Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPower
    So with that information, what can we say about Sam and Daniel's angsty scene?
    I am guessing that both or one of them is worried, uptight, and/or hesitent to do something or about something.

I might be grasping at straws here but that is what I get from it.

If anyone else has an idea feel free to post it.
    Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303

well what do we think of that then?

That is a nice pic. I realize it isn't really from the show per se, but if that doesn't prove this ship's potential I don't know what will!

I recently watched Moebius. There were some really cute moments like when Jack asked
      Spoiler:
      "are you a couple?"
      Subtext there, even if it was alternate universe.

Ihave to say I really did not like the whole Vala thing in "Prometheus Unbound". There was no denying the humor, but I think Sam and Daniel are so much better together.

Actually, the first couple times I watched SG-1 I htought Sam/Dan was the dominant ship because they were always so concerned for one another. Who knows what the future holds, but they belong together

Later,
      Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Very good points! Sam and Daniel are always the ones to be making sure that each other (and other members) are ok. I think it's the fact that from the first get go, both kind of were alienated because they were scientists. They are scientists first, and in Sam's case, military second. It's just another reason why Sam and Daniel got me.
        Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03
          Very good points! Sam and Daniel are always the ones to be making sure that each other (and other members) are ok. I think it's the fact that from the first get go, both kind of were alienated because they were scientists. They are scientists first, and in Sam's case, military second. It's just another reason why Sam and Daniel got me.
          I agree. Speaking of their concern for one another, I noticed in "New Order II" Daniel was the first to recognize Sam in the replicator transmission. On Sam's end, she showed a lot of concern for Daniel at the end of "Reckoning II". I can see they are close friends, but I have a feeling there could be room for more. I'm interested in "angsty" scene we've heard about for S10. Can't wait for July!

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
            I'm interested in "angsty" scene we've heard about for S10. Can't wait for July!

Royal
            Or for the pictures. Hopefully we'll see them soon.

Comment

Originally posted by debbycake
              I am guessing that both or one of them is worried, uptight, and/or hesitent to do something or about something.

I might be grasping at straws here but that is what I get from it.

If anyone else has an idea feel free to post it.
              That sounds about right to me. I know some fanfic writers like to group "angst" in with "hurt/comfort" - I guess because the two genres (or whatever you want to call them) compliment each other. That said, it could be that Sam and/or Daniel are depressed or very worried about something. Wouldn't it be nice if Daniel was doing the worrying that Sam could offer him comfort, or the other way around?

Whatever it is, I hope it's not something like in that scene in Thor's Hammer where they were arguing a bit when Sam doubted that Kendra would be able to help them (and thus help Daniel rid Sha're of the goa'uld). I guess that wouldn't be classified as angst though, would it? Any opinions?

Comment

Ihave to say I really did not like the whole Vala thing in "Prometheus Unbound". There was no denying the humor, but I think Sam and Daniel are so much better together.

Actually, the first couple times I watched SG-1 I htought Sam/Dan was the dominant ship because they were always so concerned for one another. Who knows what the future holds, but they belong together
                *sigh* So true!!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Daniel and Vala. There definitely is some humor there but I think those two are just too different. Daniel seems more at ease when he's with Sam...they just share so much in common. I'm a bit worried about Season 10 and hope that they don't try to stick Vala with Daniel wherever he goes or whatever he does.

Can't wait to see S10 - and here's hoping we get some more Arthur's-Mantle-ish scenes!

Comment

Or for the pictures. Hopefully we'll see them soon.
                  Oh, really hope so!! I wonder when we'll start seeing new photos (even if they're just cast photos) or even promos? I remember SciFi started the "meet the new team" promos for S9 right around this time last year.

Comment

Great caps. Can anyone explain what's going on in that scene? It looks quite interesting--unfortunately haven't had a chance to see that ep yet.

Thanks,
                    Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

This is the first time I've been on this forum...I was very excited to see this thread! I didn't realize there were so many Sam/Daniel shippers....I started out all for Sam/Jack then I started reading some Sam/Daniel fics and I was hooked. Sam and Daniel are definately a better match...they are so much alike...and they really do make a cute couple...I actually posted a Sam/Daniel fic at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2789757/1/ if anyone wants to read it...too bad they're only together in my world...

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter
                        This is the first time I've been on this forum...I was very excited to see this thread! I didn't realize there were so many Sam/Daniel shippers....I started out all for Sam/Jack then I started reading some Sam/Daniel fics and I was hooked. Sam and Daniel are definately a better match...they are so much alike...and they really do make a cute couple...I actually posted a Sam/Daniel fic at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2789757/1/ if anyone wants to read it...too bad they're only together in my world...
                        Welcome to thread Col. I hope you enjoy it here!

They are together in My world as well!

Last edited by debbycake; 07 March 2006, 04:02 AM.
                        Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                          Wouldn't it be nice if Daniel was doing the worrying that Sam could offer him comfort, or the other way around?

Whatever it is, I hope it's not something like in that scene in Thor's Hammer where they were arguing a bit when Sam doubted that Kendra would be able to help them (and thus help Daniel rid Sha're of the goa'uld). I guess that wouldn't be classified as angst though, would it? Any opinions?
                          It would be GREAT if Sam or Daniel needs comfort and it comes from the other. (I hope that made since)

I don't think the arguing would be under the heading 'angst'. It maybe under Anger but not angst.
                          Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Great caps. Can anyone explain what's going on in that scene? It looks quite interesting--unfortunately haven't had a chance to see that ep yet.

Thanks,
                            Royal
                            Their stuck in an alternate dimension and can't be seen by anyone else. Daniel is trying to find a way for them to get out.

Comment

Their stuck in an alternate dimension and can't be seen by anyone else. Daniel is trying to find a way for them to get out.
                              Thanks for the info. I have another question--have any vids been made for this ship?

Thanks,
                              Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X