Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    Nononono .. the thought alone really isn't enough. Onscreen confirmation is what I want! In whatever form.
    Ditto!
    Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
    You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Originally posted by madaline_7 View Post
      Ditto!
      Ditto, Ditto
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
        Ditto, Ditto
        I will "third" that ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I will "third" that ditto!

Thanks Hedwig.

I was hoping someone would!
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Well I watched Continuum last night. What a waste of actors!
            Ben Browder : blowin up things and kissin that's what we call Drahma !

Comment

Hey Everyone,

I've just seen Stargate Continuum and I would like to share my thoughts.

Spoiler:
              I was greatly disappointed with the movie. I didn't read any spoiler of the movie and I was expecting more time for RDA as Jack. For me, he was just there to satisfy the fans. He didn't have any value towards the story or the movie. He just jokes around while he is there. And the timeline storyline is already played out though it wasn't goa'uld who did it before. But still, I personally think Season 8's timeline change is much better than this.

And what was up with the gradually changing timeline? When Ba'al crashed the ship, it should change for everyone. As science has proved, time is constant for everyone. So when Vala disappears, so should everyone else. If stargate was not found, then Sam, Daniel, Jack and Daniel never joined the team. So they wouldn't exist as a team together. And time would have changed immediately. So that gradually changing part was disappointing. And Sam explains that they didn't change because they were in the middle of the stargate transfer. But they were not.

And I was disappointed with them not ending the Jack/Sam storyline as well. I'm one of the shippers who wanted to see them together in the end and the way they finished leaves it inconclusive. The least they could have done is have it mention when Jack was dying (which was unbelievable since he was stabbed in the shoulder area). Something would have been better than what they gave.

Overall, I would have preffered if they stayed with Season 8's ending. After that it has gone downhill in my eyes.

Share your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by plague View Post
                Hey Everyone,

I've just seen Stargate Continuum and I would like to share my thoughts.

Spoiler:
                I was greatly disappointed with the movie. I didn't read any spoiler of the movie and I was expecting more time for RDA as Jack. For me, he was just there to satisfy the fans. He didn't have any value towards the story or the movie. He just jokes around while he is there. And the timeline storyline is already played out though it wasn't goa'uld who did it before. But still, I personally think Season 8's timeline change is much better than this.

And what was up with the gradually changing timeline? When Ba'al crashed the ship, it should change for everyone. As science has proved, time is constant for everyone. So when Vala disappears, so should everyone else. If stargate was not found, then Sam, Daniel, Jack and Daniel never joined the team. So they wouldn't exist as a team together. And time would have changed immediately. So that gradually changing part was disappointing. And Sam explains that they didn't change because they were in the middle of the stargate transfer. But they were not.

And I was disappointed with them not ending the Jack/Sam storyline as well. I'm one of the shippers who wanted to see them together in the end and the way they finished leaves it inconclusive. The least they could have done is have it mention when Jack was dying (which was unbelievable since he was stabbed in the shoulder area). Something would have been better than what they gave.

Overall, I would have preffered if they stayed with Season 8's ending. After that it has gone downhill in my eyes.

Share your thoughts.
                Since the majority of us won't get to see "Continuum" until it is released near the end of July, perhaps you could take this discussion to a separate thread or a "Continuum" thread if there already is one. Anyone who has already seen the movie has either seen it at an official screening or a leaked version of the movie, and it really isn't fair to discuss it openly (even if wrapped in a "spoiler" label) where other people may be tempted to read about it.

Comment

I apologize for making the initial comment. I have never understood spoiler virgins though

Comment

Originally posted by scapephile View Post
                    I apologize for making the initial comment. I have never understood spoiler virgins though
                    What's a "spoiler virgin"? Somebody who doesn't know what spoilers are?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      What's a "spoiler virgin"? Somebody who doesn't know what spoilers are?
                      Or people who don't want to be spoiled??

What's wrong with that
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                        Or people who don't want to be spoiled??

What's wrong with that
                        Didn't think of that one.

Comment

I meant it as people who don't want to be spoiled. No matter what I read it is never the same as watching so I like spoilers--I want to see how something comes across. I also came here to talk since in the general thread shipping is discussed rather condenscendingly if you know what I mean

angie
                          benbrowder.net

Comment

Can we discuss the Trio deleted scene? I got the dvds yesterday.

angie
                            benbrowder.net

Comment

Originally posted by scapephile View Post
                              Can we discuss the Trio deleted scene? I got the dvds yesterday.

angie
                              benbrowder.net
                              Sure we can, we squeed all over it on the Sam/Jack ship family thread!

Comment

Yes but this is a different thread so I was unsure. I think the commentary shows what happened with the franchise. There is alot of comments that we can't have just actors talking and "universal"scenes that have no relation to a specific story just the characters. When SG1 used a pool of writers we got more balanced scripts after coming to Scifi and going to a small team we get these stories where they cut pertinent dialogues in favor of stunts and special effects. Sorry about the rant but I felt alot of the deleted scenes were far more interesting than what aired. As for Trio---a large number of fans have 10+ years invested in the Carter character so it is far more pertinent than who would you do dialogue (which was cute but which would you rather have had?).

Comment

Working...
                                X