This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lone Gunmen

Ok, I know that technically the Lone Gunmen weren't quite as scifi as the X-files, but what the heck.

Anyone else as excited as me that the series is FINALLY coming out on DVD??

It was only a half-season replacement, but I felt that this show had real potential, and quite frankly, I found it way more enjoyable than the X-files at the time.

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
    ---------------------------------------------
    Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Originally posted by Tracker
    Ok, I know that technically the Lone Gunmen weren't quite as scifi as the X-files, but what the heck.

Anyone else as excited as me that the series is FINALLY coming out on DVD??

It was only a half-season replacement, but I felt that this show had real potential, and quite frankly, I found it way more enjoyable than the X-files at the time.
    Hell, yes, it was a great show. I love Frohicke; he was so cool.

Comment

The Gunmen were among my favorite characters on XF, but I was leery of the spinoff. IMO, they weren't strong enough to have a show of their own- it'd be like having a series based on Felger and Coombs- and also because I didn't like the idea of Carter being in charge when the characters were created by Morgan & Wong.

I tried to watch the spinoff. I tried to give it a fair shot, but I had to struggle to get through the first ep and spent most of my time feeling embarrassed for the actors being forced to do such ridiculous, overly self-parodying things which were turning them all into utter buffoons instead of the intelligent comic relief characters they'd been on XF.

I'm mildly surprised that anyone is bothering with a DVD, but I guess maybe Carter still has sway in Hollywood after all. Oh well.

I'll stick with the classic Gunmen, the REAL Gunmen, not the self-gratifying stupidity seen in the spinoff.

Just my opinion, of course.

Comment

Are they actually putting it on DVD? After 9/11, I thought it'd never see the light of day again.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I liked the new character they added to the show, Jimmy. I thought he was cool. I also liked Eve Harlowe. I thought the show was fun, but it was doomed to fail from the start.

Comment

Just for fun....

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
            Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

Working...
            X