Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how plausable is the science behind stargate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how plausable is the science behind stargate?

If anyone is uber smart and has the knowledge of how the real world physics would make any part of sg-1 possible with out any of the made up elements of sg1 could they explain it/ answer> - for example how would a stargate be made without naquada?, is it possible?, could we produce technology similar to sg1 tech without naquada?

basicly is anything on sg-1 or SGA plausable in the real world with out any of the made up elements of the show( the ancients, the goauld, naquada, trinium,); exclding of course the human weapons they use?
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

You can't make a stargate with the current elements in the periodic table.
    Naquadah is a special type of element which can withstand the gravity from the wormhole the stargate produces (or something like that)
    Naquadah is supposed to be an anti-gravity material, I'm not sure how that works, I don't even know what that means.
    The point is, we haven't discovered an element like Naquadah yet, we don't even know if it exists!

But some of the weapons we might be able to make with our current technology. I've heard some people(not sure who) have been working on a weapon similar to a Zat gun.

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

They try to remeain close to real stuff, but they do have to break a lot of them. Chemists cannot watch the show without a few comments.
      But i think most of the stuff is theoretically possible, just out of our current technological reach.
      I don't know about the sheilds and transporters, but most other things seam plausable to me.

A computer than can artificially create a wormhole to a recieving computer... sounds very scifi, but not that crazy.

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
      DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Has anyone wondered where Naquadah would be on the periodic table?
        I think it might be with the group F elements (bottom group) because if it was on the main table, then we would know it exists, and we would be able to predict its chemical properties, so it can't belong there
        What do you guys think?

sigpic

Comment

well theoretically teleportation is possible after all if is converting matter into energy and back again the most we have been able to do is transport a photon from one point to another I dont have the reference but were talking about a photon of light no a complex structure of matter to go off topic the food dispensers in star trek are possible after all you would be converting energy into matter which would be done by arranging things on a sub atomic scale, now im not a scientist but most of this is possible theoretically as to worm hole. in my opinion it is possible to create one but the technology and the amt of power that would be required is out of our reach and may be so for many generations, then again look at how far we have advanced in just the last 50 years....as for the weapons those are very possible if they have not been created as of yet by the military.
          This is my opinion and is based on my knowledge it would be nice if we could get someone that knew quantum physics and other stuff...

Comment

See this thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...hlight=science

Theres also a thread about a book about stargate science but i cant find it
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Stargate's not just got physics, its also got advanced biology. Like telepathy and telekenisis. These are possible, I'm sure. We humans just don't have the active gene for them.

sigpic

Comment

Heres that book

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=science+book
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                  Has anyone wondered where Naquadah would be on the periodic table?
                  I think it might be with the group F elements (bottom group) because if it was on the main table, then we would know it exists, and we would be able to predict its chemical properties, so it can't belong there
                  What do you guys think?
                  Y'know, it's funny. There's a thread about this here . Someone just posted a very interesting paper on the science of Stargate, too.
                  My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                  -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                  -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                  -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...184180-8091615

love Torri

Comment

Nasa is trying to make a stargate... It said so on their webby

Comment

Originally posted by The Ultimate Obsession
                        Nasa is trying to make a stargate... It said so on their webby

NASA's research and views.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...765#post386765

Servatis a periculum. Servatis a maleficum.

Comment

Is it just me or is this book supposed to be a rant?

I read the first chapter and it sounded as if they were making fun of Tealç staff weapon and Jack's brain as well as SG team's immunity to... I guess death. If so, it's not a book I'd buy, I would rather read something that sees the logic in it and dosn't make me reason

Servatis a periculum. Servatis a maleficum.

Comment

wow. i'm honored that you used my link. well, that's overdoing it a bit, but ok. i read the book within the first few days of getting it, and it is actually pretty interesting. there are essays on everything from all t he weapons used by the Sg-teams, to whether wormholes could actually be created at the push of a button, and what they;d need to do to work. if you haven't, you should read it.

and the first part about the staff weapon and teal'c to whom they refer as 'bald eagle' is just a funny little part off to the side. it gets more serious after that.
                            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=McKay's girl]You can't make a stargate with the current elements in the periodic table.QUOTE]

I distinctly remember Season fives ascension where orlin makes his own stargate from materials found just on earth!

Comment

Working...
                              X