One nation under dog
    There of which I stand alone
    A face in the crowd
    Unsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

Comment

Haha, if you think it was needed, maybe it was needed, but i guess it showed that Apophis wants to see his new wife/host (or something) naked before he chooses Haha... What a shallow goa'uld!
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I really enjoyed COTG,and I don't care about any "Plot Holes".(For once ! )
        I've got it on VHS,but I want the missing scenes,so I'm set on upgrading to DVD,to see what I've missed .....not that I care one way, or the other about the "Nude" scene,but I'm just nosy about the other stuff !
        (Hubby will no doubt "check out" the rude bits,IMO. )
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

It's a bit of a shock if you aren't expecting it, I can tell you!
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

LOL !! At least I've been warned !
            To be honest,I'm more easily offended by Symbiotes coming out of their pouches, and "Yuck", than rude bits .
            Well,.......so far,at least!

Comment

It's not exactly 'eek', more just 'am I watching the right DVD? What the hell is happening?'
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Um,not sure I want the full version now ! Oh well,Hubby's all set on ordering the Season 1 DVD set, ASAP,(I wonder why ! ) so too late to reconsider,......Ho-Hum !

Comment

Season 1 DVD's are pretty cool
                  __

__

Comment

When i recently rewatched CoTG I found some bits that i couldn´t find a good explanation for. I´m new here so maybe/probably these have already been discussed on the forum, so I´m sorry if i repeat anything.
                    ok, the first thing. Every time in the episode if somebody from the SGC travelled through the gate, they all froze up. Carter explanied:
                    Quote: that´s the result of the compression your molecules undergo under a millisecond required for reconstitution.
                    I´m ok with the explanation, but that doesn´t explain why the freezing doesn´t occur in later episodes. Maybe that doesn´t happen if a person "gets used to" travelling through the gate? Does anyone have an explanation for that? And another thing i noticed. The weapons of SGC were so ineffective against the jaffa. They had to shoot at the jaffa so long before they would be taken down. In later episodes they shot at them much less and had the same effect. The armor of the jaffa looks same as in other episodes, except for the huge headgear(only Apophis´ on Heru-Ur´s jaffa wore those, right? I haven´t watched the first seasons for a while now, just started over from CoTG, so i don´t remember everything ), but does that give them a certain immunity against earthly weapons?
                    PS! My english isn´t the best so sorry for any mistakes

Comment

Hey there, and Welcome!

The whole "freezing" thing is a very common topic, there is at least one thread in the General Discussion area (too lazy to find it for you ).

However, in short, they explain it away by saying: accounting for stellar drift causes a smoother ride and thus no ice. It's metioned in "Red Sky". And I think it was mentioned in s1 but I forget what episode if it was.

*mumbles about needing to go back and re-watch the series again.*
                      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

well....ofcourse we know that the real rason for everything..is the budget and annoyance of prolonged shoting.
                        How can it be explained in SG world. Well may be SGC adapted their gate energy contorl so that there won't be any freezing, or it's may be the clothes they were. And the guns...well they just modified the bullets. And yea 'the head' do protect...but just the face....so all Jaffa get killed in the chest.

I am guessing right?

Comment

I like to watch this episode just to compare it to the recent episodes to see how far the series has come.

Comment

I like how this episode leads into the next with a cliffhanger... the goa'uld in Kalwasksy thing. They don't do they anymore.

Comment

There's a very good reason for that... Kawalski is dead

Comment

this episode is an oldie but goodie parts of rising reminded me of this ep no take me and what not...love the patch of hair think it does wonders for her figure....anyone who has the dvd knows what i mean :-P

Comment

Working...
                                X