sex and that relationships are very boring. What they don't realize and is amusing to me is alot of the "romance" of shows like SG1,X Files,etc is not written---it is in choices made by actors and directors. This is very possible in series drama. I was very impressed with the commentary on "Beneath the Surface". The script called for Jack and Sam to kiss but RDA came up with the sitting with the head on the shoulder which showed intimacy.Same with "Lost City"--the writers think action ie "kiss".The actors know the eye lock is actually more telling. These were serious emotional scenes where the writers think throw in a kiss but although none of us in this thread would have hated it it would have been cliche and left us wanting more.The way it was shot gave us a moment AND confirmation which I think few genre writers get. The kiss in "Window of Opportunity" is dead on as it is a happy moment and there was no compromise of the characters.I think it too bad the producers stopped getting outside scripts(I know I repeat myself) and didn't have Damian Kindler insert dialogue requiring a personal touch more! On the overall subject of ships --- at one of the Farscape cons Ben Browder and Claudia Black discussed this on stage(I will dig out the dvd and get the quote) and it was very interesting.

I'll step down from my pulpit now!

angie
    benbrowder.net
    Last edited by scapephile; 12 July 2008, 09:25 AM.
    Ben Browder : blowin up things and kissin that's what we call Drahma !

Comment

BTW....it's time for the official invitation to start making the rounds....

Comment

I'm new to the forum but not to Stargate. I've just not had the time to jump into the fandom past watching it. But I've watched since SGI episode 1 and, I just absolutely love the Sam/Jack relationship. Wish they'd give us more than 'hints' toward the end, but, oh well, I'll take what I can get!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          I'm new to the forum but not to Stargate. I've just not had the time to jump into the fandom past watching it. But I've watched since SGI episode 1 and, I just absolutely love the Sam/Jack relationship. Wish they'd give us more than 'hints' toward the end, but, oh well, I'll take what I can get!
          There is talk that the third movie is going to be Jack-centric. JM also said that there would be a romantic scene between Jack and Sam...at least I *think* that's what I read. Maybe I'm just making stuff up.

Comment

At the recent Stargate con in Chicago Ben Browder was talking about Unending and said "we all know Jack and Sam are together".It was a good moment to me when the crowd applauded!

Comment

Originally posted by scapephile View Post
              At the recent Stargate con in Chicago Ben Browder was talking about Unending and said "we all know Jack and Sam are together".It was a good moment to me when the crowd applauded!

I think that was an excellent time!

TPTB have had this storyline looming for how many years? It would be a great injustice to us... the fans... if they just let it go. KWIM?
              Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
              You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Ahhh, that makes me happy
                sigpic

Comment

If it's true then this is the first time I actually like Ben/Cam

Comment

That's great news! Thanks for passing that along!

Comment

I understand not liking Cam but putting Ben/Cam!?!?!

Prior to starting filming Ben Browder watched all 8 seasons of SG1 something TPTB might do before writing the next film! I think in their excitement to create their "own" SG1 with the Ori etc. after the departure of Anderson/Greenberg as executive producers they lost sight of what made SG1.

Comment

I understand not liking Cam but putting Ben/Cam!?!?!

Prior to starting filming Ben Browder watched all 8 seasons of SG1 something TPTB might do before writing the next film! I think in their excitement to create their "own" SG1 with the Ori etc. after the departure of Anderson/Greenberg as executive producers they lost sight of what made SG1.
                        Yeah, I don't believe him! In a promo for Stargate SG-1 season 10 - he said "Welcome to season 2!" I was WTF? Who does this guy think he is? Maybe he finally realized the show's great history and fandom. If so he's finally earned my respect...

Comment

Not to get off topic but Ben does get it. When he first was on the show and was asked about how little he was getting to do--he said it would be insulting to have his character come in and instantly be part of the team and be in the forefront.He also as a writer has never understood why relationships "ruin" characters or shows.Something TPTB don't get! Especially in 200 when they allude to comments about using phone calls etc. The "Trio" commentary still po's me!

angie
                          benbrowder.net
                          Last edited by scapephile; 29 August 2008, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Aww, that makes me squee with fangirl delight
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Hello! i think i never post on this thread but... only for the time i'm reading here i like it...
                              sigpic

Comment

I think romance is considered boring unless it culminates in sex and that relationships are very boring. What they don't realize and is amusing to me is alot of the "romance" of shows like SG1,X Files,etc is not written---it is in choices made by actors and directors. This is very possible in series drama. I was very impressed with the commentary on "Beneath the Surface". The script called for Jack and Sam to kiss but RDA came up with the sitting with the head on the shoulder which showed intimacy.Same with "Lost City"--the writers think action ie "kiss".The actors know the eye lock is actually more telling. These were serious emotional scenes where the writers think throw in a kiss but although none of us in this thread would have hated it it would have been cliche and left us wanting more.The way it was shot gave us a moment AND confirmation which I think few genre writers get. The kiss in "Window of Opportunity" is dead on as it is a happy moment and there was no compromise of the characters.I think it too bad the producers stopped getting outside scripts(I know I repeat myself) and didn't have Damian Kindler insert dialogue requiring a personal touch more! On the overall subject of ships --- at one of the Farscape cons Ben Browder and Claudia Black discussed this on stage(I will dig out the dvd and get the quote) and it was very interesting.

I'll step down from my pulpit now!

angie
                                benbrowder.net
                                and this my friends brings us to a subject I could go on about....

I hate how Hollywood glorifies pre-marital sex...

Comment

Working...
                                X