This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 10?

Will there be a Stargate SG-1 Season 10 if the characters were willing to do it? Do you think they will be? I guess with a new enemy we could possibly go on for a while, I just hope if they do the writers will know a little in advance so they won't have to wrap everything up at the end of season 9.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Spimman
    Will there be a Stargate SG-1 Season 10 if the characters were willing to do it? Do you think they will be? I guess with a new enemy we could possibly go on for a while, I just hope if they do the writers will know a little in advance so they won't have to wrap everything up at the end of season 9.
    well thats the real problem and its what has been keeping the show from being really stellar. the decision for whether there is going to be another season isnt being made until the season is finished filming and nothing can be changed. the writers have to write each season as though it is the last and wrap up the major arcs by the end of the season. if Sci Fi would just give them even a minimal two season commitment, then the writers would be able to do amazing things. thats why the first five season were so good, because the writers knew they had that many seasons to work with and the story arcs could be long and cover multiple seasons. this season by season crap is killing the show.

Comment

I think it entirely depends on how S9 turns out. I haven't even seen S8 yet (bar a couple of eps) but the impression I get is that it's not too good. I'm apprehensive about S9, I think the best way is to treat it as almost an entirely new show. It's taking a completely new direction, with new major characters. If it turns out well, then by all means carry on! Otherwise, it's kinda like flogging a dead horse, to use the well known saying!
      Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

let the show go on! I think we'll need at least 2 seasons to properly get to know any new characters.
        THe overly excited American in Scotland

Comment

I agree with spg_1983 that Scifi should at least purchase 2 seasons at a time. It hurts the story when writers don't know if this season is the last. I think there will be a season 10, I don't see the ratings falling off much if at all. Stargate is not as great as it once was, but it's still far better than any other Scifi show out there.
          Spoiler:
          Life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
            well thats the real problem and its what has been keeping the show from being really stellar. the decision for whether there is going to be another season isnt being made until the season is finished filming and nothing can be changed. the writers have to write each season as though it is the last and wrap up the major arcs by the end of the season. if Sci Fi would just give them even a minimal two season commitment, then the writers would be able to do amazing things. thats why the first five season were so good, because the writers knew they had that many seasons to work with and the story arcs could be long and cover multiple seasons. this season by season crap is killing the show.
            They will never learn!
            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

As long as their fans stargate will exist in one form or another whether it be atlantis or sg1 [as long as its not infinity]
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

It depends on how good S9 is and SciFi. And i don't think SciFi will ever buy 2 seasons at a time unfortunatly. Now with Alantis and Battlestar i think the are going to stick with the 1 season at a time deal. Which is stupid. Which will also hurt Alantis. Alantis wont be able to get into a great show if they don't know where their future is headed.

Comment

Working...
                X