X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was not a good episode,not bad also but yeah the beginning eh
    Lord Zedd

Comment

I didn't like the episode also _Anubis.It was boring but cool effects.What do you mean with the beginning?
      your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

Sweet! Sad! Pretty darn good!

What was good:

a. The crystals. Do ya 'spose they were plastic or what? My grow-you-own-crystal kits NEVER do that well...curses.

b. Great plot line--the talking crystals were certainly a shock. Pity we've never revisited them. Grrr.

c. Charlie! That kid was cute!

d. Sara. I was forcing my cousin to go through the Season I set with me, Sara pops up onscreen, and the first thing he says is, "wow, is that Sam?!" Hint, hint.

e. Teal'c. It's kinda sad when T turns on the TV set to the riot god-knows-where and your dad gets misty-eyed and says, "Hey!--I was there. Oh, for the good old days..." Try, Oh, for crying out loud...!

f. Was that really AT's voice in the talking-crystal scene? It sounds like hers run through some sort of sythesizer.

g. Jack throwing the pillow at the camera. I've always wanted to do that.

What wasn't so good:

a. Let's face it...the ep was sweet but mildly boring.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
          What wasn't so good:

a. Let's face it...the ep was sweet but mildly boring.
          I agree. A bit of an up and down episode, OK, but only just.
          sigpic

Comment

I LOVE this episode

I think in this episode (particulary the flashbacks) we got to see a bit of the real Jack O'Neill - a happy family manwith a wife and child. I think he's now playing about with a facade, pretending to be stupid.

I wish TPTB would revisit the Charlie storyling. I think that Jack has healed a lot since Charlie's death, but I still think he has some issues there, and always will have. It seems to have been forgotten too easily.

The crystals were also fun. I'd show one a piccy of Jack and grow my own Jack clone with no THD!!! (don't ask!)
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              I wish TPTB would revisit the Charlie storyling. I think that Jack has healed a lot since Charlie's death, but I still think he has some issues there, and always will have. It seems to have been forgotten too easily.
              It seems to me like they're always revisiting the Charlie storyline. Jack has a tendancy to project his desire to see his son again on every young moppet that passes through the stargate (see Show and Tell, Learning Curve, any Skaara episode). He's had a whole movie to get over his suicidal tendancies and another full episode to work things out with his ex-wife. I'd like to think that this is one personal demon Jack has left behind.

Totally agree with you about Dumb Jack, though. He doesn't have to understand everything Carter talks about, but the least he could do is act *normal* as he does for the length of this episode.

Other great things about this episode:
              • Yellow sand planet! The blue on yellow contrast gave the offworld scenes a truly otherworldly feel.
              • Teal'c ventures off base (without wearing a novelty hat).
              • Movie references galore.
              • A cool and unusual alien.
              • Great acting by RDA.
              • Supurb SFX work (Jack/Charlie morph, energy bolts, etc.)
              END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                It seems to me like they're always revisiting the Charlie storyline. Jack has a tendancy to project his desire to see his son again on every young moppet that passes through the stargate (see Show and Tell, Learning Curve, any Skaara episode). He's had a whole movie to get over his suicidal tendancies and another full episode to work things out with his ex-wife. I'd like to think that this is one personal demon Jack has left behind.

Totally agree with you about Dumb Jack, though. He doesn't have to understand everything Carter talks about, but the least he could do is act *normal* as he does for the length of this episode.

Other great things about this episode:
                • Yellow sand planet! The blue on yellow contrast gave the offworld scenes a truly otherworldly feel.
                • Teal'c ventures off base (without wearing a novelty hat).
                • Movie references galore.
                • A cool and unusual alien.
                • Great acting by RDA.
                • Supurb SFX work (Jack/Charlie morph, energy bolts, etc.)
                Completely agree, except the Charlie issue. That's just my opinion though !

Awesome episode - no argument from me!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode too. Sometimes you get tired of just seeing humans on other planets. Well, I'd say that these blue crystals are definitely non-humanoid (at least until you touch them)

I don't know about the yellow playsand, though. It kind of gave it a Star Trek original series feel in my opinion. It just didn't look quite right.

Teal'c gets his first glimpse of Earth in the show, we get to see how Charlie's incident happened, and we see some great acting by RDA. Very, very good.
                  Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                    I agree. A bit of an up and down episode, OK, but only just.
                    And in any case, there've been worse ones. Grr.

Comment

The crystals were kind of a cool idea & I found some of the scenes quite touching.

Comment

Good episode, it was good showing Jack happy and with his family. Crystals were cool

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
                          Good episode, it was good showing Jack happy and with his family. Crystals were cool
                          yeah but I wonder what about Sara she saw 2 Jack's and Charlie and knows about the stargate !!
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                            I don't know about the yellow playsand, though. It kind of gave it a Star Trek original series feel in my opinion. It just didn't look quite right.
                            You say Star Trek like it's a bad thing...!

Comment

With Kirk, without a doubt. Can't stand nothin' of his series but the Trouble with Tribbles.
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Doing my best to bite my tongue...

Comment

Working...
                                X