No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a very insightful comment. I think that kind of writing also would have avoided the negative feedback they got when they decided to make it a plot point, because fans who weren't necessarily in tune with the extreme subtlety of the relationship felt ambushed.

If they ever write anything significant for J & S in the future, some fans might feel that way again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove View Post
      Personally I think they just have a problem with romance because they're good at writing friendship.
      I think we could easily solve that problem for them by hiring some of the great fanfic witers out there, like Annerb (my favourite), and quite a few others that really have just filled the gap of s/j ship left by the writers.

Instead of redoing the Children of the Gods I think us shippers would much prefer a movie made just for us, with acknowledgement and confirmation of their feelings for each other. I don't need to see them 10 years into marriage with 2.5 kids. I just need a kiss (for starters) a real kiss, in this time line, that neither of them forget and a real discussion about what they feel for each other and what they do about it now.

(Sighs deeply) You guys got me going again. (Deeper sighs follow)
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
        <snip> I just need a kiss (for starters) a real kiss, in this time line, that neither of them forget and a real discussion about what they feel for each other and what they do about it now.

(Sighs deeply) You guys got me going again. (Deeper sighs follow)
        That I'd love to see. A real discussion- after all, they're such great conversationalists, aren't they? We could spend the next year trying to decipher what they really meant.

That's why there has to be a real-time kiss, which really doesn't leave a whole lot of room for interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
          That I'd love to see. A real discussion- after all, they're such great conversationalists, aren't they? We could spend the next year trying to decipher what they really meant.

That's why there has to be a real-time kiss, which really doesn't leave a whole lot of room for interpretation.

That is honestly all I am asking for. A kiss... a real kiss in this timeline. *sigh*
          Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
          You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Waking up in bed together when the SGC calls naked would do it for me
            Ben Browder : blowin up things and kissin that's what we call Drahma !

Comment

Originally posted by scapephile View Post
              That works for me too
              sigpic
              Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Uh no...
                I think Sam and Jack deserve a better scene than a remake of Kerry and Jack.

I'm actually starting to wish the series had ended with Threads because it really looked like they'd ended up together (I'm not much of a S9,10 or Atlantis fan). With all the time that has gone by since then, there should have been more development of this story arc, given its importance to the characters involved. I think the hints are nice and I realize the difficulty of moving it along given Jack's rare appearances, but the lack of attention to the story makes me think one of two things is going on: The relationship isn't important to the actors/writers/producers or there isn't a relationship anymore, at least not in the Stargate canon. I used to think it was the former, but now I am not so sure.

Regarding Continuum
                Spoiler:
                Given what we know about AT Jack, I'll be happy if the movie doesn't sink the ship.

On the other hand, their relationship has languished for years before and survived the whole Pete era, so I guess there's hope for something good to come of it in the end. If I can wait that long.

Comment

I forgot to add that over at the Sam and Jack Family Ship Thread, they are planning to discuss Message in a Bottle at 4pm EDT.
                  Last edited by VSS; 11 June 2008, 03:35 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=VSS;8389306]Uh no...
                    I think Sam and Jack deserve a better scene than a remake of Kerry and Jack.

I'm actually starting to wish the series had ended with Threads because it really looked like they'd ended up together (I'm not much of a S9,10 or Atlantis fan).

I completely agree with you on that one and after TRIO decided it was never going to happen so i would just stop hoping and stop being disappointed. But once a s/j shipper always an s/j shipper I guess 'cause here I am again. Hoping.

Oh! And I did say a kiss would do it for me for starters. Something that catches them both by surprise by its tenderness and then intensity causing them not to be able to 'leave it in the room' anymore. Woo Hoo!

(Runs off to find appropriate fanfic)
                    sigpic
                    sig by Mada
                    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Even my husband... who laughs at me all the time about this says that they need some sort of... answer about Jack and Sam. A real answer.

