Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter
    I have a little situation...I was talking to my boyfriend the other day and he is totally against the Sam/Daniel ship...he thinks it should be Sam/Jack just because of the other realities...he won't listen to me when I try to justify the S/D ship...lol...he has to be converted...I've got to find a way for him to see the light....anyone have any ideas?
    Jack is probably close to being as old as her father. That just seems wierd to me. Every time Sam starts to spout technobabble Jack stops her, Daniel doesn't. Sam would never be able to explain what neat things she did at work because he would almost always stop her. Then if these ideas don't work just show him Meridian and Fallen. Hopefully if these don't convert him it might put a doupt in his mind.
    Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

So true. She and Jack are just too different. I know people say opposites attract, but I don't think that's true here. I guess it's not so much that she and Jack are opposites, I mean they are both military. But it's almost like Sam has an interest that Jack just can't appreciate, maybe not even tolerate. Daniel does appreciate what she does. He's patient and he listens to her without zoning out like Jack does and he doesn't interrupt to get her to shut up or anything.

Back to the worries of Daniel/Vala, I'm wondering if RDA makes any guest appearances this season, if they will try to rehash Sam/Jack so that Daniel/Vala can be consummated or whatever. I think they'd be really stupid to do that. Although, if it's just guest appearances and nothing happens where Jack decides to move back to Colorado, I guess there will be less of a chance for them to get back into S/J.

I just hope they don't make a Daniel/Vala ship ingrained in the plot this season or I am so gone. I'll get my Stargate (and S/D) fix through repeats and fanfiction.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
        Um...well I guess I could try! I'm just not on it very often during the week - work usually has me swamped - so I'm thinking I'd have to go back 100 posts to get to someone's reply to me, lol

Good girl, knew you could do it, lol. You've been keeping up pretty well over in the thunk thread since you started to check it out. It's great to see you there.

And don't worry about daniel/Vala. In my opinion, they'll probably just do a making them better friends instead of annoying each other hafl to death, not get shippy. At least I hope so, but also I'm not so adamant against it. I don't guess I'd mind....

How come you're so against it?

When billions vanish, including one of SG-1's own, the team looks for answers. What they find changes their lives forever, and throws them into the battle of the ages. What happens when SG-1 stands in the way of the most evil enemy they will ever face?
        Read "Left Behind: SG-1" for excitement like never before in Stargate fanfiction!
        Left Behind: SG-1
        The rest of my fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/~startrekfreak

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianGateFan
          Good girl, knew you could do it, lol. You've been keeping up pretty well over in the thunk thread since you started to check it out. It's great to see you there.

And don't worry about daniel/Vala. In my opinion, they'll probably just do a making them better friends instead of annoying each other hafl to death, not get shippy. At least I hope so, but also I'm not so adamant against it. I don't guess I'd mind....

It's definitely too early for a romantic relationship between Daniel and Vala, but these two are just made for each other, so I hope by the end of let's say season 12 to see them really together

Comment

Yeah, later is better, but eventually is definite!

When billions vanish, including one of SG-1's own, the team looks for answers. What they find changes their lives forever, and throws them into the battle of the ages. What happens when SG-1 stands in the way of the most evil enemy they will ever face?
            Read "Left Behind: SG-1" for excitement like never before in Stargate fanfiction!

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter
              I have a little situation...I was talking to my boyfriend the other day and he is totally against the Sam/Daniel ship...he thinks it should be Sam/Jack just because of the other realities...he won't listen to me when I try to justify the S/D ship...lol...he has to be converted...I've got to find a way for him to see the light....anyone have any ideas?
              Don't worry, Sam and Jack won't get together.

Comment

I hope Sam/Jack do get together.IMO Sam/Daniel have always been more Brother and Sister.TPTB have pushed the Sam/Jack Ship for the longest time.IMO it would not make sense to stop the Sam/Jack Ship after all this Time.Good Luck to all the Ship Fans.One thing is certain.TPTB will continue to upset all Shippers.

Comment

More S/D pictures...

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s4/4...x03%5F492.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s7/7...x21%5F287.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s4/4...02%5F0053.html

Comment

Nice pics, thanks.

Comment

Well here's more then...

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s4/4...12%5F0310.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...ON%5F0112.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...ME%5F1138.html

Comment

Lovin' these two-ers, MasterPower.

