Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    I hope Sam/Jack do get together.IMO Sam/Daniel have always been more Brother and Sister.TPTB have pushed the Sam/Jack Ship for the longest time.IMO it would not make sense to stop the Sam/Jack Ship after all this Time.Good Luck to all the Ship Fans.One thing is certain.TPTB will continue to upset all Shippers.
    Isn't this the Sam/Daniel Ship thread? Not trying to be antagonistic or anything, but come on, let's have positive posts about S/D here! No offense but I began to dislike Sam when she was having all the trouble sorting out her feelings, especially around S7 or so because of the S/J ship. I think TPTB nearly ruined her with that. She's become more likeable this season and I'm worried that she'll be ruined again if they shove the S/J stuff down our throats again.

Again no offense but I think we should respect each other for the different ships that we believe in. I've actually gotten close to flames at fanfiction.net by S/J shippers on my S/D stories and I think it's totally uncalled for. I don't go out of my way to flame S/J people or say that they're wrong. I KNOW that TPTB aren't going to do any S/D ship onscreen so I'm happy with fanfiction and any friendship moments that we see.

One thing I do agree with though, they will try to upset the shippers. And non-shippers obviously who do not want to see S/J rehashed, or see Daniel/Vala.

Comment

Love the last pic! Thanks for posting them!

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
        Hey all, I was perusing the "Fallen" transcript to seek out shippy scenes (I actually have yet to see that ep) and found some interesting stuff. The scene has been mentioned here before, but I think it's well worth looking at again. First I think it shows how much Sam cares for Daniel. This scene clearly indicates her respect and love (romantic or no) for Jackson:

Transcript
        Spoiler:
        JACKSON: "What if I don't like who I was? What if I don't want to be that person? What if I don't have it in me to make up for something I've done wrong?"

CARTER: "I have to admit, that never occurred to me. Look, we all thought we'd lost you at one point. It was one of the hardest things I have ever been through. You were...you are...brilliant. One of the most caring, passionate...you're the type of person who would give his own life for someone he doesn't even know."

JACKSON: "Well, that doesn't sound so bad."

CARTER: "If you had one fault, it was that you wanted to save people so badly, y-you wanted to help people so much, that it tore you apart when you couldn't make a difference."

JACKSON: "That actually sounds kind of hard to live up to."

CARTER: "All I know is that if I were you, I would definitely want to get to know me...you."

JACKSON: "I get it."

Sam was opening up--saying things she would likely never have told Daniel. It also seems obvious to me that she held back a bit.

Then later on Daniel asks Sam if they had ever been an item. Her response was very telling to me:

Spoiler:
        She gets up to leave.

JACKSON: "Samantha Carter?"

Sam stops at the tent entrance and turns back to Daniel.

CARTER: "Yeah?"

JACKSON: "Was there ever anything...between us?"

CARTER: "Us, uh...no, no, not in that way. We - we were really, really good friends."

JACKSON (shaking his head): "Okay."

Now, there are a couple ways to take that exchange. First, we could assume Sam was being completely straightforward and meant the two were never anything more than friends. My bro's theory is worth mentioning here. He thinks Sam definitely had feelings for Daniel, but she didn't want to hurt him by saying it wouldn't work out--a conclusion my bro thinks Sam would have come to. Or, finally, she does have feelings and never thought about it until then. Either way, it explains the minor hesitation in her repsonse.

Now from the Daniel side; I doun it interesting that he asked that question at all. We are told early that he has no memory of his previous life. However, he admits to Teal'c that some memories have returned such as the memory of his wife. Daniel comments that "I must have really loved her". Now to me that suggests that Daniel must have had some strong feelings for Sam if he felt it necessary to ask about them. i.e. his memory of their relationship was that strong--and confusing--to warrant the question. Or Daniel believed there was something between them because of Sam's heartfelt emotional outpoouring moments before. Clearly he picked up on something whether it be from a strong memory, or Sam's emotions.

Critically speaking, the writers, in my opinion, wanted the audience to see something there. There was no need to have such a line otherwise. I have a feeling TPTB won't completely drop these tensions in S10 or future seasons.

Later all,
        Royal

I've thought about that before too. I like your theories (and your bro's). Another one I had was that she and Daniel really didn't have anything between them...she hesitated because maybe she DID want to tell him yes, since he'd lost his memories and maybe she was thinking that they could start over. But then she thought that might not be fair to him and she was worried that if he ever did regain his memories, he wouldn't appreciate that she lied to him about it. From Daniel's side, I think that he might have somehow felt a strong connection to her when she entered the tent that he thought something might have been between them - and maybe also from the way she described him in such a positive light.