Actually... I think he is more shippy than I am at times. He is the one that pointed out Jack's picture in Reunion to me.
                      Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                      You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                        I completely agree with you on that one and after TRIO decided it was never going to happen so i would just stop hoping and stop being disappointed. But once a s/j shipper always an s/j shipper I guess 'cause here I am again. Hoping.

Oh! And I did say a kiss would do it for me for starters. Something that catches them both by surprise by its tenderness and then intensity causing them not to be able to 'leave it in the room' anymore. Woo Hoo!

(Runs off to find appropriate fanfic)
                        Ohhh, I agree too. I just can't bring myself to watch S9 or 10, or the AoT. I just want to KNOW they're together and then I would enjoy it so much more.

What does it take to let us know?? 1 minute would be enough. Geez.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                          Ohhh, I agree too. I just can't bring myself to watch S9 or 10, or the AoT. I just want to KNOW they're together and then I would enjoy it so much more.

What does it take to let us know?? 1 minute would be enough. Geez.
                          Ah you know, being vague is just so cool

At least we would have had something in TRIO if they haden't cut the scene. Normally it was supposed to be there so it does mean they're together. Otherwise they wouldn't have written the scene to begin with!

Comment

Can someone refresh my memory of the cut scene? Also what ep had Sam and Keller discussing personal stuff(Sam kind of uncomfortable) and Keller looking at a picture in her(Sam's) quarters?
                            Ben Browder : blowin up things and kissin that's what we call Drahma !

Comment

Can someone refresh my memory of the cut scene? Also what ep had Sam and Keller discussing personal stuff(Sam kind of uncomfortable) and Keller looking at a picture in her(Sam's) quarters?
                              They're 2 distinct episodes
                              'Reunion' 403 - Sam's unpacking and we get a glimpse of this picture

Spoiler:

'Trio' 416
                              cut scene

Spoiler:

A little chat between Carter and Keller as they are knotting up that rope:

Carter: So…you seeing anyone?

Keller: What?

Carter: Around the base, you seeing anyone?

Keller: I dunno…I had a moment with - with this…guy. He’s not exactly easy to read so…I guess the short answer is “no”. You?

Carter: Well, I’m the boss, so I can’t really…

Keller: Right Anyone back home?

Carter: Uhm…

Keller: Un-huh, I thought so. Give it up.

Carter: Well, it’s complicated.

Keller: Show me a relationship that isn’t.

Carter: He’s in Washington…I’m here.

Keller: Ouch. Long distance relationship.

Carter: He’s going to retire soon, so maybe -

Keller: Really! Retire? So…an older man, huh?

Carter: Not that much older.

Keller: Washington, older man…is he like a Senator or something? Someone famous? Would I know him?

Carter: Probably not.

and yes I have it saved on my lappy

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                                They're 2 distinct episodes
                                'Reunion' 403 - Sam's unpacking and we get a glimpse of this picture

'Trio' 416
                                cut scene

Spoiler:

A little chat between Carter and Keller as they are knotting up that rope:

Carter: So…you seeing anyone?

Keller: What?

Carter: Around the base, you seeing anyone?

Keller: I dunno…I had a moment with - with this…guy. He’s not exactly easy to read so…I guess the short answer is “no”. You?

Carter: Well, I’m the boss, so I can’t really…

Keller: Right Anyone back home?

Carter: Uhm…

Keller: Un-huh, I thought so. Give it up.

Carter: Well, it’s complicated.

Keller: Show me a relationship that isn’t.

Carter: He’s in Washington…I’m here.

Keller: Ouch. Long distance relationship.

Carter: He’s going to retire soon, so maybe -

Keller: Really! Retire? So…an older man, huh?

Carter: Not that much older.

Keller: Washington, older man…is he like a Senator or something? Someone famous? Would I know him?

Carter: Probably not.

and yes I have it saved on my lappy
                                Don't forget THIS. And thanks for posting the dialog, I managed to lose it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X