PDA

View Full Version : McKay/Jonas Thread

shinyredpants
May 26th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Yes?

No?

any takers?

Relationship...in any way...slash, Platonic Friendship, hockey buddies...

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Well, if Jonas had spun off to Atlantis with McKay, I think there could have been great potential for SOME kind of buddy relationship. Although it'd probably be mostly on Jonas's part with McKay being all obnoxious and making Jonas try even harder to be nice...

shinyredpants
May 26th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Well, if Jonas had spun off to Atlantis with McKay, I think there could have been great potential for SOME kind of buddy relationship. Although it'd probably be mostly on Jonas's part with McKay being all obnoxious and making Jonas try even harder to be nice...
Jonas: I made you some chicken!
McKay: Oh well thank you! *takes a bite*
Jonas: I hope you like it, its lemon
McKay: *gags*

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Jonas: I made you some chicken!
McKay: Oh well thank you! *takes a bite*
Jonas: I hope you like it, its lemon
McKay: *gags*
You left out the part where Jonas mentions he got the food/recipe from Luke. ;) "He said you're dying to have some."

shinyredpants
May 26th, 2004, 07:23 PM
that scene was absolutely priceless where McKay asks if it had lemon in the chicken..

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Leave it to McKay to ask the stupid questions. ;)

Still, I think that as much as McKay would rebuff Jonas's attempts to be friends and would mock him whenever he could, he'd still value Jonas's presence. In that gruff, condescending, "I don't care, but secretly I do" kinda way. :)

Elwe Singollo
May 26th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I really don't care much for Mckay, but i care for Jonas, so blah, i don't know...

shinyredpants
May 26th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Leave it to McKay to ask the stupid questions. ;)

Still, I think that as much as McKay would rebuff Jonas's attempts to be friends and would mock him whenever he could, he'd still value Jonas's presence. In that gruff, condescending, "I don't care, but secretly I do" kinda way. :)
McKay: you little alien! rid me of your presence!

What he really means is "You know, if i wasnt the smartest person on this planet, then maybe i'd admit that i like you!"

shinyredpants
May 26th, 2004, 07:36 PM
I really don't care much for Mckay, but i care for Jonas, so blah, i don't know...
I think McKay would eventually warm up to him =)

Jonas is such a nice guy! he's always smiling!

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 07:36 PM
I think a lot of McKay's condescending attitude and general rudeness is just a ruse to cover up his own insecurities. Deep down he's a genuinely nice guy, but he's so used to being obnoxious that it's hard for him to stop. Carter's injuries in Redemption shook him out of it... briefly... and we got a glimpse of something closer to the "real" McKay before his camoflage reasserted itself.

He'd be snarky to Jonas, but if anything ever happened to him, McKay would try extra hard to help and would show genuine concern. At least until he was sure the "little alien guy" was OK, then it'd be back to the old McKay. :D

Elwe Singollo
May 26th, 2004, 07:42 PM
I think a lot of McKay's condescending attitude and general rudeness is just a ruse to cover up his own insecurities. Deep down he's a genuinely nice guy, but he's so used to being obnoxious that it's hard for him to stop.I thought that samething! But yah, even though, he is annoying me, maybe when i watch Atlantis he won't annoy me so much.

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 07:44 PM
I thought that samething! But yah, even though, he is annoying me, maybe when i watch Atlantis he won't annoy me so much.
IF TPTB bother to develop him the way that he should be developed, McKay could be a great multi-faceted character.

Of course, we all know TPTB's track record of late...

shinyredpants
May 26th, 2004, 07:49 PM
I agree with you actually. I joke about McKay being a jerk, but he's a good guy inside. You know he wants to make a difference but he's so afraid of screwing up it comes off the wrong way. I think its a way for him to shrug off his own mistakes in front of others while inside he's really hurting.

Also i think he comes off as rude when someone suggests an idea *IE when he called sam a whack job or whatever it was* not because he's jealous of them coming up with it first, but because he felt he failed himself for not being able to come up with the idea in the first place *like you said, we saw that when he called sam an artist*

Elwe Singollo
May 26th, 2004, 07:49 PM
... He'll become an annoying biatch ... i don't want that, i want to enjoy characters! Even the evil ones!

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I just hope he's allowed to get out from under Carter's shadow and actually do some good once in a while. Let him be right! Let him be competent! Let him not be the condescending screwup that everyone wants to shove through the first incoming wormhole! Let McKay be McKay and not the jerk brought in to make Sam look good!