Either way I really enjoyed that scene and was so glad it was there. Again since there'll never be a S/D ship onscreen, it's scenes like this that keep me going.

I really hope you're right that they won't drop stuff like this for S10 or any more future seasons. I'm not ready to have a wake/funeral/burial/whatever for Sam and Daniel's friendship!

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
          It's definitely too early for a romantic relationship between Daniel and Vala, but these two are just made for each other, so I hope by the end of let's say season 12 to see them really together
          You got the wrong ship thread, pal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fantastic
            I agree that Daniel and Vala should not spend too much time together in S10 alone. That would be detrimental to team interaction overall, not just the Sam/Daniel ship.
            So true, Mr_Fantastic. I think it would threaten to break up the team dynamic with Daniel and Vala on one side and the other 3 on the other.

btw, welcome to the thread!

Comment

Here's a couple good pictures from Collateral Damage.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/9...damage061.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/9...damage081.html
              Last edited by MasterPower; 27 March 2006, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                So true, Mr_Fantastic. I think it would threaten to break up the team dynamic with Daniel and Vala on one side and the other 3 on the other.

Glad to be here!

Great Sig by Bella

Comment

Originally posted by JessM

Absolutely. I think Vala is a fun character and he rinteractions with Daniel are humorous. That being said, I really don't think the constant innuendo/skull duggery is necessarily a good thing. She talks a lot like a hussy from the Daniel/MS thunk thread lol. Perhaps if they tone her character down a bit and reign in the thieving, lying etc., she could fit in with the team more. Even then, I don't think she and Daniel should be together. It just seems so wrong to me. Maybe I just can't identify with her character, but I know I won't enjoy a relationship where the participants are completely disparate. I also wouldn't like it if Daniel just gave in to her seduction attempts. It would not be good for either of their characters.

Ok rant over. Back to the fun,

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                    Absolutely. I think Vala is a fun character and he rinteractions with Daniel are humorous. That being said, I really don't think the constant innuendo/skull duggery is necessarily a good thing. She talks a lot like a hussy from the Daniel/MS thunk thread
                    Royal
                    I like SG and I have a 7 year old cousin that I got hooked. That said I wouldn't want him to watch the first few episodes of this season because of the innuendos. I don't like them period but that's just me.

Welcome to the thread Mr_Fantastic!
                    Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Yeah, we could definately have done without the innuendo. And especially the ones that were flat out lies. (Like where she would say that she and Daniel had had sex, when in fact they, of course had not. That made me kind of mad.)

When billions vanish, including one of SG-1's own, the team looks for answers. What they find changes their lives forever, and throws them into the battle of the ages. What happens when SG-1 stands in the way of the most evil enemy they will ever face?
                      Read "Left Behind: SG-1" for excitement like never before in Stargate fanfiction!
                      Left Behind: SG-1
                      The rest of my fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/~startrekfreak

Comment

New to the board and wanted to say "HI" to the Daniel/Sam shippers first.

I have been a Daniel/Sam shipper since season 1 episode 1 and have wanted them to get together for 9 freaking seasons with no luck.

Jack/Sam I have never gotten at all. The man is pretty much old enough to be her father and they have nothing in common. She is a woman of science and has a love of learning she needs a man like Daniel who understands her and loves the same things in life she does. And actually respects her mind and her on every level.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Monarch
                          New to the board and wanted to say "HI" to the Daniel/Sam shippers first.

I have been a Daniel/Sam shipper since season 1 episode 1 and have wanted them to get together for 9 freaking seasons with no luck.

Jack/Sam I have never gotten at all. The man is pretty much old enough to be her father and they have nothing in common. She is a woman of science and has a love of learning she needs a man like Daniel who understands her and loves the same things in life she does. And actually respects her mind and her on every level.
                          First of all Welcome to the thread! Second I would just like to say I completely agree with you about the Jack/Sam stuff.
                          Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Monarch
                            Jack/Sam I have never gotten at all. The man is pretty much old enough to be her father and they have nothing in common. .
                            I agree

Comment

My daily post of pictures...

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/9...%5Ftwo382.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/9...Fd%5Fm008.html

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/graphics/719_19.shtml

Comment

Which I am eternally greatful! The last picture is what all us shippers live by. lol
                                This cap is for the first pic. Sam: He's behind me isn't he?
                                Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X