This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien Apocalypse

ive been seeing promos for this new scifi movie, and is it just me or does this movie look like its gonna rock? maybe its just because im a huge cambell fan, but i think this movie is gonna be really good.

Alien Apocalypse???

what's that all about?

Comment

Originally posted by shovar
      Alien Apocalypse???

what's that all about?
      its the new Sci Fi movie. bruce cambell is an astronaut, when his team returns from a mission they find earth has been enslaved by aliens. bruce cambell then procedes to kick alien ass in true bruce cambell style.

Comment

It's a classic B-movie, hopefully a "good" B movie (isn't that an oximoron). Most of sci-fi's B movies have been horrible, but this one looks like a "good" one that you can laugh at and it doesn't try to take itself seriously.

Comment

It's a classic B-movie, hopefully a "good" B movie
          Sci-Fi needs to start making some A-Movies/Shows, right now the only thing thats keeping them afloat is buying off other series. Battlestar is about the only half decent series that Sci-Fi actually produced originally (well sort of ).
          Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
            It's a classic B-movie, hopefully a "good" B movie (isn't that an oximoron). Most of sci-fi's B movies have been horrible, but this one looks like a "good" one that you can laugh at and it doesn't try to take itself seriously.
            see i love B sci fi movies! especially, like you said, ones that done take themselves seriously

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              see i love B sci fi movies! especially, like you said, ones that done take themselves seriously
              Let me edit it that last statement of mine:
              Most of SCI-FI Channel's B sci-fi movies have been horrible because they take themselves too seriously and they are just... bad.

However, this Sci-Fi Channel B sci-fi movie looks good becasue it doesn't seem to take itself seriously and is humerous that way. This one looks like a classic sci-fi B movie that I would like, not the typical Sci-Fi channel horror/gorey sci-fi movie where it's so ridiculous it's not even funny b/c they're trying to be too serious about it.

Comment

do we get a link?

Comment

Originally posted by KingofAquitaine
                  do we get a link?
                  link for what?

Comment

Here a website: Alien Apocalypse

Looks like a "B" movie since that site says it only took an 18 day schedule to shoot the movie (they finished in 17 and the studio took the money back for the 18th day back...lol). Interesting Josh Becker, the director wanted Lucy Lawless for the 2nd lead astronaut, but she turned down the role and Renee O'Connor got the part. But the movie might be ok *IF* the story and dialog is good or halfway decent.

Last edited by Sci-Fi; 15 March 2005, 12:27 PM.
                    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

normally i'd ignore this like all the other made for scifi drivel that they pimp on us....but come on....bruce campbell...i'm all over it!
                      Thanks!
                      Jordan

my page
                      My LJ
                      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

ok lets pretend that this has the possibility of being a good movie? Are you telling me that two people can overthrow an alien race that has taken over the earth? cause lets face it people, thats whats gonna end up happening , anyway im going to give a quick recap of this movie before I've seen it. Bruce Campbell gets back, terrifying aliens are everywhere the girl says something like "Are you crazy, taking on all the aliens?" and he replies in a very serious manner. They get into a few firefights, probaly get captured but make a heroic escape, detonate some weapon, boom the ship explodes, or the aliens die of a plague or something. Long story short, he gets the girl, is a hero, Bruce Campbell's career is dead, and the only people that will know why are us poor souls who decided to tune it for 2 hours on a saturday night.

Will I be watching--most likely not

Comment

oh wow. i mean i knew this would be bad but i didnt ever think...
                          this was one of the worst movies i have ever seen. the entire story with campbell going to meet the president must have been the exact script of Wizard of Oz and that girl with the brown hair that followed him was THE WORST ACTOR EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by defina91rvc
                            oh wow. i mean i knew this would be bad but i didnt ever think...
                            this was one of the worst movies i have ever seen. the entire story with campbell going to meet the president must have been the exact script of Wizard of Oz and that girl with the brown hair that followed him was THE WORST ACTOR EVER.
                            yeah i didnt have particularly high expectations for it, but with bruce campbell it should have at least been a fun movie to watch but i was just cringing the entire movie. definately one of his worst performances

Comment

My review of this movie can be found on the SciFi Channel Really Sucks thread.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X