Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VSS View Post
    Uh no...
    I think Sam and Jack deserve a better scene than a remake of Kerry and Jack.

I'm actually starting to wish the series had ended with Threads because it really looked like they'd ended up together (I'm not much of a S9,10 or Atlantis fan). With all the time that has gone by since then, there should have been more development of this story arc, given its importance to the characters involved. I think the hints are nice and I realize the difficulty of moving it along given Jack's rare appearances, but the lack of attention to the story makes me think one of two things is going on: The relationship isn't important to the actors/writers/producers or there isn't a relationship anymore, at least not in the Stargate canon. I used to think it was the former, but now I am not so sure.

Regarding Continuum
    Spoiler:
    Given what we know about AT Jack, I'll be happy if the movie doesn't sink the ship.

On the other hand, their relationship has languished for years before and survived the whole Pete era, so I guess there's hope for something good to come of it in the end. If I can wait that long.
    VSS, I didn't even think of the Jack and Kerry scene in regards to that question. Thanks for ruining that scenario for me now

You have a point about Threads. We may have been better off just letting it end there after all.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
      They're 2 distinct episodes
      'Reunion' 403 - Sam's unpacking and we get a glimpse of this picture

Spoiler:

'Trio' 416
      cut scene

Spoiler:

A little chat between Carter and Keller as they are knotting up that rope:

Carter: So…you seeing anyone?

Keller: What?

Carter: Around the base, you seeing anyone?

Keller: I dunno…I had a moment with - with this…guy. He’s not exactly easy to read so…I guess the short answer is “no”. You?

Carter: Well, I’m the boss, so I can’t really…

Keller: Right Anyone back home?

Carter: Uhm…

Keller: Un-huh, I thought so. Give it up.

Carter: Well, it’s complicated.

Keller: Show me a relationship that isn’t.

Carter: He’s in Washington…I’m here.

Keller: Ouch. Long distance relationship.

Carter: He’s going to retire soon, so maybe -

Keller: Really! Retire? So…an older man, huh?

Carter: Not that much older.

Keller: Washington, older man…is he like a Senator or something? Someone famous? Would I know him?

Carter: Probably not.

and yes I have it saved on my lappy

Yea! Thanks for posting that. I'm all fluffy now....
      Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
      You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, reading all that made me

sigpic

Comment

Was this filmed? I d/l the ep and sure remember it.I am wondering if it is like Threads---thought I was going crazy imagining a scene which was on the replacement dvd<G>

Originally posted by madaline_7 View Post
          Yea! Thanks for posting that. I'm all fluffy now....
          Ben Browder : blowin up things and kissin that's what we call Drahma !

Comment

Originally posted by scapephile View Post
            Was this filmed? I d/l the ep and sure remember it.I am wondering if it is like Threads---thought I was going crazy imagining a scene which was on the replacement dvd<G>
            I don't think it was filmed; otherwise JM would have put a video on his blog. But I'm not certain...
            I do know there's only 1 version of the episode.

I think there'll be info about the scene in the S4 bonus

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove View Post
              I don't think it was filmed; otherwise JM would have put a video on his blog. But I'm not certain...
              I do know there's only 1 version of the episode.

I think there'll be info about the scene in the S4 bonus
              You would certainly hope so! (and by you, I mean all of us, and by hope so, I mean there better be!)
              Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic

Comment

It was filmed, JM said it would be on the S4 DVD...

Comment

Cool, so I did hear it somewhere. Was beginning to think I had dreamed it

Comment

YEA!!

Comment

I just happened to see if those DVDs are out yet and I guess they're not. But I looked at the contents and there's no mention of a special feature of any kind, not cut scenes or interviews. I have no idea if that kind of thing usually doesn't get into the product content description or not.

This was on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                        I just happened to see if those DVDs are out yet and I guess they're not. But I looked at the contents and there's no mention of a special feature of any kind, not cut scenes or interviews. I have no idea if that kind of thing usually doesn't get into the product content description or not.

This was on Amazon.
                        Do they put that information on the content description? I also read the cut Trio scene would be included in the extras.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I don't think they list the details always but a friend said that was to be included.I am guessing with the season 8 messup they learned their lesson!
                          Ben Browder : blowin up things and kissin that's what we call Drahma !

Comment

Originally posted by scapephile View Post
                            I don't think they list the details always but a friend said that was to be included.I am guessing with the season 8 messup they learned their lesson!
                            JM said it would be included. I have my fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                              VSS, I didn't even think of the Jack and Kerry scene in regards to that question. Thanks for ruining that scenario for me now

You have a point about Threads. We may have been better off just letting it end there after all.
                              No, no, no, no, no! Leaving it at Threads/Moebius is not the answer. There wasn't any confirmation there. Maybe if Daniel and Teal'c hadn't shown up... Maybe. I doubt it though. And they did show up so... Confirmation. Got. There. No!

Oh, and I'm part of the group that does not want to see confirmation a la Sam/Pete or Jack/Kerri. No thanks. Sam and Jack deserve better than a crude slap-in-the-face showing of sex. (PG as they were. Although that wrestling match... So glad I didn't have a kid to explain that too.) Besides, sex does not confirm that a relationship exists.

So what would do it for me? The L-word. From Sam. Getting it from Jack is easy. He's so obviously head-over-heels in love with her and, in my mind, said it already in Divide and Conquer (and every time he gazes at her too). To hear it from Sam, spoken directly to Jack, would be true confirmation.
                              Last edited by UhSir; 18 June 2008, 09:09 AM. Reason: because GW doesn't like accented characters?

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                                No, no, no, no, no! Leaving it at Threads/Moebius is not the answer. There wasn't any confirmation there. Maybe if Daniel and Teal'c hadn't shown up... Maybe. I doubt it though. And they did show up so... Confirmation. Got. There. No!

Oh, and I'm part of the group that does not want to see confirmation a la Sam/Pete or Jack/Kerri. No thanks. Sam and Jack deserve better than a crude slap-in-the-face showing of sex. (PG as they were. Although that wrestling match... So glad I didn't have a kid to explain that too.) Besides, sex does not confirm that a relationship exists.

So what would do it for me? The L-word. From Sam. Getting it from Jack is easy. He's so obviously head-over-heels in love with her and, in my mind, said it already in Divide and Conquer (and every time he gazes at her too). To hear it from Sam, spoken directly to Jack, would be true confirmation.
                                I'd never thought of the bedroom scene like that but you are right. I would settle for seeing Sam putting a ring on her dogtags or saying to Jack, "See you at home"anything really. JM did mention a nice moment for the shippers what I don't want is AU anything kisses or otherwise implied although from the spoilers that won't be an issue. Major Continuum Spoiler ahead
                                Spoiler:
                                Still okay knowing click on the final tag
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam the astronaut is dead in the new timeline maybe she was married to Jack as well?
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Working...
                                X