Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis
    You are correct. That device gave the SGC a massive energy boost which allowed them to engage a seventh chevron and lock an eigth
    But it didn't dial the gate itself. If I recall correctly, Jack had left a program in the SGC computer to do the dialling.

Comment

Indeed. Jack done some work with the computers, done some drawings and built the device. Then he walked through the gate to the Asgard homeworld
      __

__

Comment

Just posted this on the Cor-Ai thread, but thought it fit better over here.

Frankly I find Teal'c's switch bothersome. I love Teal'c and I think his character is wonderful (especially when he gets a chance to speak! ), but his change just doesn't work for me. You said "people who were in a good position to combat the goa'uld." And for me that's the rub, they weren't in a good possition. They were in the crappiest possition they could be in. They were prisoners, and Teal'c had no clue how many there were, or how strong they were. To just up and take off with some nobody you just meet isn't the smartest idea, other then the fact that the script says it's the right thing to do.

"Many have said that... but you are the first I believe could do it."
        And that line always baffled me too, because up till then he's seen humans from earth get the crap kicked out of them by Jaffa. IMO there is no reason why Teal'c should believe that statement except for the fact that the script told him to say it.

I understand it's supposed to show he's noble, and virtuous, and a good judge of character, and I did see that, but it still bothers me.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I was wondering the samething... Thats going to bother me for a while... Maybe (even though it'll never happen) they should base an episode on Teal'c's past, pre- meeting Jack and the others.
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
            I was wondering the samething... Thats going to bother me for a while... Maybe (even though it'll never happen) they should base an episode on Teal'c's past, pre- meeting Jack and the others.
            *cough* Threshold *cough*
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco

Frankly I find Teal'c's switch bothersome. I love Teal'c and I think his character is wonderful (especially when he gets a chance to speak! ), but his change just doesn't work for me. You said "people who were in a good position to combat the goa'uld." And for me that's the rub, they weren't in a good possition. They were in the crappiest possition they could be in. They were prisoners, and Teal'c had no clue how many there were, or how strong they were. To just up and take off with some nobody you just meet isn't the smartest idea, other then the fact that the script says it's the right thing to do.

And that line always baffled me too, because up till then he's seen humans from earth get the crap kicked out of them by Jaffa. IMO there is no reason why Teal'c should believe that statement except for the fact that the script told him to say it.

I understand it's supposed to show he's noble, and virtuous, and a good judge of character, and I did see that, but it still bothers me.
              Well in threshold, he tells us he joined us not because of our technology, but because of our freedon. He SAW Jack not as a Colonel who might have a couple guns cached somewhere, but as the one person he had met in his life who had tasted liberty.

He joined us because he saw we would die before giving up his rights, just like him.
              Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
              Daniel: Niet.
              Jack: Daniel!
              Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
              -1969 (221)

Comment

Originally posted by MadJaffa
                Well in threshold, he tells us he joined us not because of our technology, but because of our freedon. He SAW Jack not as a Colonel who might have a couple guns cached somewhere, but as the one person he had met in his life who had tasted liberty.

He joined us because he saw we would die before giving up his rights, just like him.
                I know, but it took them FIVE (5) years before they got around to telling us.

I'm saying in the context of the one/two episodes that is CotG. Without knowing the character, IMO they didn't do the best job setting up his eventual switch. In fact for me, all they would have needed was that one scene, from Threshold, that they filmed between Teal'c and Bra'tec where they are looking through the bars at Jack, Sam, and Daniel, talking about freedom. That one scene would have made me go "Ok, I can see that now".

Otherwise it just felt like a plot device to serve getting them out and getting Teal'c to join them.
                ~BCM =)

Comment

I didn't see that episode

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco

I always thought he switch sides because the humans of the Tauri possessed the incredibly powerful Digital Watch.
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                      I always thought he switch sides because the humans of the Tauri possessed the incredibly powerful Digital Watch.
                      D'oh! You're right! How could I have missed something so obvious!
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

I always figured that what Teal'c meant was that he saw in Jack the potential to do what he said he could do. There's a recurrent theme in the series that Jaffa warriors learn to assess a person very quickly by looking them in the eyes. What inspired Teal'c to finally turn against Apophis was something he saw in Jack which told him that Jack's people could bring down a god.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                          He may have switched for the Digital Watch, but it's the doughnuts that made him stay.

p.s. COTG is not the only time we've seen the gate opened without a DHD or the dialing computer used to do so. Cassie did it in 2010 and Freya did it in The Nox. That doesn't explain COTG, though. Didn't the Asgard do it once as well?
                          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                          once done, cannot be undone...
                          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger

Really it's just one of those big honkin' plot holes.
                            Yep, definately a plot hole. These often happen in early episodes of a lot of long running shows, before the creators develop the stories, and put in place certain laws that control the way things work in the later eps.

Good opening ep., though.

I've got to get it on DVD, apparently there are bits on it that don't appear on the video.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yup about 7-10 minutes worth of "missing scenes" Of course the DVD is rated R for 1 scene of nudity which wasn't even needed.
                              ~BCM =)

Comment

I know... That 'top' scene sure wasnt needed, they could have just shown the head up like they did with the first girl captured.

Comment

Working...
                                X