Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpgiffin
    Though if i remember correctly, we see a shot of a Jaffa in the control room dialing out, using the dialing computer. I could be wrong, but i think i recall that happening. I'll check, and if its there, i'll capture it and post a pic of it.
    I doupt that they could have gotten into the control room, or dialed out from there. The computer would have been off-line for starters, and it is not like our computer dialing program resembles anything like the DHD.

Though I do remember him pressing something on his hand like one of the ring transporters, pehaps a remote dialing device could have been used. If a ring transporter can be incorporated into a ribbon devise, why not that.

Comment

I just sort of accept that it's a pilot and they're going to goof. The number of uniform mistakes in it alone is enough to make Baby Jesus cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        Ah, the ever present nudity question.

Yes, it was original. In later rebroadcast on other networks and channels that scene was edited out--as I believe it also was on the original VHS release of the episode.
        Yep, I can attest to that. I have both the DVD and VHS formats, and they are different in many ways, with scenes cut out all over the place on the VHS. It also has the scene showing the symbiote entering her neck removed, just a close up shot of Apophis, and the sounds.
        sigpic

Comment

Besides the nudity, I did love this episode. I miss Kuwalsky.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
            I know... That 'top' scene sure wasnt needed, they could have just shown the head up like they did with the first girl captured.
            Actually, you can see the nips of the air force chick through the thin dress she's wearing in Apophis' palace and on the very edge of the screen while Amonet is checking her out. Not that I look for that sort of thing…

Frankly, I would have preferred full frontal from BOTH chicks rather than neither.

Originally posted by SeaBee
            Yep, definately a plot hole. These often happen in early episodes of a lot of long running shows, before the creators develop the stories, and put in place certain laws that control the way things work in the later eps.
            At the very end of the Stargate feature, the team manages to dial up the gate without a DHD apparent. Apophis probably managed to do the same thing… somehow.

This episode is interesting to watch as a transition from the movie world of Stargate to the television world. RDA is far more subdued here than in the episode which immediately follows perhaps to lessen the difference between his own and Kurt Russell's portrayals.

The ship that attacks O'Neill and company is a mystery to me. It looks like a death glider but sports a ring transport thingy and enough cargo room to carry numerous passengers. We never saw that configuration after this episode, either. Despite hewing a little too close to the movie formula for my tastes, by the end of the pilot, and the great moment there between Daniel and Jack, I was hooked.
            END OF LINE

Comment

The ship that chases them is Snake Boy's personal Death Glider. It's a hot rod with all sorts of extra bits like a ring transporter added in.
              Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
              www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
              2 Cor 4:7

Comment

Well, I may be totally off, but I think I read this somwhere. Didn't they change the symbols on the computer keyboard to Star configurations so they could dial?

Of course, this is not taking into consideration the fact that has already been brought up that the computer was probably offline.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

yeah and i just noticed how different the stargate itself looks from th movie to the show. (didn't see the movie until I was watching S3)

Oh, and i'm glad that they did the show over the movie because of simple math.

*1 movie equals about 2 hours
                  *There are (going to be) 174 episodes of Stargate SG-1
                  *Each episode is about 42 minutes
                  *So in order to have as much content in the movies as SG-1 you would have to have about 61 movies!

(174 x 42 minutes each episode ((divided by)) 120 minutes (# of minutes in 2 hours)= 60.9

I DO have nothing better to do

Comment

I think that the only difference I noticed was that the cheverons didn't glow.
                    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

This was a good introduction to everyone's characters. Also, we learned what Daniel meant to the people of Abydos.

. . . and why he had to leave.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Geez, Children of the Gods, was rated R. That's one thing I hated about it.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
                        Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
                        "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
                        My deviantART profile

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
                          I think that the only difference I noticed was that the cheverons didn't glow.
                          I think that the designs around the 'gate itself was different...and I want to say that the rings were thicker, too, but don't hold me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
                            I honestly think this is the coolest series premiere of any show I've ever seen. !
                            Same here
                            Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                              I think that the designs around the 'gate itself was different...and I want to say that the rings were thicker, too, but don't hold me to it.

Also, the top chevron, split in 2, so you could see the symbol even when it was down.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                                Also, the top chevron, split in 2, so you could see the symbol even when it was down.
                                I got DVD volumes and from season 7 the boxset there you can see that it is still open
                                Lord Zedd

Comment

Working...
                                X