Just sayin', nice!
                        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                        sigpic
                        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Hey all, I was perusing the "Fallen" transcript to seek out shippy scenes (I actually have yet to see that ep) and found some interesting stuff. The scene has been mentioned here before, but I think it's well worth looking at again. First I think it shows how much Sam cares for Daniel. This scene clearly indicates her respect and love (romantic or no) for Jackson:

Transcript
                          Spoiler:
                          JACKSON: "What if I don't like who I was? What if I don't want to be that person? What if I don't have it in me to make up for something I've done wrong?"

CARTER: "I have to admit, that never occurred to me. Look, we all thought we'd lost you at one point. It was one of the hardest things I have ever been through. You were...you are...brilliant. One of the most caring, passionate...you're the type of person who would give his own life for someone he doesn't even know."

JACKSON: "Well, that doesn't sound so bad."

CARTER: "If you had one fault, it was that you wanted to save people so badly, y-you wanted to help people so much, that it tore you apart when you couldn't make a difference."

JACKSON: "That actually sounds kind of hard to live up to."

CARTER: "All I know is that if I were you, I would definitely want to get to know me...you."

JACKSON: "I get it."

Sam was opening up--saying things she would likely never have told Daniel. It also seems obvious to me that she held back a bit.

Then later on Daniel asks Sam if they had ever been an item. Her response was very telling to me:

Spoiler:
                          She gets up to leave.

JACKSON: "Samantha Carter?"

Sam stops at the tent entrance and turns back to Daniel.

CARTER: "Yeah?"

JACKSON: "Was there ever anything...between us?"

CARTER: "Us, uh...no, no, not in that way. We - we were really, really good friends."

JACKSON (shaking his head): "Okay."

Now, there are a couple ways to take that exchange. First, we could assume Sam was being completely straightforward and meant the two were never anything more than friends. My bro's theory is worth mentioning here. He thinks Sam definitely had feelings for Daniel, but she didn't want to hurt him by saying it wouldn't work out--a conclusion my bro thinks Sam would have come to. Or, finally, she does have feelings and never thought about it until then. Either way, it explains the minor hesitation in her repsonse.

Now from the Daniel side; I doun it interesting that he asked that question at all. We are told early that he has no memory of his previous life. However, he admits to Teal'c that some memories have returned such as the memory of his wife. Daniel comments that "I must have really loved her". Now to me that suggests that Daniel must have had some strong feelings for Sam if he felt it necessary to ask about them. i.e. his memory of their relationship was that strong--and confusing--to warrant the question. Or Daniel believed there was something between them because of Sam's heartfelt emotional outpoouring moments before. Clearly he picked up on something whether it be from a strong memory, or Sam's emotions.

Critically speaking, the writers, in my opinion, wanted the audience to see something there. There was no need to have such a line otherwise. I have a feeling TPTB won't completely drop these tensions in S10 or future seasons.

Later all,
                          Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianGateFan

Thanks! Work has had me so exhausted lately it's been hard for me to stay online very much, especially at night, lol.

To be honest I guess I'm against it because I just think he and Vala are much too different. I know that people say that opposites attract, but I really don't think so in this case. Vala is a pretty dishonest person and even if they do soften her quite a bit, she'll always be that way to me. Daniel has such a strong moral compass and I think he would be totally naive to completely trust her to the point of getting into a romantic relationship with her.

Besides that, I don't like seeing ANY ship onscreen. TPTB have proven that they can't handle it with all the S/J stuff, so even if they try Daniel/Vala, I think they're bound to ruin it. I am a S/D shipper, but I know we're never going to see it come to be onscreen, so I have fanfiction and the little friendship moments that we sometimes see to keep me happy.

I'm just worried that if Vala is permanently attached to Daniel, we won't see any interaction at all between him and Sam. Just because Vala wants him all to himself doesn't mean that he should abandon his friendships with Sam and Teal'c. From the spoilers I've read it seems that Daniel will be off alone with Vala somewhere while Sam, Teal'c, and Mitchell are somewhere else in a few eps. I hope it won't be like this for the whole season. I want some scenes to remind us that Sam and Daniel are still friends. I doubt that TPTB will give us that, though.

Sorry for the rant here, but people are being pretty pessimistic about it on another forum and I think it's starting to rub off on me!

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                              It's definitely too early for a romantic relationship between Daniel and Vala, but these two are just made for each other, so I hope by the end of let's say season 12 to see them really together
                              Hey come on now, this is the Sam/Daniel ship thread!

Comment

I agree that Daniel and Vala should not spend too much time together in S10 alone. That would be detrimental to team interaction overall, not just the Sam/Daniel ship.

Great Sig by Bella

Comment

Working...
                                X