This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Origin and Tech-Spoilers for seasons one and two

We see in season one that the Wraith are thought to evolve from the bug creature and humans.
    What if the ancients created them?
    That would explain their language being a derivitve of ancient and how come their darts have the remote dial gate tech, as well as the guy in 'The Defient One' managing to rewire a puddlejumper so easily.
    would also explain how come they don't fit the definition of the enemy the Ancients encountered.
    From the hologram woman, it states fairly clearly that the ancients awoke an enemy with equal tech.
    Now, they ancients had time to seed the galaxy with life and stargate and build what appeared to be a functional society.
    I think that the ancients awoke their enemy and created the wraith to fight them.
    The wraith slipped the leash and attacked the ancients, who bolted back to good old Earth.
    Season 2 spoiler

I think these enemies are the ones who took and changed Ford, I think they plan to use humans to kill off the Wraith and take back Pegasus.
    thoughs??

Pretty good theory actualy apart from
    Originally posted by Lightsabre
    That would explain their language being a derivitve of ancient and how come their darts have the remote dial gate tech, as well as the guy in 'The Defient One' managing to rewire a puddlejumper so easily.
    As the Puddle Jumpers dont really have wires it would make him a super dooper genius to make and add wires from sand (that is a joke comment as some people dont get the difference between sarcasm and real comments )
    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

I think the prevaling theory was that some rogue Ancient scientist created the Wraith. He was killed by the Wraith and his knowledge was probed. (well.. the other way around).

The Ancients awoken this enemy after their 1st culling. But their numbers were too many to do any damage to the Wraith.

Interesting theory though, but I doubt the Ancients would have created the Wraith to battle their enemy. It just seems, too two-steppish.

Comment

I think thats a very good theory. But where has the evil that the Ancients awakened gone to? Probably on the other side of Pegasus is my guess.

My Deviantart|Seeing is Beleivging|Carpe Noctem|Atlantean Wars

Comment

Originally posted by SG_Gundam
          I think thats a very good theory. But where has the evil that the Ancients awakened gone to? Probably on the other side of Pegasus is my guess.
          Well, it was sleeping.
          Perhaps, it saw the Ancients vanquished and decided to go into hiding to marshal it's strength the defeat the Wraith.
          The wraith just don't meausre up to the definition of the enemy.
          'We awoke...'.
          Now we know that the wraith were created by some form of bug creature/human fusion.
          There were no humans before the Ancients rocked up, so how could the wraith have existed pre-ancient??
          I think it's an interesting parellel to the goa'uld too.
          There is an SG-1 episiode where we see their origins, water-bound predators who took Unas as hosts.
          Here we see the wraith using the humans much as the goa;uld did, to evolve and then to dominate.

Comment

All the wraith would have to do is catch a few ancients and steal soe of their technology and make it their own...evidently they couldn't/didn't steal it all.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
              All the wraith would have to do is catch a few ancients and steal soe of their technology and make it their own...evidently they couldn't/didn't steal it all.
              But their tech isn't even remotely the same.
              Acient tech is most definately inorganic.
              Wrait tech is organic or semi-organic.

Comment

That theory's very interesting. I never considered that the Wraith were anything other than the main enemy of the Ancients and the hologram in "Rising" was just to peak interest as a pilot, but thinking about it, it adds a new depth. If there is a second more powerful and dormet race, they could easily be the race tht created the nanite virus in "Hot Zone" which would explain why the Ancients had a sample, to perhaps create an antidote.

But where the wraith come into the equation is hard to pin-point. If the wraith were the second race to attack the ancients, then surely in "before i sleep" janus would've said something more to Weir, or the other ancients would say something, cryptic or explicit. Or they said very little to avoid doing more damage to the timeline. Either way, i'm intrigued.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

The origin of the Wratih is pretty much explained in "The Gift."

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                    The origin of the Wratih is pretty much explained in "The Gift."

Owen Macri
                    Yep. I don't know where people are coming up with the so-called theory that the ancients created the Wraith on purpose. Seems kind of counter productive to me.

The way Dr. Beckett explained it, it sounds more like the bugs existed on the planet when the ancients seeded it. Since we don't really understand the whole "seeding" process, it seems that the bugs co-evolved with the humans on that planet, eventually becoming the planets dominate predator. When the ancients returned to see the planets progress, they met the Wraith, and that's when the war between the two began.

The big problem with this explanation is that it doesn't explain the sudden leap in technology the Wraith possess. I mean, within a 100 years, they supposedly when from a non-space faring species on a single planet to a species that controls an entire galaxy. Seems a little far fetched to me, but I suppose it's possible.

They'll get into more detail about the Wraith in season 2. We just have a few months to wait until we know more.
                    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Where do you get the figure of one hundred years? Atlantis left Eath for Pegasus several million years ago, it would not have taken them long to get there, and they could have also speed up the evolutionary process, The wraith probably had millions of years to evolve.

Owen Macri

Comment

Where do you get the figure of one hundred years? Atlantis left Eath for Pegasus several million years ago, it would not have taken them long to get there, and they could have also speed up the evolutionary process, The wraith probably had millions of years to evolve.

Owen Macri
                        Tiny spoilers for 'The Siege, Part 2'

Spoiler:

Gateworld Transcript. 'The Siege, Part 2'. Sheppard and Everett are in the Holographic Library-Thing Room.

SHEPPARD: You wanted to see me, Colonel?

EVERETT: I was told I could learn a lot about the history of Atlantis in this room.

SHEPPARD: We haven't used it much because of the power requirements.

EVERETT: Still, I would like to see for myself how the Ancients lost the first time -- to try to avoid their mistakes.

SHEPPARD: Yes, sir. We could do that. (He walks over to the control console and activates it. The doors to the room close, the lights go out and a three dimensional map of the galaxy appears above their heads, showing hundreds of blue stars.) This is the status of the Pegasus galaxy before the Ancients encountered the Wraith. The blue stars represent systems either inhabited by or protected by the Ancients. Then ... (he presses something on the console and all the stars turn red) this is how it looked after they fought for almost a hundred years.

EVERETT: Until Atlantis was all that was left.

SHEPPARD: Yes, sir. That's when the siege began. (The map homes in on the solar system of the planet on which Atlantis is based.) For several more years, the Atlanteans were able to hold off their attackers, relying on the city's shield and superior weaponry, including the weapons satellite system. No matter how many Wraith ships they destroyed, more kept coming here. They could win almost every battle but they saw no way to win the war, so they submerged the city and left. (He deactivates the display and the lights come back on.) That's it. That's the story -- but the picture is pretty clear.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ya, I know that they fought for 100 years and all that stuff, but they would have had several million years to evolve. Not to metion that the Wraith technology is fairly primitive, compared to ancient technology, from what we know. Also lot's of thier technology could be derived from ancient technology. Or their is another possibility that another race gave the Wraith some technology, they combined that with the ancients, and have pretty much what they have now.

Owen Macri

Comment

Ya, I know that they fought for 100 years and all that stuff, but they would have had several million years to evolve. Not to metion that the Wraith technology is fairly primitive, compared to ancient technology, from what we know. Also lot's of thier technology could be derived from ancient technology. Or their is another possibility that another race gave the Wraith some technology, they combined that with the ancients, and have pretty much what they have now.

Owen Macri
                            Sorry. Read your post, but only skimmed the post above it.
                            sigpic

Comment

That's alright.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                              X