Of course, with Sam being the way she's been this past season, it wouldn't be difficult for McKay to be better. :P

I just hope they don't wind up with McKay pining after one of his teammates and acting like a moopy little girly girl about it. ;)

Elwe Singollo
May 26th, 2004, 07:58 PM
In my very very personal opinion, he'll never be better than Carter's character, but thats just me :) ... and oh yah, nevermind, my Drpepper agrees with me as well :)

shinyredpants
May 26th, 2004, 07:59 PM
no pining! McKay cant do any pining except for uh...uh...

I dont know, who knows he'll probably end up with some alien chick!

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Yeah, well, we'll see. Carter may be a lovely and very pretty person, but the shallow in me would rather watch McKay. :D

Plus, McKay still has EDGE. Carter has been deprived of that. :P

Jonas
May 26th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Id rather see Jonas/Daniel then Jonas/McKay.

Elwe Singollo
May 26th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Amen to that! I also rather see Daniel/Jonas than Mckay/Jonas.

ShadowMaat
May 27th, 2004, 03:29 AM
I don't like any pairing for the purposes of slash, but for friendship or general occupying of space in the same scenes, Daniel/Jonas is right up there. ;) However, since the phrase "cold day in Netu" keeps running through my head , I try not to have much hope about ever seeing them together again. Of course, having Jonas play off McKay is just as unlikely- especially since it's written by the same biased people as SG-1- but at least on Atlantis Jonas wouldn't be stealing the spotlight from either of the "cult heroes".

Elwe Singollo
May 27th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Oh gosh, i dont' want know SLASH ships! I just want some Daniel/Jonas friendship development, something something... Well if Jonas did go to Atlantis, i would probably be more 'eager' to watch the show.

ShadowMaat
May 27th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Oh gosh, i dont' want know SLASH ships! I just want some Daniel/Jonas friendship development, something something...
In that case, yes, I agree. ;) I think they had terrific chemistry in Fallen/Homecoming and despite TPTB comments about them being "too similar" I think those eps proved that having them together could work. They aren't the same and I think it would have been fascinating to explore the ways in which they were different. It'd be funny to see Daniel clash with someone who would probably be spouting the same sorts of arguments HE spouted early on in the series and for him to have a bit of "competition" in the sociopolitical geek field. ;)

Jonas and McKay might not be AS good, but I still think it'd have a lot of potential and it definitely WOULD be a reason to tune in. ;)

Elwe Singollo
May 27th, 2004, 06:58 PM
I dont know, maybe the disinterest in Mckay is preventing me from 'wanting' to watch Stargate: Atlantis. But i'll probably end up watching it anyway, even if i don't like the show, haha... I also would like to see some friendly compeition between Jonas and Daniel, that would be so fun.

shinyredpants
May 29th, 2004, 10:00 AM
slash relationships really are not my cup of tea...

i do admit though. Daniel and Jonas would have gotten long really really well if given the chance..

Elwe Singollo
May 29th, 2004, 01:47 PM
A chance... (Prays)

Nolamom
May 30th, 2004, 06:28 PM
i do admit though. Daniel and Jonas would have gotten long really really well if given the chance..

I just wish TPTB (not The Primates That Brachiate) would recognize and capitalize on the possibilities between Daniel and Jonas. We could have whole new levels of geekdom!
Nmom

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 06:34 PM
I just wish TPTB (not The Primates That Brachiate) would recognize and capitalize on the possibilities between Daniel and Jonas. We could have whole new levels of geekdom!
Viva la geeks! :D

Unfortunately, you can't expect much thinking out of monkeys. Their only concerns are food & sex. Not necessarily in that order. Or not ALWAYS in that order, anyway... And we won't mention combinations of the two...

Elwe Singollo
May 30th, 2004, 06:48 PM
"Food&Sex", hahah :) In the 7th season lowdown on scifi, the sound man who produces the music for Stargate seemed passionate about his work, now why can't the other crew be like that!?:(

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 06:55 PM
"Food&Sex", hahah :) In the 7th season lowdown on scifi, the sound man who produces the music for Stargate seemed passionate about his work, now why can't the other crew be like that!?:(
Because they don't care? Should think that was obvious. ;)

Elwe Singollo
May 30th, 2004, 06:58 PM
I have a sickness, the sickness where i can't see the obvious :), but at least i know there is at least one part of the show that is carefully done, the music :) haha, although it was overrun by sound effects sometimes.

Pharaoh Atem
February 19th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Yes?

No?

any takers?

Relationship...in any way...slash, Platonic Friendship, hockey buddies...
there would make a good team on atlantis once there stop fighting and rodney gets over the fact that he is a alien