This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official threads?

Why do we have threads which claim to be official? Such as the Official Battlestar Galactica thread and the Official Episode III thread? I would assume Official to be assosciated with a company. Like the official X-Files Companion book is endorsed by Fox. Or the official SG-1 companion books are endoresed by MGM. What's official about a thread on gateworld forums? Would it not be better to call them, "The Main Gateworld BSG thread"? Add's a bit more Gateworldiness to it.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
    from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

It's not so much 'official' in a legal sense, I think the point is just to get posts of the given topic consolidated into one place.
    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
    Daniel: Oh! You see?
    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

It's an expression. Isn't it?
      sigpic

Comment

It just to keep the number of redundant threads down.

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Can't we call it "The 'Great Gateworld' Thread for...[insert fandom title]"?

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
          from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

no, it'll probably confuse everyone!

Comment

The threads' starters get to choose the title, and unless they're spoiley or so mis-spelled that they wouldn't be picked up by the Search feature the mods tend not to change them.

Nothing in those threads is 'official' in the technical sense, but they've both stayed alive for months and been the first point of call for BSG and SW6 posters, and that keeps the clutter down.

Keeping the clutter down is very good for moderators' blood pressure, not to mention our inbox capacities (helpful as it is to get a message from a nice GWer or two pointing out mergeable threads we'd rather it was never necessary). So I think we're running on the If It Aint Broke principle.

Madeleine

Comment

Works for me, I made one for Doctor Who, although I didn't feel important enough to call it official.

Just helps to keep the clutter down, and I wanted to see what everyones thoughts were on it, so killed two things with one thing there.

Comment

Working...
                X